HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?

Go down 
+20
SWITCHMYND
MSR
ChickenHeart
Teh Black Cat
Ghost Leader
will1234562
AWDCP
Mass Distraction
DivideByZero
RaviorStygian
Methsia
02viperacr
Known_Hero
Xannidel
37 Narwhals
ThomVD
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Vandal
weskersbarber
Jamesy
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? Empty
PostSubject: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:43 am

Would it be unwise in the current world of gaming for capcom too make a major resident evil game in the style of the re1 remake? Even if is what some veteran fans want?
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:02 pm

Money wise, yes it would be unwise as there isn't a big enough market for survival horror to complete with the likes of COD, FIFA etc so if they did make an REmake style game, it wouldn't sell well at all. Revelations is the closest we will get to it. Will you be getting Revelations when it's released for consoles?
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:33 pm

"it wouldn't sell well at all."

But don't a lot of resident evil fans want that aspect of survival horror too make a comeback? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Go back to playing REmake.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Would it be unwise in the current world of gaming for capcom too make a major resident evil game in the style of the re1 remake? Even if is what some veteran fans want?

Very! I personally wont buy a game that has 3d generation game engine and at the same time has motion limits and all the other HorSur stuff, it will be very boring and simply wont sell, i mean Capcom has to compete with such monsters as Ubisoft or Eidos, r u kidding me. . . Only thanx to RE4 and the course change that it had made to the franchise, Capcom is still on float. RE is perfectly adapted to the modern requirements, the moment they release old school horror, the ship will sink . . .
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:16 pm

Mercy wrote:

Go back too the hole u crawled from
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Mercy wrote:

What if people want something new instead of playing the same for the tenth time? A new game with a new story, setting and possibly new characters? I agree that it wouldn't sell enough, but to say that everybody who wants the old style back should just go back to the old games is no argument.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Mercy wrote:

What if people want something new instead of playing the same for the tenth time? A new game with a new story, setting and possibly new characters? I agree that it wouldn't sell enough, but to say that everybody who wants the old style back should just go back to the old games is no argument.

My thoughts exactly.... All third person shooters look the same these days Sleep
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:03 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I wasn't making an argument. All of Jamesy's threads are more or less asking the same thing.

Jamesy wrote:
My thoughts exactly.... All third person shooters look the same these days Sleep
So you agree with the statement that it's unwise for Capcom to produce an original styled Resident Evil title because there's a nitch market for the genre as well? I mean, that's what this thread is asking, right? Or were you just fishing for people to agree with you?
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Mercy wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
I wasn't making an argument. All of Jamesy's threads are more or less asking the same thing.

Jamesy wrote:
So you agree with the statement that it's unwise for Capcom to produce an original styled Resident Evil title because there's a nitch market for the genre as well? I mean, that's what this thread is asking, right? Or were you just fishing for people to agree with you?

I just think its a shame that cap com will not give us the old school mansion theme anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Mercy wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Jamesy wrote:

I just think its a shame that Capcom will not give us the old school mansion theme anymore.
Capcom stated that that's not out of the relm of possibilities.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:30 pm

I don't think it'd be a good idea for them to make RE7 ( or whatever the reboot is called if they do it ), into the style of REmake, but I think a REmake style spin-off would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm

I think they need to take a break after the Revelations port. It is obvious they now know that they can't just dish up ANYTHING and slap "Resident Evil" on the cover and expect fans to buy it and enjoy it. They need to just take a break from the franchise to see if they can come back to their roots. They might be waiting on the sales of Revelations and the reviews to get a better idea on what they should do.

Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:29 pm

What exactly is the "old style"?

Jagged camera angles, crappy controls, repetitive backtracking, bad voice acting, burning ropes with lighters, ink ribbon saves?

No thank you!

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Xannidel wrote:
I think they need to take a break after the Revelations port. It is obvious they now know that they can't just dish up ANYTHING and slap "Resident Evil" on the cover and expect fans to buy it and enjoy it. They need to just take a break from the franchise to see if they can come back to their roots. They might be waiting on the sales of Revelations and the reviews to get a better idea on what they should do.

Who knows.
Actually, you're right in one sense. Any spin off with the name "Resident Evil" was an automatic success. Umbrella Chronicles sold a million copies, Outbreak sold 1.5 million. Selling just a million copies is considered a success. So what did Capcom do? They thought: "Oh! There's money to be made in this! There's a market for these games!" So they release a sequal. Darkside Chronicles and Outbreak File #2, and what happens? The sales drop harder than a led zepline and Capcom comes to a really bad conclusion; namely the more recent "There is no money to be made on the Wii."

Are you kidding me? No. No, no, no, no, no. The Wii sold like freakin' hot cakes. It's Capcom's own fault. Here's what really happened. An eager fan picked up Umbrella Chronicles and that game for the most part sucked. When Capcom came out with a sequel, said eager fan was no longer eager and omited the game.

The NAME: Residet Evil, does sell. But when you screw a spin off series and don't put 100% in the first place, no one will buy your game after they realize how much crap you're full of. Capcom, however, did state in an article I posted that they are going to take things slower, because they saturated the market with bad games last year. Save for Revelations, but it did suck that it was on 3DS… a system that still hasn't taken off yet.

Known_Hero wrote:
What exactly is the "old style"?

Jagged camera angles, crappy controls, repetitive backtracking, bad voice acting, burning ropes with lighters, ink ribbon saves?

No thank you!

Thank you. When I said you were epic in the "Chain Reaction" thread, I meant it.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:34 pm

The camera angles were one reason why the games were scary, you heard the noises of zombies and/or monsters but had no idea what was behind the corner until you past it.

The controls were not "crappy" just clunky because of them working on newer consoles where they did not have a whole lot of experience with 3D models and what not.

I personally never had an issue with backtracking, it just meant I could hear some of the awesome music (Resident Evil 2's police station lobby music anyone?)

Voice actors can easily be found now a days and I always found the voice actors to just add a bit of charm to the older games.

ink ribbon saves were a way to ensure that the player had a limited amount of saves before they were out and if they screwed up then they were in trouble.

I am not too sure about the lighter burning a rope.

I am not trying to sound like I am defending the older games, I am just trying to help explain why they did what they did and what not.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:18 am

Known_Hero wrote:
burning ropes with lighters

Yeah you're right. RE4/5/6 are so realistic, with crows dropping grenades, to mention one thing.

And yes, those things you mentioned are EXACTLY the things I love about RE Very Happy. If you don't, that's alright Smile .

Also, RE4 had the exact same controls as the old games. Fluid and convenient controls just don't fit horror games in my opinion. I wouldn't be scared if I could be a superman.

But I respect your opinion.

Back to top Go down
02viperacr
User BANNED
User BANNED
02viperacr

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 am

i wouldnt say to go completely like old style ... but a mix of Updated stuff with the orginal style would be best ... i mean we are talking about RESIDENT EVIL ...

... if you like COD then go buy it and play it , to say RE should follow in others footsteps is pathetic.

to quote Known_Hero " repetitive backtracking " ... you mean where you need a Brain and figure stuff out to move forward? or do you like the grade 2 approach of having something direct you to where to go and what to do.

after playing RE6 for a few days now ... its good so far, but it Needs way more Puzzle solving and no pointer telling you where to go

Revelations is the first time in a While that RE went back to Roots and look how good it was recieved. HINT HINT! ....

Wake up People!!!!

Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:15 pm

@Mercy

Awwww, you say the nicest things I love you

@Xannidel

You're missing the point. What worked back then isn't going to work now. Those gameplay mechanics are now archaic. Dead. Not in use anymore.

Besides, Dead Space 1-2(haven't played 3) is a prime example of a game that doesn't need bad controls and weird camera angles to be scary. It's all about atmosphere.

@ThomVD

Again, crappy gameplay mechanics=horror is the mindset of a RE fan who can't let go of the past(no offense). Dead Space proves your assertion wrong. Issac has a ridiculous arsenal of weapons and wears a state of the art Rig suit that has the ability to put enemies into stasis. Yet, the game still succeeds at scaring the crap out people.

@02viperarc

Backtracking doesn't mean puzzles. Backtracking is "you need the golden key to unlock this door", look at the map and you find out that the said key is on the other side of the map. It's a cheap way to stretch out the game. I don't mind a little backtracking but when every damn item I need is always on the other side of the map, it gets tedious. Again, poor gameplay mechanics does not equal horror.

Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Jamesy wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Practically almost every FPS/Third Person is predictable in terms of story.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 1:42 pm

I honestly don't see the harm in releasing a low-budget (RElatively) downloadable title in that style. It would sell.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
@ThomVD

Again, crappy gameplay mechanics=horror is the mindset of a RE fan who can't let go of the past(no offense). Dead Space proves your assertion wrong. Issac has a ridiculous arsenal of weapons and wears a state of the art Rig suit that has the ability to put enemies into stasis. Yet, the game still succeeds at scaring the crap out people.

Ah, the classic "people who prefer older games over the more recent entries are stuck in the past and need to move on" argument. Not even gonna bother replying on that because I think it's quite a silly argument that is overused by people defending more modern games that received hate because of too much change.

I didn't find Dead Space scary for that very reason. I just wasn't intimidated by the enemies because I could just gun them down easily. But to each their own opinion about scariness. Notice that you're also attacking RE4/5's controls, since those are exactly the same as in for example REmake.

About backtracking, a lot of people actually like it. Look at the metroid series. One of the most popular series out there and it's all about backtracking. It just makes it feel more like a world , instead of just a long linear road. I loved the backtracking in RE. I hate it in FF sometimes though *cough* random encounters *cough* Also, Ink ribbons are awesome!! They actually add to the survival element. Checkpoints are one of the worst things that ever happened to RE.

For the record, I love all RE games. (aside from maybe 6, haven't finished it because I couldn't be bothered.
Back to top Go down
DivideByZero
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DivideByZero

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Capcom should just do another "Outbreak" spin-off within the storyline of RE6. Where they can choose characters with one kind of weapon and one item and some kind of special traits. And then those characters are in separate locations minus the waypoints "telling you where to go" as stated by 02viperacr. They could do it with an RE6 style of gameplay but with limited moves.

Hah. This is just my opinion and it can be lame.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:28 pm

@ThomVD

I'm not attacking the old games. I'm simply saying those gameplay mechanics won't translate well into this generation. 

I agree, DS isn't scary. However, that doesn't mean the game isn't atmospheric. Both DS games do a great job of making you feel like you're all alone in space. That immersiveness is what the newer RE games are lacking; not restrictive controls and bad camera angles.

DS is considered to be one of the scariest games in this generation so they must be doing something right.

@DividebyZero

Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? 2i6jtb7
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 am

I would like to add to this conversation that ink ribbons are obsolete. Every single time I end an RE game with ink ribbons I have about 20 of them in my box collecting dust. Unless you save like every 5 minutes they're nothing more than a waste of space.

What we need instead is save points, like we had in RE4. That way you actually know when the game saves and you can do so as you please. One of the little things I don't like in Silent Hill Downpour (as an example) is because you can't save when you want, you need to find a place where the game saves for you.

02viperacr wrote:
no pointer telling you where to go
You can turn that pointer off. Go to the options menu and turn the HUD off. The only thing it affects is that pointer thing.

Mercy wrote:
3DS… a system that still hasn't taken off yet.
I thought it had started doing way better now that it actually has some good games on it? At least the system seems popular among Nintendo and RPG fans.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next