Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
what will capcom do next? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
what will capcom do next? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
what will capcom do next? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
what will capcom do next? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
what will capcom do next? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
what will capcom do next? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
what will capcom do next? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

what will capcom do next?

Go down 
+11
White Rock
ChrisSherry
Vandal
doctorstrangesf
weskersbarber
chrisredfielmusculo
Methsia
Mass Distraction
RaviorStygian
Nobudy
Jamesy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

what will capcom do next? Empty
PostSubject: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 pm

What do you think future resident evil games will be like? Resident evil 4 5 and 6 have a similar type of action style, and when that goes stale what do direction do you think capcom will take. I really hope someday they make an re game which is similar too re 1 that would be a dream come true

Let's hope We don't get 'GTA re7 in a few years'
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Jamesy wrote:
What do you think future resident evil games will be like? Resident evil 4 5 and 6 have a similar type of action style, and when that goes stale what do direction do you think capcom will take. I really hope someday they make an re game which is similar too re 1 that would be a dream come true

Let's hope We don't get 'GTA re7 in a few years'
I guess the reason Capcom made three scenarios is to determine what their next game will be based on. After about a year or so, they'd release a poll asking which scenario's gameplay they prefer. Which ever one wins is the one that goes to RE7 (Which will hopefully involve Claire, Jill, and Rebecca).
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:26 pm

In re6 doesn't Jake look just like Wesker facially
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Jamesy wrote:
In re6 doesn't Jake look just like Wesker facially
He does, with a bit of his mother in him. When he puts on the shades it shows.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Woulden't it be cool if they made re7 very similar too re1?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Woulden't it be cool if they made re7 very similar too re1?
Probably not, unless you're talking about being similar in setting.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:19 pm

But going back too the creepy mansion formula would be a reboot. Just too give us a break from the gears of war style resident evil

I think most likely they will select leons scenario since it was the best
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 8:11 pm

But Leon's wasn't scary either. I don't see how Resident Evil can be scary unless it's in an isolated area with characters that don't have very much human interaction.

That's why I find RE4 to be the scariest of the Next-Gen Trilogy.

And even then, it's not that scary, but I'm not easily scared by enemies or situations that are explainable through science, even if it's B movie science.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:38 am

Hopefully not a reboot, at least. I'd prefer to see some of the characters who have had less screentime in the series. I'd also be down for a title with fully female cast, mainly Jill, Claire and Rebecca.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:38 am

Leon's supposed to be horror, Chris' action and Jake a mix of both.

Even though I don't like Leon that much, I do mentally wish people prefer Leon's scenario more for RE7 to be full on horror inspired. If it's even possible.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 am

Methsia wrote:
Leon's supposed to be horror, Chris' action and Jake a mix of both.

Even though I don't like Leon that much, I do mentally wish people prefer Leon's scenario more for RE7 to be full on horror inspired. If it's even possible.

i agree,i really think that if resident evil 7 had a similar athmosphere of
lost in nightmares combined with the new gameplay,it would make a terrific
survival horror game
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:01 am

They need to get over there obsession with making us have partners. It feels like they are trying to get as many characters as possible into each game. Whatever happened to going solo.
Back to top Go down
doctorstrangesf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
doctorstrangesf

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 am

weskersbarber wrote:
They need to get over there obsession with making us have partners. It feels like they are trying to get as many characters as possible into each game. Whatever happened to going solo.

This so, so much. Unfortunately the concept of co-op is so ingrained in videogame marketing now that it's not likely to be changed, far too many people enjoy co-operative gameplay. I admit that it is 'fun' playing through Resi 5 with a friend, but for all the wrong reasons (within the Resident Evil context, because RE was founded around the idea of isolation).
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:31 am

First off, what's stopping you from just playing Resident Evil 1? If that's what you want just play it. Resident Evil isn't going back to dated fixed cameras. Not any time soon at least.

And I would want a Jill/Claire/Rebecca campaign, but I'm guessing Capcom wants to go deeper into Jake's character.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:24 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Every game gives you partners though, it's just back then the technology probably prevented it from being co-op. Always two there are.

what will capcom do next? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz3WZYBMkp46NMNwWGf8gjP961pwgSHWIA8IW_xEdZl7-WICF6

Mercy wrote:
And I would want a Jill/Claire/Rebecca campaign, but I'm
guessing Capcom wants to go deeper into Jake's character.
I'd actually be perfectly fine with either. I really cant wait to see what
they do with Jake, especially if Sherry is along for the ride.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:35 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Every game gives you partners though, it's just back then the technology probably prevented it from being co-op. Always two there are.

what will capcom do next? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz3WZYBMkp46NMNwWGf8gjP961pwgSHWIA8IW_xEdZl7-WICF6

Mercy wrote:
And I would want a Jill/Claire/Rebecca campaign, but I'm
guessing Capcom wants to go deeper into Jake's character.
I'd
actually be perfectly fine with either. I really cant wait to see what
they do with Jake, especially if Sherry is along for the ride.

When I say partners I mean another character alongside you for the whole game. Playing on your own always has a different atmosphere than having someone alongside you throughout imo. Leons campaign would have been much more 'survival horror' if Helena wasn't there, or if she wasn't alongside you throughout the whole campaign.
Back to top Go down
doctorstrangesf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
doctorstrangesf

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:58 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

And every one of those games also goes out it's way to break up those partnerships at every chance to stress how alone the player, and the characters are, that the only person that you can rely on is yourself.

My argument being that the partner system/co-op, both the offline A.I. and online ruins (for me) the immersive quality of the game. It's been shoehorned into the series solely because it's marketable, not because it makes the game better. It completely destroys the fourth wall and I can't 'get into it' because I've got someone talking to me all the way through, giving me ammunition and herbs etc. The one element that could work about it is that you've got to help someone else, but there were points in RE5 wheret I turned the console off because Sheva/Chris did something so monumentally stupid. It's let down by staggeringly bad A.I and there's no way that it feels 'natural' because it's obvious that it's not human.

Playing with a friend online is somehow even worse since I've literally got someone talking in my ear. It's just the wrong series to do with it with. Capcom shoud have come up with a new IP if they wanted to do it so badly.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:50 pm

doctorstrangesf wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

And every one of those games also goes out it's way to break up those partnerships at every chance to stress how alone the player, and the characters are, that the only person that you can rely on is yourself.

My argument being that the partner system/co-op, both the offline A.I. and online ruins (for me) the immersive quality of the game. It's been shoehorned into the series solely because it's marketable, not because it makes the game better. It completely destroys the fourth wall and I can't 'get into it' because I've got someone talking to me all the way through, giving me ammunition and herbs etc. The one element that could work about it is that you've got to help someone else, but there were points in RE5 wheret I turned the console off because Sheva/Chris did something so monumentally stupid. It's let down by staggeringly bad A.I and there's no way that it feels 'natural' because it's obvious that it's not human.

Playing with a friend online is somehow even worse since I've literally got someone talking in my ear. It's just the wrong series to do with it with. Capcom shoud have come up with a new IP if they wanted to do it so badly.
Sounds like purist talk to me. I personally have a lot of fun playing with a friend.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:44 pm

My personal dream team for RE7 or any RE game for that matter, would have to be
Chris/Sherry, Carlos/Jill, Billy/Rebecca and Leon/Claire.

I personally like the game-play in RE6 a lot. Adding a little more horror would be good too. But, I am fine with the way things are.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:53 pm

doctorstrangesf wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

This so, so much. Unfortunately the concept of co-op is so ingrained in videogame marketing now that it's not likely to be changed, far too many people enjoy co-operative gameplay. I admit that it is 'fun' playing through Resi 5 with a friend, but for all the wrong reasons (within the Resident Evil context, because RE was founded around the idea of isolation).

I understand what you're getting at, cos co-op does take from the scare factors. There's comfort in friends, as they say. However, I highly doubt that unless you're Ben from Night of the Living Dead, anybody smart would want to face a zombie onslaught alone. This is why it sort of makes sense to do it in co-op, even if it means you're not singular anymore. Hell, watch the Aliens or Predator films. They all drop like flies when they find out how unmatched they are against a deadlier and more mysterious foe. That's part of what makes the horror genre fun. That's the fun of being in a horror situation. Teaming up with everybody and trying to keep everyone alive or just go it alone.
Back to top Go down
doctorstrangesf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
doctorstrangesf

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Sounds like purist talk to me. I personally have a lot of fun playing with a friend.

At which point did favouring traditional gameplay elements, the elements that established the series and made me fall in love with it, become a negative thing?

And I'm glad you enjoy online gaming. I do not.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:40 pm

doctorstrangesf wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

At which point did favouring traditional gameplay elements, the elements that established the series and made me fall in love with it, become a negative thing?

And I'm glad you enjoy online gaming. I do not.
Cause if things don't modernize, it will eventually shrivel up and die. Kind of like that . . . little blue . . . bomber we all love so much.

. . .

Mad
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:15 am

Okay, Resident Evil purists need to stop complaining about the game changing. It's not like went from a fighter game into an RTS. Yes, things really deviate from what Resident Evil's identity stood for in its core gameplay, but they need that change to appeal to a broader audience. Since Resident Evil is Capcom's most popular IP, they have to keep breathing life into the series. If you don't like to play with friends then don't play with friends. It's not that hard. Add the skill "Lone Wolf" and then it's like the computer AI is only there to open doors for you. The fact that Capcom is trying their hardest to keep Resident Evil up to date is a good thing for the company and for the series.

I will say this though; the partners are annoying me. I just wanted one chapter in each campaign to separate from each other. I did really dig the whole "classic Romero Zombie movie" feeling in Leon's campaign, finding survivors and sticking together, but if Helena and Leon got separated in the mess and had to find each other and meet up by the end of the chapter, that would have been a really good move to invite a Resident Evil 2 type of gameplay. When characters separate it's usually not for more than 5 minutes, and some times you're even aided with computer AI, imagine if you got separated in Resident Evil 6 for one chapter. Jake and Sherry were separated in chapter 3 the longest, but even then it was only for about 10 minutes tops.

@Ravior: I don't have anything against Capcom delving deeper into Jake's story, I want them to, because I really like his character. I'm just saying I'm not expecting a Jill/Claire/Rebecca game considering the ending of Ada's campaign.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah, I agree. It's OK to say you like the old games more, but they'll never really go back to the style of those again.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Mercy wrote:
@Ravior: I don't have anything against Capcom delving deeper into Jake's story, I want them to, because I really like his character. I'm just saying I'm not expecting a Jill/Claire/Rebecca game considering the ending of Ada's campaign.
I'm not sure what you mean by the end of Ada's campaign, but I agree that Jill and Claire will probably never meet. Rebecca is probably going to never appear again, but Sherry did so who knows.

Having Claire show up in games doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a story stand-point. She's trying to separate herself from all of that as much as she can, only aiding in the fight against B.O.W.s from the sidelines. She's a citizen, not a trained fighter.

The reason why Chris, Jill, and Leon are always in those situations is because it's their job to fight B.O.W.s.

The only way for her to be in the plot would have to involve some sort of accident, which I think would be kind of pushing it.

It might be a little weird though for the masses to go from having 3 campaigns and then going to just having 1. I have a feeling they might stick to the Sonic Adventure formula and have multiple adventures for different characters. I just hope Jill and Jake are along for the ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what will capcom do next?   what will capcom do next? Empty

Back to top Go down

what will capcom do next?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next