HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What version of RE:2 is this?

Go down 
+3
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
REWorld
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:20 am

DXP wrote:
TUNSTALL37 wrote:
I had a look at the Chief Irons' office video, I don't think they put enough zombies in there! Fuck! Haha.

This whole hacking thing seems interesting but it's way over my head and I wouldn't even begin to start learning how it works.

If you want to learn to hack the classics there's a forum for that:

Its packed with a bunch of information and its always getting updated in terms of tools, mods and tutorials I would highly recommend it.

Oh and as an added bonus that disc you bought has backgrounds from Resident Evil 1.5 within its files none of them are playable but its always nice to know there is some beta stuff on it, so for a demo disc it is worth it just for what other bits it contains =P

Thanks, I'll check that out.

@Valentine Fan - I'll see what I can do Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:52 am

@DXP: Could your friend do this with the RE3 demo? Or has he already done that?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
@DXP: Could your friend do this with the RE3 demo? Or has he already done that?

As far as I know he's managed to re-create a beta scene seen in the beta version of 3 think it was with the pc version of 3 but it could be PS1 i'll have to ask him, he also added the chain as a pick-up item again like in the beta and afaik he's posted videos on his youtube account showing that.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 9:31 am

I was just wondering because the demo of RE3 on PS1 has a time limit. There's no telling how much there actually is on the disc as the time limit is only 5 minutes or so.

Like, how far can you actually go until you just get stuck or something.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:14 am

Did they every have like a limited edition of re1 other than the directors cut?
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:26 am

halestride wrote:
Did they ever have like a limited edition of re1 other than the directors cut?

Not that I know of.

There was the regular one (Long-box or jewel case), the original Director's Cut with the RE2 demo, and then the Greatest Hits version with Dual Shock compatibility
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:29 am

What about with the other games do you know if re 3 and code Veronica have a limited edition?
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 10:57 am

halestride wrote:
What about with the other games do you know if re 3 and code Veronica have a limited edition?

Code Veronica had a Japan release that had some cool stuff with it, like the soundtrack. There was also a limited edition Dreamcast that was either pink or red, I believe.

Here's a photo

What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 250618_15074_front

Other than the demo version of Nemesis, I don't think there was ever a special edition of it
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:34 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:

Not that I know of.

There was the regular one (Long-box or jewel case), the original Director's Cut with the RE2 demo, and then the Greatest Hits version with Dual Shock compatibility
There was also the pre-order release that had some cool stuff in it like a comic book by Marvel Comics. The game itself was the same.

halestride wrote:
In addition to the stuff Valentine Fan mentioned above, there's the special retail version of BioHazard Revival Selection. No special editions of RE3 that I know of.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:45 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

There was also the pre-order release that had some cool stuff in it like a comic book by Marvel Comics. The game itself was the same..

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Are there scans available online of that comic?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:54 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

There was also the pre-order release that had some cool stuff in it like a comic book by Marvel Comics. The game itself was the same..

As far as I know, no. They are, however, sometimes seen on eBay.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:55 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I see. Well thanks. Who knows, someday someone might put the scans up online for everyone to see.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:57 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I see. Well thanks. Who knows, someday someone might put the scans up online for everyone to see.
I might buy one from eBay at some point. Considering their rarity, they're usually not too expensive.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:11 pm

In terms of rarity the RE3 demo is pretty hard to find(cheap anyway) I think the Japanese versions are expensive as well i've being after BH3 and the cheapest I can find it for is like £32. The other rarity I know of is the RE2 timed ps1 demo was from the official playstation magazine and I did have a copy of it until the disc became scratched to hell =/
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:45 pm

Do you mean the demo below? It's £5.99 or best offer on eBay, I can PM you the link if you like, still not allowed to post links on here bounce

What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 Untitl10
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:59 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
Do you mean the demo below? It's £5.99 or best offer on eBay, I can PM you the link if you like, still not allowed to post links on here bounce

What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 Untitl10

That be the one =P afraid at the moment I can't afford it lol >.< if you have the cash spare though I would suggest nabbing it if your a die hard fan.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
halestride wrote:

Not that I know of.

There was also the pre-order release that had some cool stuff in it like a comic book by Marvel Comics. The game itself was the same.

halestride wrote:
In addition to the stuff Valentine Fan mentioned above, there's the special retail version of BioHazard Revival Selection. No special editions of RE3 that I know of.

I'll see what all I can find searching around. And I kinda think they should of kept the name biohazard.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:48 pm

There's a couple of others I know that are rare-ish One of them is the Biohazard Code Veronica Trial Edition for dreamcast I haven't seen any other copy apart from the one I bought off Ebay that came in its original packaging, the other is a different pressed version of RE3 where Nemesis is misspelled Nimesis or something on those lines so I would called that 'rare' to some degree.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:27 am

DXP wrote:
In terms of rarity the RE3 demo is pretty hard to find
Really? I got mine for free as the guy was selling it as a full version of the game by accident. He apologized for the inconvenience and offered to send it to me free of any cost.

halestride wrote:
kinda think they should of kept the name biohazard.
They couldn't because it was copyrighted in the states.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 5:41 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
DXP wrote:
In terms of rarity the RE3 demo is pretty hard to find
Really? I got mine for free as the guy was selling it as a full version of the game by accident. He apologized for the inconvenience and offered to send it to me free of any cost.

O.O bloody lucky I've scoured the entirety of ebay and never found anything RE3 demo related and only found full versions.

halestride wrote:
kinda think they should of kept the name biohazard.
They couldn't because it was copyrighted in the states.[/quote]

If i'm right its because of the band Biohazard and their copyrighted-ness

Another rarity is the Biohazard Trial edition, there were so many versions pressed and in the following years have become rare they come with a massive pull out full of information about the game, characters etc and i've never seen anything Ebay wise on them maybe once in a blue moon.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:12 am

Oh well resident evil was a good second choice.
And alright I'm going to get on playasia and see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:08 am

It came today, just got home from work now and got a good 10 minutes of play out of it! It isn't worth making a video or anything like that but the most notable changes from the game that actually got released are;

Zombies are in different places on the way to the Police Station

Kendo doesn't fire a shot at the zombies

There's a typewriter in Kendo's Gun Shop where bullets took it's place

In the alley at the back of the gun shop, there is no van blocking your passage, you just jump over a dumpster and go forward, turn left and you're at the Police Station - There are still zombies behind the door that usually break through but you just run past them, they don't break down the door. A much shorter, less interesting way to the police station but begs the question why he didn't just jump over the van in the actual game!

The keys are completely different for the Police Station - Look different and have different names.

You go into Marvin's office and shock horror, Marvin isn't there - There are about 4 zombies in there and a key which opens the double doors to the left of Marvin's office - There is no item box in there. None of the zombies are Marvin so I'm just wondering if Marvin was due to be in the game at all or if you meet him later on?

You still see the licker scurry past the window but there is no cut scene, Leon just kneels down at the pool of blood and the licker drops.

I managed to get both rubys in the exact same way you do in the game, there are a few minor changes too, bullets in different places etc. There is also a shotgun in Marvin's office which helped with the licker!

The most notable change comes when in the S.T.A.R.S office, this is where the 'Resident Evil 2 Preview' ends. You pick up another key at the far end of the room where the Control Panel is and it switches to a cut scene - A gun shot just misses you and the camera pans to Ada stood there looking exactly the same way she does in the game, in exactly the same stance where she almost shot Leon in the underground car park.

Everything looks pretty much the same, couple of tweaks here and there but I actually enjoyed the 10 minutes I got out of it.

Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 am

TUNSTALL37 wrote:

There's a typewriter in Kendo's Gun Shop where bullets took it's place

Maybe you were at one time able to save there?

TUNSTALL37 wrote:

In the alley at the back of the gun shop, there is no van blocking your passage, you just jump over a dumpster and go forward, turn left and you're at the Police Station!

I read somewhere that Capcom noticed this and deicded to make the route to the station longer because it seemed too short.

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
You go into Marvin's office and shock horror, Marvin isn't there - There are about 4 zombies in there and a key which opens the double doors to the left of Marvin's office - There is no item box in there. None of the zombies are Marvin so I'm just wondering if Marvin was due to be in the game at all or if you meet him later on?

Well, he was originally supposed to be a companion character in 1.5.... maybe they hadn't decided to reuse him again yet?
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:19 am

Yeah, you were able to save there, an ink ribbon was beside it but when I tried to pick it up I just got 'This feature is not available in the preview'.

Yeah, I read on here that Marvin was a main character in 1.5, he didn't play a massive part in the final release so it is possible they just didn't use him at all.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:23 am

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
Yeah, you were able to save there, an ink ribbon was beside it but when I tried to pick it up I just got 'This feature is not available in the preview'.

Mhm, just as I thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What version of RE:2 is this?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next