Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why 3DS Capcom? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why 3DS Capcom? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why 3DS Capcom? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why 3DS Capcom? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why 3DS Capcom?

Go down 
+3
ThomVD
NiteKrawler
Bub537
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:28 pm

Resident Evil games have been primarily console games ever since the get-go. Why all of a sudden is the 3DS receiving all these exclusive titles? I mean Mercenaries 3D makes sense but not Revelations since it's advertised as a "core" Resident Evil title. Maybe it's just me.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 pm

It's not a numbered title so I guess that's why. Handhelds have has RE games for a long time now. I hate that revelations is going to be for the 3DS but oh well. I will just watch it played on Youtube. Also, welcome to the forum. Go make yourself an introduction so you can meet our members! Make it in the introductions sections. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:35 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
It's not a numbered title so I guess that's why. Handhelds have has RE games for a long time now. I hate that revelations is going to be for the 3DS but oh well. I will just watch it played on Youtube. Also, welcome to the forum. Go make yourself an introduction so you can meet our members! Make it in the introductions sections. Smile

Code: Veronica wasn't a numbered title but it's still considered part of the main series. And thanks I used to be part of the official Resident Evil forums on the Capcom website a LONG time ago but left shortly before Resident Evil 5 came out. I'm glad to be part of another Resident Evil forum again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:02 am

Yeah, I'm going to watch a LP of it too.

And Capcom said that CV is the real RE3 and RE3 is just a side story, but because CV was only for dreamcast, Sony didn't want the final part of the trilogy being made exclusively on an other platform, so capcom made RE3 for ps1.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:52 am

I think Capcom has kept a part of the exclusivity deal they had with Nintendo. Even though they started making the games for other platforms again, there still has been games like the Chronicles that have been exclusive to Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:59 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think Capcom has kept a part of the exclusivity deal they had with Nintendo. Even though they started making the games for other platforms again, there still has been games like the Chronicles that have been exclusive to Nintendo.

Understandable. It's just when you start out a game franchise on one family of consoles (Sony) you'd expect them to do there best to keep the main titles on the consoles they started the franchise on. If anything, Revelations should be on Vita but I'd rather not have it be on a handheld at all since it's a main title.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:29 am

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Understandable. It's just when you start out a game franchise on one family of consoles (Sony) you'd expect them to do there best to keep the main titles on the consoles they started the franchise on. If anything, Revelations should be on Vita but I'd rather not have it be on a handheld at all since it's a main title.
That really is the weird part. Why put a main game on a handheld? Who knows. Maybe they wanted to utilize the 3D system.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:56 pm

I would really hesitate to call Revelations a "main title." Although it will be canon, it doesn't make it a main title. Main titles are meant to be the big productions that release on consoles and that would not decrease production value because there needs to be a handheld port of it. Revelations, to me, is just a canon spinoff. You won't need it to play RE6 (the real next main title) anymore than you need to watch 4D Executer to get what happens in Degeneration.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:57 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I would really hesitate to call Revelations a "main title." Although it will be canon, it doesn't make it a main title. Main titles are meant to be the big productions that release on consoles and that would not decrease production value because there needs to be a handheld port of it. Revelations, to me, is just a canon spinoff. You won't need it to play RE6 (the real next main title) anymore than you need to watch 4D Executer to get what happens in Degeneration.
True. Maybe it was a bit hasty to call it a "main title". Still, it could be more relevant than Survivor, even though that was canon too. At least it stars the main characters (no pun intended).
How about it being a "true prequel"?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:28 pm

The only ones I care about being on console are the numbered titles.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:36 pm

CV wasn't a numbered title, but still a main game.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:42 pm

It was supposed to be numbered. I just don't consider any hand held only games to be main titles. They are kind of like straight to DVD movies.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:46 pm

I have been thinking, maybe there will be an emulator available soon. You can't play in 3d but that doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:59 pm

In response to thread title...

Because Capcom want to troll me and put Hunters in the game and not put a Grenade Launcher in the game, thus getting my Three-Dimensional character decapitated by Three-Dimensional Hunters.

(Hell, I don't even know if there are Hunters in the game. But, knowing my luck, they will.)
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:23 pm

The Knife wrote:
Because Capcom want to troll me and put Hunters in the game and not put a Grenade Launcher in the game, thus getting my Three-Dimensional character decapitated by Three-Dimensional Hunters.
Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Razz
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Shotgun works better against hunters then a grenade launcher for me.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Realistically grenade launchers are useless in close combat unless you're using buckshot or non-lethal munitions because an explosive grenade has to travel a minimal distance of about 100 feet before the warhead will arm. It was a safety measure introduced shortly after the M79 grenade launcher entered service in the '60s to prevent the grenadier from accidentally blowing himself and his squad up. I've heard rumors of SOF units using special 40mm grenades with a 15 foot arming radius, but I've never found anything to conclusively prove it.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Razz

I guess... if they're stupid... and don't use the insta-kill attack... I can Shotgun them?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:37 am

I really don't see why you would spend precious grenade launcher rounds to those things Very Happy Shotgun works just fine.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:05 pm

I've never really used a grenade launcher in an RE game aside from playing around with it for a few seconds (gets so boring) or in Mercs. There are way better weapons to use. For hunters, shotgun is probably the best choice. It works perfectly. Hunters are just...easy. I've been instakilled like once. And I've played RE1 and REmake a lot.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:07 pm

I only use the grenade launcher on bosses.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:09 pm

At least the 3ds is going down in price .....anyway I dont know about the rest of you but hunters are IMO the biggest dicks to ever be in RE....I dont think there is a RE game Where I wasnt killed by a hunter.....you know that has hunters in it.....I played survivor there a week ago and there was no running away from hunters AT ALL it was bullshit on that bridge cause there was like 15 of them and I was like FUCK YOU HUNTERS LOL.....They killed me so many times in so many games T_T I tell myself never to run from a hunter....but I always do and thats what happens
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 4:23 am

How did you get killed in Survivor? O.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why 3DS Capcom? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why 3DS Capcom?   Why 3DS Capcom? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why 3DS Capcom?
Page 1 of 1