Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Operation Racoon City? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Operation Racoon City? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Operation Racoon City? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Operation Racoon City? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Operation Racoon City? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Operation Racoon City? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Operation Racoon City? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Operation Racoon City?

Go down 
+2
ThomVD
TheMercenary
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheMercenary
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
TheMercenary

Operation Racoon City? Empty
PostSubject: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:51 am

Whats up with this new Resident Evil? Did it really happen while the events of the Raccoon City Incident occurred?

Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:00 am

No. This game is not canon. It's an "What if" scenario. It would be strange if it was canon because you'll get the chance to kill Leon.

And off-topic: I've got the feeling that nobody uses the introduction section anymore.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:40 am

It does take place during the Raccoon City incident but is it actually part of the official storyline? We are not sure yet. It may partly be.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:43 am

No, It's officially not canon.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:46 am

Ah. Do you have a link?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:49 am

I've read it somewhere in a interview with slant-six. I will look it up.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:55 am

Maybe parts of it will be canon and some parts won't.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 am

Now I'm confused. I'm absolutely sure I saw an interview on youtube with slant-six and they said the game is a what-if scenario instead of a canon game, but heres some other info: http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city/preview/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-hands-on-preview/a-2011041118435013032/g-2011032911267547088

Apparently you can choose to go the canon way through or kill Leon and change the storyline.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:41 am

ThomVD wrote:
Now I'm confused. I'm absolutely sure I saw an interview on youtube with slant-six and they said the game is a what-if scenario instead of a canon game, but heres some other info: http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city/preview/resident-evil-operation-raccoon-city-hands-on-preview/a-2011041118435013032/g-2011032911267547088

Apparently you can choose to go the canon way through or kill Leon and change the storyline.
Oh, sweet! I was wondering if it would be like that. Adds replay value. I wonder what other choices you can make in this game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:48 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Oh, sweet! I was wondering if it would be like that. Adds replay value. I wonder what other choices you can make in this game.

That's gonna be a hard choice. Or go through the canon why and not kill Leon, or have the pleasure to kill Leon (I really want too lol) and go through the non-canon way. There is no way I'm gonna kill Claire though if I get the choice.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:51 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

That's gonna be a hard choice. Or go through the canon why and not kill Leon, or have the pleasure to kill Leon (I really want too lol) and go through the non-canon way. There is no way I'm gonna kill Claire though if I get the choice.
I would like to know if Jill, too, is on the hitlist. She WAS in Racoon that day.

Oh, btw, I sent you a PM.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:52 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

I would like to know if Jill, too, is on the hitlist. She WAS in Racoon that day.

I would never kill Jill either. And maybe Carlos is in the game then too.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:40 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Oh yeah, of course! It's just that they never mentioned the UBCS that I'm not sure if they are in the game. Well, thay wouldn't be the enemy as they both work for Umbrella, right? Except Carlos, of course, who is on Jill's side.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Oh yeah, of course! It's just that they never mentioned the UBCS that I'm not sure if they are in the game. Well, thay wouldn't be the enemy as they both work for Umbrella, right? Except Carlos, of course, who is on Jill's side.

We'll see Very Happy ! Can't wait for the game. When will it be released?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:49 am

ThomVD wrote:
The current release date is just winter 2011. I also read somewhere that there's going to be stuff from RE3 too.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:51 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
The current release date is just winter 2011. I also read somewhere that there's going to be stuff from RE3 too.

Ok thanks, maybe if I get it for the ps3 we can play co-op.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:52 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Oh, that'd be awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

A really pointless off topic fact: We are both rank up! I'm cerberus now and you are Nemmy Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:00 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

A really pointless off topic fact: We are both rank up! I'm cerberus now and you are Nemmy Very Happy .
Lookit that! *high five*

Hmm... That made me think if Nemesis will appear in the game.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:01 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Lookit that! *high five*

Hmm... That made me think if Nemesis will appear in the game.

That would be really badass!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:16 am

Ooh, this was interesting: http://www.oxm.co.uk/27124/new-resident-evil-is-a-shooter-first-horror-game-second-capcom/

Maybe this was the quote you were looking for, Thom?

"The horror games can be pursued in the numbered titles. However, in a different universe in the Resident Evil world, there should be more challenge, there should be something else that I can do." -the games' producer, Masachika Kawata

This also gives hope to the future of Resident Evil, along with the statement from Christian Svensson that RE6 will not be a reboot on the story side and will be something "ambitious".
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:22 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ooh, this was interesting: http://www.oxm.co.uk/27124/new-resident-evil-is-a-shooter-first-horror-game-second-capcom/

Maybe this was the quote you were looking for, Thom?

"The horror games can be pursued in the numbered titles. However, in a different universe in the Resident Evil world, there should be more challenge, there should be something else that I can do." -the games' producer, Masachika Kawata

This also gives hope to the future of Resident Evil, along with the statement from Christian Svensson that RE6 will not be a reboot on the story side and will be something "ambitious".

Awesome!! There is still hope for the old style gameplay to come back.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:20 pm

I personally think that this game will be a miserable fail as it completly ignores the original Resi titles. Its all about action instead of survival, more about all guns blazing instead of being smart with ammo. On top of that there is also a ability that lets you control a zombies mind. Why would you want to do that, its completly unnecesary and ridiculous. I will still buy this game but it won't be the best game ever. If some of you thought that RE4 ruined the series, well think again. If it is cannon then it would make even less sense.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:25 pm

HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
I personally think that this game will be a miserable fail as it completly ignores the original Resi titles. Its all about action instead of survival, more about all guns blazing instead of being smart with ammo. On top of that there is also a ability that lets you control a zombies mind. Why would you want to do that, its completly unnecesary and ridiculous. I will still buy this game but it won't be the best game ever. If some of you thought that RE4 ruined the series, well think again. If it is cannon then it would make even less sense.
Well, I for one am totally excited about this game. Read the articles linked to on these pages plus mine and Thom's conversation. It's just a spinoff but you can take the canon route if you want. Mostly it's a "what if" scenario. ORC won't ruin the series much like RE4 didn't either. This will be a fun addition.
Back to top Go down
HUNK'syouruncle
Zombie
Zombie
HUNK'syouruncle

Playstation Network h1432nic

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
HUNK'syouruncle wrote:
Well, I for one am totally excited about this game. Read the articles linked to on these pages plus mine and Thom's conversation. It's just a spinoff but you can take the canon route if you want. Mostly it's a "what if" scenario. ORC won't ruin the series much like RE4 didn't either. This will be a fun addition.

Maybe... maybe not, but i will wait till i read some reviews before i bolt to the store
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Racoon City?   Operation Racoon City? Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation Racoon City?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next