Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why did most of you hate RE4?

Go down 
+11
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
Monster Mash
Patronum1121
ace.redfield
RaviorStygian
ThomVD
Mass Distraction
TeRoR KiD
HUNK'syouruncle
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

Why did most of you hate RE4? Empty
PostSubject: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:23 am

Since i joined these forums last week, I realised that many of the members of this (awesome) website don't like Resident Evil 4. 3 years ago I got the RE4 Wii Addition for Christmas and fell in love with it. It became my third favourite game of all time and my favourite Wii game. What are your reasons for not liking it?

Last edited by HUNK'syouruncle on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damn keyboard)
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:03 am

I'm pretty sure most Resident Evil fans can appreciate all RE games and just feel RE4 doesn't really compare to the earlier installments of the series. RE4 is a good part of the series in my books because it revolutionized things with features like grenades, jumping over gaps, riding on vehicles etc. The merchant was also a kick ass idea and it has a lot of neat bonus features.

My biggest problems with RE4 are that it lost the survival horror element and there are not enough confined spaces. It's far too easy to just run away from groups of enemies to a safe spot and pick them off. All of the earlier installments forced you to be strategic when encountered with an enemy or even just decide to avoid them several times to conserve ammo and progress to a position in the game where you need an item to solve a puzzle or find enough ammo to comfortably kill them.

I still love the game though. In fact I think I might go and play it right now Very Happy

Last edited by TeRoR KiD on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:42 am

I have no complaints with RE4. It's a really, really good game. I might also go and play it again, it's been too long.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:59 am

There already is a thread about this: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t2740-why-do-fantards-hate-the-newer-games

RE4 is a great game, but my least fave main game for several reasons listed in the other thread.

TeRoR KiD wrote:
My biggest problems with RE4 are that it lost the survival horror element and there are not enough confined spaces. It's far too easy to just run away from groups of enemies to a safe spot and pick them off. All of the earlier installments forced you to be strategic when encountered with an enemy or even just decide to avoid them several times to conserve ammo and progress to a position in the game where you need an item to solve a puzzle or find enough ammo to comfortably kill them.

This is one of the biggest reasons.

Btw, Mass, I completed Dead Aim yesterday and it was great Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:47 am

ThomVD wrote:
There already is a thread about this: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t2740-why-do-fantards-hate-the-newer-games
Well, yeah... Still, I think this wouldn't hurt as it's more specific.

ThomVD wrote:
Btw, Mass, I completed Dead Aim yesterday and it was great Very Happy .
You did? Sweet Very Happy I really love that game, my second favorite RE title. I'd like to hear your impressions on the Dead Aim thread [link]
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 am

Yeah it was amazing. I really don't understand why some people hate it. The only complaint I had was the length.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:56 am

It was lengthy enough for me. Might just play it again one of these days.

I don't think people hate it, more like disregard it. It's just WAY underrated.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:22 am

What I hate most are some of the RE4 fanboys that haven't played the old games and still say RE4 is the best in the series. They often bash RE5, think Leon, Krauser and the Merchant are the best RE characters, hate Chris and think Regenerators are scary.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:31 am

ThomVD wrote:
What I hate most are some of the RE4 fanboys that haven't played the old games and still say RE4 is the best in the series. They often bash RE5, think Leon, Krauser and the Merchant are the best RE characters, hate Chris and think Regenerators are scary.
Regenerators ARE scary.

I don't like the fanboys either but I didn't know they bashed RE5 too?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:37 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Regenerators ARE scary.

I know they look weird but they're not dangerous enough to be as scary as a Hunter or Licker.

Mass Distraction wrote:
I didn't know they bashed RE5 too?

They do, and they think Chris is a new guy -_- . Just watch a random RE4 video and you'll see.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:14 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Regenerators ARE scary.

I know they look weird but they're not dangerous enough to be as scary as a Hunter or Licker.
They are scary as in they are creeping the hell out of me. I don't regard something that is "dangerous" to be scary unless it actually freaks me out. I've never found hunters to be scary and lickers are only somewhat creepy.

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I didn't know they bashed RE5 too?

They do, and they think Chris is a new guy -_- . Just watch a random RE4 video and you'll see.
It hurts me how most of those people have not even played RE2. Still, searching for a random RE4 video just gives me... RE4.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:49 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
It hurts me how most of those people have not even played RE2. Still, searching for a random RE4 video just gives me... RE4.

Almost all vids about RE4 contains comments like: "RE4 > RE5", "Leon > Chris", "RE5 is a disgrace for the series, but 4 was the best one" and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:25 pm

None of the games are a disgrace to the series. Why can't people realize that?

Not that it matters. They can miss out on the pleasures of gaming if they want.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
None of the games are a disgrace to the series. Why can't people realize that?

Not that it matters. They can miss out on the pleasures of gaming if they want.

True. I do prefer the older RE games, but I will never ever say that RE4 is bad or a disgrace to the series. It would be very stupid to say, because I have 3 versions of RE4 (all 100% completed). I love all RE games. But I still think RE4 is a bit overrated at times.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 pm

many hate the changes, but i don't hate it, it's just the least like RE game. I think it's leon that i dislike, or maybe just least like again Smile
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:28 pm

ThomVD wrote:

Regenerator are pretty damn scary until you get the thermal scope and can kill them easier. I have played the older games and love them to pieces. my second favourite Resi title is Resident Evil 2 for the PSX.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:33 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Almost all vids about RE4 contains comments like: "RE4 > RE5", "Leon > Chris", "RE5 is a disgrace for the series, but 4 was the best one" and stuff like that.

I had no idea that so many RE4 fans hated RE5. personnalyy I love RE5, mostly because of the final show down between Chris and Wwsker (I know that Sheva's their to calm down). I do however find Chris's body to be in an unhealthy state and pretty disturbing, honestly he puts Arnie to shame
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:55 pm

HUNK'syouruncle, don't double post. Hit the edit button.

Ashley is what I hated the most in RE4.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:58 pm

RE4 was epic in every way. Ashley did get annoying, not to an extreme extent. I honestly believe that it's the best in the series, and I love the original games.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:35 am

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Regenerator are pretty damn scary until you get the thermal scope and can kill them easier. I have played the older games and love them to pieces. my second favourite Resi title is Resident Evil 2 for the PSX.

Then you aren't the kind of fanboy I mentioned Smile .
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:41 am

the only thing i hated about RE4 was ashley
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:03 pm

I don't hate RE4. I just consider it highly overrated and worse than most of the other RE games. I feel the story is very cliche and a bit boring and I didn't like Krauser in this game. Krauser is pretty awesome in DSC though. And yes, Regenerators and Iron Maidens are scary. They are probably the most Silent Hill-ish enemies of the series, which is enough to make them the scariest "common enemies" as well.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
And yes, Regenerators and Iron Maidens are scary. They are probably the most Silent Hill-ish enemies of the series, which is enough to make them the scariest "common enemies" as well.

Nah. To me a scary enemy is a dangerous enemy. I just don't get the "Holy shit" feeling if I encounter a Regenerator/Iron maiden. They're just too easy to defeat and too slow. They look and sound scary though, but that isn't enough for me.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:16 pm

They just have that, I know they are here before I see them, feel. They make me not want to turn a corner because they might be RIGHT there. Hunters and Reapers must terrify you if you base your fear on how dangerous enemies are.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:21 pm

I think everyone has his own thoughts about what makes a monster scary. Like you said, Hunters and Reapers are IMO the scariest enemies. I'm really damn scared if I'm on caution/danger and I hear or see a hunter. The look of a monster just doesn't scare me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did most of you hate RE4?   Why did most of you hate RE4? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why did most of you hate RE4?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next