HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!   Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 12:40 pm

This makes me feel old and young at the same time.
I was 14 when the OG RE4 was released and I will be 31 when RE4 remake is released. Lol
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!   Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 6:25 pm

I'm hearing rumors that Krauser will be cut for an expanded focus on Luis Sera.

I'd rather they cut Luis. Banhammer
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!   Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 9:54 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I'm hearing rumors that Krauser will be cut for an expanded focus on Luis Sera.

I'd rather they cut Luis. Banhammer

That would be weird.... Especially since Krauser is in the canon Darkside Chronicles back story already. Unless this is another "reimagining" like they claim the RE2 and RE3 remakes to be. Unlike the RE1 remake that was turned into new canon. I don't understand why they didn't s
do the same for the other remakes.

Krauser is too big of a boss/villainy character to cut out completely. I guess we will have to wait and see what Capcom does with this remake.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!   Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2022 4:21 pm

I'd rather we didn't get a remake of 4. Code Veronica would be more preferable.

Also, I finally played RE3make over the past week. And I must say, it's pretty good but it held itself back from being great.

My Pros (Not counting graphics or voice acting because those are too obvious)

- Character Expansion: Carlos' and Tyrell's parts in the story were done much better than the OG. I was actually pretty bummed that Tyrell died. But having played the original, I knew it would come at some point.

- Jill's and Carlos' dynamic: This played better this time around.

- Dodge Mechanic: FAR better than the OG 3. And because sub weapons are no longer defense items, we need to be far more proactive in combat that just press a button when attacked.  With the S.T.A.R.S manual, it's outright busted.

- Map Expansion/Revisions: The hospital is better designed than in the OG.

- Store: I'd rather get achievements/trophies in the main game than grind mercenaries to get access to the good stuff.

- Enemies: Thanks to some of them having one-hit kills (regardless of health), they now require us to be more proficient with dodging, shooting, and running. Can be frustrating at times. But learning to counter them was part of the fun.

- One plot: One of the main problems I have with the RE2 remake was that it tries to be something it's not when still technically being that thing. The lack of zapping despite the game having Leon's and Claire's escape from Raccoon City happening simultaneously. The fact that a 1998 game showcased it better than 2019 is a shame.

At least with RE3make, there's no having to worry about another scenario feeling like an afterthought. In fact, it did Zapping even better than RE2make with the hospital.

- Final Boss (outside of Nightmare and Inferno): Special mention to the Nemesis boss battles in general. While moving and shooting is still the goal, we're given some more creative ways of taking down Ole Nemmy or making the fight easier than before.

Nemesis: When he is around, I'm on my toes far more than I was with Mr. X. Nemesis while weaker, is still fast and can cause an early grave if you don't know how to dodge or plan routes.

- Soundtrack: They actually remade it! Better than RE2:R too!

Cons:

- The beginning right after Brad's phone call: Too many scripted walking/chases piled into one place. It should have just been a cutscene if I was going to go through forced segments. Not as bad as parts of The Last of Us or Leon's RE6, but still a pain to go through on replays. I created a save file right after meeting Carlos so I don't have to deal with this.

- I can see why detractors say the game is quite linear. But it's not that bad for me.

- Jill's extra sass: Similar to Leon and Claire, I could do without some of the extra dialogue when fighting behemoths capable of killing me in a few blows if not careful. Some were good. But not many. The only reason they were so quiet in the original is what I can assume is a mixture of cold focus and fear.

- You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S" placement: Given the nature of the final boss, the line still would have worked there instead of the chance of the iconic line being interrupted.

- Cut content: My greatest con just like with RE2:R. While the expanded parts did a great job at what they did, Racoon City feels smaller than the OG RE3. The inclusion of Live Selection, hidden cutscenes, sudden enemy encounters, and a more open map than RE2 really helped give the game some variation during replays.

- Not enough time with Brad: I would have liked if Brad survived a little bit longer and even had his own onscreen Nemesis encounter.

- Tyrell's death: I knew he would go out. But I wish he was allowed to put up more of a fight with Nemmy before dying. It's not a major con though.

- Nemesis' drops: Handgun upgrades... and shotgun shells, that's it? Sure, he's easier to take down in this game. But the lack of exclusive weapons and infinite ammo drop gave me less of a reason to fight him on subsequent playthroughs. Additionally, there are fewer non-boss battles involving him.

- Jill's classic outfit: While I'm not a fan of the skort, that's no reason to not play the game, especially if you have a PC. At the same time, changing the outfit because of upskirts is pretty silly. We have some of the goriest deaths in the series as well as the camera focusing on Jill's rear on multiple occasions. Yet somehow underwear is what crosses the line in an M-rated game?

Overall, I rate RE3 a 7/10. The beginning should have been a long cutscene. But after that, the game really gets going.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!   Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 4:25 pm

I was kind of hoping for a code Veronica remake.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!   Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 7:57 pm

Nobudy wrote:
- Jill's extra sass: Similar to Leon and Claire, I could do without some of the extra dialogue when fighting behemoths capable of killing me in a few blows if not careful. Some were good. But not many. The only reason they were so quiet in the original is what I can assume is a mixture of cold focus and fear.

I consider this a pro since she was so wooden in OG.

Quote :
- Jill's classic outfit: While I'm not a fan of the skort, that's no reason to not play the game, especially if you have a PC. At the same time, changing the outfit because of upskirts is pretty silly. We have some of the goriest deaths in the series as well as the camera focusing on Jill's rear on multiple occasions. Yet somehow underwear is what crosses the line in an M-rated game?

My ex-GF was adamant long before even RE2R started development that she was wearing a skort in the original, too. Like, way more than she healthily should have been.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!   Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

I consider this a pro since she was so wooden in OG.

I see what you mean. But it now makes most characters all the same except with different skins. There has to be a way to add some variation.

Quote :

My ex-GF was adamant long before even RE2R started development that she was wearing a skort in the original, too. Like, way more than she healthily should have been.

I totally understand if this was a choice the development team made on their own. But it's clear they did so for censorship reasons only. Sure enough, modders went to reversing this quick quickly.

They're apparently skorting Ashley in the RE4 remake too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!   Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Page 1 of 1