HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?

Go down 
+13
Ghost Leader
charlieRE2
S.Winters
ThomVD
NiteKrawler
Spike991
Sargent D
The Knife
Cyberote
Mass Distraction
chocotricks
Bub537
Monster Mash
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Spike991 wrote:
forget clearing evidence and stopping the spread of infection, clearly it should have been left alone so that everyone could play every new game in the midwestern town known as raccoon city.
Such sarcasm doesn't really suit you, Spike. Neutral
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Yeah, that's my area of expertise.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
forget clearing evidence and stopping the spread of infection, clearly it should have been left alone so that everyone could play every new game in the midwestern town known as raccoon city.
Such sarcasm doesn't really suit you, Spike. Neutral
Too bad, im bringin' it back.

sometimes situations like these call for it, and i do speak it fluently.

Maybe nite should butt in a liitle more with some witticism.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:01 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Yeah, that's my area of expertise.
Yes, for once I finally agree with this egomaniac!

No offense, Nite. Razz

Spike991 wrote:
Too bad, im bringin' it back.

sometimes situations like these call for it, and i do speak it fluently.
Some situations do call for sarcasm, but I disagree that this is one of them. Did it ever occur to you that maybe those people that aren't "over" the Raccoon City incident maybe just enjoy the setting? I still play GTA: Vice City and enjoy the setting and atmosphere, but does GTA IV being out and GTA V being on the horizon mean I should "get over it" and no more games should ever take place in Vice City? Hell no! The RE story can progress however Capcom wants it to, but that doesn't in any way mean games taking place in Raccoon City shouldn't be made anymore. If you don't want any other games to take place there, fair enough. But you're a consumer just like I am and you have the right to choose which games are worthy of your money and which aren't, so simply don't buy ORC if you're tired of Raccoon City.

There's been six God of War games. Should developers put ancient Greece on the blacklist of places where games should never take place?

How about Mario, Sonic, Samus Aran, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and so on? Should the settings of those games be added to said blacklist? There's been about 50,000 different Street Fighter games, yet no one seems to get tired of them. How is Resident Evil any different? Can't I enjoy RE2 as much as others do Mortal Kombat?

See what I'm getting at here, Spike?

I swear, anymore I feel like I have to hide my preference for the original games because it's some kind of sin to not worship RE4 and RE5 as if they were omnipotent deities like the new generation of RE "fans" do. Mad
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:40 pm

You know gl, a lot of things occirred to me, that being one.

i love raccoon, and i love going back to it. im just pointing out how it's still being talked about like there is any chance of it being the pertinent setting anymore. its gone, and unless we get a prequel or flashback, we aint going back.

you dont have to hide preferrences either. lots of people enjoy certain things about certain games in the series. sometimes preferrences do kinda put us in a class sysrem though, apparently. liking only The Originals, or being the neo-re fans that expect certain things from the games, and others....its horrible what the fanbase has turned into, but most of us still manage to coexist, and just last on a forum such as these.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:49 pm

I've just seen some recently gameplay footage of ORC from GameSpot. It isn't helping prove my opinion wrong (which I want it to do). It just looks repetitive and the AI is pretty awful from what I've seen so far. It looks like it could get boring quick.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Bub537 wrote:
I've just seen some recently gameplay footage of ORC from GameSpot. It isn't helping prove my opinion wrong (which I want it to do). It just looks repetitive and the AI is pretty awful from what I've seen so far. It looks like it could get boring quick.
are you serious?

i mean i got into the series big time because of the story most of all.

while most of us veteran fans are completely used to the camera angles at this point, not even an issue, they were annoying and a pain at first. we all got used to them, am i right?

the same concept here, where the visuals, the cutscenes, the sounds, everything we've seen up to this point looks absolutely brilliant. even if the game's gameplay looked like utter shit, which it doesnt, it still deal with it cuz of everything else.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
are you serious?

i mean i got into the series big time because of the story most of all.

while most of us veteran fans are completely used to the camera angles at this point, not even an issue, they were annoying and a pain at first. we all got used to them, am i right?

the same concept here, where the visuals, the cutscenes, the sounds, everything we've seen up to this point looks absolutely brilliant. even if the game's gameplay looked like utter shit, which it doesnt, it still deal with it cuz of everything else.

But the whole camera thing doesn't really apply here since I'm pretty sure this play-style won't be implemented in future main RE titles. I'm an RE fan to the core but sometimes you can't deny a bad game (RE5 for example).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:18 am

RE5 wasn't a bad game. If it was to you, then it is a matter of opinion. To me it was amazing.

Btw. I'm pretty sure they will upgrade the AI on the way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:56 am

ORC looks like the shizz. I think it's meant to be a Multiplayer based game. Anyways, if we all play as a group, I call dibs on Beltway.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 10:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
RE5 wasn't a bad game. If it was to you, then it is a matter of opinion. To me it was amazing.

Btw. I'm pretty sure they will upgrade the AI on the way.

But sometimes you can't act like a game isn't bad. For example that Superman game on 64. No matter how you look at it, that was a horrible game.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:42 am

Superman 64? Yes. RE5? No. I can't believe you subtly compared the two. RE5 consistently brought down great review scores. Superman 64 had extremely repetitive gameplay, broken mechanics, no guide for what to do at all, very boring gameplay and was just a plain disaster. RE5 was a great game, even if you did not like it. Great story, voice work, music, mechanics that worked great, graphics, and it even had one of the best partner AIs games have ever seen, which isn't saying much but still.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:59 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Great...voice work

Thats debatable.

but yeah...re5 being compared to superman, blasphemous.

btw, i really didnt mind that superman game, i kinda liked it. im not going near that aquaman game though.

@bub, the cameras were never supposed to apply, they were supposed to be analogous.

camera angles are equal to orc's, at least as you suspect to be, bad gameplay.

the story and all is still there, that's my point. if we could get through it before despite whatever adversities the camera or gameplay worked, i expect we can do it again. dont you know history repeats itself.
Back to top Go down
iNFiN1TY
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
iNFiN1TY

Playstation Network INFIN1TY-MiKe

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:11 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Slant Six didn't make SOCOM, Zipper Interactive did. Yes, Slant Six developed SOCOM: Confrontation, but only because Zipper Interactive contracted them to while they focused on SOCOM 4. I've explained this to you people before.

Now with that said, the Raccoon City incident won't be totally played out until RE2, 3, and CVX get remade in proper form like REmake. After that, it'll then be played out and Capcom can devote the RE franchise entirely to the casual crowd if they want to.

Amen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.consolewizard.nl
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:33 pm

iNFiN1TY wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Slant Six didn't make SOCOM, Zipper Interactive did. Yes, Slant Six developed SOCOM: Confrontation, but only because Zipper Interactive contracted them to while they focused on SOCOM 4. I've explained this to you people before.

Now with that said, the Raccoon City incident won't be totally played out until RE2, 3, and CVX get remade in proper form like REmake. After that, it'll then be played out and Capcom can devote the RE franchise entirely to the casual crowd if they want to.

Amen.
One word posts blow.

ive pretty much given my stance on the remake situation...dont know that i have anything to add to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4