HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!

Go down 
+10
Mcghie
Outbreakgirl
Revan XI9
DivideByZero
The CG
chrisredfielmusculo
Jill Sandwich
DXP
Methsia
Mass Distraction
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:21 am

Kino_00 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
At night, the game gets really dark just like a real dark night would. Thankfully you do have a flashlight as one of your starting items. There are also other items you can use to create light.

But then again flashlight will be really visible for other players and might put you in grave danger. Does it attract zombies like sound does ?
Yes it does and that's exactly the fun of it. It's kind of like "risk vs. reward". Would you rather see and risk getting spotted or just fumble in the dark? You can also use glowsticks that really don't help much but at least they let you see something without getting spotted. You do first have to find some, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:31 am

Ooo Im getting more and more excited >_<
Can you throw those glowsticks ? Or are there some sort of flare sticks for that ?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:44 am

Kino_00 wrote:
Ooo Im getting more and more excited >_<
Can you throw those glowsticks ? Or are there some sort of flare sticks for that ?
Oh, there are flares too. I'm not sure if you can carry the glowsticks around after cracking them but you can usually find a whole bunch so you can keep throwing them on your path.

Flares I do know can be picked up after being thrown and carried around. You can also make fire if you want to camp out and see your surroundings or, if it REALLY comes to that, just use the muzzle flare of a gun.

Speaking of guns, I've never personally had that lag when shooting things. It sometimes seems to take a second for the zombies to fumble down after being killed but for the most part you can tell if they actually died.
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:49 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Oh, there are flares too. I'm not sure if you can carry the glowsticks around after cracking them but you can usually find a whole bunch so you can keep throwing them on your path.

Flares I do know can be picked up after being thrown and carried around. You can also make fire if you want to camp out and see your surroundings or, if it REALLY comes to that, just use the muzzle flare of a gun.

I'd use throwable flares as distraction, that's why Im asking. Guess I'll just have to buy the game some day and see it for myself. So far it sounds and looks promising, I just don't want to start a game in alpha state. I hate lags/bugs sooo much, it always ruins my experience of games no matter how awesome they are.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 am

There really hasn't been much lag on the servers I've played on.

Bugs there are for sure. Mostly some random artifacting and clipping in addition to sometimes weird hit detection.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 pm

I managed to get a hunting rifle once and a group of Americans took me hostage haha.
They said over voice chat and type chat that I have 10 seconds to get on the ground and surrender my inventory, I said I'm a friendly but they said they didn't care and if I spoke one more time I would get a bullet to the head lol.
Sometimes you get robbed like this and they act like they would if they where bandits in real life.
Lucky for me my friend matty and harty where covering me with snipers beside some trees and took them out, they where so pissed it was hilarious.
I was like well that's what you get for being asses Razz
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:05 am

Wahahahahha, they could have been part of Shack Tactical.

When I hear someone being taken hostage on DayZ I think Shack Tactical :'). Shame that happened, yet I bet it was just priceless xD
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:37 am

Methsia wrote:

When I hear someone being taken hostage on DayZ I think Shack Tactical :'). Shame that happened, yet I bet it was just priceless xD

I dont know who they where, god damn low life bandits Razz
I kind of find it funny when you get taken hostage as if it's real life.
Whoever they are they where slightly new to the whole hostage scenario, most of the time bandits will send a few memebers to scout the area of have snipers looking out for them.
In that case it was me that was basically acting like bait and led them to there death Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:09 am

Methsia wrote:

Since when have they taken hostages in DayZ? I know Kilroy wouldn't hurt a fly and that the other team just murders everything that moves, no hostages taken Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:17 am

It was sort of a reference towards CHKilroy's and Beagles vids on that Dark Business stuff XD
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 7:38 am

Methsia wrote:
It was sort of a reference towards CHKilroy's and Beagles vids on that Dark Business stuff XD
I figured as much. I thought I'd still say something so that they won't be seen as cruel bastards in the world of DayZ.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:46 am

Oh come on, they're cruel to each other. Especially towards ChKilroy, I've noticed LOL

As for DayZ, I'm wondering if they hold Private Servers? Can you create them?
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 1:50 pm

Wow, nobody has posted here in over a year? I just recently started playing DayZ. I've known about it for quite some time but I have only recently got a gaming PC. Does anyone on here play it? I've been looking for some people to game with but none of my friends are really in to Day Z because it is too slow paced for them. What can you do right?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 2:25 am

spawn wrote:
Wow, nobody has posted here in over a year? I just recently started playing DayZ. I've known about it for quite some time but I have only recently got a gaming PC. Does anyone on here play it? I've been looking for some people to game with but none of my friends are really in to Day Z because it is too slow paced for them. What can you do right?
I'd be happy to play with you. You can add me on Steam, username's the same, just without the gap. Do take time zones into consideration cos I might not be on all the time.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
spawn wrote:
I'd be happy to play with you. You can add me on Steam, username's the same, just without the gap. Do take time zones into consideration cos I might not be on all the time.
Awesome. I am pretty busy with finals atm anyways so I haven't been doing much gaming. My schedule will clear up after next week though. You really need to play Day Z with a couple of people if you want to accomplish anything these days. It is hard to meet people in game because most people just shoot on site. Do you play just regular Day Z? Or do you play Epoch/Chernarus/Overwatch?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 3:17 am

spawn wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
spawn wrote:
Awesome. I am pretty busy with finals atm anyways so I haven't been doing much gaming. My schedule will clear up after next week though. You really need to play Day Z with a couple of people if you want to accomplish anything these days. It is hard to meet people in game because most people just shoot on site. Do you play just regular Day Z? Or do you play Epoch/Chernarus/Overwatch?
I play regular DayZ. I actually did once meet a person who was really nice. He ran into me from around a corner and decided to help me get a bigger backpack and a gun (which was an uzi). Still, most people don't take chances and will murder everything in sight before they murder them. You can differentiate a thief from a regular survivor from their getup, though. Thiefs automatically get a scarf on their face. Then again, if you are close enough to see the scarf you're propably already dead. I have done fairly well just by myself but I haven't played in ages.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:23 am

Depending on how long ago you played, there have been some changes with the updates. For instance, you no longer start off with a pistol. All you get are 2 bandages, and sometimes painkillers or soda. I try not to shoot if I don't have to, but sometimes you have no choice. They should at least let you start off with a Hatchet in my opinion. It is the best thing to learn with because it forces you to be cautious but you aren't completely vulnerable either.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:46 am

spawn wrote:
Depending on how long ago you played, there have been some changes with the updates. For instance, you no longer start off with a pistol. All you get are 2 bandages, and sometimes painkillers or soda. I try not to shoot if I don't have to, but sometimes you have no choice. They should at least let you start off with a Hatchet in my opinion. It is the best thing to learn with because it forces you to be cautious but you aren't completely vulnerable either.
I don't ever remember starting off with a handgun. I had to bust my ass just to find a hatchet.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
spawn wrote:
I don't ever remember starting off with a handgun. I had to bust my ass just to find a hatchet.
Yeah, it was some sort of magnum and you got two clips to go with it. I used to watch a lot of DayZ gameplays. Have you ever heard of DevilDogGamer? All he does it post DayZ stuff. It is interesting to watch his videos because you get to see the full extent of what is possible in DayZ. Like you said, it is hard to get something as simple as a hatchet, let alone a functioning heli or car. It is cool to see someone who has been playing long enough that they actually have a defended base with multiple helicopters and vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole isolated, hopeless, initial atmosphere the game gives off. It is just cool to see someone who has been able to progress so far. It like they've won the apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:20 am

Have not heard of the guy but I've watched hours upon hours of CHKilroy's and ProJared's videos on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4