HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why does GL hate the newer games?

Go down 
+16
Spike991
Bub537
TeRoR KiD
tyrantT-002
RaviorStygian
ace.redfield
BOBLATHON
ThomVD
Las_Fergus
AgentZero
Patronum1121
Ghost Leader
Deagle50
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
The Knife
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:46 am

ThomVD wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
The reason I don't like the newer games is because they stray way too far from the Resident Evil formula. I loved Resident Evil 4. It was the perfect combination of the new RE style of game-play with some elements of horror. But Resident Evil 5 just reused that same formula but it lacked any sense of horror entirely. I'm not one of those elitists that refuse to play them but I definitely feel like the series as a whole needs a huge overhaul.

I don't get it. You don't like the new games but you love RE4. RE4 is also one of the new games.

Let me clarify, I prefer the older RE games to the newer ones. I explained why I liked Resident Evil 4 in the first post. I'd also like to just throw this out there. Resident Evil 4 isn't exactly considered new you know it came out in like 2005. Sorry I confused you.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:55 am

Bub537 wrote:
Resident Evil 4 isn't exactly considered new you know it came out in like 2005.
It's not new in that sense but everything RE4 onwards is considered a "newer" RE title because of the changes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
It's not new in that sense but everything RE4 onwards is considered a "newer" RE title because of the changes.

Right, but what a lot of people forgot is that RE4 definitely had it's fair share of scary moments. Resident Evil 5 had none.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:27 am

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

Right, but what a lot of people forgot is that RE4 definitely had it's fair share of scary moments. Resident Evil 5 had none.
I know it did. I was scared at various point throughout RE4. Still, I don't think RE is all about the horror. It's about the story, the characters and bio-organic weapons. As many here have neatly summed up, the characters already know what they're fighting against. Now you only have to try and survive the evil. I'm okay with it being survival-action now.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

I know it did. I was scared at various point throughout RE4. Still, I don't think RE is all about the horror. It's about the story, the characters and bio-organic weapons. As many here have neatly summed up, the characters already know what they're fighting against. Now you only have to try and survive the evil. I'm okay with it being survival-action now.

The story has always been RE's strongest point without a doubt. It's just fear was synonymous with the early RE games and people like myself tend to miss that feature in an RE game. Like with RE5 there was no attempt whatsoever to scare players (unless you count that ONE Majini hiding behind those boxes).
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:38 am

I wasn't scared a single moment in RE4.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:39 am

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

The story has always been RE's strongest point without a doubt. It's just fear was synonymous with the early RE games and people like myself tend to miss that feature in an RE game. Like with RE5 there was no attempt whatsoever to scare players (unless you count that ONE Majini hiding behind those boxes).
I didn't even see any attempts at scaring the player in RE5. I just don't care if they're scary or not anymore, I'm so in love with the franchise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:35 pm

RE is not about horror. It never was. And RE4 had like...one or two scary moments. No...Just one. Regenerators. If you want horror, go play Silent Hill or Eternal Darkness.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:36 pm

Don't forget Amnesia. Eternal Darkness is very underrated.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:39 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Don't forget Amnesia. Eternal Darkness is very underrated.

I almost put Amnesia, but I forgot the Amnesia part of the name and didn't feel like looking dumb. Razz And yes, Eternal Darkness is TOO underrated. It's sad. It's in my top 10 favorite games of all time for sure.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:41 pm

It was a really unique game. I was so scared when the game said my memorycard was corrupt.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Ha! How about the time when it opened your menu and started deleting your card? That was an oh shit moment for sure. I really thought I misclicked.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm

The game was messing with my head the first playthrough. I didn't know anything about the game yet.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:51 pm

It's just a classic. So great.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Definitely. I think that every gamer should play it. It's one of a kind.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:15 pm

ThomVD wrote:

Reeeeealy? Not even when you heard the shrill, ear destroying voice of Ashley? Not even when Oven Man trolled everyone on their first playthrough? Not even when that Novistador burned off half your face? (Assuming it did.)
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:17 pm

No not a single moment. Oven man failed.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:32 pm

I can't remember exactly, but I feel as if I was expecting someone to pop out of that oven. Can't remember if it scared me or not.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:11 pm

To be honest the castle part kinda creeped me out with the monks and their chanting lol. The garrador was always someone I found pretty disturbing too. But the Regenerators/Iron Maidens were easily the scariest.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:28 am

Bub537 wrote:
The garrador was always someone I found pretty disturbing too.
That blind bastard gives me the creeps.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 5:50 pm

ThomVD wrote:

Why does that sound like bullshit?

and nobody ever wants to prove it. granted it wouldnt be your first run, so there wouldnt be too many suprises, but theres still scary stuff.

its so bullshit how the great horror parts of re4 are completely ignored, or are looked at as if they're nothing...how stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:40 pm

To be honest, RE4 had it's moments when it was creepy and scary. Call me insane, but I thought RE4 had creepier moments in it than most of the older RE games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Sargent D wrote:
To be honest, RE4 had it's moments when it was creepy and scary. Call me insane, but I thought RE4 had creepier moments in it than most of the older RE games.
re4 definately had horror moments that were on par with some of the memorable spots in some of the older games in the series.

to say re4 didnt scare you at all, and to say at the same time how the 'classics' or whatever the hell people wanna call 're1, 2 and 3', scarred the shit out of them. its completely ridiculous.

i mean that is completey ignorant and biased, and probably not true in the least. exageration and false.

even if theres something i dislike(dc douglas as wesker), i still look at the whole thing objectively and fairly.

i make sure you know i hate douglas wesker(post-re4), but i made sure to look at every aspect of the character and the voice and everything else.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 am

We've had this discussion before. It's my opinion. My experience with the game. If you don't believe me, so be it.

I frikin' love RE4.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:42 am

Gwah why did you guys bring this thread back to the surface?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why does GL hate the newer games?
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next