HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Degeneration: hate it or love it?

Go down 
+18
Spike991
Mcghie
charlieRE2
Resident_evil5
Sargent D
Methsia
HUNK'syouruncle
Monster Mash
RaviorStygian
chessmaster
Resident4Rising
Godzilla90s
The Knife
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
ThomVD
Bub537
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:45 am

They made me jump, but I wasn't scared when I played those games. And RE4 didn't make me jump.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:21 am

I think I have finally put my finger on why I like the classic games so much, and what I feel is the most important aspect that sets them apart from RE4 and 5. The cerebral aspect. They actually made you use your brain quite a bit, unlike RE4 and 5.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 2:11 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I think I have finally put my finger on why I like the classic games so much, and what I feel is the most important aspect that sets them apart from RE4 and 5. The cerebral aspect. They actually made you use your brain quite a bit, unlike RE4 and 5.

Yeah that is true, everyone likes a game where you are challenged mentally, also the original RE
had you thinking what route to take that had less enemies so you didnt waste your last remaining clip of ammo,
because RE1 was pure survival at the beginning and the lack of ammo was terrifying.
Also back then when RE first started survival horror was fairly new and fresh and thats what was so frightening about it.
Perfect example of this is, have you ever watch a horror movie again years later and thought why was I even scared
of that ? its because at the time it was new and scary.
Also another aspect is getting older, you always see to love the things in your generation and hate the things in the future
generations because they dont bring you happiness because your not in your childhood no more.
I tried to explain that as well as I could but hopefully you understand what I mean lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:54 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Didn't mean to piss you off like that lol.

I'm just saying that RE4 didn't scare me at all. I'm probably not the only one. No offence for anybody that was scared. It's just my personal experience with the game. I still loved the game. Like people said before, RE is not really about the horror.

And no, the other RE games didn't scare the shit out of me, but more so than RE4 or 5. In my opinion, RE1 and REmake were the only scary RE games.
thats okay, topics like this just really grind my gears.

if they werent really that scary, then that's more acceptable, but to say that re4 is something totally different is ridiculous.

i wasnt joking about wanting some proof though.

You should do an entire run of re4, recording it and yourself so we can watch it not scare you. For the forums.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Spike991 wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I'm just saying that RE4 didn't scare me at all. I'm probably not the only one. No offence for anybody that was scared. It's just my personal experience with the game. I still loved the game. Like people said before, RE is not really about the horror.

And no, the other RE games didn't scare the shit out of me, but more so than RE4 or 5. In my opinion, RE1 and REmake were the only scary RE games.

if they werent really that scary, then that's more acceptable, but to say that re4 is something totally different is ridiculous.

You should do an entire run of re4, recording it and yourself so we can watch it not scare you. For the forums.

I don't wanna sound like a dick but there isn't much point in that. Thom's already played it. Numerous times perhaps. The fear dies down after multiple playthroughs.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:23 pm

The Knife wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I don't wanna sound like a dick but there isn't much point in that. Thom's already played it. Numerous times perhaps. The fear dies down after multiple playthroughs.
Well i dont want to sound like a fucking asdhole, but that was directed at Thom because dexpite multiple playthroughs, no matter what re game, does not mean you cant get caught off gaurd with something, even if you know its coming.

the point would be either he plays through and isnt startled in the least, like he claims, or he finds a few spots that make 'em jump.

now there are so many legit horror spots in the game, and to deny ALL is pretty ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:08 am

Lol sorry but I don't have much time for that. I've completed the game a lot of times and I don't feel like playing it again in the near future. But if you don't believe me, so be it. I just didn't find it very scary, my opinion.

@Nite: Exactly, that's what I love about the old RE games. I love games that require your brain. That's also why I love series like Zelda, Metroid and Portal.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:48 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Lol sorry but I don't have much time for that. I've completed the game a lot of times and I don't feel like playing it again in the near future. But if you don't believe me, so be it. I just didn't find it very scary, my opinion.

@Nite: Exactly, that's what I love about the old RE games. I love games that require your brain. That's also why I love series like Zelda, Metroid and Portal.

then im gonna just go with it being a lie.

that intense edge of your seat feeling is not absent, even in mercs. the waterworld level in re4 mercs, the one that has the giant dr. salvador, why dont you record a run of that. surely you have 5 minutes for a mercs run. maybe less assuming you dont get beheaded 10 seconds into it.

its not that re4 doesnt have horror or any scary parts, its more like you have a negative view of it and stubbornly refuse to acknowledge any positive attributes.

i can guarantee that if re4 hadnt been so overly popular and overly succesful and just such a big deal in mainstream media, nobody would be bitching about it on here. 100 percent, money-back guarantee.

likewise, i can admit that if richard waugh hadnt voiced wesker first, i would give two shits about dc douglas' horrible impression. i might even find it cool.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:25 am

Please let me have my own opinion. I really loved the game, I just didn't find it scary. Maybe I should say: It wasn't the kind of scary that scares me. I'm not scared if weird monsters run at you. Games like Amnesia scare the shit out of me, because of the atmosphere and vulnerable feeling. But I agree with this:

Spike991 wrote:
i can guarantee that if re4 hadnt been so overly popular and overly succesful and just such a big deal in mainstream media, nobody would be bitching about it on here. 100 percent, money-back guarantee.

I've got nothing more to say about this topic.

And yeah, I also liked Waugh more than DC Douglas
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:34 am

ThomVD wrote:
Please let me have my own opinion. I really loved the game, I just didn't find it scary. Maybe I should say: It wasn't the kind of scary that scares me. I'm not scared if weird monsters run at you. Games like Amnesia scare the shit out of me, because of the atmosphere and vulnerable feeling. But I agree with this:

Spike991 wrote:

sorry man, i know im being a little bit of a jerk, its just that i know giant dr. salvador running at you isnt going to leave you thinking, ''meh''.

thats the same as trying to run into a room to avoid getting by a hunter.

i totallt get whay you're saying about the type of horror stuff.

i think most of us arent so much freaked out by these freaks of nature just because tney look weird, its a combination of things.

like if it can kill you super quick like a hunter, licker, reaper, chainsaw-wielding son of a bitch, or what have you, it provokes a certain intensity that cannot be denied.

obviously you arent a huge re4 hater so perhaps i should just lay off a bit.Smile

at least you can apprecizte Waugh, i guess thats gotta count for something, though im not going to even get into that topic right now.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Spike991 wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Spike991 wrote:

sorry man, i know im being a little bit of a jerk, its just that i know giant dr. salvador running at you isnt going to leave you thinking, ''meh''.

thats the same as trying to run into a room to avoid getting by a hunter.

i totallt get whay you're saying about the type of horror stuff.

i think most of us arent so much freaked out by these freaks of nature just because tney look weird, its a combination of things.

like if it can kill you super quick like a hunter, licker, reaper, chainsaw-wielding son of a bitch, or what have you, it provokes a certain intensity that cannot be denied.

obviously you arent a huge re4 hater so perhaps i should just lay off a bit.Smile

at least you can apprecizte Waugh, i guess thats gotta count for something, though im not going to even get into that topic right now.

Fuck hunters.
Back to top Go down
BiohazardNews
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
BiohazardNews

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 pm

I thought degenaration was a good movie, but Leon looked like sh#t! His face is totally messed up, and he looks depressed. Claire wasn't that great either, I mean common she has way too big lips.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/BiohazardNews
BiohazardNews
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
BiohazardNews

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:26 pm

BiohazardNews wrote:
I thought degenaration was a good movie, but Leon looked like sh#t! His face is totally messed up, and he looks depressed. Claire wasn't that great either, I mean common she has way too big lips.

And yeah I know my avatar is from DG

Edit: not anymore

Last edited by BiohazardNews on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Gah! Try to avoid double posting. Use the edit button next time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
BiohazardNews
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
BiohazardNews

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Srry, just a new member, I don't know anything yet Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:33 pm

BiohazardNews wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

That's ok, it happens sometimes Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
BiohazardNews wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Not to me.

Maybe depressed is a good way to describe leon's degeneration face.
Back to top Go down
BiohazardNews
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
BiohazardNews

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:19 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
BiohazardNews wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Not to me.

Maybe depressed is a good way to describe leon's degeneration face.

Yes, but let's make it VERY VERY depressed then Wink
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:24 am

He's probably like that because he's repressing the horror of seeing all that he has seen.

I don't know, I'll take whatever chance I can to defend Leon. Especially when the complaints made about him are purist-esque complaints.
Back to top Go down
BiohazardNews
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
BiohazardNews

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:44 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
He's probably like that because he's repressing the horror of seeing all that he has seen.

I don't know, I'll take whatever chance I can to defend Leon. Especially when the complaints made about him are purist-esque complaints.

I like Leon too, but I wast just a little bit disappointed by his apperance that's all.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:45 pm

BiohazardNews wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I like Leon too, but I wast just a little bit disappointed by his apperance that's all.
He's definately not my fav, but i dont hate leon at all. i think he's a cool character, but theres nothing positive to say about him in degenetation...other than that parqour-like part towards the end. and the fact that they gave him his same pistol he had in re4.

otherwise...horrible. oh and still using paul mercier.
Back to top Go down
chaso13
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
chaso13

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:01 pm

i dont understand why evryone hates the live action movies i loved them exept for appocolypes i think that degeneration was bad
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Ironically Genesis and Apocalypse are the only live action movies I can tolerate.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ironically Genesis and Apocalypse are the only live action movies I can tolerate.
Whats genesis?

is that the re with phil collins?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:30 pm

"And God said unto the world, let there be zombies!"

@Chaso: Degeneration is the only RE full length film worth seeing if you are a fan of the games. What games have you even played?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Degeneration: hate it or love it?
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next