Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why does GL hate the newer games?

Go down 
+16
Spike991
Bub537
TeRoR KiD
tyrantT-002
RaviorStygian
ace.redfield
BOBLATHON
ThomVD
Las_Fergus
AgentZero
Patronum1121
Ghost Leader
Deagle50
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
The Knife
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

Why does GL hate the newer games? Empty
PostSubject: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:05 am

The thing that really grinds my gears is: the classic fan(tard)-statement;

'We want real zombies, not some dumb bugs inside someone's head!'

That statement really, really pisses me off. I mean, a true fan of RE would try and salvage some good from the newer titles.

In fact, fan(tard)s actually are so blinded by nostalgia, they forget that the weapon-wielding, fast moving dudes/dudettes are what Umbrella wanted to create in the first place.

Everyone, why do you think they hate the newer titles?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:10 am

I really don't know. They seem to think RE is all about the fear, which isn't actually true at all. Then there's the other faction who thinks the older style games suck.

For me, the newest installment (RE5) was one of the best, although I still have to top it off with RE3 and Dead Aim. I really like every single RE game (spinoffs and all), with the exception of Missions.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:08 pm

I like them all. You should take this up with GhostLeader. He doesn't like RE4 and 5.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Nah. I was just asking in General. I mean, RE4 is my second favorite RE. First being 3: Grenade Launcher. Go figure.
Hell, if RE4 had a Grenade Launcher, that'd be my all-time favorite Game ever.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:21 pm

If the fan(tard)s think the game are supposed to be all about fear,1,they're wrong.2,a plagas or manjini would be alot scarier than a normal zombie beside the fact that zombies are 100% pain tolerant.But I have to agree,I liked the creepier titles (like 01,2,3,and a little bit of 4) better.It really feels like RE to me that way,but 5 was still a cool game because of storyline and action.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Thank god! I'm happy that there are some people that aren't blinded by nostalgia. You know what else sucks? The whole 'Old Games > New Games' has spread to Silent Hill as well.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:11 pm

The Knife wrote:
The thing that really grinds my gears is: the classic fan(tard)-statement;

'We want real zombies, not some dumb bugs inside someone's head!'

That statement really, really pisses me off. I mean, a true fan of RE would try and salvage some good from the newer titles.

In fact, fan(tard)s actually are so blinded by nostalgia, they forget that the weapon-wielding, fast moving dudes/dudettes are what Umbrella wanted to create in the first place.

Everyone, why do you think they hate the newer titles?
Firstly I'd like to ask who exactly you are to define what a "true fan" should and shouldn't do?

And secondly, your use of the word "fantard", a combination of "fan" and "retard", as a definition of anyone who prefers the traditional Resident Evil games over RE4 and RE5 insults me very deeply and gives me the difficult-to-resist urge to flame you back. I respectfully request you cease use of such an insulting word.

NiteKrawler wrote:
You should take this up with GhostLeader. He doesn't like RE4 and 5.
RE4 and 5 are great games in their own right, just terrible Resident Evil games.

The Knife wrote:
Thank god! I'm happy that there are some people that aren't blinded by nostalgia.
"Blinded by nostalgia"? Suspect I hate to burst your bubble, but the reason I hate what the franchise has become has nothing to do with nostalgia. It has to do with the fact that RE1/2/3/CVX all are better games than RE4 and 5 ever could be. But maybe the fact that I'm also a semi-hardcore horror movie fan makes me a little biased as I always looked at Resident Evil as a horror franchise, not an action shooter.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 5:23 am

The Knife wrote:
Thank god! I'm happy that there are some people that aren't blinded by nostalgia. You know what else sucks? The whole 'Old Games > New Games' has spread to Silent Hill as well.
I've seen that happening too. I really don't get it, the latest game was one of the best and I'm eagerly waiting for Downpour. Shattered Memories was also an interesting take.

@GL: I've always had the conception that RE has the emphasis on survival, thus making the transition from survival horror to survival action more bearable (to me, at least). Btw, Revelations seems to have the title of survival horror again.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 9:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Btw, Revelations seems to have the title of survival horror again.
Why does GL hate the newer games? Hillary-mask
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:09 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Btw, Revelations seems to have the title of survival horror again.
Why does GL hate the newer games? Hillary-mask
Whoa, that actually startled me Very Happy The pic first took a while to load and suddenly just popped in the screen.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:34 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Whoa, that actually startled me Very Happy The pic first took a while to load and suddenly just popped in the screen.
I don't blame you, Hiliary Clinton is scary...

But you understand what I was trying to say with that pic, right? Revelations being called survival horror by Capcom is simply a mask and, as much as I would like to be proven wrong, it will be no less an action shooter as RE4 and RE5 have been.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:38 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I don't blame you, Hiliary Clinton is scary...

But you understand what I was trying to say with that pic, right? Revelations being called survival horror by Capcom is simply a mask and, as much as I would like to be proven wrong, it will be no less an action shooter as RE4 and RE5 have been.
Yeah, and it isn't helping that it'll have the first person camera angle. We can only hope.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Did... did you just say... 'FIRST PERSON'?!

...FIRST PERSON?! IN MY RESIDENT EVIL?!

(It's more likely than you think, I'm looking at you 'GUN Survivor'.)

But really, I'm cool with first person. As long as it doesn't turn into Call of Nemesis: Tyrant Warfare 3
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:29 pm

The Knife wrote:
Did... did you just say... 'FIRST PERSON'?!

...FIRST PERSON?! IN MY RESIDENT EVIL?!

(It's more likely than you think, I'm looking at you 'GUN Survivor'.)

But really, I'm cool with first person. As long as it doesn't turn into Call of Nemesis: Tyrant Warfare 3
The Survivors were awesome, but they were spinoffs. Capcom seems to like trying new stuff in the spinoff titles for RE, like the upcoming ORC.

Using first person in the main series isn't necessarily the best direction...
Back to top Go down
Patronum1121
Zombie
Zombie
Patronum1121

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:56 pm

You do know you can turn off the first person viewpoint for Revelations, right?

Knife, I do agree with Ghost Leader being angry about referring to anyone who prefers the older games to the newer games as "fantards." I first got involved in the series due to 4. But my favorite games are Outbreak, Code: Veronica X, and 2, which are all older games.

But it really depends on personal tastes. Jamesy loves the REmake. NiteKrawler likes 5 better than 4. I'm anticipating Revelations. Ghost Leader prefers the older games in the series. Generalizing so broadly doesn't work out very well.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Wait,how were we using the word fantard?But I agree with Ghost Leader,the older games dominated the newer ones (5,Umbrella Chronicles,Darkside,and all the others.)It was originality that made the series great in the first place.Zombies in a graveyard are just boring and cliche,but put them in a weird estate/laboratory made by a shady pharmeceutical co. and people get interested. Anyone agree that RE1 was probably the best RE out there?
Back to top Go down
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 8:38 pm

when RE started it was scary puzzling...now its action and easy I mean seriusly it took me years to beat RECV and about a month to beat RE4 and RE5

not saying i dislike those im just saying it was not scary and it was easy

but thats my prefrence
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:51 am

kris wrote:
when RE started it was scary puzzling...now its action and easy I mean seriusly it took me years to beat RECV and about a month to beat RE4 and RE5

not saying i dislike those im just saying it was not scary and it was easy

but thats my prefrence
Easy yes, but have you tried RE5 on Pro without unlimited ammo?

@Pat: I know it can be turned off but it's still a turn in wrong direction and nod towards action players.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:03 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Capcom seems to like trying new stuff in the spinoff titles for RE, like the upcoming ORC.
The reason I'm not so critical of ORC is because it isn't masquerading as survival horror, it's designed as a squad-based tactical shooter and that aspect isn't being hidden by its developers.

And besides that, the shooter market has been dominated by Call of Grenades: Action Movie Warfare for too many years now and a new squad-based tactical shooter is a breath of fresh air for me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:25 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Capcom seems to like trying new stuff in the spinoff titles for RE, like the upcoming ORC.
The reason I'm not so critical of ORC is because it isn't masquerading as survival horror, it's designed as a squad-based tactical shooter and that aspect isn't being hidden by its developers.

And besides that, the shooter market has been dominated by Call of Grenades: Action Movie Warfare for too many years now and a new squad-based tactical shooter is a breath of fresh air for me.
I'm sure as hell waiting for this game to release. It's great that they don't even try to pretend the game being something it really isn't. There still might be some scary moments so I'm all positive for this.

Really agree on the last part too, I was getting bored of all the fps' pushed on the market and it's been a while since I've played a good squad based anything.
Back to top Go down
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:02 am

If RE really goes FPS I hope they pull those OMFG type scares.Like in FarCry when you meet the bazooka armed guys.I wasn't expecting them.lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:51 am

Deagle50 wrote:
If RE really goes FPS I hope they pull those OMFG type scares.Like in FarCry when you meet the bazooka armed guys.I wasn't expecting them.lol
Seriously, I hope they don't go that way. I'm pretty confident they won't but still.
Back to top Go down
AgentZero
Zombie
Zombie
AgentZero

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:58 am

I'm not talking about easy I'm talking about puzzling there just not like how they were nowadays

but to awnser your question no I have not tryed it on pro
Back to top Go down
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:21 am

I am what people seem to be referring to as a "fantard" <--- disgusting that people can use that word anywhere.

Anyway, I LOVE Resident Evil 4 and 5, but I still prefer the older ones, because they weren't chapter-based, they were much more creepy, had a great atmosphere, had better music (which was creepy), and the use of madmen's puzzles to be able to figure out where to go and what to do made the game more interesting than "shoot these people, then run to the next chapter marker, then do the same again until the game is complete."

Plus, the older games were much better in the sense that every enemy you killed didn't drop ammo and herbs. You had to make do with what was in the game, a limited supply.

And as for comparing older Resident Evil games with playing RE5 in Pro mode ... your point is? All that does is make your health go down quicker, and you have to figure out a way to conserve ammo and health items wisely. That doesn't make the game any better, it just makes you die quicker. Yes, it's fun and something to brag about when you achieve things in Pro mode, but it has no storyline that you don't already know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frequencymusic.wordpress.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:55 am

Las_Fergus wrote:
And as for comparing older Resident Evil games with playing RE5 in Pro mode ... your point is?
My point was that it makes the game harder, as kris said they were too easy. He did not say he referred to the puzzle part in the earlier post. My point being, I did NOT compare the older games to RE5 Pro mode NOR did I say it made the games better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why does GL hate the newer games?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next