HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?

Go down 
+24
ohmybasch
Methsia
Vandal
VoyageTreader08
RE Psycho
RaviorStygian
Martin85
NiteKrawler
chrisredfield84
Mass Distraction
chrisredfielmusculo
Jill Sandwich
DXP
Nobudy
RebelliousQueen
lyfesArcanum
Kino_00
00biohazard
Monster Mash
fernandofan08
Sargent D
ChrisSherry
ThomVD
LeonEMeFFinKennedy
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:53 am

I love RE5, me and my bro play on it together sometimes.

When I first pkayed it, I thought it was too bloody bright and Chris' stupid muscles
were taking over the screen. Then I heard about how you can play Sheva on your second
playthrough.

The only scary parts for me were in the ruins and the part where you meet the lickers.

Then I grew to like Chris cause I bought CVX and REmake, so I pretty much don't mind playing as him.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
4 had a terribad cliche story
I disagree. It was cliche, sure, but it wasn't terrible. It was an enjoyable story in my opinion. Nothing original, but it get's the job done. It's purpose was to introduce the Las Plagas, and show how Wesker could have gotten a hold of them in RE5 (right?). And who knows, it may become more relevant in RE6. And since Ada is apparently going to be the next big villain, it's nice to have a modern RE game have a lot of involvement from her in the plot. More people will recognize her.

I still think RE4 is better than RE5, mainly because I feel the gameplay is tighter and feels smoother, I like the level design and level progression a lot more, the inventory system was more enjoyable, and mercs is a tad bit more fun to play in 4, even though there's less content.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:29 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
DXP wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Technically, zombies are less original than the Plagas creatures. I mean...I'm a zombie fan as much as the next guy, but sometimes logic is fun. Give it a try.

they maybe less original but they evoke a fear in every person since they resemble us just zombified, plagas creatures will never do that.
Its gone way to much into action territory 4 was perfect and to this day it hasn't being topped or beaten by any other RE game this includes 5 since all 5 was, was a copy and paste job with nothing new.

I had the game a day before it even came out in the UK and was thinking oh it can't be that bad can it? Yes it was bad, so bad that I haven't touched the game for a few years now and I still have things to complete on it. I have a feeling with RE6 it will actually surpass 5 one reason being that the development team all worked on the original RE games(including 4) and I may have posted this somewhere before but 5 felt like the team couldn't decide which direction the series should go, the old tech designs/documents made me realize how much I would have preferred them ones over the final build.

4 had a terribad cliche story and the same gameplay (only not as refined) as RE5. The only thing RE4 had over 5 was like...3 or so "horror" elements. Yes, RE5 was more action oriented than RE4, but some of us don't mind it. I don't. Still felt like RE to. Well it felt like RE4. Not the classic ones.

I agree with ol´ nitey. RE5 was a very good game, if you stop analyzing it with the purist RE fan scope. I mean, we´re not going to compare RE5, with REmake in terms of horror are we? and the only reason most people favor RE4 over RE5 is because of the supposed (and there were few), horror elements. After the village, the game becomes typical action game, and at least RE5 embraced the action element and elaborated on it, making a more dynamic and fun experience. RE4 isn´t a great horror game, that wasn´t what made it great at all. It was a great GAME, it was fun, that´s what got the sales, and that´s what got capcom on board with the new direction of RE5.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 12:56 pm

00biohazard wrote:

I agree with ol´ nitey. RE5 was a very good game, if you stop analyzing it with the purist RE fan scope. I mean, we´re not going to compare RE5, with REmake in terms of horror are we? and the only reason most people favor RE4 over RE5 is because of the supposed (and there were few), horror elements. After the village, the game becomes typical action game, and at least RE5 embraced the action element and elaborated on it, making a more dynamic and fun experience. RE4 isn´t a great horror game, that wasn´t what made it great at all. It was a great GAME, it was fun, that´s what got the sales, and that´s what got capcom on board with the new direction of RE5.

After the village you say? So the creepy cultists in the creepy castle, along with the creepy cloaking Novistadors? And here I was thinking that was a creepy atmosphere. Not to mention the heavy breathing regenerators. How about the bag with something inside that starts moving around but you never know exactly what it is? The thing is people forget that RE4 was an Action Horror game it had plenty of action and plenty of freaky disturbing creepy shit compared to 5 yet once again we have people who still say 4 and 5 are action when clearly 4 isn't.

The thing is Shinji Mikami made RE4 so damn good that nothing after 4 has suppased it all 5 was a bad clone using all of mechanics that 4 had but removed the things that made 4 great, which ironically enough meant getting rid of anything remotely horror. I once thought that 5 was going to be a great addition to the franchise when it was announced the environment was to play a big part in the game I was excited, but no that was never even in the game in the end having the return of Wesker and Chris and their never ending battle I was impressed because here I was thinking it would finally put an end to the STARS arc that has gone on for years.

But what we got was a villain who became your typical (but awesomely acted) comic book villain to the point I was like Shocked what the hell have they done to him. They gave Chris the infamous roid arms, then of course we thought Jill was dead but all that happened to her was a new hair colour oh and something about her being wesker's bitch. And then we have Sheva (She has no purpose as a character) who instead of Jill takes a rocket launcher in hand and fires at wesker when no it should have being Jill.

The other thing about 5 is as of now divided the entire fanbase the veterans who had being with the series since 1996 all had the same expression and that was wtf were capcom thinking when they made this game? and then we have the action people who like blowing the shit out of anything that moves who never encountered the original games until after playing through either 4 or 5, now some also saw what RE had become and sided with the veterans but the other half decided that they wanted RE to be more actiony and as a result of that jun takeuchi left the series behind because the veterans ended up hating RE5, RE6 now caters for both crowds but once again the action sections are more than the horror section (Yes Leon's chapter is shorter than Chris's) but with 6 I have a feeling it will bring both fan-bases together I hope anyway.

I find it ironic that to this day Shinji Mikami himself won't play 5 (can't blame him) Anything horror died when 5 was released in my eyes anyway Revelations tried to do that and it did it perfectly mixing both action and horror now if they did that with 6 but added more emphasis on horror than action it would bring back more fans, the ones that felt like outcasts and to this day still do because apparently we don't 'Get It' as i've heard from several people I know.

Anyway (rambled on as usual) RE5 is the worst in the entire series and no one is going to convince me otherwise, i've played it though enough times to know it was the worst, it took everything as a fan I knew and threw it out the window and presented me with something not even I could make sense of (wesker children, God complex wesker, Sheva I am such an important character) I could go on and the only reason after all that crap that I even completed it was because I wanted closure and to some extent I did but not the way I would have done it.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:20 pm

I know where you're coming from DXP and I agree that the fan base is divided when it comes to old generation vs new generation. RE4 did have some creepy factor in it and you pointed some out. Another one was the area with the Bella sisters, the first appearance of the Colmillos, etc. Not to mention that RE4 also had better environments than 5. There was day, night, rain and fog (if I remember correctly). Also, 4 kept the creepy elements for a good while through out half the game. After you left Salazar's castle and reached the island, it then becomes more action focused. RE5 was just straight up action from the door. Don't get me wrong, 4 had it's flaws too. Like 5, it too can become tedious and more like ''Do I have to?" in some parts of the game ( the mine cart area in Salazar's castle and the fight with the ganados militia before you save Ashley for the final time are examples). 4 also had cliche moments and a bad ending just like 5. Sure 5 is my least favorite, but I don't hate it, nor do I think it's the worst in the series. Like I said in my last post, it just felt like RE4v2.0 and had the potential to become so much better. Anyway, I do agree that Jill should've been the one to fire the rocket with Chris to bring them closure. I too hope RE6 will suture the deep cut in the fan base and will make everyone happy old, current and new.

Last edited by Jill Sandwich on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:23 pm

There are also people that like both the new and old games, like me. Okay, I'd prefer the old style games, but I don't mind the new ones. I love them too.

And @DXP: Please say that it's the worst in your opinion.

DXP wrote:
wtf were capcom thinking when they made this game?
Paul loves this sentence xD.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:31 pm

DXP wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

After the village you say? So the creepy cultists in the creepy castle, along with the creepy cloaking Novistadors? And here I was thinking that was a creepy atmosphere. Not to mention the heavy breathing regenerators. How about the bag with something inside that starts moving around but you never know exactly what it is? The thing is people forget that RE4 was an Action Horror game it had plenty of action and plenty of freaky disturbing creepy shit compared to 5 yet once again we have people who still say 4 and 5 are action when clearly 4 isn't.

The thing is Shinji Mikami made RE4 so damn good that nothing after 4 has suppased it all 5 was a bad clone using all of mechanics that 4 had but removed the things that made 4 great, which ironically enough meant getting rid of anything remotely horror. I once thought that 5 was going to be a great addition to the franchise when it was announced the environment was to play a big part in the game I was excited, but no that was never even in the game in the end having the return of Wesker and Chris and their never ending battle I was impressed because here I was thinking it would finally put an end to the STARS arc that has gone on for years.

But what we got was a villain who became your typical (but awesomely acted) comic book villain to the point I was like Shocked what the hell have they done to him. They gave Chris the infamous roid arms, then of course we thought Jill was dead but all that happened to her was a new hair colour oh and something about her being wesker's bitch. And then we have Sheva (She has no purpose as a character) who instead of Jill takes a rocket launcher in hand and fires at wesker when no it should have being Jill.

The other thing about 5 is as of now divided the entire fanbase the veterans who had being with the series since 1996 all had the same expression and that was wtf were capcom thinking when they made this game? and then we have the action people who like blowing the shit out of anything that moves who never encountered the original games until after playing through either 4 or 5, now some also saw what RE had become and sided with the veterans but the other half decided that they wanted RE to be more actiony and as a result of that jun takeuchi left the series behind because the veterans ended up hating RE5, RE6 now caters for both crowds but once again the action sections are more than the horror section (Yes Leon's chapter is shorter than Chris's) but with 6 I have a feeling it will bring both fan-bases together I hope anyway.

I find it ironic that to this day Shinji Mikami himself won't play 5 (can't blame him) Anything horror died when 5 was released in my eyes anyway Revelations tried to do that and it did it perfectly mixing both action and horror now if they did that with 6 but added more emphasis on horror than action it would bring back more fans, the ones that felt like outcasts and to this day still do because apparently we don't 'Get It' as i've heard from several people I know.

Anyway (rambled on as usual) RE5 is the worst in the entire series and no one is going to convince me otherwise, i've played it though enough times to know it was the worst, it took everything as a fan I knew and threw it out the window and presented me with something not even I could make sense of (wesker children, God complex wesker, Sheva I am such an important character) I could go on and the only reason after all that crap that I even completed it was because I wanted closure and to some extent I did but not the way I would have done it.

I could elaborate on all your points, but responding to your biblical text will make no difference, since you have your opinion formed. All I´m saying is that 4 was not very different than 5, the castle was so cliché and the characters were just bleh (I´d take Irving over Salazar any day of the week), and just because you have a night location with try hard monsters does not make something horrific and scary. RE4 was not scary. It had jump scare moments at best, but if I want good jumpscares I´ll go and play RE3. RE4 was fun due to other reasons. And it´s really not at all that different from RE5.

And in that you will not be able to change my mind, because it´s fact. At least RE5´s story was actually not a Cliche´d mess. And besides, what did you expect out of Wesker anyway? the mofo was so cunning and powerful by that point, Albert Wesker didn´t seem like a character who´s end game was to hold the world for ransom. Albert Wesker was never a money hungry thief. And What is there beyond money and power? beyond anything he ever had? exactly what he did in RE5.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 3:38 pm

DXP wrote:
The other thing about 5 is as of now divided the entire fanbase the veterans who had being with the series since 1996 all had the same expression and that was wtf were capcom thinking when they made this game?
Ahem, not speaking for all of us. I've been with the series since the first game and I still hold RE5 as my third favorite RE game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 11:54 pm

Jill Sandwich wrote:
I know where you're coming from DXP and I agree that the fan base is divided when it comes to old generation vs new generation. RE4 did have some creepy factor in it and you pointed some out. Another one was the area with the Bella sisters, the first appearance of the Colmillos, etc. Not to mention that RE4 also had better environments than 5. There was day, night, rain and fog (if I remember correctly). Also, 4 kept the creepy elements for a good while through out half the game. After you left Salazar's castle and reached the island, it then becomes more action focused. RE5 was just straight up action from the door. Don't get me wrong, 4 had it's flaws too. Like 5, it too can become tedious and more like ''Do I have to?" in some parts of the game ( the mine cart area in Salazar's castle and the fight with the ganados militia before you save Ashley for the final time are examples). 4 also had cliche moments and a bad ending just like 5. Sure 5 is my least favorite, but I don't hate it, nor do I think it's the worst in the series. Like I said in my last post, it just felt like RE4v2.0 and had the potential to become so much better. Anyway, I do agree that Jill should've been the one to fire the rocket with Chris to bring them closure. I too hope RE6 will suture the deep cut in the fan base and will make everyone happy old, current and new.

I will admit on the island it did go all action based but then again we had ganadoes with guns after all, but the creepy part on that island were the regenerators, at first I thought they were zombies but obviously they weren't at the end of it but god were they creepy. Again it is cliche after cliche the ending in particular. Another thing that made the game more survival based was having to look out for ashley since the villagers had to capture her she was a priority so watching her back, whilst avoiding said villagers got my heart pounding a lot, not to mention that whole segment where your playing as her since she has not weapons at all.

ThomVD wrote:
There are also people that like both the new and old games, like me. Okay, I'd prefer the old style games, but I don't mind the new ones. I love them too.

And @DXP: Please say that it's the worst in your opinion.

DXP wrote:
wtf were capcom thinking when they made this game?
Paul loves this sentence xD.

Did I not mention those section of players? >.< Yes there is the other side which loves the new and old games funnily enough i'm on that side just not with 5, I love 4 and love Revelations but 5....ORC (i've only being hearing bad things about that).

00biohazard wrote:

I could elaborate on all your points, but responding to your biblical text will make no difference, since you have your opinion formed. All I´m saying is that 4 was not very different than 5, the castle was so cliché and the characters were just bleh (I´d take Irving over Salazar any day of the week), and just because you have a night location with try hard monsters does not make something horrific and scary. RE4 was not scary. It had jump scare moments at best, but if I want good jumpscares I´ll go and play RE3. RE4 was fun due to other reasons. And it´s really not at all that different from RE5.

And in that you will not be able to change my mind, because it´s fact. At least RE5´s story was actually not a Cliche´d mess. And besides, what did you expect out of Wesker anyway? the mofo was so cunning and powerful by that point, Albert Wesker didn´t seem like a character who´s end game was to hold the world for ransom. Albert Wesker was never a money hungry thief. And What is there beyond money and power? beyond anything he ever had? exactly what he did in RE5.

Yeah sorry about my massive amounts of text its a habit of mine >.< 5 was looking like a good game but obviously the final product was not up to standard in the games industry you have to evolve the original concept and in terms of sequels you have to better the game than the predecessor RE5 didn't do that one bit it took the real time inventory from outbreak, the behind the shoulder cam from 4, weapon management from 4 the only thing that was new was co-op. so 5's story was not Cliche' d at all? So wesker acting like Neo from the matrix, Chris somehow managing not only to survive a hot volcano and being able to punch a boulder clean in half isn't cliche? =P Like I say I don't have a problem with people liking 5 that's their opinion but I will never accept it into canon.

Mass Distraction wrote:

Ahem, not speaking for all of us. I've been with the series since the first game and I still hold RE5 as my third favorite RE game.

I've looked on youtube and every RE fan I see posting says the same thing (especially about 6) "What I want is the old games back" Or its "I prefer the original games" Or the best one "I want to know when Remakes of 2 and 3 are done." this is a fan base divided people who have played the originals want the old style gameplay back and funnily enough it can be done with current behind the shoulder but since Capcom haven't decided to do a reboot yet its impossible. The RE 1,2,3 modding community is on the same level as me they too ask wtf capcom was thinking when they went all action based (but obviously 1,2,3 modding the golden oldies) I'm not speaking for the entire fan base i'm speaking from a guy who grew up scared of a survival horror game who fought his own fears of a game, fell in love with the series but then got left with a bitter after taste when 5 finally showed up since everything that made RE to me had gone.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:06 am

I remember back in the day when I would argue with guys like DXP. I just don't care anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:07 am

DXP wrote:
being able to punch a boulder clean in half isn't cliche? =P Like I say I don't have a problem with people liking 5 that's their opinion but I will never accept it into canon.
Umm... The boulder rolled over. It wasn't cut in half. Also, that canon of yours is going to get confusing as hell because Albert Wesker is gone and propably won't be shown again.

DXP wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I've looked on youtube and every RE fan I see posting says the same thing (especially about 6) "What I want is the old games back" Or its "I prefer the original games" Or the best one "I want to know when Remakes of 2 and 3 are done." this is a fan base divided people who have played the originals want the old style gameplay back and funnily enough it can be done with current behind the shoulder but since Capcom haven't decided to do a reboot yet its impossible. The RE 1,2,3 modding community is on the same level as me they too ask wtf capcom was thinking when they went all action based (but obviously 1,2,3 modding the golden oldies) I'm not speaking for the entire fan base i'm speaking from a guy who grew up scared of a survival horror game who fought his own fears of a game, fell in love with the series but then got left with a bitter after taste when 5 finally showed up since everything that made RE to me had gone.
Sorry but I can't take the comments on YT seriously. All people do there is whine for pretty much everything.

Did I not mention that I was with the series from the beginning? You can count on me having been scared by those game. It's just that I was a kid and things like that tend to scare kids. I'm not following this series for the horror. I have other games for that. I'm following it for the characters, the story and the fun gameplay the games present. Well, counting Survivor 2 and Missions out of the fun gameplay part.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I remember back in the day when I would argue with guys like DXP. I just don't care anymore.

I never really cared. If they think that RE4 and/or 5 are bad, then so be it. As long as they say that RE4/5 are bad games in their opinion, it's ok for me.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:46 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Umm... The boulder rolled over. It wasn't cut in half. Also, that canon of yours is going to get confusing as hell because Albert Wesker is gone and propably won't be shown again.

Sorry but I can't take the comments on YT seriously. All people do there is whine for pretty much everything.

Did I not mention that I was with the series from the beginning? You can count on me having been scared by those game. It's just that I was a kid and things like that tend to scare kids. I'm not following this series for the horror. I have other games for that. I'm following it for the characters, the story and the fun gameplay the games present. Well, counting Survivor 2 and Missions out of the fun gameplay part.

But its still cliche right? I wouldn't change Wesker dying at all just the other 90% of 5 the thing is they already had a great story to begin with but the final result was something that to this day confuses the hell out of me.

ThomVD wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

I never really cared. If they think that RE4 and/or 5 are bad, then so be it. As long as they say that RE4/5 are bad games in their opinion, it's ok for me.

Now would it be my opinion as a gamer? Or my opinion as a games designer? As a gamer fine its an action game blam blam its good for that it ended one story arc that had being going on for years. As a designer its stale, the mechanics were nothing new nor did they try to evolve anything. As a designer your job is to think outside the box make something original despite everything being used yet capcom failed to do that with final 5, anyway this is going round in circles i've said my opinion on 5 its the worst in the series for me anyway.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

Playstation Network andrewisthejoker

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:06 am

ThomVD wrote:
And what exactly is so terrible about RE5 aside from the lack of horror (which isn't necessarily a flaw) and the different voice actors (which isn't necessarily a flaw either)?

It is undoubtly different from the old games, but whether it's good or bad is an opinion. And that is a fact.

So please say that you didn't like/enjoy the game and not that the game is bad.

Lack of horror
Lack of atmosphere
generically boring story
Weskers character was murdered
Too much ammunition
Again like 4, the stupidity of backward african villagers with pitchforks continually dropping rifle,handgun, shotgun ammo etc
AI was plain stupid
Coop ruined the game. Relying on an AI partner offline was annoying. Relying online was you either had a noob who just blasted anything then died because they just wasted there ammo shooting walls, or someone just ran so far ahead.

The good bits? Graphics were great. There was about 10 minuets what I thought was perfect; The area where your in the garden with the old Tricell equipment. It was awsome. That was the only bit where it felt lik the old RE games. Suspense, tension. Seeing the licker marks on the walls and the blood. That was perfect. Going past the glass of the rooms full of blood; perfect.

Then there was 20 odd lickers, I thought HOLY SH*T! but then, I didnt need to. All they did was slowly crawl towards you whilst you pumped them full of lead and died.

Worst thing is, you could shot em with the shotgun, flips them over and just knife them is this great big pumping bright red heart and its an instant kill.

Now im sorry, you cannot instant kill lickers. Those sons of bitches, were hard. I just finished LeonA/ClaireB and Claire A on normal mode. I got instant killed by lickers 4 times. Straight up decapitation when i was on caution mode.

They took 11 handgun bullets or 2 shotgun rounds or 2 Acid rounds each. The advance lickers in the Lab took 2 advanced shotgun rounds, and 4 acid rounds. I faced 2 of them, and I was on danger mode. Thats 2 lickers.

They were hard. They did so much damage. Now im suppose to believe that licker B are more advanced and better than the Lickers from RE2, yet I took 20 of them on and took no damage, and they suddenly designed the more advance lickers with a glowing heart on its chest as a weakpoint, whereas the only weakpoint on the original lickers was Acid rounds over Flame rounds.

To be honest, I cant fathom why there are Bio weapons in RE anymore. I mean, one person took out 20 lickers in one room, hundreds of Majini. Surely plagas/uroboros/T-virus are failures lmao!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:12 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
To be honest, I cant fathom why there are Bio weapons in RE anymore. I mean, one person took out 20 lickers in one room, hundreds of Majini. Surely plagas/uroboros/T-virus are failures lmao!
Hasn't that been the case in every RE thus far. Main character going in and killing all the hunters, chimeras, cerberi... It's gameplay and there's no point in complaining about that.

On a side note, I never had any problem with lickers in the old games. The only game lickers ever were a problem to me was Outbreak, since you had basically no ammo and had to hush them off with brooms and such.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
fernandofan08 wrote:
Hasn't that been the case in every RE thus far. Main character going in and killing all the hunters, chimeras, cerberi... It's gameplay and there's no point in complaining about that.

On a side note, I never had any problem with lickers in the old games. The only game lickers ever were a problem to me was Outbreak, since you had basically no ammo and had to hush them off with brooms and such.

Tis what I was alluding to my friend!

Still love how the RPD and Raccoon City was overrun. But Jill was easily able to navigate the city quite easy.

To be honest, Id love an open world Raccoon City. All the zombies in Outbreak, I can imagine all around the city. Everywhere you go in RE3 is closed off/barricaded with many cars and trucks etc. Would be good to see how much of the population there is in RC and then counting how many zombies you kill in the game! Operation mad Jackal had loads and loads of zombies though.

Lickers gave me a problem because im rusty in honesty. LeonB its a simple few shotgun shells and on my way. REmake is still the hardest imo. Hunters are just absolutle swines!
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:32 am

DXP wrote:
Now would it be my opinion as a gamer? Or my opinion as a games designer? As a gamer fine its an action game blam blam its good for that it ended one story arc that had being going on for years. As a designer its stale, the mechanics were nothing new nor did they try to evolve anything. As a designer your job is to think outside the box make something original despite everything being used yet capcom failed to do that with final 5, anyway this is going round in circles i've said my opinion on 5 its the worst in the series for me anyway.

I think that some people take gaming to seriously. I don't care if the game is good or bad from a technical point of view, if I have fun with the game, I like it. Maybe I won't be a good game designer if I think like this, but I don't care. I'm just easily pleased with a game and I can find good things in even the worst games.

fernandofan08 wrote:
Lack of horror
Lack of atmosphere
generically boring story
Too much ammunition
Again like 4, the stupidity of backward african villagers with pitchforks continually dropping rifle,handgun, shotgun ammo etc
AI was plain stupid
Coop ruined the game. Relying on an AI partner offline was annoying. Relying online was you either had a noob who just blasted anything then died because they just wasted there ammo shooting walls, or someone just ran so far ahead.

All of those things are based on opinions (except for the AI, but I never had a problem with that to be honest, aside from some professional parts), so like I said before. Please say that you didn't like the game instead of saying that the game is horrible. If you didn't like the game, that's too bad, but we DID like the game.

And don't question game logic. Even the best games have stuff that isn't possible. Like Ocarina of Time (or any zelda game). There are rupees hidden in stones and pumpkins. In Final Fantasy VII, Sephiroth's supernova destroys almost the entire universe but not three characters. I could go on and on.
Back to top Go down
fernandofan08
Zombie
Zombie
fernandofan08

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 am

ThomVD wrote:
DXP wrote:

I think that some people take gaming to seriously. I don't care if the game is good or bad from a technical point of view, if I have fun with the game, I like it. Maybe I won't be a good game designer if I think like this, but I don't care. I'm just easily pleased with a game and I can find good things in even the worst games.

fernandofan08 wrote:
Lack of horror
Lack of atmosphere
generically boring story
Too much ammunition
AI was plain stupid

All of those things are based on opinions (except for the AI, but I never had a problem with that to be honest, aside from some professional parts), so like I said before. Please say that you didn't like the game instead of saying that the game is horrible. If you didn't like the game, that's too bad, but we DID like the game.

And don't question game logic. Even the best games have stuff that isn't possible. Like Ocarina of Time (or any zelda game). There are rupees hidden in stones and pumpkins. In Final Fantasy VII, Sephiroth's supernova destroys almost the entire universe but not three characters. I could go on and on.

If you like the game then great, but we DIDNT like the game. It appears asif some dont like a game being criticised. Its one of the worst RE games and its up there with outbreak and 4 imo.

And, none of the games have ever been scary. The originals lack of ammunition and health meant that you feared being killed and going back to your last save point. The creatures were ugly but nothing scary. I just cant tell the difference between RE4 and RE5 to many other shooters. Theyre just mostly action and abit boring imo. Glad people enjoyed it though, because thats what games are for; to be enjoyed.

And The game was horrible, if you dont like me saying it then tough; It was horrible. Just like you lauding it is your opinion, me saying its horrible is my opinion. Its a discussion board. Countless times ive gone in depth as to why I dislike a game and why I criticise it but people cant be bothered to read 'essays', when its merely a discussion and im fluently explaining points. Moan about essays, then people moan if you put one word sentances. You cant win on this forum.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:28 am

You don't know what a horrible game is. Try to play any of the CD-I zelda games, or big rigs, or superman 64. You'll never ever say anything about how bad RE4/5 is after that. Horrible is a big word. And didn't you say that the games are good, just not good as a RE game?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:33 am

Who are these "we"? Some people enjoy it, some people don't. That's about it.

@fernandofan: You can't really blame people for not wanting to read long ass posts. I do read them but I can't speak for everyone. Even if you go as deep in the matter as you can it's still just your opinion. People are bound to disagree with something that is not an universal fact. And that there is a fact.

Btw, I haven't seen you posting any one word posts nor have I seen people complaining about your posts being too short. On another note, there is no "winning" in opinions.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:38 am

fernandofan08 wrote:
Its one of the worst RE games and its up there with outbreak

I strongly disagree; Outbreak was in a category of horrible all to itself.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:43 am

What is this sudden hate for Outbreak, I liked the game. Anyway, lets keep the discussion on this thread in RE5.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Wow Mass this is exactly how I am with RE these days. Also, I agree Outbreak was a good RE game.

Anyway, let's not create an argument about ''which is the worst''. In the end, it all comes down to opinion. DXP, fernandofan08 or any other member says they don't like it that's fine. If the rest loved 5 or are neutral about it, that's great as well. After all the thread title does say "Real" opinion on RE5. Questioning one's views on both sides is invalid in opinionated discussions, unless they blatantly state it as 'fact'. After all, it's just a video game with fictional characters, story, etc. So there's no reason to rip each other to shreds or constantly going back and fourth with no resolve.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Jill Sandwich wrote:
Anyway, let's not create an argument about ''which is the worst''. In the end, it all comes down to opinion. DXP, fernandofan08 or any other member says they don't like it that's fine. If the rest loved 5 or are neutral about it, that's great as well. After all the thread title does say "Real" opinion on RE5. Questioning one's views on both sides is invalid in opinionated discussions, unless they blatantly state it as 'fact'. After all, it's just a video game with fictional characters, story, etc. So there's no reason to rip each other to shreds or constantly going back and fourth with no resolve.

I agree. It's just that I don't like it if people act like their opinion is a fact, so I just wanted him to say that it's his opinion, and he did.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:34 pm

DXP wrote:

But its still cliche right? I wouldn't change Wesker dying at all just the other 90% of 5 the thing is they already had a great story to begin with but the final result was something that to this day confuses the hell out of me.

Were you confused because you don't know why they did what they did, or because you are truly confused about what exactly happened?

DXP wrote:
Now would it be my opinion as a gamer? Or my opinion as a games designer?

As a human. Honestly, we don't care about your opinion as a "game designer" because you almost certainly are not one. So if you are not one, you cannot give an opinion as one. And if you are one, we will basically never believe you. We've already had people come in here acting like Capcom employees. Gets old.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?   What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is everyones REAL opinion on RE5 ?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next