HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why does GL hate the newer games?

Go down 
+16
Spike991
Bub537
TeRoR KiD
tyrantT-002
RaviorStygian
ace.redfield
BOBLATHON
ThomVD
Las_Fergus
AgentZero
Patronum1121
Ghost Leader
Deagle50
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
The Knife
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:00 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
And as for comparing older Resident Evil games with playing RE5 in Pro mode ... your point is?
My point was that it makes the game harder, as kris said they were too easy. He did not say he referred to the puzzle part in the earlier post. My point being, I did NOT compare the older games to RE5 Pro mode NOR did I say it made the games better.

Technically you're right, you weren't directly comparing them. But this whole thread is based on comparing the older with the newer, so you've indirectly compared them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frequencymusic.wordpress.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:05 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
And as for comparing older Resident Evil games with playing RE5 in Pro mode ... your point is?
My point was that it makes the game harder, as kris said they were too easy. He did not say he referred to the puzzle part in the earlier post. My point being, I did NOT compare the older games to RE5 Pro mode NOR did I say it made the games better.

Technically you're right, you weren't directly comparing them. But this whole thread is based on comparing the older with the newer, so you've indirectly compared them.
No, I have not. I have stated earlier, in this and many other threads, that I love every RE game ever made (except Missions).

Besides, this thread is not based on comparing the games. The Knife asked us why do we think some people hate the newer titles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:

No, I have not. I have stated earlier, in this and many other threads, that I love every RE game ever made (except Missions).

Besides, this thread is not based on comparing the games. The Knife asked us why do we think some people hate the newer titles.

Yeah, obviously, but if someone asks for opinions on something like that, it is inevitable that comparisons will be made between the games, as reasons for why people prefer the older ones.

And the fact that fans of the older games are being burned for having nostalgia (don't deny that they're not, that would just be insulting everyone's intelligence) should be totally unacceptable.

Ghost was quite right to be offended by such an immature, small-minded statement.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:42 am

I never mentioned GL. He can have his opinions and I'm not one to stand against them.

For one, I wasn't making comparisons. I'm just being unbiased about the games, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:47 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I never mentioned GL. He can have his opinions and I'm not one to stand against them.

For one, I wasn't making comparisons. I'm just being unbiased about the games, that's all.

Right okay, i'll just leave it at that then. I don't want to be the cause of an argument after only being on here for like a week lol. I just get very defensive when some people have biased opinions (not you).

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Las_Fergus wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Right okay, i'll just leave it at that then. I don't want to be the cause of an argument after only being on here for like a week lol. I just get very defensive when some people have biased opinions (not you).

Nah, I don't usually argue, I just like to stand my point. I too don't like when people get all biased about something but I try not to interfere unless they are completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:54 pm

I, on the other hand, LOVE to argue. So here I go, Mass did not compare the older games to the newer games directly or indirectly. He simply stated that RE5 was hard on Pro mode. That's what it came down to. If he were to compare, he would measure that difficulty against the difficulty of one of the older games. He did not. But it doesn't matter at all even if he did compare them. Why jump on him for it? Makes no sense.

For the record, I agree with GL in everything he has said. And he most certainly is not a "tard" in any sense of the word. He has opinions and unlike many humans, he can and will actively support those opinions in an effective manner.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:28 am

I agree with Ghost Leader

The newer RE games were good games, but not good RE games. I miss the exploration, puzzles, scary atmosphere and scarce supplies of the old games. I know that change isn't a bad thing, but to change the whole genre is a bit to much IMO. I don't think a game where you shoot at everything that moves can be called a survival-horror game. And in RE 4 they could have tried a little harder to make better story that has something to do with RE. So I really enjoyed the newer games, but they're not the kind of Resident Evil I fell in love with when I played the first game. I still don't understand why Code Veronica isn't called RE4, because that game deserved the title more than the current RE4. Maybe because it was originally a dreamcast exclusive. And I don't hate RE 4 or 5 fans at all, as long as they don't bash the classics.

Last edited by ThomVD on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:41 am

ThomVD wrote:
I don't think a game where you shoot at everything that moves can't be called a survival-horror game.
They don't. They are filed as survival-action.

Also, as for why CV isn't called RE4, it's simple. CV was supposed to be the actual RE3 and Nemesis was supposed to be a side-story. Why RE3 became the actual sequel to RE2 is because the original CV for the Dreamcast wasn't developed by Capcom (it was Nextech Corporation) and so the number from the title was dropped. Still, Shinji Mikami himself has stated that he feels that CV is the true sequel, rather than RE3.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:21 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Also, as for why CV isn't called RE4, it's simple. CV was supposed to be the actual RE3 and Nemesis was supposed to be a side-story. Why RE3 became the actual sequel to RE2 is because the original CV for the Dreamcast wasn't developed by Capcom (it was Nextech Corporation) and so the number from the title was dropped. Still, Shinji Mikami himself has stated that he feels that CV is the true sequel, rather than RE3.

Never knew that CV wasn't developed by Capcom. Nextech did a good job then.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:54 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Never knew that CV wasn't developed by Capcom. Nextech did a good job then.
I'm not sure about the subsequent release, CVX, but the original wasn't. Capcom Production Studio 4 still had a part in the development but was only in charge of the game's artistic direction.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:12 am

Fantard, checking in.

The old games were the pinnacle of survival horror. Very dark, ominous, claustrophobic environments. Not enough ammo for every enemy in the game. Puzzles galore, blood and gore, they had everything.

RE4 had you running from a giant statue of a midget...and Leon "The S stands for Scott" Kennedy, now complete with emo hair and chock full of dumbassery.

RE5 they said: "Here are some guns and ample amounts of ammo. Have fun shooting shit in the face." 5 gets it easy from me because it has Chris, Jill, and Wesker.

.... Hey, if Leon fanboys don't have to make sense, neither do I.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:31 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I don't think a game where you shoot at everything that moves can't be called a survival-horror game.

I meant: "I don't think a game where you shoot at everything that moves can be called a survival-horror game."
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
No, the term is action shooter. The fact that there's enough ammo in both RE4 and RE5 to supply a battalion of Marines in Afghanistan takes every bit of the survival aspect out of it. Just having baddies trying to kill you doesn't make it part of any "survival" genre because just about every other game out there has people or animals trying to kill you.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
No, the term is action shooter. The fact that there's enough ammo in both RE4 and RE5 to supply a battalion of Marines in Afghanistan takes every bit of the survival aspect out of it. Just having baddies trying to kill you doesn't make it part of any "survival" genre because just about every other game out there has people or animals trying to kill you.

GL got a point. There isn't more survival in RE4 or 5 then a game like Gears of War and GoW isn't called survival-action either. If RE4 didn't have 'Resident Evil' in the name, nobody would have called it a survival-horror/survival-action.

Also in terms of story RE4 wasn't really a RE game. If they exchanged Leon and Ada and removed the intro and the single time Umbrella was mentioned by Krauser, it would have nothing in common with other RE games. Don't get me wrong, I really loved RE4, but I just prefer the old games and I'm not blinded by nostalgia.

In terms of story RE5 was a RE game, that's why I prefer RE5 over 4.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

GL got a point. There isn't more survival in RE4 or 5 then a game like Gears of War and GoW isn't called survival-action either. If RE4 didn't have 'Resident Evil' in the name, nobody would have called it a survival-horror/survival-action.

Also in terms of story RE4 wasn't really a RE game. If they exchanged Leon and Ada and removed the intro and the single time Umbrella was mentioned by Krauser, it would have nothing in common with other RE games. Don't get me wrong, I really loved RE4, but I just prefer the old games and I'm not blinded by nostalgia.

That's kinda the way I feel about it. Who knows, by any other name, I may have LOVED RE4. Where the hell is Spike, he loves these conversations lol.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:47 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

That's kinda the way I feel about it. Who knows, by any other name, I may have LOVED RE4. Where the hell is Spike, he loves these conversations lol.

Maybe he's on vacation
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:22 am

they hate the game because there's so many changes to hate
i dislike re4 but i don't hate it (i hate the fanboys... and leon being a beauty king), RE4 should be the one with the title change not CV, but never remove 'resident evil in it', maybe resident evil code: las plagas lol!

and as for re5, i love it!! good game! even the item management, it's better, i don't know why others prefer the attaché case in 4, you can't even keep all the guns there, in fact i don't know how leon and ada would carry a case that big and with almost 10 guns inside...

and nite is right (as always) sheva's AI is not stupid, i was wrong, it's how you control the AI so if you think the AI is stupid then you're the stupid one. Sheva's AI may be slow but that's because she's more on 'cover' even in attack mode, chris's AI is more on 'attack'. One other thing about the AI is the herb it has and how it uses it, as what i've said you are the one who controls the AI, normally the AI would combine 2 green herbs and uses it when you don't really need to heal with 2 green herbs but only with 1. If you hate the AI for that then you are dumb, never give the AI a single green herb! give it a combined or a red. the AI is just trying to do it's job to help... lol.. i'm saying this because i love the AI!! lol!
i also love excella's role in the game, it got me curious about what happened to ada..

a real life situation that can be compared in RE is the gameplay in RE, ammo is not that easy to get, you gotta use melee weapons as much as possibe to survive
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:09 am

I know that I made that big argument the page before, but (and I should have done this before causing a fuss, sorry Sad ) I have thought about the overall story of Resident Evil, and the fact that it is now an action shooter makes sense.

Think about it ... In the first game, nobody had any idea that Umbrella was doing BOW research, and conducting experiments. The T-Virus then leaked, causing the Mansion incident, and obviously, having the unknown, and having zombies wandering around a creepy mansion, would be classed as survival horror, and would be very scary indeed.

Then skip forward to now ... Umbrella is bust, there are no experiments being conducted by the company anymore, however all of their research and samples have fallen into the hands of other criminals, allowing cases of BOW's being spread in areas around the world.

So basically, in the beginning, everything was unknown and eery, but now Umbrella is bust, and the whole story is now basically Chris (and the gang) are now trying to fight against biological warfare (the BSAA and other parties). So of course, it's going to be a storyline full of "there has been a leak of *insert virus/parasite here* in this country, we have to go and investigate, bring lots of firepower and we will get to the bottom of this."

Or am I delving too deep?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:19 am

ace.redfield wrote:
i dislike re4 but i don't hate it (i hate the fanboys... and leon being a beauty king), RE4 should be the one with the title change not CV, but never remove 'resident evil in it', maybe resident evil code: las plagas lol!

and as for re5, i love it!! good game! even the item management, it's better, i don't know why others prefer the attaché case in 4, you can't even keep all the guns there, in fact i don't know how leon and ada would carry a case that big and with almost 10 guns inside...

and nite is right (as always) sheva's AI is not stupid, i was wrong, it's how you control the AI so if you think the AI is stupid then you're the stupid one. Sheva's AI may be slow but that's because she's more on 'cover' even in attack mode, chris's AI is more on 'attack'. One other thing about the AI is the herb it has and how it uses it, as what i've said you are the one who controls the AI, normally the AI would combine 2 green herbs and uses it when you don't really need to heal with 2 green herbs but only with 1. If you hate the AI for that then you are dumb, never give the AI a single green herb! give it a combined or a red. the AI is just trying to do it's job to help... lol.. i'm saying this because i love the AI!! lol!
i also love excella's role in the game, it got me curious about what happened to ada..

a real life situation that can be compared in RE is the gameplay in RE, ammo is not that easy to get, you gotta use melee weapons as much as possibe to survive

Sheva is ok on normal, but it is a pain to play with the AI on pro. Especially the fight against Jill and Wesker (two on two)
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:35 am

ThomVD wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:

Sheva is ok on normal, but it is a pain to play with the AI on pro. Especially the fight against Jill and Wesker (two on two)
yeah, the pro had something in them, chris' AI was running waaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaay far and sheva's AI is 2 times slower... that fight on pro took me 30+ deaths, and i was really pissed of that i shoot jill just to make her stop moving... and it was also a pain in the head when some guy joined the game, i thought he could help but i figured he was a beginner and not knowing what to do, he just got me all fucked up!
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:48 am

ace.redfield wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:

yeah, the pro had something in them, chris' AI was running waaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaay far and sheva's AI is 2 times slower... that fight on pro took me 30+ deaths, and i was really pissed of that i shoot jill just to make her stop moving... and it was also a pain in the head when some guy joined the game, i thought he could help but i figured he was a beginner and not knowing what to do, he just got me all fucked up!

I know it's a shame when they're just a beginner and all that, but that pisses me off too, when some mofo thinks they can come along and ruin my levels! Razz
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:22 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:

I know it's a shame when they're just a beginner and all that, but that pisses me off too, when some mofo thinks they can come along and ruin my levels! Razz
i don't really get bothered with beginners but they know they are beginners and why the hell they're gonna join a game on pro..
but sometimes teaching them is kinda fun when you join their game.
i also hate it when you're coop partner treats you like a kid... and some just wanna make fun of killing you, one partner asked me to wait in one spot, and then BAM!! the big electric thing hits me in the head
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:27 am

ace.redfield wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
ace.redfield wrote:

i don't really get bothered with beginners but they know they are beginners and why the hell they're gonna join a game on pro..
but sometimes teaching them is kinda fun when you join their game.
i also hate it when you're coop partner treats you like a kid... and some just wanna make fun of killing you, one partner asked me to wait in one spot, and then BAM!! the big electric thing hits me in the head

Rofl ... I've grown accustomed to the pricks that inhabit the online gaming world Razz

And yes, I totally love going into a Beginner's game and kicking ass, just to know that they are going "oooo.......kayyyy.....I need to do some work" lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:55 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
I know that I made that big argument the page before, but (and I should have done this before causing a fuss, sorry Sad ) I have thought about the overall story of Resident Evil, and the fact that it is now an action shooter makes sense.

Think about it ... In the first game, nobody had any idea that Umbrella was doing BOW research, and conducting experiments. The T-Virus then leaked, causing the Mansion incident, and obviously, having the unknown, and having zombies wandering around a creepy mansion, would be classed as survival horror, and would be very scary indeed.

Then skip forward to now ... Umbrella is bust, there are no experiments being conducted by the company anymore, however all of their research and samples have fallen into the hands of other criminals, allowing cases of BOW's being spread in areas around the world.

So basically, in the beginning, everything was unknown and eery, but now Umbrella is bust, and the whole story is now basically Chris (and the gang) are now trying to fight against biological warfare (the BSAA and other parties). So of course, it's going to be a storyline full of "there has been a leak of *insert virus/parasite here* in this country, we have to go and investigate, bring lots of firepower and we will get to the bottom of this."

Or am I delving too deep?
I think you're pretty much spot on.

Just to stand up for the story of RE4 (I liked it), I tend to think of it as a prelude to RE5 with the plagas getting on black market and everything. Besides, it shed a little light to what Ada and Leon had been doing after we last saw them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why does GL hate the newer games?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next