HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?

Go down 
+24
ohmybasch
Methsia
Vandal
VoyageTreader08
RE Psycho
RaviorStygian
Martin85
NiteKrawler
chrisredfield84
Mass Distraction
chrisredfielmusculo
Jill Sandwich
DXP
Nobudy
RebelliousQueen
lyfesArcanum
Kino_00
00biohazard
Monster Mash
fernandofan08
Sargent D
ChrisSherry
ThomVD
LeonEMeFFinKennedy
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:52 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
All in all a good game. I would say an excellent game which mixed horror with action.

Well if horror to you involves running around with over 200+ ammo for a shotgun then yeah that's horror but each to their own. =)

Jill Sandwich wrote:

They kinda already did it with 6. I would've liked it if it was revealed about Jake being Wesker's son in the game, not the trailer. Also, I forgot all about the original plans for 5. I wonder why Capcom threw out those concepts? scratch

Because in the end its all about money and destroying a franchise anyway Capcom can, Wait put zombies in RE5 and give the fans what they want? Noooo lets get enemies like the ones in 4 because that's original =_= I would love to have seen Excella impaled by a tyrant like Wesker in RE1, my heart would have being beating if I was put up against not just majini but zombies too at the same time capcom really dropped the ball with 5.

Monster Mash wrote:
In the trailer, there was a scene where Chris is pinned down and is about to be decapitated. Was that supposed to be a death sequence or part of the story?

I would say part of the story but if its anything like Revelations was its just to put the viewer/fan into a false sense of security.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:05 am

DXP wrote:
chrisredfield84 wrote:
All in all a good game. I would say an excellent game which mixed horror with action.

Well if horror to you involves running around with over 200+ ammo for a shotgun then yeah that's horror but each to their own. =)

Jill Sandwich wrote:

They kinda already did it with 6. I would've liked it if it was revealed about Jake being Wesker's son in the game, not the trailer. Also, I forgot all about the original plans for 5. I wonder why Capcom threw out those concepts? scratch

Because in the end its all about money and destroying a franchise anyway Capcom can, Wait put zombies in RE5 and give the fans what they want? Noooo lets get enemies like the ones in 4 because that's original =_= I would love to have seen Excella impaled by a tyrant like Wesker in RE1, my heart would have being beating if I was put up against not just majini but zombies too at the same time capcom really dropped the ball with 5.

Monster Mash wrote:
In the trailer, there was a scene where Chris is pinned down and is about to be decapitated. Was that supposed to be a death sequence or part of the story?

I would say part of the story but if its anything like Revelations was its just to put the viewer/fan into a false sense of security.

Wow the RE5 hate is strong in this one!! RE5 sense of horror wasn´t the darkness and dread of not having bullets, but it was the continuous onslaught of enemies and death, not being given a moment´s rest (in the old RE titles all you had to do was go to a save room or visit some rooms you previously cleared), having to resolve weapons and inventory in real time, it was all about survival, being quick, and having your wits about you the entire game. It was a a roller coaster ride. And having zombies in RE5 would have really killed the pacing and would´ve not made any sense. I mean,come on, the series has to change it up, it would have been boring with slow ass zombies grunting all the time through out the game, just so fans of old would have an easter egg. With the bullet style survival RE5 was, generic zombies would´ve killed the experience. The majini look way more savage, and evil than your run of the mill zombie. They were actually smart. That made the game so survival, that to the squeamish, it became horror. Maybe not to us RE veterans, but to the common man, like for example my sis and some of her friends, RE5 was scary.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:10 am

I loved it.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:16 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
I loved it. Especially mercenaries. Had great replay value. But the campaign mode or story walkthrough was not interesting. Like stages where we had to rush to a boat with time ticking to explode. That was hardly a challenge and was cheap. I jus tossed a few grenades to distract the dogs and majinis and made my way out. But some stages made me think. Like uroboros fight where use of flame thrower was critical and a good aim was needed to take out the boss. New weapons also interested me like grenade launcher, SIG 556, Hydra but did not find much options for hand gun as RE 4 gave me. Or may be i did not notice or was less valuable in the game.But boss fight with wesker was jus cheap.Hiding from him...WTH.

no............
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 am

Chris is right (for once). As much as I love RE5, I have to admit that it didn't have any horror at all.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:22 am

ThomVD wrote:
Chris is right (for once). As much as I love RE5, I have to admit that it didn't have any horror at all.

I disagree.

The horror at seeing how they massacred Wesker, how horrid the voice actor who replaced the legend which is Richard Waugh, the horror of seeing how bad the series had become made RE5 the most scary game to date.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:26 am

And what exactly is so terrible about RE5 aside from the lack of horror (which isn't necessarily a flaw) and the different voice actors (which isn't necessarily a flaw either)?

It is undoubtly different from the old games, but whether it's good or bad is an opinion. And that is a fact.

So please say that you didn't like/enjoy the game and not that the game is bad.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am

It probably would have been a good bit better had the original template been kept. With the bright sunlight contrasting with the dark areas, there really could have been some horrifying moments. Also, when Chris was under attack, enemies seemed to be pouring out everywhere. The final version just seemed so much more tame.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:38 am

DXP wrote:
Wait put zombies in RE5 and give the fans what they want? Noooo lets get enemies like the ones in 4 because that's original =_=
Chill out man, they're having zombies in the next game. It's not like a couple of games not having zombies is enough to ruin the experiance. Variation ftw!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:48 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Chill out man, they're having zombies in the next game. It's not like a couple of games not having zombies is enough to ruin the experiance. Variation ftw!

2 games later and they decide that zombies need to come back it can only mean good things I hope anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:49 am

To be honest I never thought zombies should come back. I'm glad to see that these will be faster and more cunning.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
To be honest I never thought zombies should come back. I'm glad to see that these will be faster and more cunning.
Yeah, new and improved virus makes em more dangerous than ever before. Maybe even more dangerous than Ganados or Majini seeing as they don't have anything controlling them and act based on impulse etc.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 12:54 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Yeah, new and improved virus makes em more dangerous than ever before. Maybe even more dangerous than Ganados or Majini seeing as they don't have anything controlling them and act based on impulse etc.

This is interesting.. Damn, now I really want to play RE6!!
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeah, traditional zombies get pretty old after a while. They're intelligent, more maneuverable variants (Rage virus infected, Ganados, Majini, Crossed) are far more interesting and terrifying. I do like how the zombies in RE6 seem to be more like the infected from 28 Days Later.

And who says that all RE fans wanted zombies to come back after RE4? I for one was looking forward to development in the type of villains that were seen in RE4.
Back to top Go down
Martin85
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Martin85

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:16 pm

I enjoyed it, but at the same time I didn't make much of it as a 'horror' game. I understand things must change, and that the old classic style of RE is gone forever. I accept that. Still, RE4 and onwards marks a steady decline in 'horror' for the series, in my opinion. RE5 was worse for the fact that you (in my opinion) need to play it with a second person. I found it awful in single-player, because Sheva's AI is so bad. In two-player, it's a lot of fun, however. Great co-op game!
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:41 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I loved it. Great story, great gameplay, beautiful graphics, nice music and a lot of replay value.
Glad to hear you like it. Smile

I think it's a near masterpiece. I just did a one sitting playthrough of the whole game on co-op mode and it was great fun. The way it's structured in story and level progression is perfect. The game play is addictive and easy to work with, and it's still graphically very impressive, especially since it came out in 2005.

The game is still fun alone and in co-op.

So yeah, I find it to be a great addition to the RE franchise, and a very satisfying conclusion to the biggest story arc in the series so far.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:10 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
I loved it. Great story, great gameplay, beautiful graphics, nice music and a lot of replay value.
Glad to hear you like it. Smile

I think it's a near masterpiece. I just did a one sitting playthrough of the whole game on co-op mode and it was great fun. The way it's structured in story and level progression is perfect. The game play is addictive and easy to work with, and it's still graphically very impressive, especially since it came out in 2005.

The game is still fun alone and in co-op.

So yeah, I find it to be a great addition to the RE franchise, and a very satisfying conclusion to the biggest story arc in the series so far.

Didn´t RE5 come out in 2008? not that I disagree, I love RE5.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:40 pm

00biohazard wrote:
It came out March 13, 2009. I didn't look that up either, I will always remember that release date. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:51 pm

I rank it dead last on my list of fav RE games list. It lacked atmosphere and the feeling of survival horror, the things that made RE the great game franchise that it is.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:04 pm

I liked the game except for:

-Terrible inventory
-Terrible AI
-Lack of horror
-Game was too hard, even on normal difficulty...for me at least
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Sargent D wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
It came out March 13, 2009. I didn't look that up either, I will always remember that release date. lol
Oh, my mistake. Razz

I actually tried Versus. It's okay. You really shouldn't be able to shoot other players though.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:45 pm

DXP wrote:
Wait put zombies in RE5 and give the fans what they want? Noooo lets get enemies like the ones in 4 because that's original =_=

Technically, zombies are less original than the Plagas creatures. I mean...I'm a zombie fan as much as the next guy, but sometimes logic is fun. Give it a try.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:06 am

NiteKrawler wrote:

Technically, zombies are less original than the Plagas creatures. I mean...I'm a zombie fan as much as the next guy, but sometimes logic is fun. Give it a try.

they maybe less original but they evoke a fear in every person since they resemble us just zombified, plagas creatures will never do that.
Its gone way to much into action territory 4 was perfect and to this day it hasn't being topped or beaten by any other RE game this includes 5 since all 5 was, was a copy and paste job with nothing new.

I had the game a day before it even came out in the UK and was thinking oh it can't be that bad can it? Yes it was bad, so bad that I haven't touched the game for a few years now and I still have things to complete on it. I have a feeling with RE6 it will actually surpass 5 one reason being that the development team all worked on the original RE games(including 4) and I may have posted this somewhere before but 5 felt like the team couldn't decide which direction the series should go, the old tech designs/documents made me realize how much I would have preferred them ones over the final build.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:46 am

DXP wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

they maybe less original but they evoke a fear in every person since they resemble us just zombified, plagas creatures will never do that.
Its gone way to much into action territory 4 was perfect and to this day it hasn't being topped or beaten by any other RE game this includes 5 since all 5 was, was a copy and paste job with nothing new.

I had the game a day before it even came out in the UK and was thinking oh it can't be that bad can it? Yes it was bad, so bad that I haven't touched the game for a few years now and I still have things to complete on it. I have a feeling with RE6 it will actually surpass 5 one reason being that the development team all worked on the original RE games(including 4) and I may have posted this somewhere before but 5 felt like the team couldn't decide which direction the series should go, the old tech designs/documents made me realize how much I would have preferred them ones over the final build.

4 had a terribad cliche story and the same gameplay (only not as refined) as RE5. The only thing RE4 had over 5 was like...3 or so "horror" elements. Yes, RE5 was more action oriented than RE4, but some of us don't mind it. I don't. Still felt like RE to. Well it felt like RE4. Not the classic ones.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:49 am

My only problem with RE5 was that it was censored for a broader audience, in more ways than one. I still love and play to game today with my friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next