HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Degeneration: hate it or love it?

Go down 
+18
Spike991
Mcghie
charlieRE2
Resident_evil5
Sargent D
Methsia
HUNK'syouruncle
Monster Mash
RaviorStygian
chessmaster
Resident4Rising
Godzilla90s
The Knife
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
ThomVD
Bub537
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:46 pm

The Knife wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Claims to be biggest RE fan.
Only played 4 & 5.

Did he really say that?

He claims to keep copies of RE4 and 5 in his office, I think. No word about the originals.

well he was a fan well before re4 and re5.

the first movie came out in 2002 i think.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 am

Spike991 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Only played 4 & 5.

Did he really say that?

He claims to keep copies of RE4 and 5 in his office, I think. No word about the originals.

Well, Anderson can time travel, it would seem.

Unless he thinks REmake is an action game. Or CVX.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:00 am

How can anyone think REmake is an action game?! It had probably the least amount of action in the entire series.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:11 am

ThomVD wrote:
How can anyone think REmake is an action game?! It had probably the least amount of action in the entire series.

Nah... that'd probably be Gaiden.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 6:50 pm

The Knife wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Only played 4 & 5.

Did he really say that?

CVX was one of the most action packed, definately at the time it came out.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Spike991 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Only played 4 & 5.

Did he really say that?

CVX was one of the most action packed, definately at the time it came out.

Yeah I admit that, but it had the right action/horror balance.
I can remember demo video I got out a ps2 magazine and it showed the part with the doctor in the infirmary eating the guys face, that literally disturbed me to the point I was frightened and hadn't even played the game yet.
Also Im doing a playthrough of CV on the 360 and got past that bit a few hours ago and lets just say the infirmary section of rockfort island still to this day scares the shit out me Neutral
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Mcghie wrote:
I can remember demo video I got out a ps2 magazine and it showed the part with the doctor in the infirmary eating the guys face, that literally disturbed me to the point I was frightened and hadn't even played the game yet.
Also Im doing a playthrough of CV on the 360 and got past that bit a few hours ago and lets just say the infirmary section of rockfort island still to this day scares the shit out me Neutral

It truly did. RE4 did a good job blending the two as well.

RE5 on the other hand maybe lacked in certain aspects. CVX and RE4 should be looked at as prime examples of how to blend those certain characteristics like horror and action effectively.

Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:14 am

Nah, RE4 had a bit too much action for my taste. Loved the game though.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:08 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

It truly did. RE4 did a good job blending the two as well.

RE5 on the other hand maybe lacked in certain aspects. CVX and RE4 should be looked at as prime examples of how to blend those certain characteristics like horror and action effectively.

RE4 did have a bit more action but it did balance it out pretty well. I think it was just a little more action and fast paced because your enemies were not zombies, zombies are slow and you wouldn't need to barricade yourself in a house and dive through the window because some crazy chainsaw wielding maniac burst through the door and is running after you.
But I really had a gripe with ganado's because I missed the zombies.
RE4 was a little terrifying but and always had your heart going because you were constantly tormented by the enemies and running for your life lol and dont get me started on my first encounter with a regenerator.

RE5 was a good game but it lacked slightly, although the storyline for it was pure golden and I really inclined to get to the next cut-scene as quick as possible or the next area to see what other parts of the story I'm going to learn about.

Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

I would surely hope they don't make RE4 the standard for "blending action and horror well."
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:45 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I would surely hope they don't make RE4 the standard for "blending action and horror well."
re4 blended it extremely well, dont front nite.

but anyway, there were other things that affected how people looked at the overall product.

the lack of ''Zombies'' was something that everybody freaked out about at first. myself included.

i dont think you can have too much horror, but action has been implimented in the series for a long time, and its just stupid how much complaining and hate re4 has to catch like it's the antichrist of RE.

@Tvd, what is too much action?

im curious, as i personally hate the whole, ''re4 is a great game but not re game'' bs that ive heard in the past.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:49 pm

I personally prefer the slow paced, puzzle based, atmospheric RE games like REmake.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:58 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I personally prefer the slow paced, puzzle based, atmospheric RE games like REmake.
re4 blended those qualities.

i think what you might be getting at, and what I also enjoy is being put in a location, like a mansion being ideal, and just having to figure your way out.

i would really love to experience something like that again. LIN was way too short and straight forward. i mean really feeling like you're investigating.

let's also not forget that re4 really did more good than bad. OTS aiming is ideal too. there's nothing that says camera angles are the only factor in making a game have that survival aspect.

i think Revelations might be exactly what everyone needs. it looks like its going to do an even better job of blending horror, action, and survival, along with a kickass and intriguing story.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Spike991 wrote:

i think what you might be getting at, and what I also enjoy is being put in a location, like a mansion being ideal, and just having to figure your way out.

i would really love to experience something like that again. LIN was way too short and straight forward. i mean really feeling like you're investigating.

Yeah, this is exactly what I loved in the classic RE games.

I agree with the OTS view being good. I also liked the camera angles so I don't really care which camera the game has.

But I still think RE4 had way too few puzzles. I loved finding items and keys and combining them, etc.

The atmosphere in RE4 was decent, but not even close to REmake.

Btw, I also think that RE4 in general is overrated. Many think it's the best game of last gen, but when I think about the best games of last gen, I think of games like Final Fantasy X, LoZ: The Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Shadow of the Colossus, REmake, Ninja Gaiden and Knights of the old republic. All much better than RE4 in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:50 pm

Too much action? RE5. And you all know I love RE5. RE4 skirted around the line as well. I think RE4 had too much action personally. I wouldn't have minded it so much if the story were half bearable.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:14 pm

IMO I think as far as action goes in a RE game it should never exceed the amount of action that was in
Code Veronica. That was perfect, yes change the games about a bit and bring new things into them to
keep them fresh but not go to uber hollywood up in the place.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:58 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Too much action? RE5. And you all know I love RE5. RE4 skirted around the line as well. I think RE4 had too much action personally. I wouldn't have minded it so much if the story were half bearable.
re4 had too much action? compared to what? or is there a standard, a quota or a certain ratio capcom has to abide by.

spicing up certain things adding a few new things but still keeping so many awesome RE qualities does not make re4 such a different experience.

the story wasnt so bad. it doesn't tie in so deeply with the most pertinent stuff in the series, obviously the few months that consisted of the initial t-virus leak, and the raccoon stuff.

the story and characters have evolved and expanded. some good, others not so much.

re4 had plenty of horror. not that there can be too much, there is always room for more.

as for the puzzles....re4 had plenty of puzzle solving. the actual thinking figuring out variety and the collect items, maybe combine kind.

also, the ''classic RE games''. what are those exactly? does it end with a certain game? is re4 and everything post-re4 non classic.

i think re4 is over and underrated at the same time.

i cant believe how much bitching there is about something like the amount of action in re4.

i know that all of the different factors combined is why re4 gets so much hate.

it just had all the right changes, combined with the timing for it to become such a big deal....the overpopularity just killed it too.

no one would give a shit if they had only introduced any of the changes in re4 individually.

Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 6:12 pm

Notice I said "I think" and "personally". And the story not tying in with the other games is fine. How generic and absolutely cliche and boring it was is not okay.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:00 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Notice I said "I think" and "personally". And the story not tying in with the other games is fine. How generic and absolutely cliche and boring it was is not okay.
cliche, maybe. but how was it boring?

it was interesting from the beginning.

the stuff behind the scenes was very relevant and tied into the main story. the stuff with the Organization, wesker, ada, and the introduction of krauser into that whole mix. though i remember you didnt like Jack.

Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:24 am

Nite was right, It's just a matter of preference. RE4 didn't even got close to scaring me even a single time. In REmake, I jumped out of my seat the first time through, and even if I play it now. And the puzzles were so easy and short that they shouldn't even be needed in the first place. If you remove all puzzles in the older games, you have nothing left. If you remove the puzzles in RE4, it's still almost the same game.

I love how a thread that has nothing to do with RE4, has like 3 RE4 discussions in it Razz .
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 7:28 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Nite was right, It's just a matter of preference. RE4 didn't even got close to scaring me even a single time. In REmake, I jumped out of my seat the first time through, and even if I play it now. And the puzzles were so easy and short that they shouldn't even be needed in the first place. If you remove all puzzles in the older games, you have nothing left. If you remove the puzzles in RE4, it's still almost the same game.

I love how a thread that has nothing to do with RE4, has like 3 RE4 discussions in it Razz .
Okay BS. im going to call bullshit on that.

didnt scare you once?

let me guess, that ″classic″ RE games scared the living shit out of you, but re4 put you to sleep.

is that close?

or did the RE games just generally not scare you at all?

obviously re4 doesnt have to prove a damn thing, it has plenty of horror, and for you to just be like, ''meh'', is complete nonsense.

its not a matter of preference whether or not re4 had horror or not.

it can be a matter of preference whether you liked it.

Man i would fucking love to have watched you play re4 the first time, just to see this completely indifferent, unenthusiastic look on your face while re4 didnt come close to scaring you even once.

Dr. Salvador, del lago, bella sisters, regenerators, first time we see the parasite burst from a ganados head, the illuminados with their chanting, the garradors, and much much more. Nope, fuck 'em all, they didnt scare anybody.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:37 pm

Spike's piss has officially been brought to a boil lol.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:09 am

Didn't mean to piss you off like that lol.

I'm just saying that RE4 didn't scare me at all. I'm probably not the only one. No offence for anybody that was scared. It's just my personal experience with the game. I still loved the game. Like people said before, RE is not really about the horror.

And no, the other RE games didn't scare the shit out of me, but more so than RE4 or 5. In my opinion, RE1 and REmake were the only scary RE games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:12 am

Just for the record, I never thought the original was scary. To be fair, I never played it as a kid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 4:58 am

ThomVD wrote:
Didn't mean to piss you off like that lol.

I'm just saying that RE4 didn't scare me at all. I'm probably not the only one. No offence for anybody that was scared. It's just my personal experience with the game. I still loved the game. Like people said before, RE is not really about the horror.

And no, the other RE games didn't scare the shit out of me, but more so than RE4 or 5. In my opinion, RE1 and REmake were the only scary RE games.

Wait, so you're saying the orginal and the REmake were the only ones that made you shit a brick? So the R.P.D library, the mirror Licker, Mr. X and having to play as Sherry DIDN'T scare you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Degeneration: hate it or love it?   Degeneration: hate it or love it? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Degeneration: hate it or love it?
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next