Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The scariest RE game EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The scariest RE game EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The scariest RE game EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The scariest RE game EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The scariest RE game EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The scariest RE game EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The scariest RE game EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The scariest RE game EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The scariest RE game EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The scariest RE game

Go down 
+18
Nobudy
hunter destroyer
Ghost Leader
Ssplain
will1234562
Lightning Count
Zombie_Military_Police
pacdredogg
Albert Wesker
Cyberote
Spike991
Sargent D
biggebruv
Resident4Rising
The Knife
Mass Distraction
ThomVD
Bub537
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

The scariest RE game Empty
PostSubject: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:41 am

It seems like a relatively simple topic but I don't think it's ever been really settled. What is the scariest game in the RE franchise? Cite reasons why you believe the title you chose is the scariest. I have to say 3: Nemesis because it completely changed how to played an RE game. You never sat in one area for too long due to fear that Nemesis might possibly show up. I like how a lot of his appearances were unscripted and random that way it was hard to predict when he might show up so you just had to assume he was around.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:43 am

http://www.residentevilforums.net/t672-scariest-re-game-personal-opinion?highlight=scariest

I think REmake and RE1 were the only scary RE games.

RE4 and 5 tied for the least scary.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:48 am

RE 0-CVX as a whole all had their fair share of scary moments. I think Resident Evil 4 was the very last RE game have any element of horror.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:51 am

I've said it before and I'm going to say it again: I wasn't scared a single moment in RE4. Not even the regenerators.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 am

ThomVD wrote:
I've said it before and I'm going to say it again: I wasn't scared a single moment in RE4. Not even the regenerators.

You may not have been scared by them but they were definitely meant to get a fearful reaction out of players. What I'm saying was they were actually trying to scare players where as in RE5 they made no attempt.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Yea, I can agree with that. In RE4 they tried to be scary and failed, and in RE5 they didn't even try.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:28 pm

I think some players were scared of the Regenerators/Iron Maidens. I for one was haha. Especially the music that accompanied them.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:58 am

I was scared in some parts of RE4, no lie.

In RE5 it was better for them to not even try than try and fail.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:38 pm

I found the good doctor (chainsaw man) rather scary. I found Oven Man scary. I found the castle creepy.
Back to top Go down
Resident4Rising
User BANNED
User BANNED
Resident4Rising

Playstation Network isuckpenises

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 am

Hmm Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, wow that was scary, I actully screamed, Nemesis just came from nowhere, wow that was scary, and the others are scary as well, but you never kno where Nemesis is coming from, all you hear is ' S.T.A.RS.! ', oh, one of the best bosses of all time!.
Back to top Go down
biggebruv
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Im currently doing a replay of all since getting RE4HD
and i found the regenerators scary just how they move,the music,setting genuinely creepy but thats probley about it for resi 4

CVX has a great amount of jump scares like the underground prison zombie doctor who runs at you lol the zombie who comes out of the torture chamber + the heartbeating doors sound great with a full surround sound system with subwoofers which i have Very Happy
i forgot how much creepy stuff was in CVX the castle aswell was creepy excellent music in that game.

RE3 still has a charm and nemesis still can make me proper jump 11 years later lol especially when he shows up in the newspaper building upstairs i almost screamed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:06 pm

I would have to go with REmake, just the atmosphere and the creepy music got at me when I first played that game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:16 pm

I liked the cheap scares in RE2. Zombies arms popping out of the barricaded walls.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:48 am

biggebruv wrote:
the heartbeating doors sound great with a full surround sound system with subwoofers which i have Very Happy
Outbreak had that too, if I remember correctly.

Spike991 wrote:
I liked the cheap scares in RE2. Zombies arms popping out of the barricaded walls.
That gets me every time. I always tend to avoid the windows in that part, even in points where it's not supposed to happen.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:06 am

The licker that jumps through the Magic Mirror made me poo. Shame it was so obvious, considering the camera is facing the mirror.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:41 pm

The Knife wrote:
The licker that jumps through the Magic Mirror made me poo. Shame it was so obvious, considering the camera is facing the mirror.

I think the entire setup to that scene itself is creepy too. Especially when you examine it and it goes "a magic mirror". Plus dead silence does NOT help make the situation any less tense. Any time there is silence in an RE game I get really nervous.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 5:40 pm

They all have their scary moments. RE1 and the "poptart" Crimson Heads, RE2 with the magic mirror Licker, RE3 with Nemesis, CV with those damn naked weinerless zombies, RE4 with the Regenerators, RE5 with the... nevermind.

I find REmake to be the scariest. I just love the whole mansion thing. Mansions have always creeped me out ever since I watched my dad play RE1 all those years ago on the PlayStation. The atmosphere can be nerve-racking for a 4 year old. Hell it STILL freaks me out when I'm 18!
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:30 am

Yeah, REmake is by far the scariest.
Back to top Go down
Albert Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Albert Wesker

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:04 pm

I also say REmake.
Back to top Go down
pacdredogg
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
pacdredogg

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 am

Resident Evil, Classic & Remake. Specially the remake and specially if you never heard about RE series at all and this is the first time you playing it. I think it's the scariest because you don't know what is going on in this mansion. Everything is mystery and you want answers. Who's mansion is this? Who lives here? Or used to live here. Why are dead, flesh eating people walking around the house? Chris's scenario is lot scarier than Jill's, because when you comeback to the main hall after encountering the first zombie, Wesker and Jill are just vanished. At that point I thought that something supernatural has to do with this mansion. I mean it's haunted, possessed, cursed or whatever. Because I would never thought that Wesker was the traitor and he's the one who kidnapped Jill. But then when you find out the everything has logical explanation and that Biohazard virus broke out, it's not scary at all. Rest of RE games are just jump scares.
Back to top Go down
Zombie_Military_Police
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Zombie_Military_Police

Playstation Network King_Snake89

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Mr.X crashing through the wall in the police station in RE2 definetly made me pucker.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 am

Zombie_Military_Police wrote:
Mr.X crashing through the wall in the police station in RE2 definetly made me pucker.
First time playing RE2 I almost stopped right there Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lightning Count
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lightning Count

Playstation Network LightningCamaro

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 3:58 am

REmake, first encounter with a Crimson Head and the Hunters were definitely scary.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:11 am

REmake, hands down.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 6:33 pm

RE3 Nemesis takes the cake for me. Im actually going to purchase a copy of it soon as I finish replaying RE2. My old copy is long gone Mad

Me and Nemnem go way back.. arguing... fighting... but we are both better people for it really I think.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The scariest RE game   The scariest RE game Empty

Back to top Go down

The scariest RE game
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next