HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why does GL hate the newer games?

Go down 
+16
Spike991
Bub537
TeRoR KiD
tyrantT-002
RaviorStygian
ace.redfield
BOBLATHON
ThomVD
Las_Fergus
AgentZero
Patronum1121
Ghost Leader
Deagle50
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
The Knife
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Las_Fergus
Cerberus
Cerberus
Las_Fergus

Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Las_Fergus wrote:
I know that I made that big argument the page before, but (and I should have done this before causing a fuss, sorry Sad ) I have thought about the overall story of Resident Evil, and the fact that it is now an action shooter makes sense.

Think about it ... In the first game, nobody had any idea that Umbrella was doing BOW research, and conducting experiments. The T-Virus then leaked, causing the Mansion incident, and obviously, having the unknown, and having zombies wandering around a creepy mansion, would be classed as survival horror, and would be very scary indeed.

Then skip forward to now ... Umbrella is bust, there are no experiments being conducted by the company anymore, however all of their research and samples have fallen into the hands of other criminals, allowing cases of BOW's being spread in areas around the world.

So basically, in the beginning, everything was unknown and eery, but now Umbrella is bust, and the whole story is now basically Chris (and the gang) are now trying to fight against biological warfare (the BSAA and other parties). So of course, it's going to be a storyline full of "there has been a leak of *insert virus/parasite here* in this country, we have to go and investigate, bring lots of firepower and we will get to the bottom of this."

Or am I delving too deep?
I think you're pretty much spot on.

Just to stand up for the story of RE4 (I liked it), I tend to think of it as a prelude to RE5 with the plagas getting on black market and everything. Besides, it shed a little light to what Ada and Leon had been doing after we last saw them.

I agree, I thought RE4 was a great continuation in the series. And it was still creepy to boot. I remember when I first played it, it was night time, pitch black in my room, the volume quite high. I was wandering round the village, and when the villagers notice you and shout, it almost scared me to the point of prairie doggin' Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.frequencymusic.wordpress.com
Deagle50
Zombie
Zombie
Deagle50

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:41 am

I like all the erie sound effects RE does.It can drive you nuts at times.lol.It's awesome.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:17 am

I pretty much have the same opinions as Mass Distraction and Nite Crawler. (However I do like RE4 just a little better than RE5. Maybe).

Las_Fergus wrote:
I know that I made that big argument the page before, but (and I should have done this before causing a fuss, sorry Sad ) I have thought about the overall story of Resident Evil, and the fact that it is now an action shooter makes sense.

Think about it ... In the first game, nobody had any idea that Umbrella was doing BOW research, and conducting experiments. The T-Virus then leaked, causing the Mansion incident, and obviously, having the unknown, and having zombies wandering around a creepy mansion, would be classed as survival horror, and would be very scary indeed.

Then skip forward to now ... Umbrella is bust, there are no experiments being conducted by the company anymore, however all of their research and samples have fallen into the hands of other criminals, allowing cases of BOW's being spread in areas around the world.

So basically, in the beginning, everything was unknown and eery, but now Umbrella is bust, and the whole story is now basically Chris (and the gang) are now trying to fight against biological warfare (the BSAA and other parties). So of course, it's going to be a storyline full of "there has been a leak of *insert virus/parasite here* in this country, we have to go and investigate, bring lots of firepower and we will get to the bottom of this."

Or am I delving too deep?
I have always thought that, but could never put it into words. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
tyrantT-002
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am

I am a fan of the older resident evil games 123 caode veronica these are the classics I was playing these when they first came out as for the idiot saying fantards hes probably just jumped on the resident evil band wagon after the release of the movies and re4.

RE5 is just the same as any other shooter like black ops but will NEVER EVER SELL AS MANY COPIES OR EVER BE AS SUCCESSFUL, so why didn't they stay unique to their own style but better, resident evil remake's graphics was out of this world and that's old now

fantard what a virgin
Back to top Go down
tyrantT-002
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 am

Oh and by the way I like them all but the classics are the best
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:42 am

tyrantT-002 wrote:
I am a fan of the older resident evil games 123 caode veronica these are the classics I was playing these when they first came out as for the idiot saying fantards hes probably just jumped on the resident evil band wagon after the release of the movies and re4.

RE5 is just the same as any other shooter like black ops but will NEVER EVER SELL AS MANY COPIES OR EVER BE AS SUCCESSFUL, so why didn't they stay unique to their own style but better, resident evil remake's graphics was out of this world and that's old now

fantard what a virgin

Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:56 am

tyrantT-002 wrote:

fantard what a virgin
Try not to double post and please do not go lashing out on other people here. I'd rather like to see a good argument.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:03 pm

For one thing, don't call a member an idiot. Also, you double posted for no reason. The second post you made was already stated in your first post. Use the edit button from now on if you have something you want to add.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 pm

tyrantT-002 wrote:

fantard what a virgin

Excuse me? Did you just call me a fantard and an idiot? I happen to enjoy all RE games (at least the ones I've played) as much as the last, so I am in no way a fantard. Now, I'll admit that saying 'fantard' was slightly foolish.

Every single RE game is great, and each should be treated as a good game. They all have the Pros and Cons.

Old RE Pros: Thrilling, amazing experiences. Can be hilarious at times.
Old RE Cons: Annoying and pointlessly difficult puzzles. Limited inventory.

New RE Pros: Fun, action-paced games. Branches out to a wider audience, allowing newcomers of the series.
New RE Cons: Peculiar Controls. Little(RE4) to No (RE5) puzzles.

Also, I didn't mean to offend when I said fantard. Again, it was foolish and I hope this interfraction can be forgiven.

Last edited by The Knife on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:09 pm

The Knife wrote:
Every single RE game is great, and each should be treated as a good game. They all have the Pros and Cons.

New RE Pros: Fun, action-paced games. Branches out to a wider audience, allowing newcomers of the series.

Not to cause hate to the new games or anything, but I think the old RE cons should be pros and the new RE pros should be cons.

Old RE Pros: puzzles, scary atmosphere, survival feeling, limited suplies and inventory. Save Rooms.
Old RE Cons: Bad voice acting and dialogue.

New RE Pros: You can actually aim at something, innovative camera view
New RE Cons: Lack of survival-horror elements and puzzles. Too Fast-paced
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:29 pm

ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:

Not to cause hate to the new games or anything, but I think the old RE cons should be pros and the new RE pros should be cons.

Old RE Pros: puzzles, scary atmosphere, survival feeling, limited suplies and inventory. Save Rooms.

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say Old RE had corny voice acting, not bad... okay, maybe it was bad.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:32 pm

The Knife wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say Old RE had corny voice acting, not bad... okay, maybe it was bad.

But you can also see it as a pro, it was pretty hilarious. And not al voice acting was bad. Alyson Court (Claire) is the best voice actor in the series in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:03 pm

ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:

But you can also see it as a pro, it was pretty hilarious. And not al voice acting was bad. Alyson Court (Claire) is the best voice actor in the series in my opinion.

I thought Saddler was pretty good. But that's probably my Silent Hill half talking to me. I mean, Michael G also voiced Harry.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:18 am

The Knife wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:

I thought Saddler was pretty good. But that's probably my Silent Hill half talking to me. I mean, Michael G also voiced Harry.

Saddlers script was lame. Talking about Leon being a Hollywood movie cliche? Well it was pretty cliche when you kicked his ass just after he said that! sure the acting in the earlier Resident Evil games was corny but at least the scripts weren't as lame as RE4 & 5. There was very few memorable lines in the latter while even the original brought us such simple gems like "I hope this isn't Chris's blood!"
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:44 am

ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:

After reading you conversation I came to this conclusion: Every RE game appeals diffenrently from person to person. Some enjoy other stuff more than the others. In short, they all are awesome in different ways.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
After reading you conversation I came to this conclusion: Every RE game appeals diffenrently from person to person. Some enjoy other stuff than the others. In short, they all are awesome in different ways.

Yes, that's true. All RE games are amazing, both old and new. But I'm a horror fan. I've always loved horror movies and other survival-horror franchises like Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Alone in the Dark and Fatal Frame. That's why I prefer the old games. Others like to shoot at everything and just have a action-packed experience, they prefer the new games. Don't get me wrong, I love action too, but not in Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 3:58 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
After reading you conversation I came to this conclusion: Every RE game appeals diffenrently from person to person. Some enjoy other stuff than the others. In short, they all are awesome in different ways.

Yes, that's true. All RE games are amazing, both old and new. But I'm a horror fan. I've always loved horror movies and other survival-horror franchises like Silent Hill, Clock Tower, Alone in the Dark and Fatal Frame. That's why I prefer the old games. Others like to shoot at everything and just have a action-packed experience, they prefer the new games. Don't get me wrong, I love action too, but not in Resident Evil.
I'm a horror fan too. I have a crap ton of movies and about 85% of those are horror. Most of the other ones are on VHS but almost every DVD I have is a horror title. RE just never was as much horror to me as Silent Hill, for example, so I can't decide if I prefer the older or the newer ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:00 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I'm a horror fan too. I have a crap ton of movies and about 85% of those are horror. Most of the other ones are on VHS but almost every DVD I have is a horror title. RE just never was as much horror to me as Silent Hill, for example, so I can't decide if I prefer the older or the newer ones Very Happy

In my opinion: SH is the master of horror. RE the master of survival.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:02 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Well said.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Well said.

I think that's why the series aren't rivals. Almost all RE fans like SH and SH fans like RE, because they're both different. It's not like BF vs. CoD or Fifa vs. PES.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:38 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Well said.

I think that's why the series aren't rivals. Almost all RE fans like SH and SH fans like RE, because they're both different. It's not like BF vs. CoD or Fifa vs. PES.
It's nice to get along. Still, I remember a time when they actually were rivals. At least to some degree. I once left a Silent Hill forum because of a huge argument where people claimed only the other is good and the other is pure rubbish. I tried to say they both are equally good and that resulted in a shitstorm.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Well said.

It's nice to get along. Still, I remember a time when they actually were rivals. At least to some degree. I once left a Silent Hill forum because of a huge argument where people claimed only the other is good and the other is pure rubbish. I tried to say they both are equally good and that resulted in a shitstorm.

Arguments like that are so pointless. Like you said, both are equally good and I enjoy both. If I had to choose, I would go for RE because I like the story and characters more.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
The Knife wrote:

YES! YES, YES! You've got the answer!
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 pm

The reason I don't like the newer games is because they stray way too far from the Resident Evil formula. I loved Resident Evil 4. It was the perfect combination of the new RE style of game-play with some elements of horror. But Resident Evil 5 just reused that same formula but it lacked any sense of horror entirely. I'm not one of those elitists that refuse to play them but I definitely feel like the series as a whole needs a huge overhaul.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:49 am

Bub537 wrote:
The reason I don't like the newer games is because they stray way too far from the Resident Evil formula. I loved Resident Evil 4. It was the perfect combination of the new RE style of game-play with some elements of horror. But Resident Evil 5 just reused that same formula but it lacked any sense of horror entirely. I'm not one of those elitists that refuse to play them but I definitely feel like the series as a whole needs a huge overhaul.

I don't get it. You don't like the new games but you love RE4. RE4 is also one of the new games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why does GL hate the newer games?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next