HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)

Go down 
+27
Fat_Albert_Wesker
Sise-Neg
Trichos
HUNK420
PAULSAMSON
ChrisSherry
ChickenHeart
Ultimate Bio-Weapon
JamTyrantH
ThomVD
spawn
Sargent D
RaviorStygian
iNFiN1TY
Andrew
WESKER2893
Godzilla90s
Liz Shepherd
Mass Distraction
Regenerator
Jadice
Ghost Leader
duralumin
charlieRE2
Spike991
Kytte
Soul
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) Empty
PostSubject: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:27 pm

There's been a lot of Resident Evil games.
But which ones made you experience the "Survival Horror" as much? affraid

For me? Face it, REmake set the bar on how Resident Evil games should be at the time.
From the first time a Zombie jumps at you from no where, or your encounter with Lisa, you'll start getting scared.
Added if you are playing it in the middle of the night with the volume up.
Oh and must I forget the Crimson Heads?
Very Happy

So what is everyone's scariest RE game?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
Kytte
Zombie
Zombie
Kytte

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:37 pm

For me it is definetly the REmake
With RE4 being the least scariest lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:46 pm

I personally didn't find any of them scary, but the thing that I usually put into that category, was that intense feeling that you are about to die, this is existent in every RE game, and it is great, struggling to find some medical item.Smile

Kytte, you said that RE4 was least?? Really, Gaiden scared you more?Smile
Back to top Go down
Kytte
Zombie
Zombie
Kytte

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I personally didn't find any of them scary, but the thing that I usually put into that category, was that intense feeling that you are about to die, this is existent in every RE game, and it is great, struggling to find some medical item.Smile

Kytte, you said that RE4 was least?? Really, Gaiden scared you more?Smile

HAHA, Ok i guess I missed that out, I could say the graphics scared me lol, but anyway you catch my drift right?, no zombies, no nothing really lol, more action
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:35 pm

Come on.
FIRST TIME you saw a Regenerator come at you, you pumped it's ass full of shotgun shells and TMP ammos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
Kytte
Zombie
Zombie
Kytte

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:49 pm

[quote="Soul"]Come on.
FIRST TIME you saw a Regenerator come at you, you pumped it's ass full of shotgun shells and TMP ammos.[/quote

Ok ok the Regenerators got me lol, But the rest of the game was just action to me lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:12 pm

[quote="Kytte"]
Soul wrote:
Come on.
FIRST TIME you saw a Regenerator come at you, you pumped it's ass full of shotgun shells and TMP ammos.

Ok ok the Regenerators got me lol, But the rest of the game was just action to me lol

I was going to say the same thing about the graphis.Smile

Only action, I guess that Capcom wasted their time with their ominous tones, and actors to do menacing gannado voices.Smile I think that it had plenty of horror, not only Regenerators, stuff like Dr. Salvador, Del Lago, and what about the gannado hiding in the fridge??Smile
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:06 pm

i cant really think of the scariest game but i can think of moments throughout the series Smile
the chainsaw dude in four really scared me Crying or Very sad
the nemesis chasing me:(
the regenerators
the first time the hunter made an appearance in the original RE
the neptune in the RE remake (soooooo big!)
soooo many Smile

but like spike said i think it just gets really tense. like when your faced with 2 doors and dont know which to go through. one could be a save room with that beautiful music or one could be your death. you have no health and hardly any ammo....very very tense.
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:19 pm

REmake pretty much has it hands down for me...but I found myself getting that feeling of dread quite a bit in RE0 as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.independenceproductions.gobot.com
Kytte
Zombie
Zombie
Kytte

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:25 pm

[quote="Spike991"]
Kytte wrote:
Soul wrote:
Come on.

Only action, I guess that Capcom wasted their time with their ominous tones, and actors to do menacing gannado voices.Smile I think that it had plenty of horror, not only Regenerators, stuff like Dr. Salvador, Del Lago, and what about the gannado hiding in the fridge??Smile

The only horror was the regenerator
The ganado in fridge personally made me laugh because he entirely missed me and fell over and died lol
and i'm sorry a guy running around with a bag of flour on his head isn't that menacing lol ^_^
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:29 pm

[quote="Kytte"]
Spike991 wrote:
Kytte wrote:
Soul wrote:
Come on.

The only horror was the regenerator
The ganado in fridge personally made me laugh because he entirely missed me and fell over and died lol
and i'm sorry a guy running around with a bag of flour on his head isn't that menacing lol ^_^
LOL, yes, the "fridge-ganado" did the same for me as well. IMO Regenerator was really the only "scary" thing in RE4...the only moments of dread I felt in the game was wondering if I had enough shotgun shells/grenades with me for the ensuing battle that seemed to tirelessly lurk around every corner. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Kytte wrote:
For me it is definetly the REmake
With RE4 being the least scariest lol
I agree with this.
Back to top Go down
Jadice
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:00 pm

I thought the original Resident Evil was very scary. It was my first RE, and if oyu overlook the cheesy voice acting, there were a few memorable moments, like the first time the Hunter and Zombie Dogs attack.

As an odd coincidence, a window shattered in my house once right when a dog jumped through the window in the game - it about scared me half to death! affraid

I also thought the first zombie cutscene where Kenneth is being eaten was classic - when that zombie turns to look at you, it looks as if he's staring at US, the players, and not at Jill or Chris. *shivers*

The chimera fights in the generator room also freaked me out, you never knew those little buggers were coming until they actually jumped on you head! Razz
Back to top Go down
Kytte
Zombie
Zombie
Kytte

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:59 am

lol yeah them little ..things annoyed me lol
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:47 pm

I didn't really think that they were all that scary..although at some points in the games I did jump when enemies would come out of nowhere
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 6:12 pm

Jadice wrote:
I thought the original Resident Evil was very scary. It was my first RE, and if oyu overlook the cheesy voice acting, there were a few memorable moments, like the first time the Hunter and Zombie Dogs attack.

As an odd coincidence, a window shattered in my house once right when a dog jumped through the window in the game - it about scared me half to death! affraid

I also thought the first zombie cutscene where Kenneth is being eaten was classic - when that zombie turns to look at you, it looks as if he's staring at US, the players, and not at Jill or Chris. *shivers*

The chimera fights in the generator room also freaked me out, you never knew those little buggers were coming until they actually jumped on you head! Razz
I think the Chimera were far more troublesome in the classic than they are the REmake. You're also so right about Kenneth's killer...I remember when I first played the game and thought it was very unsettling when the zombie becomes aware of your presence..the music and everything included in the scene are very effective.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:22 pm

duralumin wrote:
I think the Chimera were far more troublesome in the classic than they are the REmake. You're also so right about Kenneth's killer...I remember when I first played the game and thought it was very unsettling when the zombie becomes aware of your presence..the music and everything included in the scene are very effective.

I agree about the chimeras being more troublesome in the original, I remember trying to transport that thing and being attacked, and then having the choice to shoot and die, or not shoot and die.Smile

Although, I think that the kenneth scene from the REmake is much better, the way it shows kenneth having his neck torn out, and he is all twitchy, and you see the blood fallling from the zombies mouth.Smile
Back to top Go down
Kytte
Zombie
Zombie
Kytte

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:55 am

Did anyone ever watch Kenneth's film in the lab?
He has the worst aim for a handgun ever lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 5:02 pm

What version? If it's in all of them, haven't seen it.

And as for the scariest RE game, I would have to pick Dead Aim. I really have not been scared playing Resident Evil until this game although there has been a few occasions (in no particular order):
1. The chimeras in the generator room of the first game.
2. Regenerators and first encounter with Mr. Salvador in RE4.
3. Nemesis running after you and tearing Brad apart (I was a kid back then though).

Least scary? Gaiden, even though it had some awesome tunes in it. And nevertheless, it was an awesome game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Liz Shepherd
Zombie
Zombie
Liz Shepherd

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:34 pm

I think it was RE1...since it was the first game I ever played, and zombies...and weird creatures jumping at you out of nowhere.. that was awesome. But now, I dont really think they're scary anymore, at least not for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/LostInMyDarkness4Ever
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 10:49 pm

i would choose re1 (original) re2 and re3 beacuse they happend at nightime, creepy bosses and some scaryass music such as the basement theme in re2 and the feel the tense theme in re3 and not to mention the files are scary. i dont know why most people consider the re1 remake the scariest its just dark, i dident get scared of that game at all really. and re4 and re5 only have shocking moments.
Back to top Go down
WESKER2893
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
WESKER2893

PostSubject: hi   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 9:51 am

yeh I dont think any of them are scarey really. i didnt get scared apart from when things just jump out.. and some of the music etc.. i have this 15 year old friend that was scared of resident evil 4 at the start!!!... yeh there is one scary scene in it and thats the prison!! with that monster where u have to use a sniper and shoot bits on him! and theres a glitch where he stays still and you can look at him!
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 8:52 pm

The game that's the scariest for me is RE2, because instead of being in a mansion and laboratory filled with the undead, you're in an entire city filled with them. RE3 was very scary to me also when I was little.

The Regenerators and Iron Maiden in RE4 are actually pretty scary too. Just the sounds they make before they come into clear view is unsettling enough! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/andrew_resi
WESKER2893
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
WESKER2893

PostSubject: yeh   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:58 am

yeh i think im the same with you andrew
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:40 pm

I was also very scared the first time I ever encountered a Crimson Head in REmake. This was also before I found out that you could set their body on fire beforehand to prevent them from returning to life. When they would burst through a door, then take a sprint after me, it would send sheer panic through me and I couldn't control Jill/Chris right! affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/andrew_resi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)   Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion) Empty

Back to top Go down

Scariest RE Game? (Personal Opinion)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next