HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Degeneration: hate it or love it?

Go down 
+18
Spike991
Mcghie
charlieRE2
Resident_evil5
Sargent D
Methsia
HUNK'syouruncle
Monster Mash
RaviorStygian
chessmaster
Resident4Rising
Godzilla90s
The Knife
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
ThomVD
Bub537
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:14 pm

[quote="Mass Distraction"]
Monster Mash wrote:
I never had any load issues. The game smoothly changed the screen to another in an instant. Only the door opening sequences took their time but at least we got the animation. Sometimes it would stuck there for a second before starting to open the door but nothing too serious. Outbreak on the other hand had some real issues with the load times.

Two seconds may have been an overstatement, but when I was trying to get from one place to another quickly, it still seemed a bit annoying; for example, even when all of the enemies were gone in the police station in RE2, getting from one side to another just seemed like a chore at times. You are right about Outbreak; it's load times were too long, among other problems.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Oh, I knew that thing. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I have seen my friend play the first disc of CV on the Dreamcast. I even helped him with that puzzle Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Awesome, another quote fail Very Happy .

@Mass: Ok, good.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:21 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I never had any load issues. The game smoothly changed the screen to another in an instant. Only the door opening sequences took their time but at least we got the animation. Sometimes it would stuck there for a second before starting to open the door but nothing too serious. Outbreak on the other hand had some real issues with the load times.

Two seconds may have been an overstatement, but when I was trying to get from one place to another quickly, it still seemed a bit annoying; for example, even when all of the enemies were gone in the police station in RE2, getting from one side to another just seemed like a chore at times. You are right about Outbreak; it's load times were too long, among other problems.
Maybe you just had a bad copy of the game? It might be because of my version being on PC but the transition for me is smooth without the tiniest of delays. Actually the load times were my only problem in Outbreak.

@Thom: Still, I'm not exactly sure what was the last thing I saw from the game... Gotta get the HD version and see for myself. Epic handshake for the finished debate, btw.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Maybe you just had a bad copy of the game? It might be because of my version being on PC but the transition for me is smooth without the tiniest of delays. Actually the load times were my only problem in Outbreak.

I've never had a problem either, except for outbreak.

Mass Distraction wrote:
@Thom: Still, I'm not exactly sure what was the last thing I saw from the game... Gotta get the HD version and see for myself. Epic handshake for the finished debate, btw.

Yeah, it was fun Smile .
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I don't think my copy was bad; the load times were smooth, and as I said, two seconds was an exaggeration. It just seemed like a big hassle when you're running from point A to point B, the prerendered background shifts several times without moving, making it seem like the character was stopping when they weren't. Also, I hated it when you would enter a room, and would hear zombies or other monsters, but the camera would pan in so close that all you would see was you and the door that you came in. Like Nite said, the player should be able to see what the character sees.
As to Outbreak, I thought that the AI was poor, it was a bit too dark in places, and I could rarely bring myself to give a damn about the characters.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:32 am

ThomVD wrote:
But the controls didn't change at all, just the camera. I don't care which camera view RE has. I always loved the angles so I don't see why they should change it. Look at REmake/RE0's graphics. Better than RE4 (and maybe even better than non-HD RE5) because of the pre-rendered backgrounds.

The controls did change actually, and in a good way. But if you want to talk about the camera angles, fine. The OTS camera is an improvement over the fixed camera angles. Now you can look around you like you would be able to if you were actually the character. Being able to see what is around you is a good thing.

Source: Logic.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:36 am

Did the controls change? I still press forward to move forward and left or right to turn. Maybe it's a improvement for you, but I don't care about the camera in RE. I loved the angles and I love the OTS view. The advantage of the pre-rendered backgrounds is that the game looks way more pretty.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:45 am

The movement controls are not the only controls. Nearly everything changed aside from the fact that up is forward down is backward, etc. And while prerendered backgrounds can look appealing, they are extremely restrictive. Because they are static, nothing about them can change in real time. Therefore, crumbling buildings or monsters burting through walls won't be realistic at all, assuming they can really even happen. And RE4 and 5 are great looking games anyway.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:58 am

The whole control scheme is the same. Y or triangle is inventory, A or cross is picking up items or shoot your gun, R is aiming, B or Square is sprinting, X or Circle is the partner button (also used in RE0). It's still the same.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:04 am

R1-aim
R2-shoot
L1-ready knife
L1+R2-attack with knife
Melee controls have been brought in.
RE5 introduced using L2 (I think) to find your partner.
Cooperative move controls have been brought in.
A lot has changed. The controls are now better suited to playing a game in real time. That's how it should be.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:07 am

Ok RE5 had a new control scheme (which I actually didn't use) but 4 didn't except for the knife button.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:11 am

Even in RE4 though, the camera angle changed how well the controls worked. Admittedly, I never had a smidgen of trouble with the classic angles and controls. I adapt to controls like a fish to water (except that damn wiimote abomination). But I feel it is obvious that the OTS camera has affected the controls in a good way and has especially helped the gameplay as you can now see wherever you want to see. Keeping the old controls/camera angles just to make the game more difficult is not a trend I would like to see occur.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:38 am

Playing with RE4's control scheme is the only way to play. Razz
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:46 am

And making games easier because some people don't have the patience to learn to play a game is a trend I don't like.

I don't care about the camera view, but ok, it is a improvement. But still, that is the only improvement in the new games I can think of, and they've thrown away a lot of good stuff from the older games.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:45 pm

ThomVD wrote:
And making games easier because some people don't have the patience to learn to play a game is a trend I don't like.

I don't care about the camera view, but ok, it is a improvement. But still, that is the only improvement in the new games I can think of, and they've thrown away a lot of good stuff from the older games.

I agree if you are referring to gameplay, but I disagree if you are referring to controls/camera angles.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm talking about gameplay. Games get easier and easier and I hate it. I love a challenge. This is also the case with RE (shitload of ammo and lack of puzzles).
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:04 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I'm talking about gameplay. Games get easier and easier and I hate it. I love a challenge. This is also the case with RE (shitload of ammo and lack of puzzles).
I actually run out of ammo more times than in any other RE game. Sure I get ammo relatively quickly after running out, but it still happens. Usually when I'm being cornered. That has never happened in any other RE game for me.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:07 pm

That's weird. If I shoot every enemy in RE4 and even if I shoot at the wall sometimes, I would still end up with my inventory filled with all kinds of ammo and healing items. They give you more than 2 times as much as RE0/REmake. I can't imagine how you could even get close to running out of ammo if you play serious.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:19 pm

When I panicked in RE4 I ran out of ammo. Not that I wouldn't have had more after killing everything but for a moment I thought I was gonna die.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:31 pm

ThomVD wrote:
That's weird. If I shoot every enemy in RE4 and even if I shoot at the wall sometimes, I would still end up with my inventory filled with all kinds of ammo and healing items. They give you more than 2 times as much as RE0/REmake. I can't imagine how you could even get close to running out of ammo if you play serious.
I meant RE5. It's hard to run out of ammo in RE4.

Actually when starting from scratch, I usually get close to running out of ammo on Wesker. I have to improvise, sometime letting him kill me so I can sell that one diamond you find during the battle to buy a bunch of magnums (they're cheap), first aid spray, and some rocket launchers. It's also pretty easy to just fight him with a knife if you're careful.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:44 am

One question. Why in the hell are you shooting at Wesker?
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:49 am

NiteKrawler wrote:

To kill him and get the ending. .-.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:06 pm

Oh, the last version of him. Still, losing ammo? Aim boy!
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
There's two times when you have to shoot at him, one to get Wesker to chase Sheva, and then again when you have to shoot at him to stop him from killing Sheva. It took a lot of ammo, and I didn't have very much to begin with.

However in the final part of the battle it's actually pretty easy to take him out without guns. Pretty much stun him, run behind him, and then keep holding buttons as Sheva and Chris totally annihilate him using their knives (or machetes).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Degeneration: hate it or love it?
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next