Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Praise Thread

Go down 
+10
Progenitor
The mastAH!
Mass Distraction
RaviorStygian
chocotricks
will1234562
chrisredfielmusculo
chrisredfield84
Vandal
MSR
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Resident Evil Praise Thread Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:37 am

Okay, so all of the hate and character bashing we like to do so much can stay in the Resident Evil Complaints Thread, here you show your love for what Capcom has and is doing. Razz

I really liked the concept behind RE5. Chris Redfield, in Africa, the intense heat, the enemies, especially in the early trailers, looked really intense and aggressive. Chris had a cool new cool look, with the facial hair, the messy hairstlye, and the muscles, obviously different than his original average physique.

Even the later stuff, like obviously he was there on a hunch that Jill might still be alive, based on some intel he got, the data file showing a picture that resembled her. He was also there to stop Ricardo Irving, a business man dealing in Bio-weapons, on the Black Market.

Then there's this whole terrorist group, including Albert Wesker, Excella Gionne, Ricard Irving, and a mystious character disguised with a bird mas and a cloak(Who is later revealed to be Jill Valentine, under Wesker's control). Just all of that is a great plot, and I love it.

Wesker: Running the show there, Excella: She had the connections and funding with Tricell, Irving: The Black Market BOW dealer/businessman, with standards, also responsible for the funding, Jill Valentine: In disguise, a rather cool disguise I might add, and is able to help out to keep the plan going smoothly, i.e. saving Irving, guarding Excella, spreading the Plaga to the civillians in the village(as seen at the beginning).

I wish we could've seen more of them all together, more interaction among them. There were only like 2 scenes with Irving and Bird Mask Jill, when they were in the car watching Chris & Sheva on a Live Feed, and when she saves him from Chris and Sheva. Then you could count that flashback when she hands Irving the Control Plaga to inject himself with, if he couldn't stop Chris.

Then you only see Jill with Excella when she walks in on Gionne and Wesker, informing them of the BSAA's arrival, in addition to seeing Excella and Jill when they revealed Uroboros(and that boss fight) to Chris & Sheva. You also see Wesker and Jill during the boss fight later, and Wesker and Excella walking onto the ship but still.

I would've liked something more like how we got to see the terrorists like Hans Gruber in Die Hard.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 am

I've played Resident Evil 4 over 30 times, I don't ever give a single player campaign that many playthroughs.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:31 am

Choreography in action scenes.

Be it Leon vs krauser in RE 4 or Chris vs Wesker(RE 5) and the latest chris vs leon(RE 6). Jus brilliant choreography. I would even say action scenes in Devil May Cry 4 take a back seat compared to mentioned action cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:55 am

Mercy wrote:
I've played Resident Evil 4 over 30 times, I don't ever give a single player campaign that many playthroughs.

i know what you are talking about,the game has tons of replay value

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Choreography in action scenes.

Be it Leon vs krauser in RE 4 or Chris vs Wesker(RE 5) and the latest chris vs leon(RE 6). Jus brilliant choreography. I would even say action scenes in Devil May Cry 4 take a back seat compared to mentioned action cutscenes.

this,i fuckyng loved those fights,they were really fun
the knife fight with krauser and the first part of the battle with wesker
are extremely enjoyable for me
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:02 am

Mercy wrote:
That many?I lost interest after beating it on professional.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Spike thats the 2nd Die Hard comment I seen from you today, Resident Evil Die Hard? Featuring Bruce Willis? lol, anyway.

Well I'v beaten REmake 5 times......which is the most iv beaten any game...30 times mercy dear lord, lol.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
That many?I lost interest after beating it on professional.
I beat it 15 times on GameCube, another 15 or 16 times on the Wii, I bought it on Xbox live arcade and finished it 7 times. I think Professional isn't that different from normal difficulty.

The really does have a lot of replay value.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:51 pm

RE4 is one of the most polished games in existence. EVERY playthough I learn something new. There is just so much that they put into the game that it's mind boggling. So much care and effort was present with the team.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Apparently I have to beat RE4 again
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 6:33 am

chocotricks wrote:
Spike thats the 2nd Die Hard comment I seen from you today, Resident Evil Die Hard? Featuring Bruce Willis? lol, anyway.
Kinda happening. Project X Zone has lots of enemies from RE and features Jill and Chris as a team. Then there's a playable character called Bruno Delinger, from Die Hard Arcade, who is based on John McClane.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:00 am

That better be localized!
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 2:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
chocotricks wrote:
Kinda happening. Project X Zone has lots of enemies from RE and features Jill and Chris as a team. Then there's a playable character called Bruno Delinger, from Die Hard Arcade, who is based on John McClane.

How come I've never heard of this? And it's already out?! It has Chris and Jill!

I know the next 3DS game I'm going to get! Yippee Caye Mother F*cker!

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:11 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
chocotricks wrote:

How come I've never heard of this? And it's already out?! It has Chris and Jill!

I know the next 3DS game I'm going to get! Yippee Caye Mother F*cker!

It's out in Japan, I think. Still no word on when it's getting released anywhere else.

I have no idea how you have never heard of this, there's a whole thread for it and I've mentioned it multiple times in my news pieces.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
The mastAH!
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
The mastAH!

Steam : Ryokyon!

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:36 am

I know it's quite general, but you have to praise Resident Evil for the characters. Yes every game will have good characters, but Resident Evil characters have families, friends and seem to almost be linked together in this hellish nightmare. Take CV as the best example I say.

Claire contacts Leon
Leon contacts Crhis
Chris goes to save Claire

If you took Leon and Claire's friendship out of the picture, then you would have a Redfield and Burnside death.

I swear behind the scenes they all know each other, either by what they've done or by a random meeting.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

I have no idea how you have never heard of this, there's a whole thread for it and I've mentioned it multiple times in my news pieces.
I was just going to write that Razz .
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:13 pm

The mastAH! wrote:
I know it's quite general, but you have to praise Resident Evil for the characters. Yes every game will have good characters, but Resident Evil characters have families, friends and seem to almost be linked together in this hellish nightmare. Take CV as the best example I say.

Claire contacts Leon
Leon contacts Crhis
Chris goes to save Claire

If you took Leon and Claire's friendship out of the picture, then you would have a Redfield and Burnside death.

I swear behind the scenes they all know each other, either by what they've done or by a random meeting.

The situation makes the man.

RE does have really great and fun characters. I especially like the main ones, Chris, Jill, Leon and Claire. Obviously a lot of other people do to, which is why they are still around

I would like if they connected more of the characters too, on or off screen. Like Kevin from Outbreak, he tried out for STARS twice. Surely him and Chris had a few shots up at J's bar. Smile

@Mass, I think seeing “Project X” probably initially turned me away, as I didnt realize it was RE related. But now that I know Chris n Jill are in it, I intend to get that game ASAP. But it's not out in the US yet?

Oh, and I'm not even a fan of turn based RPGs...
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 10:57 pm

I initially fell in love with this horror story of mere people holding back the monsters of the night...with guns Smile

But this story of survival in a mansion in the woods has turned into an epic these police officers just stumbled into.

The Resident Evil story TRULY begins in the legends of a flower in the heart of Africa told over the past thousand years and ends with the perversion and near destruction of all life on Earth by those twisted by madness and greed in the pursuit of power! Stopped time and again only by the few survivors of grit and agents of hope in this world, tied by a fate neither sides truly understand.

*swoon*
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 2:20 am

Progenitor, you have a real way with words, and now you and your tongue of poetry make me want, even more ATM, to get around to that project I've been wanting to make...

RE's story is just awesomesauce. I know that overall I find RE4's story mode sweeter than RE5's, but RE5 has things that make it so damn good, like the stuff regarding Progenitor, Marcus, Spencer and all that early stuff.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:52 pm

whats great about RE is how it is all thought out especially the older the games for example in RE CV their is a part where you reach a tiger like RE1 and you must take jewels from it but you can only take 1 at a time so you haft to find a key to get back to where the power switch is so you can turn it off then you take both jewels. Just little things that make it so great imo.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:46 pm

I like how you can actually see Lisa coming into the cabin in REmake if you just look through the window in the little bedroom. Nice touch that I only noticed just recently.
Back to top Go down
Sakura the zombie slayer
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sakura the zombie slayer

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:30 am

I would have to say RE4, from the village to the church, to the castle then to the island. I loved the design of the places, especially the castle.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:54 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
I like how you can actually see Lisa coming into the cabin in REmake if you just look through the window in the little bedroom. Nice touch that I only noticed just recently.
I was on my first playthrough when I saw Lisa and truth be told I really didn't want to go in the cabin after that Laughing .

Sakura the zombie slayer wrote:
I loved the design of the places, especially the castle.
Honestly,I was disappointed with the design of the castle - the lack of furniture made me feel like I was in a dungeon for most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Happy 15th birthday Resident Evil 2! You kept me up at night from fear as a boy and now from addiction as a survivor. You still da best girl Wink
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:

Until you mentioned that, I never noticed it was a window...I always thought it was like some railing up by her bed, to keep people from falling. Embarassed

Sakura the zombie slayer wrote:
I would have to say RE4, from the village to the church, to the castle then to the island. I loved the design of the places, especially the castle.

The village and the castle(dungeon) were awesome. I didn't care for the island too much. Especially because of all those stun-rod bitches.

Will1234562 wrote:
Honestly,I was disappointed with the design of the castle - the lack of furniture made me feel like I was in a dungeon for most of the time.

I actually like it looking more like a dungeon than a Trevor style mansion. We've seen that sort of mansion design plenty of times, RE1, REmake, LIN, CVX, DA, and maybe even RER a little.
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
\

I actually like it looking more like a dungeon than a Trevor style mansion. We've seen that sort of mansion design plenty of times, RE1, REmake, LIN, CVX, DA, and maybe even RER a little.

A little?! The ship(s?) was made from Trevor's blueprints found from before his death!

I'm not really getting onto you, I just noticed that tidbit of information today and saw a chance to use it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Praise Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next