HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Complaints Thread

Go down 
+22
PWNERX
Sargent D
SWITCHMYND
Shrike
Limey
Ghost Leader
White Rock
Nobudy
Mcghie
RebelliousQueen
r-zone
AWDCP
Outbreakgirl
JamTyrantH
Lightning Count
Vandal
Teh Black Cat
37 Narwhals
will1234562
Industrial Ridden
Mass Distraction
MSR
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 am

Exactly. Some of the crybabies at gamespot complained about the lack of baaic zombies. Like you said, with RE6 controls, the game would be too easy.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 am

That is true. If we can run around, slide, and round-house kick the zombies then we would need harder enemies... Like a mass of crimson heads! Very Happy

Lol well if it was single player and true survival horror, slower enemies could still work. I saw where someone mentioned it earlier that days of backtracking in RE are gone. Bring that back! Bring back limited ammo, very limited ammo. Add in some more close quarter scenarios where it is a "tight" situation involving lots of zombies to many to melee through. Make the maps open with many ways to explore. Some ways are more punishing than others and forces you to think through your choice of directions. Add in some keys you have to look for (they are not handed to you on a silver platter) to get into certain areas. Heck, bring back ink ribbons so you are punished if you do die without having saved. (there is no punishment for dying anymore)

This could be done with any type of enemy really, not just zombies.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 am

Zombies posed a thread in ORC. In RE6, it felt like they were just in the way. ORC, you could get infected, there was a ton to push through, and some could turn into crimson heads.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:13 am

Oh yes, adding infection into a numbered game would really add to the survival aspect to it. I really enjoyed the infection meter on outbreak. If you get bit they could add in nice visuals to show how close you are to turning. Once you turn, game over with a nice animation Smile Unless you find a cure of course.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:26 am

They should have done that, the survival was taken out and the horror was taken out. Also, I never understood why they turned herbs into pills. The spray made sense at least. Pills for fleshwounds?
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 12:44 pm

Who knows, maybe next time we will get a neosporin paste to rub on those nasty zombie scratches :p
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:25 pm

I didn't like the pills and the healing system in RE6. Although having pills is similar to Dead Aim. And I agree with everything Ssplain said in that larger post, except the bit about limited ammo. I found myself hurting for ammo plenty of times in RE6. And even in RE5, even if that was partially because of Sheva. But RE6's AIR didn't take ammo at all. Anyway, I think that we have limited ammo and I don't see that as much of an issue.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 6:17 am

I hated inventory generally and everything about it in 6. It was really, really horrible. You never knew when you are going to run out of space and whatnot because it was so unsightly. I also hated checkpoints in 6. If you weren't playing on No Hope, any other difficulty would provide full health upon respawning on checkpoint, which is kind of moronic as fuck. I am not playing fucking Counter Strike, I am playing a Resident Evil game. Jesus Christ. It beats the who point of not trying to die. Instead, you want to die if your health is low so you don't have to waste your herbs and whatnot. Dunno why I started talking about RE6. I could go on forever.

Edit: One day when I have time to waste, I will write a story about what I would put in RE7 or whatever, and you guys can judge how much of a terrible writers Capcom employs. I will even go into details of gameplay I would like to see. Also, details will be getting a special attention, like no quadrillion Hunters which attacked Terragregia like in Revelations etc. I will make the read worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:25 am

Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:11 am

Yea as for he inventory system, I actually prefer the older style with 4 to 6 blocks. Actually I did not mind resident evil 5's inventory but I still feel it could be improved on greatly. Resident evil 6 was the worst inventory system I have seen to date.

Finding items to increase the carrying capacity was a good idea. I would like to see that as a game progresses. But at the same time I don't feel like one should be able to carry a shotgun, sniper rifle, and 2 RPG's at the same time...
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:21 am

Vandal wrote:
We have pleanty of threads for the next resident evil game. 

http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4258p60-resident-evil-7-discussion
http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4841p60-my-ideas-for-the-next-resident-evil-game
http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4830-is-resident-evil-7-a-possibility

Uh, I didn't mean like: Hey, would it be cool to be like this or like that? I mean as in, I am going to write the whole script. As in, EVERY dialogue and scene. I would need a separate thread for that, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:38 am

No Backtracking. It's just a cheap way to make the game longer just like the "Defeat all enemies" segments. It'd be the same thing that people complain about now. As for limited ammo, it all depends on how you use it. The difficulty you play plays a part as well provided you don't use skills most noticeably on Professional and No Hope mode. As for healing items, most of the story didn't make sense, so I wasn't surprised when it happened to the healing items.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:32 am

Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:
We have pleanty of threads for the next resident evil game. 

http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4258p60-resident-evil-7-discussion
http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4841p60-my-ideas-for-the-next-resident-evil-game
http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4830-is-resident-evil-7-a-possibility

Uh, I didn't mean like: Hey, would it be cool to be like this or like that? I mean as in, I am going to write the whole script. As in, EVERY dialogue and scene. I would need a separate thread for that, thanks.
I'm sure we'll all enjoy reading it.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Vandal wrote:
Can't tell if sarcastic or not, but you will anyway. Trust me. Now go and finish those original REs. Get chased by Nemesis a bit.

Edit: Shit, didn't elaborate. Definitely don't agree with no backtracking thing, but I do agree that "Defeat all enemies" is very lame and I also very much agree that the story of 6 makes zero sense.

Backtracking is actually awesome. Just running forward is very, very bland and annoying. I LOVE RE1's way of gameplay. You didn't open all the rooms, and when you come back to do the things you didn't do there are new monsters waiting for you. Which is pretty awesome. I like the freedom of being able to go back and pick up things that I couldn't before etc.

Last edited by Shrike on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:42 pm

I actually enjoy the freedom to backtrack. It gives you the opportunity to explore more. It is especially fun when things are different when you backtrack, like more monsters coming through or new jump scares. Of course there are some scenarios where you do not want to backtrack for obvious reasons (Leon running into the castle in RE4 for example).

In more recent games there is virtually no backtracking and you are forced to keep moving. You do not ever feel confused because there is a path laid out and you are not meant to get off of it in any way. The only part in re6 I felt confused was in Leon's scenario looking for the 3 keys with those meat shack monsters chasing me.

Where is the survival if all choices are already made for you. Then again I guess I am beating a dead horse about the survival horror aspect atm. :p
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I actually enjoy the freedom to backtrack. It gives you the opportunity to explore more. It is especially fun when things are different when you backtrack, like more monsters coming through or new jump scares. Of course there are some scenarios where you do not want to backtrack for obvious reasons (Leon running into the castle in RE4 for example).

In more recent games there is virtually no backtracking and you are forced to keep moving. You do not ever feel confused because there is a path laid out and you are not meant to get off of it in any way. The only part in re6 I felt confused was in Leon's scenario looking for the 3 keys with those meat shack monsters chasing me.

Where is the survival if all choices are already made for you. Then again I guess I am beating a dead horse about the survival horror aspect atm. :p
As I said above in the edit, backtracking is a must for a good survival horror game, and I love it. Just running forward is indeed lame. And I am not sure if you are beating a dead horse about the SH aspect. As seen in Revelations, if can be back at least partially. I liked it, and it had a lot of good backtracking.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Oh yes, sorry I did not see your edit somehow lol. I loved the backtracking in 1 like you said! Especially with the addition of crimson heads when you first discover them. "Man do I really want to go this way, I know I dropped atleast 2 zombies in there my first time around, but this is the fastest route... *opens door and hears running* *exits through same door instantly* "Nope."
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Haha, yeah that! I remember being very annoyed when first playing 5 that I couldn't go back and read some files or pick up some item whatever. Going back is what all good RE's had. Not only did it have practical purposes, but logical and tactical as well. For example, as you said, there are two Crimson's in one room, but you could always take the longer route and not waste health/ammo. Or let's say you leave enemies behind by running past them and you're like: Whoa, I made it! and then you realize you have to go back. Good troll by the game. Also, when I said logical I thought of using Wrench in RE3, for example, you had to remember where you could have used it before etc. Or using crank differently now that you have a Battery in RE1. If you left the Cerberus' alive, it further complicates the said situation. Which is awesome. Etc.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Yes! Choices. Adding in choices such as backtracking back into the games would add so much to the game. You feel so much more accomplished when you solve something yourself.

Oh and bring back multiple outcomes! Re1 and the Outbreak series really implemented these well.

(And lol that happened to me with the Cerberus')
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:05 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Yes! Choices. Adding in choices such as backtracking back into the games would add so much to the game. You feel so much more accomplished when you solve something yourself.

Oh and bring back multiple outcomes! Re1 and the Outbreak series really implemented these well.

(And lol that happened to me with the Cerberus')

Haha, I always run past them when playing Arrange.

Also, choices what you will say. Jesus, did it really happened only in RE1? Like, do you want Barry to go with you, or will you have Rebecca lap dance you etc. I can't believe that they implemented moronic bullshit such as skills (is this DnD?), but they leave that out. I am cool with multiple outcomes as well. Some character may survive or die or you may uncover this or that or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Man you sound like RE1 was perfect. I'll admit, as much as I liked 1, it wasn't perfect. Same goes for the rest of the series. Backtracking should be an option, but it shouldn't be forced. After playing RE1 and 2 so many times, I've realized that you pickup all these items just to get 2-4 items that allow you to leave. It's pretty clever, but as I said before, I feel that it was cheap way to make the game longer just like RE6's "Kill all enemies" or "Hold out for X".
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:38 am

The difference in the three is that backtracking can actually add to the story or plotline. For ex in Revelations, you come across a certain somebody who is deceased. Later you have to "backtrack" to the same area and.. well you get where I am going and how this adds to the suspense and can be additional plot material. Hold out for X can be good if it is done correctly, although I am getting tired of these slow elevators. Kill all enemies just proves that these games are going too far into action material. Especially when you look at the number of these things we have to kill as of late.

As for RE1 if you could just go straight through the mansion, well that would not have been a game at all.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:26 am

Ssplain wrote:

As for RE1 if you could just go straight through the mansion, well that would not have been a game at all.
Heh. There's a YouTube video for that. It's called "How to beat RE1 in six minutes" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:38 am

Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Can't tell if sarcastic or not, but you will anyway. Trust me. Now go and finish those original REs. Get chased by Nemesis a bit.

Edit: Shit, didn't elaborate. Definitely don't agree with no backtracking thing. 
That wasn't sarcasm. I'd add a Rolling Eyes if I was. Maybe I wouldn't. Who knows. Keep asking that. 

I was chased by him for a bit, decided not to fight him, he bursted out a window I ran around for a bit and I barely made it out alive. Forgot why I quit honestly. 

Agree though, I did enjoy backtracking. Especially in RE0, it was really prevalent in that game.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:37 am

Nobudy wrote:
Man you sound like RE1 was perfect. I'll admit, as much as I liked 1, it wasn't perfect. Same goes for the rest of the series. Backtracking should be an option, but it shouldn't be forced. After playing RE1 and 2 so many times, I've realized that you pickup all these items just to get 2-4 items that allow you to leave. It's pretty clever, but as I said before, I feel that it was cheap way to make the game longer just like RE6's "Kill all enemies" or "Hold out for X".

RE1/Remake is my favorite RE title, so yeah, it's pretty much perfect for me. It had everything I want out of a RE game. Sure, now when you look at RE1 it could have been done better on many fields, but Remake repaired most of it. I would have liked it to be a bit longer like the new games though. Not RE6 long, but long.
Backtracking isn't a cheap way to make the game longer, it's very clever way to make it longer. It actually requires a lot of thought to make it balanced and interesting when you go back the way you came because there were some doors left unopened and some items unused as opposed to just running strait and be like: "whatever, we'll just make a new random room which will do everything we need." which is a by far a worse approach. Even in RE4 you had backtracking and it was effective.

Ssplain wrote:
The difference in the three is that backtracking can actually add to the story or plotline. For ex in Revelations, you come across a certain somebody who is deceased. Later you have to "backtrack" to the same area and.. well you get where I am going and how this adds to the suspense and can be additional plot material. Hold out for X can be good if it is done correctly, although I am getting tired of these slow elevators. Kill all enemies just proves that these games are going too far into action material. Especially when you look at the number of these things we have to kill as of late.

Absolutely.

Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

Heh. There's a YouTube video for that. It's called "How to beat RE1 in six minutes" or something like that.

Just watched it. It just shows you how clever the game is made, and just makes the game more awesome.

Vandal wrote:
That wasn't sarcasm. I'd add a Rolling Eyes if I was. Maybe I wouldn't. Who knows. Keep asking that. 

I was chased by him for a bit, decided not to fight him, he bursted out a window I ran around for a bit and I barely made it out alive. Forgot why I quit honestly. 

Agree though, I did enjoy backtracking. Especially in RE0, it was really prevalent in that game.

Zero was awesome except the no-itembox mechanic which made gameplay more of a pain in the ass than harder. I had to hoard items in one room like a fucking squirrel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Complaints Thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next