Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why does Wesker hate Chris?

Go down 
+15
White Rock
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
leonskennedy232
Nobudy
will1234562
ace.redfield
NiteKrawler
Bub537
Mass Distraction
Monster Mash
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
The Knife
RaviorStygian
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

Why does Wesker hate Chris? Empty
PostSubject: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 3:47 pm

I have no idea why, but I forgot why Wesker hates Chris. What did Chris do that was so terrible, other than survive? In that case, why doesn't he hate Jill, or Rebecca, or Barry?

I guess my mind always just assumed it was because of his "death" but never really questioned why that's not a valid answer. Wesker was planning on being killed by the Tyrant so that the virus could reanimate his body with super human abilities. And even then he wasn't attacked by Tyrant because of Chris.

Maybe it was because "hatred became his master" or whatever.

I started wondering this while replaying Code Veronica, and how he keeps saying how much he hates Chris, but at that point Chris hadn't laid a finger on him, or had done anything that would mess with his plans by that much. Or at all, if I remember correctly.

Perhaps this is why the DC version of the story erased those scenes because they felt at that point they were unnecessary? Does that make DC's interpretation the canon one then? But then again, how could have Chris assumed it was Wesker when he saw the knife? Wouldn't he be surprised to see a S.T.A.R.S. knife rather than just assume Wesker had come back from the dead?
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Probably because Chris mocked the Tyrant, which is Wesker's ultimate achievement in life.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:17 pm

Play RE1 and/or REmake and you'll get your answer.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:19 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Play RE1 and/or REmake and you'll get your answer.
I did very recently.

Still can't remember. There's nothing Chris does that would make him hate him especially. Was it for setting the facility to self-destruct?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Why did Hitler hate the jews.....exactly, for not being of the Aryian race. Now as to why Wesker hates Chris heres my take on it. Canonly ...thats right canonly i said it....Jill was locked up while chris roamed the mansion fighting zombies and snakes and sharks and tigers and lions and bears oh my. So basically Wesker was always like im going to lure stars in and see how they handle it and so on...So anyway Chris figured out what was otg and basically kicked the tyrants ass and blew the fuck out of everything basically ruining his plans.....Also even though it was made afterwards Umbrella chronicles (also mentioned in RE2) Where they went up to russia trying to shut down umbrella and etc......although wesker Wanted umbrella to fall.....Basically what I'm saying is what ever Wesker is trying to do Chris is there trying to stop him. So I guess just imagine somethings in between the games that could have happened. Also Rebecca was hardly there so ya know....he controlled barry easily plus hes retired, as for Jill....maybe he thinks shes hot? lol He does dislike her doesnt he? idk
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:51 pm

Being the egomaniac that he was, Wesker was probably furious that his grand plans for the world were thwarted by a cop. He saw himself as a god, and gods don't like it when mortals rebel.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Monster Mash wrote:
Being the egomaniac that he was, Wesker was probably furious that his grand plans for the world were thwarted by a cop.
When were his plans thwarted by Chris aside from in RE5? I thought the whole battle data thing was only beneficial to Umbrella, and that Wesker didn't really care about it. I didn't know killing the Tyrant was that much of a problem to Wesker, or blowing up the facility. I could understand if he was with Umbrella, but he was planning on leaving Umbrella at that point.

And I don't think he considered himself a god during the events of CV. That didn't happen until much later.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 9:14 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:
Being the egomaniac that he was, Wesker was probably furious that his grand plans for the world were thwarted by a cop.
When were his plans thwarted by Chris aside from in RE5? I thought the whole battle data thing was only beneficial to Umbrella, and that Wesker didn't really care about it. I didn't know killing the Tyrant was that much of a problem to Wesker, or blowing up the facility. I could understand if he was with Umbrella, but he was planning on leaving Umbrella at that point.

And I don't think he considered himself a god during the events of CV. That didn't happen until much later.

I think it's purely a mental thing. Chris insulted the Tyrant openly to Wesker, then ended up killing it. That may not have hurt Wesker plans per se, but for someone so obsessed with perfection and domination, such a thing could be highly insulting. He may not have thought of himself as a god earlier on, but he definitely believed himself to be untouchable and above everything, including STARS, Umbrella, Los Illuminados, the BSAA, and everyone else. Whether or not Chris was an actual threat to him until the end might have been irrelevant; simply the fact that he continually opposed Wesker's plans and could not be killed might have set off some deep insecurities in Wesker.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:32 am

Chris accidentally broke his sunglass collection.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:59 am

It's funny you posted this status because I was thinking the same thing myself. I guess because he's always standing in Wesker's way of getting what he wants.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:07 am

Chris: Is this...?

Wesker: That's right. This is the ultimate lifeform. Tyrant!

Chris: *Laughter*

Wesker: Chris? Stop it.

Chris: Wesker? You're pitiful. THIS is your savior? You say this failure is your savior?

Sounds rather insulting, no?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:53 am

Because Chris led the team during the destruction of the Tyrant. That tyrant was supposed to be sold to Umbrella's competition and mass manufactured. But Chris showed that it wasn't all that great by destroying it. He was also Wesker's favorite in STARS and so his actions were probably also seen as traitorous by Wesker.
Back to top Go down
ace.redfield
Hunter
Hunter
ace.redfield

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:02 pm

yes this troubles me either..
chris only called wesker pitiful and that's it. Then, wesker blamed him because the tyrant killed him and lost everything.
Guess he's just really crazy
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:40 am

I think he hates Chris,because their personalities are the exact opposite - I remember the developer saying that in RE5 Chris represents light and Wesker - darkness.Opposites don't like each other much.
Besides - Jill called Wesker pathetic,but he doesn't seem to hate her so I doubt that he hates Chris just because of an insult.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:59 am

He made Wesker cry in front of the other in the true canon story I bet.
Back to top Go down
leonskennedy232
Zombie
Zombie
leonskennedy232

Playstation Network agentwes3
Steam : leonsk23

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 10:07 am

its cuz a long time ago chris was like 5 years old and wesker was 4 years old and chris bullied wesker j/k i dont know the real reason i never finished re1
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:30 pm

The Knife wrote:
Chris: Is this...?

Wesker: That's right. This is the ultimate lifeform. Tyrant!

Chris: *Laughter*

Wesker: Chris? Stop it.

Chris: Wesker? You're pitiful. THIS is your savior? You say this failure is your savior?

Sounds rather insulting, no?

Laughing Cause Wesker thought that Chris would be glad to see his Tyrant Invention. But sadly Chris insult it. Ofcourse, Wesker was hurt by it. Is he? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:23 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:

He did care about it, he stole it for himself and he secured power with the other organization, Umbrella's competition. That's how he became so powerful and had the resources he had by RE4. He also killed Tyrant. Plus, Wesker has an enormous ego. Chris also beat him when he was already a superhuman, escaping alive which is like a slap in the face to an egomaniac like Wesker.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 2:54 am

Maybe he's owe him money.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:07 am

leonskennedy232 wrote:
its cuz a long time ago chris was like 5 years old and wesker was 4 years old and chris bullied wesker j/k i dont know the real reason i never finished re1
Albert was older than Chris. 13 years older, to be exact.

Wait, you haven't finished RE1? Please tell me you've at least finished REmake...
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:39 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
leonskennedy232 wrote:

Wait, you haven't finished RE1? Please tell me you've at least finished REmake...

Mass I think he hasn't done it also Sad
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
leonskennedy232
Zombie
Zombie
leonskennedy232

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
leonskennedy232 wrote:

no i haven't fineshed REmake
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 am

leonskennedy232 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
leonskennedy232 wrote:

no i haven't fineshed REmake
Blasphemy! You shut your computer down right now and go finish either one of them.
Back to top Go down
leonskennedy232
Zombie
Zombie
leonskennedy232

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:17 am

i can't play them right now i'm at school
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:19 am

Skip school! This is more important! If someone asks, tell them you're saving the world from bio-organic weapons. Bonus points for using Bertha's accent when saying that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does Wesker hate Chris?   Why does Wesker hate Chris? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next