Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wesker=topgunvalkilmer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP Empty
PostSubject: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:10 am

Hi im new to this forum (will write introduction on other forum when I have the time) I have recently been playing through all the Resident evil games and am a big fan . am now playing RE4 on the PC version (yes I know this is not the best version etc.....) BUT I have got stuck in a bit where the computer crashes which I think is due to a cutscene in chapter 4.1 (the point in the game where you fall into the sewer for the second time, after falling through a trapdoor) now first of all I was wondering if this was a common problem as I understand the Pc version to have bugs/faults etc but second of all I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix it OR if anyone has any save files from the game I could download PAST the point where the game crashes, or alternatively if one of you is REALLY nice I could upload my save game and you could get past the bit and then send me the save file back. I know this is asking a bit much but it really would only take 2 mins as all you need to do is run past the point where the cutscene plays then run back and save it, would take less than 5 mins from startup to saving . all you would have to do is then upload me the save file

I realise this is a big ask and am gonna get flamed for it (which is totally fair enough) but hopefully some kind person who has RE4 for the PC will help a fellow fan out as I dont know anyone else who has the game for the PC. so if somebody does please put aside less than 5 mins of your day to help out a fellow fan, the karma points are gonna be tremendous !!!!!

thanks + flame away
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:17 am

Don't worry. Nobody is going to flame you, we are all friendly people Smile .

I'm sorry but I can't help you. I don't have my PC version anymore. I only bought it for modding. It's a common problem as far as I know. My PC always crashed at loading doors. I hope someone else here can help you.
Back to top Go down
Wesker=topgunvalkilmer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:19 am

ThomVD wrote:

I'm sorry but I can't help you. I don't have my PC version anymore. I only bought it for modding. It's a common problem as far as I know. My PC always crashed at loading doors. I hope someone else here can help you.

thanks thom thats cool. hope somebody can help ! cheers
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:25 am

Wesker=topgunvalkilmer wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

thanks thom thats cool. hope somebody can help ! cheers

Have you tried reloading your last save and just play that part again?
Back to top Go down
Wesker=topgunvalkilmer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:27 am

Hi yeah I have tried to reload from save point a bunch of times but it keeps crashing at the same point. I even looked through all the movie files to see if I could find it (as I believe a cutscene is causing it) but I cant find the cutscene . Basically I think if i can get past that part then everything should work ok hopefully but this is the only way of testing it out .

thanks
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 pm

did you try to skip the cutscene, or looking for some uploaded save files?
Back to top Go down
Wesker=topgunvalkilmer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:46 pm

hi yeah have tried both but the game crashes anyway and the only save games I can find or from people who have completed it already but hopefully i mighht have found a solution from somebody on this board

thanks

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 7:52 pm

hi yeah have tried both but the game crashes anyway and the only save games I can find or from people who have completed it already but hopefully i mighht have found a solution from somebody on this board

thanks

are you playing an original copy?
Back to top Go down
Wesker=topgunvalkilmer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:50 pm

hmmmmmmm no but that dosent make me a bad person does it ? anyway I came up with a fix on my own by removing the movie folder from the game directory until the cutscene plays and everything seems to be fine so thanks to everone for their help particularly mcghie who was prepared to give up their time

cheers
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:09 pm

hmmmmmmm no but that dosent make me a bad person does it ? anyway I came up with a fix on my own by removing the movie folder from the game directory until the cutscene plays and everything seems to be fine so thanks to everone for their help particularly mcghie who was prepared to give up their time

cheers

no, I'm a bad person, I downloaded every game that I own, mwahaha
Back to top Go down
Wesker=topgunvalkilmer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:16 pm

haha cool , every game I got now I dl'd but I probably bought some of them back in the day so I think that covers it !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP   RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP Empty

Back to top Go down

RE4 PC VERSION PLEASE HELP
Page 1 of 1