HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why does GL hate the newer games?

Go down 
+16
Spike991
Bub537
TeRoR KiD
tyrantT-002
RaviorStygian
ace.redfield
BOBLATHON
ThomVD
Las_Fergus
AgentZero
Patronum1121
Ghost Leader
Deagle50
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
The Knife
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Trichos wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Did you really just add that hyphen in the quote Very Happy

No-comment-.

Ha ha, what a man.

we dont stand for dat bad grammar shit.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:21 am

Reasons why I do not like the newer games (RE4/RE5):

The Merchant
Enemies turning into currency/items like they're from a Super Mario Bros. game
The abundance of ammunition
The lack of challanging puzzles (Play Resident Evil 3 and beat the Water Sample Puzzle without any help, then tell me a puzzle for RE4/RE5 is hard)
Lack of suspense
Being stuck with a companion(Ashley/Sheeva)

There's more but I'll just leave it at that for now
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:52 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
To be fair, you were stuck with Ashley just as long as what was with the older titles. In Outbreak you even had three people running along with you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:
To be fair, you were stuck with Ashley just as long as what was with the older titles. In Outbreak you even had three people running along with you.
And yet, not even Sherry Birkin demanded your protective attention in the annoying way Ashley did. And Sheva (which, funfactly, I also can't help calling "Sheeva"), from what I can tell, at least didn't stand in your way.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:00 am

Sheva was quite helpful, actually.

Believe it or not, there are people who absolytely hate Sherry because you had to care of her. I've been playing RE4 again lately and I have not yet become irritated of Ashley.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 9:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Sheva was quite helpful, actually.

Believe it or not, there are people who absolutely hate Sherry because you had to take care of her. I've been playing RE4 again lately and I have not yet become irritated of Ashley.
That's what I meant when I said she wasn't standing in your way, a praise wrapped in an appealing understatement. On the other hand, does her helpfulness even count? I mean, similar to Rebecca/Billy in RE0, Sheva was helpful because the game was designed in a way that made her indispensable in some parts.

Ashley, on the other hand – and I can see that with Sherry, too – is no help, just a burden. Stupid cliché brat... *sigh*
But I'm gonna play RE4 again, too. Let's see if I come across a bug that turns Ashley into the president's 18-year-old hunky son, able to at least carry a weapon... and look good in a tight tank-top...

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:56 am

Sheva was a pretty good shot, if that's what you mean. I still prefer playing with a friend, though.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but I liked the addition of these characters you need to protect. It kinda added some tension to the game.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I don't know, maybe it's just me but I liked the addition of these characters you need to protect. It kinda added some tension to the game.
Or maybe it's just me who dislikes them. I dunno, there are just some kinds of "challenges" that annoy me, usually involving some kind of pressure. Time pressure is the reason I hated Majora's Mask, and the pressure of one's success being dependent on someone else's survival/non-abduction is the reason I dislike Ashley.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:26 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Reasons why I do not like the newer games (RE4/RE5):

The Merchant
Enemies turning into currency/items like they're from a Super Mario Bros. game
The abundance of ammunition
The lack of challanging puzzles (Play Resident Evil 3 and beat the Water Sample Puzzle without any help, then tell me a puzzle for RE4/RE5 is hard)
Lack of suspense

There's more but I'll just leave it at that for now

An abundance of ammo? Umm, how bout no. There was more ammo to where you weren't scavenging to the point where you were stuck with a knife. Basically you just weren't penalized for using ammo.

RE4 had some good puzzles, get over it. I hate how people ignore those.

And RE3 had some stupid puzzles. A lot were really good, but some were just stupid and tedious. And didn't have a logical way to figure them out. The one with the obsidian and all those marbles in the clock tower.

Lack of suspense, in which way? I'm mainly referring to RE4, which had suspense, but RE5 did as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does GL hate the newer games?   Why does GL hate the newer games? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why does GL hate the newer games?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7