Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What version of RE:2 is this?

Go down 
+3
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
REWorld
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

What version of RE:2 is this? Empty
PostSubject: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:54 am

Just having a quick look on eBay and came across this..

(Wouldnt let me post an external link as I'm a new member so I've just attached an image below)

What version of RE:2 is this? Re210

What version of RE:2 would this be? I've only ever had/seen the one with the 2 discs?

Also I've heard things of a Director's Cut for RE:2 and a RE:2.5? But never actually seen them anywhere, could this be one of them?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:14 pm

I never knew there was a Playstation version on only one disc.

The supposed "Director's Cut" of RE2 is, from what I can gather, some kind of mod for PC, but I don't know anything about it beyond that. And RE2.5 was just a beta version of RE3. From YT footage I've seen of it, it didn't look much different from the final game.
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:21 pm

That's whats puzzled me, I've never seen a one disc version for the Playstation but this guys asking 99p for it, so it might be worth checking out.

Thanks for clearing the other 2 up for me, I'd like to know more about the Directors Cut version but I'm not a big fan of playing games on my PC other than Football Manager!
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:33 pm

That looks like a ost disc
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:43 pm

In the description it says Resident Evil 2 game disc, no case, plays fine.

I'm just intrigued as to how you'd select your character at the begining if it is the game. I'm the winning bidder at the moment anyway so I'll let you guys know exactly what it is if I win it!

EDIT: Plus it's got a 15 rating warning on the disc which I doubt they'd put on the soundtrack?
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
In the description it says Resident Evil 2 game disc, no case, plays fine.

I'm just intrigued as to how you'd select your character at the begining if it is the game. I'm the winning bidder at the moment anyway so I'll let you guys know exactly what it is if I win it!

Indeed, please do so! I'm intrigued by this....could it be a bootleg version?
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:55 pm

It looks pretty official in the picture - I hope I win it just to ease my own curiosity Very Happy

Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Just an update - I ended up winning the auction for £2.72 - I'll let you guys know if it works and what it looks like. I'll upload a picture if anything is different to the original Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:14 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
I'm just intrigued as to how you'd select your character at the begining if it is the game.
The same way you do in RE1? *shrug*

TBH, I'm leaning towards agreeing with Paul in that it looks like a soundtrack disc. Doesn't sound like you paid all that much for it, though (sorry, I'm not aware of the current conversion rate for British pounds to American dollars). Please do let us know what exactly it is, when you get. I'm with Valentine Fan here in being intrigued by it.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:46 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
TUNSTALL37 wrote:
I'm just intrigued as to how you'd select your character at the begining if it is the game.
The same way you do in RE1? *shrug*

TBH, I'm leaning towards agreeing with Paul in that it looks like a soundtrack disc. Doesn't sound like you paid all that much for it, though (sorry, I'm not aware of the current conversion rate for British pounds to American dollars). Please do let us know what exactly it is, when you get. I'm with Valentine Fan here in being intrigued by it.

Nevertheless....it has the europe PAL logo, why would they put that on an ost disc?, btw, i THINK the biohazard 2 version has only one disc so it is possible to have both characters inthe same disc

EDIT!!!!:

wait wait wait, I got it, it is a demo

the words in the lower part of the disc that I've mistaken with a tracklist says in differents european languages "DEMO ONLY - NOT FOR RESALE" (the last line is the english one), so you just bought a demo.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 pm

[quote="PAULSAMSON"]
Ghost Leader wrote:
TUNSTALL37 wrote:

the words in the lower part of the disc that I've mistaken with a tracklist says in differents european languages "DEMO ONLY - NOT FOR RESALE" (the last line is the english one), so you just bought a demo.

Seems legit. Would it have to be the one that came packaged with the original Director's Cut? Or would it be a different one?
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:04 pm

[quote="Valentine Fan"]
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
TUNSTALL37 wrote:

Seems legit. Would it have to be the one that came packaged with the original Director's Cut? Or would it be a different one?

Yeah it does say that wow that sucks lol.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:21 pm

halestride wrote:
Yeah it does say that wow that sucks lol.
You got duped. lol!
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:39 am

It is indeed the directors cut demo for the PAL version of Director's cut, not really all that rare if you pick up a PAL copy.
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:52 am

You could have told me that BEFORE I bought it Very Happy

No £2.72 isn't much at all! I've just made out the writing at the bottom now Evil or Very Mad

I'll still have a play, see if it's any different from the original!!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:09 am

I would've told you if I was here Razz

I have that demo (came with the Director's Cut of the original) and it indeed is different from the final game. I'll let you see the changes for yourself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:05 am

Cool, I'm glad it will atleast be a little bit different!

Just completed the second scenario of RE:2 again last night with Leon, well and truely getting back in the swing of things! Rank C! Felt like crying, it's never been that bad since the first time I did it and it took 10+ hours Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:18 am

The demo is not terribly long, though, so prepare for that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
The demo is not terribly long, though, so prepare for that.

Funnily enough Martin(a buddy of mine) hacked the demo to make it longer and in the process also hacked in a few beta scenes that got removed from the final game for example Marvin appears differently instead of being next to the lockers you see him stagger into his office and collapse near the wall where he appears when you return later on.

Check his youtube page here:
https://www.youtube.com/MartinBiohazard
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Nice links, the licker scene was weird, just seeing a head drop from the roof!?

Looking at the video makes me think too, how much work goes into hacking seriously!? He just skipped to the police station and just made his handgun unlimited at the touch of a button (and his knife Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:10 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
Nice links, the licker scene was weird, just seeing a head drop from the roof!?

Looking at the video makes me think too, how much work goes into hacking seriously!? He just skipped to the police station and just made his handgun unlimited at the touch of a button (and his knife Very Happy)

Martin is a gifted hacker that much I can tell you I would also from there look at his 1.5 PC rooms mod i'm helping him out with some of the 3d stuff and he works his magic hacking it all together into a workable room.

And yes the Licker cutscene had no FMV to begin with it just had the head drop from the ceiling and it was like that in Beta 1 before it got updated in Beta 2 to final version.
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:19 pm

I had a look at the Chief Irons' office video, I don't think they put enough zombies in there! Fuck! Haha.

This whole hacking thing seems interesting but it's way over my head and I wouldn't even begin to start learning how it works.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:31 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
I had a look at the Chief Irons' office video, I don't think they put enough zombies in there! Fuck! Haha.

This whole hacking thing seems interesting but it's way over my head and I wouldn't even begin to start learning how it works.

If you want to learn to hack the classics there's a forum for that:
http://z4.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_1_2_3/index.php?act=idx

Its packed with a bunch of information and its always getting updated in terms of tools, mods and tutorials I would highly recommend it.

Oh and as an added bonus that disc you bought has backgrounds from Resident Evil 1.5 within its files none of them are playable but its always nice to know there is some beta stuff on it, so for a demo disc it is worth it just for what other bits it contains =P
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:26 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
You could have told me that BEFORE I bought it Very Happy

No £2.72 isn't much at all! I've just made out the writing at the bottom now Evil or Very Mad

I'll still have a play, see if it's any different from the original!!

If possible, I'd be interested in seeing some footage of that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What version of RE:2 is this?   What version of RE:2 is this? Empty

Back to top Go down

What version of RE:2 is this?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next