HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Your personal scariest experiences EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Your personal scariest experiences EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Your personal scariest experiences EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Your personal scariest experiences EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Your personal scariest experiences EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Your personal scariest experiences EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Your personal scariest experiences EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Your personal scariest experiences EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Your personal scariest experiences EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Your personal scariest experiences

Go down 
+7
Sise-Neg
Methsia
Sargent D
ChickenHeart
Spike991
Mass Distraction
Bub537
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

Your personal scariest experiences Empty
PostSubject: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 pm

I've seen plenty of threads talking about what RE game is the scariest and whatnot but I've never seen one where a particular moment in one of the games scared them. A few moments I can think off for me personal are when you finally reach the training facility in RE0 and go down that side hallway to the bathroom and the leech man comes out. The scariest part for me was how he could come out of the bathroom and lurked that particular hallway. I spent a lot of RE0 just avoiding going back to that hallway whenever I could haha. Another moment is in RE4 when you finally get through the first installation on the island and you are on your way to save Ashley from that holding cell and as you're walking down the hallway you hear this..

The sound you hear at 3:12 made me jump hard and made my heart stop. Just the fact that it triggers that singular part and not the entire track just creeped me out bad.

The last notable part I can think of is after Nemesis jumps through the window in the police department in RE3 and continues to chase you out of the building shook me to my core. The fact that a monster could chase you down at such a high speed from room to room and gain on you was the epitome of fear for me. You knew once you entered the frame where the door you had previously came from was out of sight you knew to run. Those are just a few of my personal moments. What are yours?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:46 pm

I used to be scared of the dogs in any RE. Everytime I saw a part which obviously would trigger a dog attack or just by hearing their claws tap on the floor/ground would make me get on my toes. Now they're only a minor obstacle to me. That still traumatized me enough to hate all dog type enemies in every action/horror game.

The cutscene with Brad in RE3 where Nemesis suddenly jumps to the scene and does his thing. That image literally burned into my mind. *shudder*

For some reason those are the only actually scary moments I've had with any RE besides 4 if you don't count the regular jumps. That, or I'm too traumatized to remember them.

I mentioned RE4 so let's go with that. When you play as Ashley in the dungeon with the Armaduras and solve the puzzle thus triggering the creatures to come alive I just had to pause the game on my first playthrough. Hearing them slowly approaching the door made me go in all out panic mode. Pretty much the same thing with the first Regenerator, I just panicked and shot the thing numerous times with my magnum. What I learned from my first encounter was that those things actually die if you put enough force to it. I'm still scared of them, though. I also remember the horrible moment when I shot one down and it swam through the land to bite my neck.

Almost forgot the last thing... There has actually been one single time I shut down the console in horror: when I first played Survivor. When you initially start the game and go investigate the dead guy on the ground, there's a cutscene when you see something approaching you by it's point of view. Then, when the view changes back to Ark, he turns around and there's a zombie right in your face I started screaming and punched the power button on the PS1. Oh, good times. Gotta go play that game again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I used to be scared of the dogs in any RE. Everytime I saw a part which obviously would trigger a dog attack or just by hearing their claws tap on the floor/ground would make me get on my toes. Now they're only a minor obstacle to me. That still traumatized me enough to hate all dog type enemies in every action/horror game.

The cutscene with Brad in RE3 where Nemesis suddenly jumps to the scene and does his thing. That image literally burned into my mind. *shudder*

For some reason those are the only actually scary moments I've had with any RE besides 4 if you don't count the regular jumps. That, or I'm too traumatized to remember them.

I mentioned RE4 so let's go with that. When you play as Ashley in the dungeon with the Armaduras and solve the puzzle thus triggering the creatures to come alive I just had to pause the game on my first playthrough. Hearing them slowly approaching the door made me go in all out panic mode. Pretty much the same thing with the first Regenerator, I just panicked and shot the thing numerous times with my magnum. What I learned from my first encounter was that those things actually die if you put enough force to it. I'm still scared of them, though. I also remember the horrible moment when I shot one down and it swam through the land to bite my neck.

Almost forgot the last thing... There has actually been one single time I shut down the console in horror: when I first played Survivor. When you initially start the game and go investigate the dead guy on the ground, there's a cutscene when you see something approaching you by it's point of view. Then, when the view changes back to Ark, he turns around and there's a zombie right in your face I started screaming and punched the power button on the PS1. Oh, good times. Gotta go play that game again.

I just luv your entire post. Very Happy

I've never had any of those experiences with RE... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

You're just such a badass
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 3:02 pm

I use to be afraid of the zombies at the begining of RE0...but then again I was in first grade.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:37 am

Resident Evil Remake.

Everything about it. Everything.. The runners, the zombies.
The dogs. EVERYTHING.. D:
Back to top Go down
Sise-Neg
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Sise-Neg

Playstation Network Sise-Neg

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:55 am

When the Licker was introduced in RE2. Played it when I just turned 8 and I had not been allowed to watch scary movies previously so that instilled fear in me and I had to watch my uncle play.

Then in RE3 when I ran out of the newspaper office after Nemesis appeared and I thought I was safe. So after Carlos ran off I tried following him and Nemesis out of nowhere jumped out the newspaper office window above and landed right in front of me. Startled me quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.legendoflegaia.net
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:09 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

You're just such a badass

I wish I wasn't, so that I could enjoy the games in that kinda way... Sad
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:37 pm

When I first played the demo disk for Resident Evil 3: Nemisis and I had finally gotten to the RPD. I had this feeling that something was going to happen and sure enough it did. Nemisis jumped in through the window at the base of the stairs and then I made Jill run as far as I could until I was out and it stopped. That part in specific still gets me to this day when I play.

Actually I'll be honest, with games like that where I have something horrible chasing after me I freak out horribly. I know it's just a game but I panic and I'm scared it's gonna get me and kill whoever I'm playing as. I think I do more running than shooting in those games and that's why I always have crap tons of ammo. Especially when you can hear something coming if you're cornered or just in a really bad spot. I freak when the Reapers come after me when I open the primary bulkhead in RE5. Up the ladder jump down over this way over that way up this ladder now. Yep that's me.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:57 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
When I first played the demo disk for Resident Evil 3: Nemisis and I had finally gotten to the RPD. I had this feeling that something was going to happen and sure enough it did. Nemisis jumped in through the window at the base of the stairs and then I made Jill run as far as I could until I was out and it stopped. That part in specific still gets me to this day when I play.

Actually I'll be honest, with games like that where I have something horrible chasing after me I freak out horribly. I know it's just a game but I panic and I'm scared it's gonna get me and kill whoever I'm playing as. I think I do more running than shooting in those games and that's why I always have crap tons of ammo. Especially when you can hear something coming if you're cornered or just in a really bad spot. I freak when the Reapers come after me when I open the primary bulkhead in RE5. Up the ladder jump down over this way over that way up this ladder now. Yep that's me.

Damn, you're gonna love this "Mayday" guy in RER...
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

PAHAHAA, {:') I can imagine your scream Mass.

And trust me when I say I choked on my noodles. I had to go to the toilet and spit it out XD
That must have been terrifying. {:') Oh bloody hell, what a good laugh.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:25 am

Hey, I was a kid back then Very Happy Besides, I'm guessing you've heard me scream in my videos anyway Razz

I'm sorry for your noodles.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Hey, I was a kid back then Very Happy Besides, I'm guessing you've heard me scream in my videos anyway Razz

I'm sorry for your noodles.

Bugger you! And yes I have heard you scream, it's hilar Very Happy

Thanks, I'm absolutely fine. Mass '-'
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:56 pm

Noodles suck anyway.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Spike991 wrote:
DeadlyGenetics wrote:

Actually I'll be honest, with games like that where I have something horrible chasing after me I freak out horribly. I know it's just a game but I panic and I'm scared it's gonna get me and kill whoever I'm playing as. I think I do more running than shooting in those games and that's why I always have crap tons of mmo. Especially when you can hear something coming if you're cornered or just in a really bad spot. I freak when the Reapers come after me when I open the primary bulkhead in RE5. Up the ladder jump down over this way over that way up this ladder now. Yep that's me.

Damn, you're gonna love this "Mayday" guy in RER...
Oh I sure hope so. I may have freak out panics but I love it, makes the experiance of the game worth it to me. And that's why I keep playing. Smile

And noodles are good!
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Noodles suck anyway.
What is this blasphemy!!?!?! affraid

Your personal scariest experiences I_don_10
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:38 pm

@gen, are you gonna be getting RER?
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I intend to get it as soon as I'm able. I'm going for the game and case combo.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:02 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
I intend to get it as soon as I'm able. I'm going for the game and case combo.

Game and case combo? What's that?

You mean getting a 3DS and the game?

And yeah, it's really awesome. And scary, I was watching someone play and they shrieked at parts. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:12 am

Spike991 wrote:
There's a bundle where you can get a RER case for your 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:55 pm

for me it is mostly from REmake for example going through the graveyard before you go to the dormitories or the first time i found a crimson head, or the hallway that led to the plant room where you used the chemical, in fact almost every part of that game scared the shit out of me. they should base all their future games off REmake
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Yesssss!!! I already have a 3DS and I figure I'm better off buying them together than separately.

Your personal scariest experiences RER3DSCase_Promoimage
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:58 pm

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Yesssss!!! I already have a 3DS and I figure I'm better off buying them together than separately.

Your personal scariest experiences RER3DSCase_Promoimage

That does look pretty awesome. I kinda wish I had one...but meh.

@Barry, yeah REmake had some awesome suspenseful moments, especially on the early runs. At this point I know every nook and cranny...

I do get to enjoy it vicariously through people that I watch play it instead though, so that's nice. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 am

The first dog encounter in Resident Evil 0. The poorly lit claustraphobic corridors of an abandoned train, the lack of music. The silence. What's that? The sound of breaking glass? Oh shit! OH SHIT!!
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 am

Pretty standard but:

- The dogs that bust through the windows in RE1 for playstation.

- The licker that busts through the mirror in the interrogation room in RE2.

- The las plagas dogs in the hedge Maze in RE4, sometimes they sneak up around a corner and just jump out at you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your personal scariest experiences   Your personal scariest experiences Empty

Back to top Go down

Your personal scariest experiences
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next