HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s

Go down 
+8
MSR
leonada
Vandal
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
RaviorStygian
Ghost Leader
Terra420
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Terra420
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Terra420

Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s Empty
PostSubject: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Okay so I go to meijer, shell out $53 of hard earned money for revelations, get in the car and think to myself, hey maybe I'll open it up and check out the book on my way back. I tear the film off, open up the flimsy see through case, and nothing! I mean come on... I know RE6 didn't have a manual either, but atleast it had a slip of paper in there promoting thier movie's, (not that that's any better.) but seriously? Nothing? Why even have manual holders in the box?

This game better be damn good... Sorry I just had to vent this somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:50 pm

More developers these days are moving toward digital manuals.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Terra420 wrote:
This game better be damn good...
Don't worry, it is.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Terra420 wrote:
Okay so I go to meijer, shell out $53 of hard earned money for revelations, get in the car and think to myself, hey maybe I'll open it up and check out the book on my way back. I tear the film off, open up the flimsy see through case, and nothing! I mean come on... I know RE6 didn't have a manual either, but atleast it had a slip of paper in there promoting thier movie's, (not that that's any better.) but seriously? Nothing? Why even have manual holders in the box?

Fifty-Three bucks? That's it. I'm waiting for a price drop (which might not happen). The game's not even as big as RE6 or GTA V. It's just a port...
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Terra420 wrote:

Fifty-Three bucks? That's it. I'm waiting for a price drop (which might not happen). The game's not even as big as RE6 or GTA V. It's just a port...
I don't know about GTA V, but I think RER is way better than RE6. I'd say it's a classic.
Back to top Go down
Terra420
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Terra420

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 2:02 am

I retract my previous statement. This game will decimate all, after you've put about 2 hours into it, or more, and play it for many more joy filled hours. You will then realize no manual was ever needed. Though it would have been nice CAPCOM...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:26 am

Simple. The manual holders are there because the covers are mass produced and sold to game companies in bunches Razz

In any case, I'm kind of sad to see the manuals missing in some games. Sure, some games still have manuals with actual character introductions and story pieces but more and more I'm seeing these pamphlets with warnings in different languages and nothing else. Gone are the days when the manual weighed the same amount as the game and case themselves.

Fun fact: The special edition of RE6 did have an actual manual in it. For it to be a special edition exclusive is kinda ridiculous, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 am

The only games with manuel these days are fighters. Well, Injustice didn't have one, but most fighters. MVC3, DOA, Street Fighter, etc.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:39 am

Vandal wrote:
The only games with manuel these days are fighters. Well, Injustice didn't have one, but most fighters. MVC3, DOA, Street Fighter, etc.
I think all of my DS and 3DS games have come with a full manual.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:50 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Oh, well yeah. I thought we were only speaking consoles. Also why do PC game boxes have to be bigger but don't hold anything other than two DVDs and a sheet of paper with codes?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:52 am

Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Oh, well yeah. I thought we were only speaking consoles. Also why do PC game boxes have to be bigger but don't hold anything other than two DVDs and a sheet of paper with codes?
Oh the days of Big Boxes... Now THAT'S a game box.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Yeah, and the CDI had huge boxes, but only had a CD inside of it. When big boxes were big it usually has a huge cartridge. But why CDs?! Why?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:04 am

Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Yeah, and the CDI had huge boxes, but only had a CD inside of it. When big boxes were big it usually has a huge cartridge. But why CDs?! Why?
When I bought RE2 (used) it came in a Big Box. I found the fact that this huge box only had the small cd case inside it hilarious. My RE3 Big Box did have a manual and this cardboard cd holder in it. I'm still sad that the RE2 box has completely vanished.
Back to top Go down
leonada
Zombie
Zombie
leonada

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:10 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Terra420 wrote:

I don't know about GTA V, but I think RER is way better than RE6. I'd say it's a classic.

its not a classic RE game a classic RE game would have zombies, a fix camera angle, puzzles, and a limit on ammo and RE6 had zombies and some puzzles like it used to so RE6 is closer to classic then RER but that doesnt mean im saying RER is a bad game its just not close to a classic with it having nothing that the older RE games had
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
When I bought RE2 (used) it came in a Big Box. I found the fact that this huge box only had the small cd case inside it hilarious. My RE3 Big Box did have a manual and this cardboard cd holder in it. I'm still sad that the RE2 box has completely vanished.
Yeah, and who knew those boxes would eventually become collectables? Though I always found it riduclous to find big boxes for CDs. There really isn't a reason for it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:57 am

leonada wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Terra420 wrote:

its not a classic RE game a classic RE game would have zombies, a fix camera angle, puzzles, and a limit on ammo and RE6 had zombies and some puzzles like it used to so RE6 is closer to classic then RER but that doesnt mean im saying RER is a bad game its just not close to a classic with it having nothing that the older RE games had
Classic: "Of the first or highest quality, class, or rank: a classic piece of work."

For example, RE4 can be considered a "classic" due to its timeless value. Besides, RER had zombies. They were just mostly animals. Not that it matters, though.
Back to top Go down
leonada
Zombie
Zombie
leonada

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
leonada wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Terra420 wrote:

Classic: "Of the first or highest quality, class, or rank: a classic piece of work."

For example, RE4 can be considered a "classic" due to its timeless value. Besides, RER had zombies. They were just mostly animals. Not that it matters, though.

RER had creatures called Oozes not zombies just to point that out
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:07 pm

That's true, and Oozes are most certainly not zombies. Btw there is more to the equation of what makes an RE experience what it is other than, "fixed camera angles and limited ammo".

Re6 has limited ammo big time. It also had fixed camera angles lol.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:24 pm

I just like RER because they weren't the same AI from friggin RE4. They've been overusing them. All the way to RE6. Goodness sake.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:32 pm

leonada wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
leonada wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Terra420 wrote:

RER had creatures called Oozes not zombies just to point that out
I know. I also know that most of the animal creatures were, in fact, zombies. Old RE games also had creatures other than zombies in them. And zombies don't make something instantly "classic". That's why the definition.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Vandal wrote:
I just like RER because they weren't the same AI from friggin RE4. They've been overusing them. All the way to RE6. Goodness sake.

Like the same AI from RE1 through...RE2, RE3, CVX, Survivor, RE0, etc.? Oh my Cod.

They were quite different in RE6 though, even the death animations were fresh. The J'avo seemed to go ragdoll once you kill them, with a cool disintegration effect.

And yes, having Zombies doesn't make an RE game what it is.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm starting to get tired of how some of you seem to act as if the older RE games are perfect when they aren't. The newer ones aren't either. They all have their dislikes from camera angles to how they messed up the Simmons fights in 6 to Ashley's "annoyingness", and Sheva's inability to use her ammo wisely.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:42 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
They were quite different in RE6 though, even the death animations were fresh. The J'avo seemed to go ragdoll once you kill them, with a cool disintegration effect.
Oh, I so loved the brutal death animations in RE6. Way better than the censored crap in RE5.

I also liked the bursting in flames more than them just dissolving, especially when it was actually explained this time.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Like the same AI from RE1 through...RE2, RE3, CVX, Survivor, RE0, etc.? Oh my Cod.

Want to hear a shocker? I never finished any of the original Resident Evils. At first because I was too scared, then because I got too bored or I would get stuck because I dropped a key item in front of a picture and all Rebecca does is examine the picture when there's a flashing key at her feet and I've gotten too far to restart.

Anyway, adding a few animations doesn't justify a new AI. They're still the dull ganados I've dealt with eight years ago, and somehow, the ganados seem so much better.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Vandal wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Want to hear a shocker? I never finished any of the original Resident Evils. At first because I was too scared, then because I got too bored or I would get stuck because I dropped a key item in front of a picture and all Rebecca does is examine the picture when there's a flashing key at her feet and I've gotten too far to restart.

Anyway, adding a few animations doesn't justify a new AI. They're still the dull ganados I've dealt with eight years ago, and somehow, the ganados seem so much better.

IDK they feel pretty different to me. I found the Gannados to be probably the most deadly. Remember that RE4 Village run on Pro? Razz

The Majini are annoying grabby bitches.

And the J'avo...well IDK exactly, but they are not my favourite. I just enjoy all of their mutations and stuff. Is it safe to say RE6 has some of the best creature design in any RE game? Minus Simmons lol. Actually his were cool, just that he needed to fucking die!

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Oh, I so loved the brutal death animations in RE6. Way better than the censored crap in RE5.

I also liked the bursting in flames more than them just dissolving, especially when it was actually explained this time.

RE6 had awesome death animations. They were fucking brutal. Twisted Evil RE4's death animations were the best until RE6. I will never forget Dr. Salvador chopping my head off while screaming as he does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s   Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s Empty

Back to top Go down

Why even have manual holders in the box? Capcom you %$&#'s
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next