HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?

Go down 
+24
ohmybasch
Methsia
Vandal
VoyageTreader08
RE Psycho
RaviorStygian
Martin85
NiteKrawler
chrisredfield84
Mass Distraction
chrisredfielmusculo
Jill Sandwich
DXP
Nobudy
RebelliousQueen
lyfesArcanum
Kino_00
00biohazard
Monster Mash
fernandofan08
Sargent D
ChrisSherry
ThomVD
LeonEMeFFinKennedy
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:44 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

As a human. Honestly, we don't care about your opinion as a "game designer" because you almost certainly are not one. So if you are not one, you cannot give an opinion as one. And if you are one, we will basically never believe you. We've already had people come in here acting like Capcom employees. Gets old.

He said it damn right. Exactly, you don't have to say that you are game designer and what so ever. Please stop acting like you knew everything about RE. I respect your opinion, but I can't see your point. I am sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:52 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
DXP wrote:

But its still cliche right? I wouldn't change Wesker dying at all just the other 90% of 5 the thing is they already had a great story to begin with but the final result was something that to this day confuses the hell out of me.

Were you confused because you don't know why they did what they did, or because you are truly confused about what exactly happened?

Why they decided that god complex wesker was the way forward, why they decided that Spencer the most elusive character in the entire series not only needed about a few minutes in terms of screen time but had to be murdered by Wesker in the way he was, why we had to accept Sheva and those are the basics.

DXP wrote:
Now would it be my opinion as a gamer? Or my opinion as a games designer?

As a human. Honestly, we don't care about your opinion as a "game designer" because you almost certainly are not one. So if you are not one, you cannot give an opinion as one. And if you are one, we will basically never believe you. We've already had people come in here acting like Capcom employees. Gets old.

How about I scan my degree then the one I went to uni for 4 years and poured blood and sweat into? I'm not claiming something I'm not I am a qualified games designer I have a combined honours art degree and have the BA at the end of my name to prove it so unless i've just made all that up (provide evidence that I have because you won't be able to) I am not them people and no way in hell would I act anything like someone from capcom. So once again i've given my point not only as a gamer but a qualified games designer

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:

He said it damn right. Exactly, you don't have to say that you are game designer and what so ever. Please stop acting like you knew everything about RE. I respect your opinion, but I can't see your point. I am sorry.

I never once claimed I know everything about RE did I? Shocked I am going off all the material that capcom themselves released to the public whether that was in press releases, archive books hell even the re5 artworks covers everything i've gone over.

Last edited by DXP on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:56 pm

It's just that your opinion isn't more valid if you are a game designer and sometimes you make it sound like you think that.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:06 pm

I want to know how a thread about everyone's opinion on re5 now is going on about my opinion as both a games designer and a gamer? Its a free country (last time I checked) so shall we try and keep this on topic i've given my opinion.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:31 pm

So someone who has a BA can't even use proper grammar or sentence structure? You are making me lol pretty hardcore here. Stop trying so hard. It is not me who has to prove what you say, it is you. And I am sure you won't prove a thing. What games have you even worked on then?
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:44 pm

Quote :
Yeah sorry about my massive amounts of text its a habit of mine >.< 5 was looking like a good game but obviously the final product was not up to standard in the games industry you have to evolve the original concept and in terms of sequels you have to better the game than the predecessor RE5 didn't do that one bit it took the real time inventory from outbreak, the behind the shoulder cam from 4, weapon management from 4 the only thing that was new was co-op. so 5's story was not Cliche' d at all? So wesker acting like Neo from the matrix, Chris somehow managing not only to survive a hot volcano and being able to punch a boulder clean in half isn't cliche? =P Like I say I don't have a problem with people liking 5 that's their opinion but I will never accept it into canon.

Dude, hating it, is fine, not playing it is OK, considering it to be a horrible game, alright, but not considering it canon? now that´s a bit much. Guess you won´t be able to play RE6, or watch damnation, since they consider the events of RE5 as canon.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:11 am

What I wasn't so keen on about RE5 was about how you move the characters. They looked so dumb trying to turn 90 degrees clockwise. Though it's actually quite giggly to look at, especially if you look at a n00b do it. LOL
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 7:16 am

VoyageTreader08 wrote:
I liked the game except for:

-Terrible inventory

i think the inventory was great,really basic and realistic

-Terrible AI

agreed

-Lack of horror

agreed

-Game was too hard, even on normal difficulty...for me at least

not really that hard,it was all about keeping the pace
and the game being hard is not a bad thing imo
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

Playstation Network ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:23 am

Damn, everyone needs to chill in this thread.
How about sum' herbs?
*passes the dutchie in the left hand side*

As for what I thought of RE5, well when I first finished it, I completely hated. I hated how they killed off Wesker and I didn't really care much for the story.

2 years later, I went back to it and realized really it wasn't that bad. The Mercenaries Mode is very addictive, and the multiplayer in the campaign is very enjoyable.

The graphics I'm still not a big fan of. Really people shouldn't be bitching about Chris being on steroids, just look at everyone else in the game. Absolutely EVERYONE looked weird, Jill and Sheva looked like they had the exact same body, their shoulders were too sharp, their breast look extremely fake. Excella's body looked realistic, but again, the breast were o.0 Wesker had wrinkles for some reason, even though I thought he wouldn't age with the virus in his body (don't kill me for this, but I always think of Wesker as a vampire or something lol). The only characters that looked good in those graphics where Josh, Rebecca and Barry.

The other thing was the AI, they should have put more commands to give to the AI so they wouldn't be as annoying.

The last and the most annoying of all was the character's movements. They were way too stiff, they didn't run fast enough, they didn't aim fast enough, often I get killed by a Majini because I had to stop on my tracks and reload.

That's all I didn't like about RE5, but as a game itself , it was ok, it was fun to play while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:49 am

ohmybasch wrote:
The last and the most annoying of all was the character's movements. They were way too stiff, they didn't run fast enough, they didn't aim fast enough, often I get killed by a Majini because I had to stop on my tracks and reload.
The controls have been the same in every game thus far. Why hate on it now?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:52 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ohmybasch wrote:

This is very true. And in RE5, they were more fluid than any other RE game.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ohmybasch wrote:

Yeah, every game has enemies you have to figure out to go around and avoid but the majini I find more annoying than zombies.
One can grab you from the back and another can hit you from the front, it's annoying to not have an action sequence of some sort to dodge them or to counter attack. This is a 2009 game, we shouldn't be using the same method from the 90's. Also back in the old games, you could just reload in the Menu so this wasn't as annoying to players, of course it wasn't realistic but whatever, and even when they did reload in real action gameplay, it wasn't that slow for certain weapons.

RE is turning more action-ish, so why keep the same stiff controls? With so many games where you can run and shoot, walk and reload, it's simply not logical for a game this new to not adopt those controls. In any situation, zombie outbreak or a warzone, a soldier can walk and aim, it's not rocket science, and people have been asking for this to change for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:18 am

You do know that even if they had made the controls like you mentioned there would still be a whole bunch of people crying that the controls are not RE. Isn't that the same with RE4 too? Enemies can grab you and you have to stand still to reload. In any case, it just makes you strategize your gameplay and that's only a good thing. Makes it more survival-ish. As for reloading from the menu, you can do that in RE5 too. If you get good at it, it's way faster than reloading some weapons manually.

I do agree though, more fluent controls are the way to go. The controls in RE5 are no complaint of mine but I did appreciate the shoot/realod while walking mechanic that was present in Mercenaries 3D and Revelations. It seems to be implemented in RE6 too so at least there you got your wish.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 am

I do have to mention that more fluent controls take away a lot of the panic scares that RE4 and 5 gave you. Dr Salvador isn't scary if you're superman.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:31 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
You do know that even if they had made the controls like you mentioned there would still be a whole bunch of people crying that the controls are not RE. Isn't that the same with RE4 too? Enemies can grab you and you have to stand still to reload. In any case, it just makes you strategize your gameplay and that's only a good thing. Makes it more survival-ish. As for reloading from the menu, you can do that in RE5 too. If you get good at it, it's way faster than reloading some weapons manually.

I do agree though, more fluent controls are the way to go. The controls in RE5 are no complaint of mine but I did appreciate the shoot/realod while walking mechanic that was present in Mercenaries 3D and Revelations. It seems to be implemented in RE6 too so at least there you got your wish.

For some reason, RE4 was easier than RE5 for me, so that's why I didn't complain about RE4. The ganados didn't grab as much, the majini were just dead on rapists. Yeah, there will always be people that complain about something, but isn't that life. I think that even if it did have controls such as COD or something, there's still ways to make it a horror survival. Giving better movements to your character doesn't make it less scarier. It's in the atmosphere, the music, the characters. It's in the hands of good story telling.

The only thing I've seen in horror games about bad character movements that I can completely agree makes it more realistic and survival-ish is with the characters of Silent Hill. They get tired when they run, they can trip over things, that makes it good, makes them look like regular people and that would be cool and scary to put in more horror games, even with COD controls.

Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:37 am

To me, the atmosphere wasn't what made the new games scary. It was the enemies that were deadly, it was so intense. Me and my friend always paniced if a chainsaw guy or reaper approached us. Good controls would hinder that.

So I'm okay with the controls we have now.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:54 am

ThomVD wrote:
To me, the atmosphere wasn't what made the new games scary. It was the enemies that were deadly, it was so intense. Me and my friend always paniced if a chainsaw guy or reaper approached us. Good controls would hinder that.

So I'm okay with the controls we have now.

Yeah that is scary, but they could find a way around that to still make the monsters just as deadly. What I really want is a faster game with fair fights. Developers could make your character run and shoot but the character itself can get tired of running or can trip over things, with a good director and screenwriter, the possibilities are endless. Make the character more human than "oh, he's really slow". Put obstacles to make the character trapped in the situation, no where to run. To change the controls does not mean to change the genre.

With soldiers like Leon and Chris, they're especially trained to be good at what they do, they shouldn't be stiff. That's what should also differentiate from each character, their stamina and movement. A game like this is not impossible to make. If not in PS3, we could some day see this made PS4, if the series doesn't end in part 6 with PS3.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:04 pm

There's actually going to be a stamina meter in RE6, in addition to being able to move while shooting and reloading.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
There's actually going to be a stamina meter in RE6, in addition to being able to move while shooting and reloading.

Really?
That's cool, I can't wait to play RE6 Eeeeeee XD

BTW, is it true they're going to put Umbrella Chronicles on PS3, when does it come out?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Not just Umbrella Chronicles, both of the Chronicles games are being made into HD ports for PS3. They're set to release in June.
Back to top Go down
ohmybasch
Zombie
Zombie
ohmybasch

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Cool, is there a price set already?
Back to top Go down
jdog110997
Cerberus
Cerberus
jdog110997

Playstation Network jdog110997

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:09 pm

i'm so getting those, i bet there going to be awsome
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Not yet but I'm guessing they'll be priced at the same amount as the HD ports of RE4 and CVX.

Aaaanyway, let's not get too off topic here.
Back to top Go down
jdog110997
Cerberus
Cerberus
jdog110997

Playstation Network jdog110997

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm

On topic:

I think RE5 was ok. and yea it was scary with those chainsaw guys. i hope in RE6 there will be even scarier enemies
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:21 pm

i realize now that RE5 wasn't meant to be scary, and most people think it was meant to be action. (especially the last level) but now that i think about it, they were trying to overwhelm the player with enemies coming from all directions to make them panic instead of being scared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next