HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it

Go down 
2 posters

What did you think about the DDK system in Dino Crisis?
I liked the DDK system.
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Vote_lcap60%Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
I'm indifferent towards the DDK system.
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Vote_lcap20%Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
I disliked the DDK system.
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Vote_lcap0%Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I've never played Dino Crisis.
Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Vote_lcap20%Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage

Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Empty
PostSubject: Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it   Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Well I've just started another playthrough of the first Dino Crisis and I've been thinking about the DDK system that the game uses. In the game some doors are protected with a security system called "DDK." In order to unlock these doors you need to find two different key cards, then it will give you a puzzle you have to solve, and only then will the door be unlocked. When I first played the game I hated the DDK system and I had to use the internet to solve pretty much all of the DDK puzzles, since I didn't understand what exactly you were supposed to do for the puzzles. However now I don't really mind it and I like how it changes things up a bit from Resident Evil.

Gameplay-wise though I do find it to be an overly complex process unlock doors. Story-wise it makes sense, seeing as how the game takes place in an advanced government research facility where top secret research is being conducted. So what did everyone think of the DDK system, did you love it or hate it or just feel indifferent? And would you have liked to see a similar system used in Resident Evil games or are you glad that Capcom continued using the normal Resident Evil key system for unlocking doors?
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it   Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:52 am

Is this really Resident Evil related? *shrug* Is it considered 'a sister tothe series'. Right?

Anyways I personally love the DDK system. Supposedly the military actually uses codes like that. They can be difficult to figure out, but as you go most of the codes become common sense as to what they would be. The letter on the DDK Disk tells you what the password will begin with. And once you see how long it is there's only a number of options to choose from.

My first play through of Dino Crisis I did a lot of writing down of the codes and the longer they got and the further I got through to the lab the harder they got. Right now I have an entire book of every notice, memo, email, etc... Numerical code and DDK code in the entire game.

When it comes to Dino Crisis 2 I know where every last disk is at with info on the dinosaurs you're more likely to encounter during your time in that horrible jungle.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it   Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:08 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Supposedly the military actually uses codes like that.
I've never heard of anything like that. Question
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it   Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:

As I said 'supposedly'. I never said it was 'true'.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it   Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:29 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:

And I responded that I'd never heard of such a thing. Your cue to put forward where or from whom you learned of this supposed use.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it   Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:

And I responded that I'd never heard of such a thing. Your cue to put forward where or from whom you learned of this supposed use.

A relation in my family who claimed to know about the military. Compared to my dad and mom though he didn't know much of anything. My dad served and my mom tried and was 'blackballed' as she called it on a test, though I'm not entirely sure what that is anymore now that I'm older and she hasn't talked about it in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it   Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:43 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:

A relation in my family who claimed to know about the military. Compared to my dad and mom though he didn't know much of anything.
Yeah, sounds to me like he was making stuff up. While it's always possible there *could* be some similar system in use, I can't say I'm familiar with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it   Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it Empty

Back to top Go down

Dino Crisis DDK - Love it or Hate it
Page 1 of 1