HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)

Go down 
+27
Fat_Albert_Wesker
Sise-Neg
Trichos
HUNK420
PAULSAMSON
ChrisSherry
ChickenHeart
Ultimate Bio-Weapon
JamTyrantH
ThomVD
spawn
Sargent D
RaviorStygian
iNFiN1TY
Andrew
WESKER2893
Godzilla90s
Liz Shepherd
Mass Distraction
Regenerator
Jadice
Ghost Leader
duralumin
charlieRE2
Spike991
Kytte
Soul
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iNFiN1TY
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
iNFiN1TY

Playstation Network INFIN1TY-MiKe

Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:26 am

The remake on the gamecube! (we should go back to that type or RE) plus RE2 & 3 where good for me to! nemisis chasing you around.. good times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.consolewizard.nl
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:52 am

iNFiN1TY wrote:
The remake on the gamecube! (we should go back to that type or RE)
If Revelations is any indication of the new direction of RE we just might get that with RE6.

Also a guy from the development team has stated they want to make a "brutally scary" game with the future installment. I'm too tired to actually start searching for the quote so you'll just have to take my word for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
iNFiN1TY
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
iNFiN1TY

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:14 am

I heard it, but i dont believe them!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:29 am

Way to be pessimistic. Revelations is looking like a pretty good example of a good RE game.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:39 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Way to be pessimistic. Revelations is looking like a pretty good example of a good RE game.
Which is essentially every RE game. Razz

I'm not sure if I've said this already, but I find that 3 is the scariest because of it's difficulty, and because of Nemesis.

The rest of them are pretty tame in legitimate scariness.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:50 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Which is essentially every RE game. Razz

I'm not sure if I've said this already, but I find that 3 is the scariest because of it's difficulty, and because of Nemesis.

The rest of them are pretty tame in legitimate scariness.
Couldn't agree with you more.

Nemesis scared the crap out of me as a kid.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah the first time he jumped through that window I actually yelled. I'll probably yell the next time I play it again. It's that good. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:05 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Yeah the first time he jumped through that window I actually yelled. I'll probably yell the next time I play it again. It's that good. Surprised
The cutscene when he facerapes Brad... It has haunted me ever since.
Back to top Go down
iNFiN1TY
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
iNFiN1TY

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Zero had some scary parts to imo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:56 pm

REmake was the creepiest for me. affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Yeah, definately got to be the REmake. I got it for my 12th birthday, freaked out after I encountered the first zombie, shut the console off and didn't play it again for like a week haha. It was my first zombie game ever though so gimme a break lol.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:44 am

Yeah, Remake for me too.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 8:34 pm

i think survivor was the scariest because it was a different type of game and you had to fight mr x pretty frquent in tight spaces. it was really scary when i was a kid anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Bio-Weapon
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Ultimate Bio-Weapon

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:06 pm

The scariest Resident Evil game for was probably, RESIDENT EVIL (Remake).

Reason being was that it had a very dark 'Survival Horror' atmosphere to it, and although being in a big mansion there were definitely elements of claustrophobia, especially in the underground parts. Also things like the Crimson heads, Neptune, Lisa Trevor, and of course the classic Tyrant, all these elements always kept my heart pounding throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:09 am

I find it hard to believe that people can say none of the games were scary to them. I don't know maybe it's because I grew up playing Mario and Sonic as a kid. Sure you had your "scary" games like Castlevania but Resident Evil was nothing you could expect. You see I was around 11 or 12 years old with a brand new PS1. I was enoying all the sweet games like Coolboarders and Crash Bandicoot. Then my older brothers buy Resident Evil and it proceeds to scare the crap out of me. It was some pretty intense stuff at the time.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:31 am

I think the point is exactly that. Most of the games were scary back then. Back when we all were still kids. At this point in life they're just fun to play bot nowhere near to be scary.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am

I must say in RE3, Nemesis use to scare me as a kid. So there's that...
then now in RE4 there is the Regenerator, Dr. Salvador (Chainsaw men), Garrador and Verdugo. Which they got me a few select times. You have to admit when you hear a Chainsaw start up and you don't see it, you freak out for a second. (Same goes for RE5 with the chainsaw men.) lol

So I'm going to say
Older scary-ish RE game: RE3
Newer scary-ish RE game: RE4

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:46 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
You have to admit when you hear a Chainsaw start up and you don't see it, you freak out for a second. (Same goes for RE5 with the chainsaw men.) lol

I freaked out for an hour, haha
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:51 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
You have to admit when you hear a Chainsaw start up and you don't see it, you freak out for a second. (Same goes for RE5 with the chainsaw men.) lol

See! at least you admit it cheers lol
Back to top Go down
HUNK420
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
HUNK420

Playstation Network cynical420

PostSubject: not 4 or 5    Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 6:04 pm

RE 1 scared the shit out of me but i first played it when i was nine , hunters scary as shit especially after u realize they can one hit kill u i dont know how many time i played through without saving to get the unlimited launcher and got killed by the fukn hunters!!!!! and RE4 and 5 wernt scary at all they were 2easy plenty of ammo and the abity to aim ruined it see the thing about the old REs is the riiculouse control and how easy it was to fuck shooting somethind up oh the terror...... although crimson heads and giant sharks scary as fuck in remake and lets not forget steve ha ha
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:20 am

Difficult controls shouldn't be the key for a challenging game. It's all about the balancing.

Besides, RE1 & 2 were way easier than 4 and 5.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:34 pm

spawn wrote:
Yeah, definately got to be the REmake. I got it for my 12th birthday, freaked out after I encountered the first zombie, shut the console off and didn't play it again for like a week haha. It was my first zombie game ever though so gimme a break lol.
Haha, I was just like that, only that I re-started the game, like, ten times. I wanted to hear the "Resident Eeeeeevil", watch the intro, encounter the first zombie – and then re-start and do it all over again.

So, yeah, deffinitely REmake.
Back to top Go down
Sise-Neg
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Sise-Neg

Playstation Network Sise-Neg

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:16 pm

When I first played Resident Evil 2 when I just turned 8 years old I shut off the game after the licker fell down from the ceiling.

I got over it later and could play RE2 just fine. But then Nemesis scared me even worse when I played RE3 when I was 10.
Back to top Go down
http://www.legendoflegaia.net
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:14 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:

See! at least you admit it cheers lol

Yayz!

I'm glad you got a brain and common sense CS.

@Tri, and to open the front door to let a Cerberus loose in the main hall.
Back to top Go down
Fat_Albert_Wesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:24 am

Definitely thought that the first Resident Evil (IIRC) for the PS1 was scary as hell at the time that I played it.. It was just suspenseful, what with the choppy controls, slow movement and lack of ammunition.. I wasn't sure if I was going to get eaten or not. From what I remember, as soon as I started playing I walked into a building by some burning cars, talked to some shop owner (who had his flesh ripped apart moments later) and can't remember what happened after that.. But at the time I was young and new to it all.

To be honest, the shitty graphics actually made it all look creepier, if anyone could understand. They looked more mysterious, as if my mind was putting it's own creepy ideas into the fuzzy ambiguous pixelated figures that simply walked into characters and made them disappear or fall to the floor in a mangled blob of bloody peach pixels.. and that cheesy scream.. Ahh, how I yearn for all of that.. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next