Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident evil - open world poll EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident evil - open world poll EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident evil - open world poll EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident evil - open world poll EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident evil - open world poll EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident evil - open world poll EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident evil - open world poll

Go down 
+10
charlieRE2
Spike991
Sargent D
PAULSAMSON
Turo602
NiteKrawler
ChickenHeart
chrisredfielmusculo
Mass Distraction
chrisredfield84
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Can RE make new direction towards open world?
Yes, I would like it to be open world
Resident evil - open world poll Vote_lcap38%Resident evil - open world poll Vote_rcap
 38% [ 9 ]
No, I think it would not work well.
Resident evil - open world poll Vote_lcap62%Resident evil - open world poll Vote_rcap
 62% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

Resident evil - open world poll Empty
PostSubject: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 am

Hi,

After playing assassins creed, I thought to myself why would not resident evil be open world. I mean it does deal with hostility and mayhem of public enemies. Why not add civilians who are not infected and have missions in collecting intel on outbreak and have strategies in averting situations of bio-terrorism. RE 5 already formed an alliance called BSAA. Some part of open world missions were used in RE 5 like covering partner in missions. Although most hate the idea of a partner, You gotta agree that it is a challenge to cover partners.

So my poll is why not have resident evil as an open world game as assassins creed?I mean the hardware is there to be utilized for new direction of the series?

Also in RE 6 we do find chris to shove a cameraman while running? Could that mean RE 6 could be open world?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:53 am

I really hope we will never see an open world RE game. Well, at least not as a main series title.

Operation Raccoon City does seem kinda open world-ish so maybe that's the game you're looking for? I do hope, if the game turns out to be as amazing as it is looking now, that they eventually make a sequel for that where you play as the BSAA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:02 am

the resident evil series are already similar to shooters games
i dont want resident evil to become gta:zombies edition
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:47 am

I already have to hear people complain about "RE HAS TURNED INTO SOME COD/ACTION GAME RIPOFF!!!1111" I don't want to hear "RE IS NOW JUST RIPPING OFF GTA!!!11111". Besides Capcom alredy has Dead Rising which is basically what you're talking about. They probably wouldnt make a game to compete with another franchise.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:57 am

I think you are misjudging the potential of the hardware at hand by comparing it to other games. Think of it as an addition to the existing gameplay than jus completely cloning of GTA or Dead rising.

Gameplay involving civilians in a third person shooter. I don't think GTA or Dead rising are third person shooters. I think ORC would involve a bit of open world as we will take on both USS and zombies at the same time.

I really don't wanna discuss on how RE needs to be survival horror than action shooters. I only want to discuss new direction of RE in context to RE 4 and RE 5.

@Mass : why would you decline for sequels and want them only for spin offs? If the game would be good for spin offs, would that not apply to sequels as well? Cuz i don't see much difference between spin off and sequels in gameplay rather than jus fiction involving canon in sequels and non-canon for spin offs?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 am

Um...GTA and Dead Rising are definitely third person shooters. If you want to know how spinoffs and main titles are different in terms of gameplay, look at Gaiden, Dead Aim, and ORC.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

Playstation Network Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:47 am

I've actually had a vision of an open world zombie game before. And I got to say, it could work really well. I can see it looking and handling the way RE5 did but taking place in a big confined city. Sort of like the way Batman Arkham City was. The camera is more zoomed in on the character then in games like Grand Theft Auto and Alan Wake. You can't just steal cars and whatnot, because the city is rundown. And whenever you get lucky and can get a car working you can drive, but until the car either breaks down or the gas runs out. Therefore leaving you stranded and limiting you. The zombies in this game will come in packs and won't be easy to take down. These zombies can take a bullet, sort of like crimsons in Resident Evil REmake. But they aren't just there for you to kill lingering around the city. They come at you at unexpected moments. That way, traversing through the city is made scary and unpredictable. I even thought about saving civilians being part of the game. Like let's say you hear a scream coming from a house with the lights flickering. You enter the house not knowing what is gonna come out from any corner or room trying to find the source of the scream.

Well these are just some of my many ideas for an open world zombie game, but it just doesn't really fit Resident Evil much. The concept could work, but Resident Evil is fine the way it is.

NiteKrawler wrote:
Um...GTA and Dead Rising are definitely third person shooters.
Actually, they aren't. Dead Rising barely involves guns and GTA is a Sandbox game.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:54 am

Turo602 wrote:

NiteKrawler wrote:
Actually, they aren't. Dead Rising barely involves guns and GTA is a Sandbox game.

A third person shooter is a game structured around shooting, and in which the player can see the avatar on-screen in a third-person view. -From wiki.

GTA is an open world third person shooter. Dead Rising may not be labeled a third person shooter, but it has very heavy influences from TPS games.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:20 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Turo602 wrote:

NiteKrawler wrote:

A third person shooter is a game structured around shooting, and in which the player can see the avatar on-screen in a third-person view. -From wiki.

GTA is an open world third person shooter. Dead Rising may not be labeled a third person shooter, but it has very heavy influences from TPS games.

GTA is not a TPS. It's an open world action adventure game with a third person camera angle. I mean, it has cars and you can race, does that make it a racing game? The point of it being open world means that you can do almost anything. It's not restricted to just one genre. Same goes for Dead Rising, but on a much smaller scale since the game is more about survival.

Last edited by Turo602 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Meh. Genres are becoming too unfocused these days. You can put almost any label on them.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Good Idea. But absolutly not, It isn't even worth trying
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Turo602 wrote:
I've actually had a vision of an open world zombie game before. And I got to say, it could work really well. I can see it looking and handling the way RE5 did but taking place in a big confined city. Sort of like the way Batman Arkham City was. The camera is more zoomed in on the character then in games like Grand Theft Auto and Alan Wake. You can't just steal cars and whatnot, because the city is rundown. And whenever you get lucky and can get a car working you can drive, but until the car either breaks down or the gas runs out. Therefore leaving you stranded and limiting you. The zombies in this game will come in packs and won't be easy to take down. These zombies can take a bullet, sort of like crimsons in Resident Evil REmake. But they aren't just there for you to kill lingering around the city. They come at you at unexpected moments. That way, traversing through the city is made scary and unpredictable. I even thought about saving civilians being part of the game. Like let's say you hear a scream coming from a house with the lights flickering. You enter the house not knowing what is gonna come out from any corner or room trying to find the source of the scream.
You just pretty much summarized Dead Island. I would be ok with an open world zombie shooter but I don't see a reason for it to be a Resident Evil game.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
You just pretty much summarized Dead Island. I would be ok with an open world zombie shooter but I don't see a reason for it to be a Resident Evil game.

Dead Island stole my idea!? And they made it first person too...yuck. But really? You can do all that in Dead Island? I have the game, but I haven't opened it yet. I hate how deceiving the trailer was. Now The Last of Us is a game I'm looking out for.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:07 pm

It would be cool to see a open world RE title that is a spin off....NOT in the main series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:10 pm

I don't think I would like an open world Resident Evil game. I do wish the new games were like the originals though.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Funny, I know I mentioned something about this before.

I do like the idea of having it an Open world, kinda like GTA4. That's probably the reason I had even thought of it, playing GTA4 and realizing it would be really cool to be able to roam around a Raccoon City freely, seeing all the locations we know from RE2, RE3, the Outbreaks, etc.

But I do not want this for every RE game, I had always envisioned it with File#3. I'm not sure if ORC is gonna have free roam like that though...
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm

When did "third person shooter" get thrown in there. Dead Rising is clearly an open-world sandbox game with zombies thrown in. The view is third person since you can see your character. Third Person shooters are games like Max Payne, Syphon Filter, SOCOM and ORC. Ofcourse some games can cross into another genre but Dead Rising is more of a sandbox (open world) game than anything.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:59 pm

BTW, just to clarify, when I say I'd like an open free roam, "Sandbow" location, I want the game to still play like RE.

So RE's controls, but being able to roam around. Imagine actually being able to get into a vehicle too, multiplayer, you and your survivor buds get to get in a vehicle and drive away from the hordes of zombies.

It's just such a cool idea...
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I'm not sure if ORC is gonna have free roam like that though...
I don't think it will. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:38 am

Sargent D wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
I'm not sure if ORC is gonna have free roam like that though...
I don't think it will. Neutral

Or to what extent. Based on what I've seen, it appears to have a good amount of open area, versus secluded hallways and stuff like that.

Dis game comes out this month!!!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:21 am

Turo602 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Dead Island stole my idea!? And they made it first person too...yuck. But really? You can do all that in Dead Island? I have the game, but I haven't opened it yet. I hate how deceiving the trailer was. Now The Last of Us is a game I'm looking out for.
The first person view works rather well. Yeah, you can do pretty much all that in the game Very Happy The way you wrote that was almost exactly like the game, minus the third person view. What do you have it for? I have it for PC and it's amazing. A little too forgiving with the deaths at times, although it is needed if you pley it single player because the game gets rather hard. Last of Us is looking like a promising game but it's a little too early to say if it will have open world or not.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:20 am

Spike991 wrote:
BTW, just to clarify, when I say I'd like an open free roam, "Sandbow" location, I want the game to still play like RE.

So RE's controls, but being able to roam around. Imagine actually being able to get into a vehicle too, multiplayer, you and your survivor buds get to get in a vehicle and drive away from the hordes of zombies.

That's a really good idea. I would really add civilians who are in trouble and who need to be saved which could be an objective as turo stated. RE 6 seems to have civilians running around for help though i find chris to shoving them away.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:43 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

That's a really good idea. I would really add civilians who are in trouble and who need to be saved which could be an objective as turo stated. RE 6 seems to have civilians running around for help though i find chris to shoving them away.
Yet again, Dead Island has all that. Anyway, I'm guessing you can (or have to) rescue at least someone in RE6, as the No Hope Left site (link is the picture in my sig) has had videos and sound clips from a person beggin to be saved. Unless it turns out to be another plot twist.
Back to top Go down
Turo602
Zombie
Zombie
Turo602

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Turo602 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

The first person view works rather well. Yeah, you can do pretty much all that in the game Very Happy The way you wrote that was almost exactly like the game, minus the third person view. What do you have it for? I have it for PC and it's amazing. A little too forgiving with the deaths at times, although it is needed if you pley it single player because the game gets rather hard. Last of Us is looking like a promising game but it's a little too early to say if it will have open world or not.
I'm sure it works well, but the First Person view is being whored out as of late. I'd rather see my character. I have it for the 360 along with many other games I haven't opened yet. So many great deals... Yeah, the first trailer looked very interesting and it seems like a big deal. Hopefully it's really good.

EDIT: Eh, I just saw some videos of Dead Island. Reminds me of Left 4 Dead with a Dead Rising twist. Doesn't really look scary and it seems to lack the dark atmosphere I envisioned. I'm sure Dead Island is a great game, but not exactly what I'm looking for zombie game wise. If only I can share my vision with developers...
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:37 pm

nah im not up for an open world. i like it in certain games but not Resi. Orc looks cool but i still have my concerns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil - open world poll   Resident evil - open world poll Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident evil - open world poll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next