HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Complaints Thread

Go down 
+22
PWNERX
Sargent D
SWITCHMYND
Shrike
Limey
Ghost Leader
White Rock
Nobudy
Mcghie
RebelliousQueen
r-zone
AWDCP
Outbreakgirl
JamTyrantH
Lightning Count
Vandal
Teh Black Cat
37 Narwhals
will1234562
Industrial Ridden
Mass Distraction
MSR
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:44 am

I liked backtracking in RE and Metroid... Somehow it felt more like exploring instead of just following one path, and it made it seem more like an actual area, instead of just a road.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:06 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
People want backtracking back? Jesus Christ no! It's the most artificial way to elongate a game if I've ever seen any. I'm okay with it if it's optional but it sucks balls when it's forced. If optional, it makes the game feel more free. If forced, it's just a lazy way to make the game longer when that time running around being lost could have been filled with actual plot development and whatnot. It's excusable in the old games because they are, well, old. In today's standards being forced to backtrack would break the game's flow, even if some random enemies had spawned there.

You have to backtrack in Revelations to fight Rachael. Backtracking to where you know she is added so much to the intensity of that fight. I loved that part and I believe it was done properly. I feel like the new games are very linear with the new checkpoint system. Just go from point A to point B and then point B to point C. As long as you get to the next checkpoint you are a winner.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:12 am

I wasn't saying I want a linear game either. I would much prefer to just have a game with explorable environments instead of the god awful backtracking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:42 am

Ssplain wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
People want backtracking back? Jesus Christ no! It's the most artificial way to elongate a game if I've ever seen any. I'm okay with it if it's optional but it sucks balls when it's forced. If optional, it makes the game feel more free. If forced, it's just a lazy way to make the game longer when that time running around being lost could have been filled with actual plot development and whatnot. It's excusable in the old games because they are, well, old. In today's standards being forced to backtrack would break the game's flow, even if some random enemies had spawned there.

You have to backtrack in Revelations to fight Rachael. Backtracking to where you know she is added so much to the intensity of that fight. I loved that part and I believe it was done properly. I feel like the new games are very linear with the new checkpoint system. Just go from point A to point B and then point B to point C. As long as you get to the next checkpoint you are a winner.
Agreed.I like the fact that in RER you can go back to a certain part of the ship(for most of the time),after the chapter has ended,unlike RE5.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Did anyone notice that in RE Survivor only zombies can attack you from behind?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

And it was damn good that you ha to backtrack during that fight. Imagine if you fought Rachel in a new environment. It was good that you had some familiarity with the hallways or else you would have been proper fuck.
Back to top Go down
treecko1111
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
treecko1111

Steam : treecko1111

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Re2's lickers. I can't count how many times that I've tried to get a low saves playthrough done(in order to get HUNK), and I die from the first licker in the game.
But, in Re5, when they appear(Licker Beta), all that you have to do is run past them, which is very easy.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:39 pm

treecko1111 wrote:
Re2's lickers. I can't count how many times that I've tried to get a low saves playthrough done(in order to get HUNK), and I die from the first licker in the game.
But, in Re5, when they appear(Licker Beta), all that you have to do is run past them, which is very easy.
Please tell me this was your first playthrough of RE2?
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Nobudy wrote:
treecko1111 wrote:

You win some you lose some.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
treecko1111 wrote:

Yea but the first Licker room in 2 during the A scenarios is always dodge-able if you run to its right instead of left. It'll foolishly stick its tongue out rather than swipe at you.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:47 am

Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
treecko1111 wrote:

Yea but the first Licker room in 2 during the A scenarios is always dodge-able if you run to its right instead of left. It'll foolishly stick its tongue out rather than swipe at you.
They don't take that many handgun bullets either, assuming he's doing what I usually do and make Brad appear in which case that's the only weapon (aside from the knife) you have. I'm not sure of the harder difficulties, though, I've only played the game on Normal.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
treecko1111 wrote:

They don't take that many handgun bullets either, assuming he's doing what I usually do and make Brad appear in which case that's the only weapon (aside from the knife) you have. I'm not sure of the harder difficulties, though, I've only played the game on Normal.
Really? I never bothered using the handgun on it since I thought it'd take too may shots before getting killed.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:37 am

It's okay to kill a Licker with a handgun, although there isn't much point to it since you will definitely lose health (he will hit you at least twice), so if you don't have a shotgun/grenade launcher/crossbow, better just run past it. It could be risky if you are clumsy, but you just need to keep in mind that Lickers are blind, so you can walk most of the time, and if you get too close, just start running and exit the room. Faster and cheaper with health if you are only with a handgun. If you are playing Hard, it definitely doesn't bode well for you to kill a Licker with a handgun (even though there is a chance for a one-hit-kill, and no, it isn't a headshot which makes its head explode, but it will still kill the creature with one bullet if you are extremely lucky).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:50 am

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
treecko1111 wrote:

Really? I never bothered using the handgun on it since I thought it'd take too may shots before getting killed.
Nah, you'll only get swiped like once (the leg swipe, not the lunge) if that.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 1:49 pm

Shrike wrote:
It's okay to kill a Licker with a handgun, although there isn't much point to it since you will definitely lose health (he will hit you at least twice), so if you don't have a shotgun/grenade launcher/crossbow, better just run past it. It could be risky if you are clumsy, but you just need to keep in mind that Lickers are blind, so you can walk most of the time, and if you get too close, just start running and exit the room. Faster and cheaper with health if you are only with a handgun. If you are playing Hard, it definitely doesn't bode well for you to kill a Licker with a handgun (even though there is a chance for a one-hit-kill, and no, it isn't a headshot which makes its head explode, but it will still kill the creature with one bullet if you are extremely lucky).
I never liked the Bowgun. I seldom used it. Doesn't it really kill lickers as good a a GL or SG?

@Mass: That's not too bad (On normal anyway)
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 6:22 pm

It doesn't. It can take 2-3 SH shots to kill a Licker, but it will definitely take 3 BG shots or even 4. Bowgun is basically shit except for some rare cases where it's seldom used accordingly (for example the weapon is considered soundless, so you can nail a Cerberus with it and other dogs won't charge at you but just walk around like nothing happened). Sadly, you are forced to use it as much as possible on Hard (if playing Claire A, it's really tough in some parts because it won't kill a zombie without 3-4 shots, as opposed to the regular 1, or 2 in the worst case, and on the other side you have Leon easy mode, just aim your SG upwards and 1 shot a bunch of them). As for GL, it's a whole different story. It's the best weapon out of these mentioned by far. Acid Rounds 1-shot them, and Grenade Rounds take 2 shots, but you can hit more then one target with them.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:06 pm

Shrike wrote:
As for GL, it's a whole different story. It's the best weapon out of these mentioned by far.
I know I'm the best weapon, but by all means keep praising me. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Shrike wrote:
It doesn't. It can take 2-3 SH shots to kill a Licker, but it will definitely take 3 BG shots or even 4. Bowgun is basically shit except for some rare cases where it's seldom used accordingly (for example the weapon is considered soundless, so you can nail a Cerberus with it and other dogs won't charge at you but just walk around like nothing happened). Sadly, you are forced to use it as much as possible on Hard (if playing Claire A, it's really tough in some parts because it won't kill a zombie without 3-4 shots, as opposed to the regular 1, or 2 in the worst case, and on the other side you have Leon easy mode, just aim your SG upwards and 1 shot a bunch of them). As for GL, it's a whole different story. It's the best weapon out of these mentioned by far. Acid Rounds 1-shot them, and Grenade Rounds take 2 shots, but you can hit more then one target with them.
Thanks for the tip. Next time I'm doing Claire A, I'm packing some bolts and rounds.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:07 am

@GL - Haha, it didn't even occur to me Razz

@Nobudy - Just be careful with the rounds on Hard. You get 4 not 6 as usually (but I guess you know that). Claire B has plenty, but Claire A can be quite a challenge if you don't conserve ammo. William's last (4 legged) mutation on A scenario will drink up a LOT of your rounds. I made a walkthrough and if I remember I posted it. Hard diff with Claire A and Leon B. I noobed it up a few times because I forgot some things, but generally it was a good run. Didn't die anywhere nor did I use First Aid, of course. Saved once, I think, to check if FRAPS was filming it properly (because I never used it before then). If you need it, it's somewhere around the videos section. If you are needing some tips, best look there.

Edit: Found it, you commented on it, I forgot. http://www.residentevilforums.net/t4805-walkthrough-of-re2-hard-mode
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Complaints Thread   Resident Evil Complaints Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Complaints Thread
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6