HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?

Go down 
+13
Ghost Leader
charlieRE2
S.Winters
ThomVD
NiteKrawler
Spike991
Sargent D
The Knife
Cyberote
Mass Distraction
chocotricks
Bub537
Monster Mash
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

Playstation Network L4Mll

Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:10 pm

I think why most people like the raccoon city thing i due to it being a big city their is plenty of playability in it take the new resi game which is revolved around the city.

I'm a huge fan of raccoon city i think anything can work and i dont think ill ever be over it anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:08 am

L4Mll wrote:
I'm a huge fan of raccoon city i think anything can work and i dont think ill ever be over it anytime soon.

well i hate to be a pessimist....while i dig your optimism, not just anything will work i assure you.

i do love raccoon though.
Back to top Go down
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:21 am

Spike991 wrote:
L4Mll wrote:

well i hate to be a pessimist....while i dig your optimism, not just anything will work i assure you.

i do love raccoon though.

I dont know why but ever since i played the very first game i was hooked on raccoon city however upto 4 and 5 they kind of ruined it for me after these 2 titles where released i did in fact miss the old raccoon city the good thing is because they never returned between 4 and 5 now we get to go back to the infamous sweet spot of zombie madness i must say im bloody looking forward to it ehehehe !.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:34 pm

L4Mll wrote:
I dont know why but ever since i played the very first game i was hooked on raccoon city however upto 4 and 5 they kind of ruined it for me after these 2 titles where released i did in fact miss the old raccoon city the good thing is because they never returned between 4 and 5 now we get to go back to the infamous sweet spot of zombie madness i must say im bloody looking forward to it ehehehe !.
There's only so much you can do with one setting. In my opinion the new games, especially 5, furthered the story pretty well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
L4Mll wrote:
There's only so much you can do with one setting. In my opinion the new games, especially 5, furthered the story pretty well.

Yeah man i agree Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
L4Mll wrote:

high five mass. excellent point.

otherwise, L4MII, i feel like i just has this ridiculous debate, really recently, but just for shits and giggles, why did re4 ruin 'it' for you?
Back to top Go down
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
L4Mll wrote:

high five mass. excellent point.

otherwise, L4MII, i feel like i just has this ridiculous debate, really recently, but just for shits and giggles, why did re4 ruin 'it' for you?

Resi 4 was a good game dude it was solid i did love it WHAT YA BUYIN STRANGER !

But i dont know why but it ust enver felt like a resident evil to me like resi 1 ad resi 2 back ages ago whe i used to play the first game it used to be not as much scary but really deep where it took you into it Wink it gave me the true feeling of raccoon city but overall the mansion was amazing i loved it.

Maybe the reason is the first games had that dark feeling along with the game itself worrying about how much ammo you had or if you missed something somewhere the game was just wonderful for me.

Sorry pal im shit faced.

But you know what i mean ? resi 4 and 5 just never had what 1 and 2 had Wink.

Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:09 pm

I love that ORC is going back to raccoon city so we can explore it more.
But I do agree that even though I love RC, I do think its getting stale.
I third Mass's point, I love how RE is going global because it just means that the bio organic weapons are being used on a world wide scale and soon the whole world will need to fight to survive such a disaster meaning Capcom will have plenty of room for ideas and new locations.
I think they should move to another city in one of there future games though,
Like maybe travelling to silent hill to show them how STARS deal with the darkness Wink

*just joking Razz *
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:24 am

L4Mll wrote:

But i dont know why but it ust enver felt like a resident evil to me like resi 1 ad resi 2 back ages ago whe i used to play the first game it used to be not as much scary but really deep where it took you into it Wink it gave me the true feeling of raccoon city but overall the mansion was amazing i loved it.

Maybe the reason is the first games had that dark feeling along with the game itself worrying about how much ammo you had or if you missed something somewhere the game was just wonderful for me.

Sorry pal im shit faced.

Re5 i could agree with on parts, lots of parts.

re4 on the other hand always felt like re.

i guarantee everyone had a good time playing their first run. the controls are familiarly the same, but a new camera. the setting being set up with the creepy atmoshere and music, all in the opening scene.

not to mention once you take control and encounter your first ganado.

people tend to forget all the good shit and just think about all the stupid ass bs that re4 gets. all the bitching and complaining for re4 and the perpetual praise for the ''CLASSICS''(re1, re2 and re3 especially) gets really fucking annoying, and starts to make everybody get in that shitty mindset.
Back to top Go down
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:15 pm

Spike991 wrote:
L4Mll wrote:

Sorry pal im shit faced.

i guarantee everyone had a good time playing their first run. the controls are familiarly the same, but a new camera. the setting being set up with the creepy atmoshere and music, all in the opening scene.

people tend to forget all the good shit and just think about all the stupid ass bs that re4 gets. all the bitching and complaining for re4 and the perpetual praise for the ''CLASSICS''(re1, re2 and re3 especially) gets really fucking annoying, and starts to make everybody get in that shitty mindset.

oh

Well i dont hate RE4 or RE5 i got the platinum for RE5 i enjoyed them but what i tried to say is they just dont carry what the classics had just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:48 pm

Spike991 wrote:

I praise the classics like some sort of RE gospel, but I also love the new games.
I still remember my first run for RE4 I got the special edition and was dying to get home but the traffic on the bus was unforgivable and took forever. When I got home I went straight for the ps2 and played RE4 until I couldnt keep my eyes open anymore, loved it !
I did feel it strayed form the originals but was new and exciting and not a fail from Capcom.
Oh man I panicked when I first encountered the ganado and after killing it being hunted down by a further 3 more. It dropped you into the deep end at the start because everything was new and you hadn't dealt with enemies like this in previous RE games and it was actually terrifying.
Another part was when you reach the village centre and have to battle A LOT of ganado's.
Then you think your safe inside the house and then hear a chainsaw and a mad man is running at you weilding a chainsaw with a sack on his head.
Really needed some new pants after the first 10 minutes of gameplay and from then on I loved every second of the game Smile
It is resident evil at the end of the day, no matter what type of game it is I will still love it.

I think the only reason people get annoyed and flame RE4 is not because they hated it, its just because of the RE4 fanboys that take over the series and think RE4 is the best and the first RE and all the older ones are shit.
I hate newbies like that. They are mega frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:06 pm

that experience you described from your first run is what im talking about. i loved it too.

re3 strayed quite a bit too. but did anybody bitch about that...uh, uh, no.

btw, just want to point out, re1 showed us the t-virus, re2 introduced G, re3 gave us the Nemesis parasite, CVX gave us T-Veronica, re4 gave is Las Plagas, re5 had Uroboros....seeing a pattern?

i mean there are so many things about re4 that get hate for no good reason. ive always said that it didnt stray too far, not that its exactly the same as re1.

thats very true.

and your right mcghie, the re4 fanboys sure didnt help, they made re4 super easy to hate.

so a bunch of fuckers complain, a lot more catch on, then it gets to the point where liking re4 makes you an inferior fan.

god forbid you consider re4 the best game in the series...GASP!

@L4MII, carry what?

i love how you segregatenre4 and re5 into their own category, while i guess everything pre-re4 is greatness,

i get that you still enjoyed them...i guess just the unecessary hate, for ignorant reasons for re4 is just.....
Back to top Go down
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:42 pm

I do not wish to separate the titles they where all great.

Not sure if you agree but for me im more of a raccoon city nut Razz.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:21 pm

L4Mll wrote:

they were all great.

the first re game i played and was met with tons of dissapointment was UC....before that, i never had such.....dissapointment, each game i played was just another great entry to the series and story.

i love raccoon, but its over with. little throwbacks like the chronicles games, and orc, are fun, but the series has moved on from that setting of raccoon.

and its opened many doors with the whole black market terrorism thing.

i just want to make sure everyone remembers all the good shit from something like an re4, before they give a possibly ignorant opinion.
Back to top Go down
L4Mll
Cerberus
Cerberus
L4Mll

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Spike991 wrote:
L4Mll wrote:

they were all great.

the first re game i played and was met with tons of dissapointment was UC....before that, i never had such.....dissapointment, each game i played was just another great entry to the series and story.

i love raccoon, but its over with. little throwbacks like the chronicles games, and orc, are fun, but the series has moved on from that setting of raccoon.

and its opened many doors with the whole black market terrorism thing.

i just want to make sure everyone remembers all the good shit from something like an re4, before they give a possibly ignorant opinion.

Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 am

RE5 was closer to the older games story-wise, RE4 was closer to the older games because of its setup and gameplay.

I'm really hoping sometime that they can do another game in the style of ORC, but focusing on Kijuju. After all, the game ended with the country still overrun with majini.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:25 am

Monster Mash wrote:
RE5 was closer to the older games story-wise, RE4 was closer to the older games because of its setup and gameplay.

I'm really hoping sometime that they can do another game in the style of ORC, but focusing on Kijuju. After all, the game ended with the country still overrun with majini.
I'm in for that if it has Holiday Sugarman and Mina Ghere as playable characters.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:26 am

Monster Mash wrote:

Well yeah....no one can deny that re4's story was a bit, irrelevant, but what was going on behind the scenes with ada and the organization was extremely pertinent to the story.

in fact, it goes right back to re2 and cvx's behind the scenes, involving the organization and ada or wesker.

whether it's g, t-veronica, or las plagas, that is another spot generally overlooked.

re5's story was pretty great....things like sheva really holding it back....*sigh*

but i guess your statement makes sense overall.

not sure about that other idea though, better take a night to sleep on that.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:

I'm in for that if it has Holiday Sugarman and Mina Ghere as playable characters.

Those are characters from the comics, right? That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:35 am

Spike991 wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:

Well yeah....no one can deny that re4's story was a bit, irrelevant, but what was going on behind the scenes with ada and the organization was extremely pertinent to the story.

in fact, it goes right back to re2 and cvx's behind the scenes, involving the organization and ada or wesker.

whether it's g, t-veronica, or las plagas, that is another spot generally overlooked.

re5's story was pretty great....things like sheva really holding it back....*sigh*

but i guess your statement makes sense overall.

not sure about that other idea though, better take a night to sleep on that.

RE4's behind the scenes events were crucial, but like some people have said, you change the names of the characters and remove the few minutes of references to Wesker and Umbrella, and it wouldn't have been an RE game at all. I actually kind of liked that about the game, as it was a welcome change from the usual "omg t-virus outbreak!" storyline. RE5 had a good storyline, although about halfway through, it seemed to go from a pretty epic narrative about bioterrorism and geopolitics to the usual "gotta get Wesker."

And I wouldn't want the follow up game that I'm proposing to come out immediately (I'll call it Operation: Kijuju). Give it about three years, and then Capcom should make it kickass.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 am

Double post? You should know better.

Monster Mash wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Monster Mash wrote:

Those are characters from the comics, right? That would be cool.
Yeah. I really liked them, especially Holiday.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:04 pm

you could use that same logic with pretty much any re game though, change this and that.

you could change the names of characters and other shit in something like re2, and sell it as something different.

well anyway, even forgetting about that, and considering that you did appreciate re4, does there always have to be some extra bit.

there werent enough referrences? we gotta pick at that. re4 had plenty of puzzles, but even something like that comes into question, which makes me think, why should capcom even try to put puzzles in there, if a bunch of idiots are just gonna say it doesnt have any.
Back to top Go down
LeonSGatti
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:00 pm

i wish they never nuked the city, i loved the whole outbreak and everything
but then again maybe its just the nostalgia of my childhood speaking lol
ps im new to this forum so hi all!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:05 pm

They had to. You know, the zombie outbreak and clearing of evidence 'n' all.

You should make an intro in the Introductions section and tell us a little 'bout yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:26 pm

forget clearing evidence and stopping the spread of infection, clearly it should have been left alone so that everyone could play every new game in the midwestern town known as raccoon city.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?   Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one who's over the Racoon City incident?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next