Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Hate Factor: Hunters

Go down 
+9
TeRoR KiD
Monster Mash
Bub537
ThomVD
Ghost Leader
BOBLATHON
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
The Knife
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

The Hate Factor: Hunters Empty
PostSubject: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Other Hate Factors Coming Soon.

Hunters. If you've read the 'Which Hunter is the Best' thread, then you should know that I have a strong dislike for the buggers. So, tell me, fellow Civilians of Raccoon City/Pueblo/Kijuju;

What is your least favorite thing about Hunters?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 6:27 pm

They are so awesome they just might collapse the fabric of time and space by simply existing. That might be the only thing I dislike in them... Sorry dude, but I love the little critters Very Happy

The Reapers I do dislike for the fact that killing them is a chore and they've got the instakill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:16 pm

Pff. I'm too busy hating on the leech zombies.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
They are so awesome they just might collapse the fabric of time and space by simply existing. That might be the only thing I dislike in them... Sorry dude, but I love the little critters Very Happy

The Reapers I do dislike for the fact that killing them is a chore and they've got the instakill.

Not if you have the Infinite Rocket Launcher, my friend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

Playstation Network BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:07 am

The fact that the first time I ever encountered the scaly little bastards (RE original... you know, the cutscene) I may have pissed myself a little bit. I hate them for that... I was 13... 13 year olds shouldn't be pissin their pants. I blame the hunter.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 5:22 am

The Knife wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Pfft, who needs cheating weapons Razz
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 1:04 pm

Just make sure you don't cheat, and have a good stockpile of molotovs.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 6:17 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

It ain't cheating if you've earned it. Cool

...oh. Infinite Satellite Laser Gun. Fully Automatic.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:08 am

The Knife wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

It ain't cheating if you've earned it. Cool

...oh. Infinite Satellite Laser Gun. Fully Automatic.
You can also unlock cheats in some games so...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Well then just use infinite rockets on the hunters as well.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:16 pm

I hate cheats.... Thats what made the early RE's so fun. You spent more time running from the tough ones. The music, the suspense, the anxiety.

Play swap licks with a hunter using a combat knife.... It's good times.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:57 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
I hate cheats.... Thats what made the early RE's so fun.
The only Resident Evils I recall having cheats in the sense that you're talking about are Director's Cut (double ammo), RE2 Dual Shock (infinite ammo for all weapons), and REmake (grenade launcher cheat, though this is more of a glitch than a cheat IMO).

In all the others I've played, infinite ammo was an earned reward, which is not the same thing as a cheat. In RE3, you got infinite ammo for one weapon through the course of the game by defeating Nemesis 7 times (which doesn't count as a cheat because it's earned) or for all weapons by earning a certain amount of money in Mercenaries (again, not a cheat because it's earned). In CVX, you got the infinite rocket launcher by beating the game in almost an entire sitting without dying or retrying even once (which is quite a task in itself, if I do say so myself as someone who accomplished said feat, which qualifies the inf. rocket launcher as an earned reward rather than a cheat). The inf. ammo weapons in RE4 were also earned by beating the game once (although one could use Gameshark or Codebreaker to give themselves inf. ammo, health, and such to blast through the first playthrough). And the same goes for RE5 (though fortunately no hacking devices exist for PS3 games to "short cut" your way).

Lol... sorry for the wall of text. Those are all I can recall right off hand. There are probably more examples, but I'll go into that later because I have to run.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
I hate cheats.... Thats what made the early RE's so fun. You spent more time running from the tough ones. The music, the suspense, the anxiety.

Play swap licks with a hunter using a combat knife.... It's good times.

Nah. It usually plays out like an RPG battle. It'd go on until somebody died. It'll most likely be you.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
BOBLATHON wrote:
I hate cheats.... Thats what made the early RE's so fun.
The only Resident Evils I recall having cheats in the sense that you're talking about are Director's Cut (double ammo), RE2 Dual Shock (infinite ammo for all weapons), and REmake (grenade launcher cheat, though this is more of a glitch than a cheat IMO).

In all the others I've played, infinite ammo was an earned reward, which is not the same thing as a cheat. In RE3, you got infinite ammo for one weapon through the course of the game by defeating Nemesis 7 times (which doesn't count as a cheat because it's earned) or for all weapons by earning a certain amount of money in Mercenaries (again, not a cheat because it's earned). In CVX, you got the infinite rocket launcher by beating the game in almost an entire sitting without dying or retrying even once (which is quite a task in itself, if I do say so myself as someone who accomplished said feat, which qualifies the inf. rocket launcher as an earned reward rather than a cheat). The inf. ammo weapons in RE4 were also earned by beating the game once (although one could use Gameshark or Codebreaker to give themselves inf. ammo, health, and such to blast through the first playthrough). And the same goes for RE5 (though fortunately no hacking devices exist for PS3 games to "short cut" your way).

Lol... sorry for the wall of text. Those are all I can recall right off hand. There are probably more examples, but I'll go into that later because I have to run.

Remember Game Genies, GameSharks or Action Replays? Thats how ya cheated back in the day of Playstation 1 and such. You could do some crazy things with those. I wasn't saying that RE was full of cheats (codes and other traditional methods) just that those games were fun because the ammo was scarce. Although, I personally think the addition of AutoAim in Directors cut and thereafter cheapened the experience.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 pm

BOBLATHON wrote:
Remember Game Genies, GameSharks or Action Replays? Thats how ya cheated back in the day of Playstation 1 and such. You could do some crazy things with those. I wasn't saying that RE was full of cheats (codes and other traditional methods) just that those games were fun because the ammo was scarce. Although, I personally think the addition of AutoAim in Directors cut and thereafter cheapened the experience.
Oh, I remember very well. I made quite extensive use out of them for games like Ace Combat and GTA. I also used one of them for getting the ant object from behind the painting of Alfred Ashford in CVX because I absolutely despise that painting puzzle. Evil or Very Mad But yeah, aside from DC's double ammo cheat and RE2 Dual Shock's inf. ammo cheat, Resident Evil as a whole never had any traditional cheat codes.

In a way, I suppose auto-aim did make it necessarily easy. But in another way, it was a bit necessary because of the way the camera angles were. It would have been better if they'd made it so you have to be within 3 or 4 feet of an enemy before it kicked in. Still, I'd take auto aim and bad camera angles over Call of Evil: Zombie Warfare any day.
Back to top Go down
BOBLATHON
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
BOBLATHON

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:09 am

Its amazing how autoaim will spoil you. I went back and played the original on PS not that long ago and it can get frustrating wasting already scarce ammo on missed shot. Then again, that was kinda the magic behind the scary back in the day. I don't remember it being such a problem before autoaim came about, but as I said, autoaim spoils lol.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:30 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Pff. I'm too busy hating on the leech zombies.
Use molotov cocktails
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:31 pm

The hunters are a bitch to outrun because once you get that distance between them they do that leap and insta-behead you. As far as RE creatures/monsters go, they're iconic. I hope to see them again in RE6.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:09 am

I just checked while playing RE1, the leap attack kills you only if you're on "caution" or lower. It didn't behead me when I was on "fine".
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:21 am

Didn't I say that once and everyone assured me I was wrong?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:52 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Didn't I say that once and everyone assured me I was wrong?
Now I have assured you to be right.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:55 am

...Who doubted me? Who amongst you does not belong?! I will weed you out...

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:02 am

I even ruined my perfectly good game to test that out.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 am

It was worth it to vindicate me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:07 am

You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hate Factor: Hunters   The Hate Factor: Hunters Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hate Factor: Hunters
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next