HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!

Go down 
+10
Mcghie
Outbreakgirl
Revan XI9
DivideByZero
The CG
chrisredfielmusculo
Jill Sandwich
DXP
Methsia
Mass Distraction
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 am

For anyone who wants to see some awesome gameplay of this, here's ProJared's longplay of the game.
Spoiler:

Also here's a test video I made with the game. Scavenging at it's finest. I'm a bit bummed that all the funny stuff happened after I stopped the test recording.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:32 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Jill Sandwich wrote:
That's freakin' awesome! Why can't game developers make games like this mod.
Dead Linger is an upcoming title that is quite similar to this mod.

Btw. Is anyone interested in getting this?

Dead linger has a good idea, just hope it's executed well, I will keep a watch for updates in there blog.
I already have it man Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:22 am

Mcghie wrote:
Yes, I know, you've mentioned it a few times.

You live in the UK, right? We could actually get on the same servers without too much of a lag. Say, what's your Steam account?
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:48 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Yes, I know, you've mentioned it a few times.

You live in the UK, right? We could actually get on the same servers without too much of a lag. Say, what's your Steam account?

Yeah the best server is Europe 7 but that is usual full and a pain in the ass to get onto to.
What is the time difference between Finland and the UK, not that much is it ?
My Steam ID is - biodeamz
If that doesn't seem to find me then use - Scox | BioDeamz
My avatar is the U.B.C.S emblem, this will make it easier to find me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:21 am

Finland seems to be 2 hours ahead of UK.

I'll add you when I get on my computer again. I have the same username on Steam.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Finland seems to be 2 hours ahead of UK.

I'll add you when I get on my computer again. I have the same username on Steam.

2 hours is manageable, as long as it's days I'm not at work.
I will add you instead then.
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Planning to start playing Day-Z as well when it's patched. For what I've heard it's still very buggy and occasionally laggy (during gunfiring etc).
Think they are going to increase Arma's capability with the mod and get better server host.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Kino_00 wrote:
Planning to start playing Day-Z as well when it's patched. For what I've heard it's still very buggy and occasionally laggy (during gunfiring etc).
Think they are going to increase Arma's capability with the mod and get better server host.

Yeah it still is a little buggy.
Not as bad as it used to be but it does lag a bit in gun battles sometimes, that's something you dont want when a zombie is running towards you.
They are forever advancing on the mod and bear in mind DayZ is a still at it's alpha stage just now, it most certainly will be perfect when it is finalized.
The Arma dev's have recognised the mod and have now employed the lead dev on the mod team (not sure if the full team got employed) to help work on Arma 3,
whether that means Arma are going to utilize the mod in Arma 3 and make it full blown expansion polished up, we will just have to wait and see.
I'm really hoping they do, that means they have a full company behind the production on DayZ and it will be perfectly optimized for Arma 3.
It will just be like another mode built into the game and that will mean DayZ will be a very big hit.

There is more servers popping up for DayZ now but it sometimes has you waiting for a good 10 -30 minutes to get in at times.
I would give it a try if your curious, you will certainly get in a game and be able to experience it.
If not then no big lose because Arma 2 is an amazing tactical FPS army based game.
If you enjoy that type of game then you wont be disappointed with Arma 2 Smile
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Yeah it still is a little buggy.
Not as bad as it used to be but it does lag a bit in gun battles sometimes, that's something you dont want when a zombie is running towards you.
They are forever advancing on the mod and bear in mind DayZ is a still at it's alpha stage just now, it most certainly will be perfect when it is finalized.
The Arma dev's have recognised the mod and have now employed the lead dev on the mod team (not sure if the full team got employed) to help work on Arma 3,
whether that means Arma are going to utilize the mod in Arma 3 and make it full blown expansion polished up, we will just have to wait and see.
I'm really hoping they do, that means they have a full company behind the production on DayZ and it will be perfectly optimized for Arma 3.
It will just be like another mode built into the game and that will mean DayZ will be a very big hit.

There is more servers popping up for DayZ now but it sometimes has you waiting for a good 10 -30 minutes to get in at times.
I would give it a try if your curious, you will certainly get in a game and be able to experience it.
If not then no big lose because Arma 2 is an amazing tactical FPS army based game.
If you enjoy that type of game then you wont be disappointed with Arma 2 Smile

Yeah, watched some recently added gameplay vids and it looks annoying when you shoot a zombie, get lagspike and for a split second you ain't sure if it's dead or not. Even worse if it happens with another "hostile" player.. :S
But I'm definetly gonna try it sooner or later, I just want best possible experience out of it. It looks so good and so realistic for being a survival zombie game.
On vid player said that Arma sold some 4-6 times better when Day-Z was released so no wonder they want that mod to work well. I just need to be patient !
I'm not really into FPS war games in general. I don't hate them but they are usually just too similiar to one another. Day-Z breaks that formula.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:19 pm

Oh Kino, you could accompany Mass !!
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Play with him ??? No way ! After 20 minutes of surviving he would crush my neck from behind with an axe and loot all my goods. Never trust finn rednecks who live in those isolated small towns, they bathe in grief and want to hurt happy innocent ppl like me *_*
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Seriously '_' ..................................................

Mass will NEVER kill you, even with his trusty dust cloud from his hatchet. He could never kill you D:

URGH
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Kino_00 wrote:

Yeah, watched some recently added gameplay vids and it looks annoying when you shoot a zombie, get lagspike and for a split second you ain't sure if it's dead or not. Even worse if it happens with another "hostile" player.. :S
But I'm definetly gonna try it sooner or later, I just want best possible experience out of it. It looks so good and so realistic for being a survival zombie game.
On vid player said that Arma sold some 4-6 times better when Day-Z was released so no wonder they want that mod to work well. I just need to be patient !
I'm not really into FPS war games in general. I don't hate them but they are usually just too similiar to one another. Day-Z breaks that formula.

Yeah it was all time best seller on Steam within less than a 2 weeks, sales went through the roof.
Arma2 was a popular game but only a handful of hardcore Arma fans would play it.
Did not have a mainstream following what so ever, If I was a developer then damn right that mod team would be getting employed lol
Arma 2 is very different from most FPS, I would say it's more of a war simulator, its not a run and gun type of game.
Suppose it's just whatever your into, but DayZ is a definiant must for every zombie fan Razz
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 pm

No wonder, the idea of that mod is fantastic. Before hearing about Day-Z I hardly knew such game as Armed Assault even existed. Maybe I heard name once or twice but since Im not FPS/war - or simulator - fan I never really got interested.
Im sure that members of team behind mod will get hired by some game development company, or companies. Hell, maybe they create and/or expand their own brand. "I created Day-Z" might be quite nice add in references as well.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:54 am

Mcghie wrote:
If I was a developer then damn right that mod team would be getting employed lol
There's no need because the guy making the mod, Dean Hall, already works for Bohemia to begin with. Yes, the mod was created by one guy.

@Kino: Holy crap I would never kill another player unless they attacked me first or were hostile to begin with Very Happy It's true I bathe in the grief of others but that's only in real life.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:52 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

There's no need because the guy making the mod, Dean Hall, already works for Bohemia to begin with. Yes, the mod was created by one guy.

I thought Dean Hall was just a average modder that got employed by Bohemia after his mod started get the lime light ?
Did he already work for them to begin with ?
Only reason I got this impression because I was reading an article about Arma 3 and it said something like (not actual quote)
"Bohemia have got Dean Hall, the creator of DayZ to help out with production on Arma 3 "
Then he was in the video testing out and showing features in Arma 3 etc.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:43 am

Dean Hall worked for Bohemia before creating DayZ. I do believe he was a part of Arma II's development team.

He only got more recognition from creating the mod.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:04 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Dean Hall worked for Bohemia before creating DayZ. I do believe he was a part of Arma II's development team.

He only got more recognition from creating the mod.

Sweet, that explains how a mod like this could be created.
He has experience with how the game actually works to begin with
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
@Kino: Holy crap I would never kill another player unless they attacked me first or were hostile to begin with Very Happy It's true I bathe in the grief of others but that's only in real life.

Yeah, sure, whatever you say !
I'd be so paranoid I'd just shoot every player I met. What I saw from vids it doesn't take that many bullets to kill another player, so I wouldn't take any risks of letting them shoot first ! Would be awesome to play it as a team tho. Let's see once it's actually stable and everything, then I might join ya.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 am

See, that's just what makes other people shoot everyone. Spreading the paranoia by killing people without a reason.

Last time I played I bumped into a guy on the street, never met him before he was some german dude, and he showed me where to find an uzi. He even had good weapons himself so he could have killed me the instant he saw me but actually decided to show ME a way to get some good weapons. I recorded the whole thing so I might upload that sooner or later. We adventured around town for 40 minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 am

Yeah, no doubt you can meet people like that but how many is actually willing to take the risk of losing dozens of minutes of gameplay and loot ? Not sure if I would.
Some guy said they are inventing a new chat system so that when you speak on your microphone people around you will hear it, like your character was actually speaking. Or is it there already ?
That sounds so awesome, you could just ask "are you gonna shoot me ?!"
Doubt they would be honest if they wanted to shoot someone tho.. >_<
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:50 am

Kino_00 wrote:
Some guy said they are inventing a new chat system so that when you speak on your microphone people around you will hear it, like your character was actually speaking. Or is it there already ?
That sounds so awesome, you could just ask "are you gonna shoot me ?!"
Doubt they would be honest if they wanted to shoot someone tho.. >_<
They have had that from the beginning, I think. You can actually hear people talk and, when you know where they are, sneak past them to avoid confrontation.

Actually the first thing I did when I saw the guy come up from behind the corner was tell him I'm friendly and unarmed, thus he decided to help me get armed.

Watch this video from 11:30 onwards to see the hearing and sneaking thing in action.

Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:56 am

I see ! So that voice chat actually works.
Is that like night time or something ? Because it looks colourless and pitch-black. Never seen vid of night-time gameplay before - if that's the reason.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:03 am

Kino_00 wrote:
Is that like night time or something ? Because it looks colourless and pitch-black. Never seen vid of night-time gameplay before - if that's the reason.
It's night time and that actually depends on the timezone of the server. If it's night in where the game is played it will be night in the game because it has a real time 24 hour day and night cycle. The lacking colors in the video are actually because the guy who made the vid had to adjust the colors and brightness for the video to show right on YT.

At night, the game gets really dark just like a real dark night would. Thankfully you do have a flashlight as one of your starting items. There are also other items you can use to create light.
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:09 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
At night, the game gets really dark just like a real dark night would. Thankfully you do have a flashlight as one of your starting items. There are also other items you can use to create light.

But then again flashlight will be really visible for other players and might put you in grave danger. Does it attract zombies like sound does ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!   DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

DayZ - An open world zombie survival MMO!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next