HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?

Go down 
+40
Ben4Mieko
Voltius
umegames
Kino_00
ThomVD
RebelliousQueen
Outbreakgirl
00biohazard
kevdliu
Ghost Leader
toddx77
Sargent D
Bub537
The Knife
Cyberote
Monster Mash
Lupus Caelestis
GreggKennedy
ClaireRedfield18
hewitt204
jay397
chocotricks
The Joker
FullMetalWesker
Vandal
Mcghie
HarshlyCritical
ace.redfield
Jacen Dex
Lukong
lessermaster
nekronuke
Methsia
NiteKrawler
RaviorStygian
JamTyrantH
Jamesy
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
Spike991
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:04 pm

What's your opinion about this particular character?

I think that she could be cool, had her moments and all, and her voice actress did a great job, but otherwise, I found her annoying.

The AI is one of the main reasons, and I basically associate the bad, annoying, give me a heart attack everytime I play, AI with her personality, a little unfair, sure, but so was ruining the story with Chris, Jill & Wesker, not that having DC Douglas and a revamped style for Al didn't already do it's part, but that's a completely different story.

Her character just generally wasn't that interesting, and having her forced on us as a constant AI companion, took away aspects from the story, and the gameplay experience that made RE5, not all it could be.

For those of you who feel bad for Sheva getting all this hate, get over it, she isn't the only one. Just start a Degeneration thread and see how quick everybody lights their torches and grabs their pitchforks for Angela.

But anyway, being forced on us, thats one, ruining certain really important plot elements from RE5, like the stuff with Chris and Jill, unnacceptable, and that's two. The horrible AI that is, by default, associated with her, that's strike three, and she's outta here.

Capcom should look at characters such as Billy, Carlos, Steve, Luis, and other sidekick type characters, partners that you have to get to know over the course of the game, and realize that while some may naively, or just casually accept Sheva for what she was, a good chunk will not.

I also feel that the ignorant, and just plain stupid racism claims, I think N'Gai Croal made them, were part of the reason Sheva was in RE5. Maybe she wasn't created to remedy those claims, but I'm sure her role was expanded, in addition to them being very particular about which enemies you fight in the game, or which Majini grabs Alyson(the chick in the red dress(it is red, but like the Wesker stuff, it is a totally different story)). So basically, the cries of racism from the early trailers, caused changes in the game, Sheva is the perfect person to blame, and I'm okay with that for now.

It isn't hopeless though, if she shows up in another game, perhaps a cameo, or more appropriately sized role, then I can see myself slowly warming up to her, which is how it should have been done in the first place.

Anyway, let's hear what others think.Smile
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:21 pm

I found her to be a thorn on my side.She didnt help out much and imo she was only there so it wouldnt be just a white guy killing blacks in africa. With her there no one could complain.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:24 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
I found her to be a thorn on my side.She didnt help out much and imo she was only there so it wouldnt be just a white guy killing blacks in africa. With her there no one could complain.

Capcom should have ignored those complaints. They just feared that if they didn't make strides to change their game a bit, people would riot I guess....at least they would lose money, boycotting or whatever.

Capcom was totally innocent there. I don't even see what it was in the first couple of trailers that made people say that. If the first thing someone thought when they watched those was, "Wow this looks sort of racist", then perhaps they have racism problem, not Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:35 pm

The racism complaints were complete bs. I agree with you Spike, if someone saw something racist in there they propably were a bit racist themselves.

As for Sheva, I actually liked her. To me she's just another sidekick like in almost all of the previous games. Her character was ok and her intrusion in the story didn't bother me that much. The AI never bothered me either since I played only short parts with it and usually I had a friend playing as her. I'm thinking of making a run on amateur with the AI some day. Not gonna bother on higher difficulties, when I play Pro I'm just gonna get another player here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:07 pm

I hope RE5 was her first and LAST resident evil game.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I hope RE5 was her first and LAST resident evil game.

I wouldn't mind that one bit, wouldn't shed a single tear. She almost seemed like a desperate attempt by Capcom, just to say that the game isn't racist. Her role in the game was pretty expendable too, I mean, she was so irrelevant. Really passive throughout, just a tag along. Her occasional lines, like towards Excella, "She's tough I'll give her that much", just seemed weird. Sheva hasn't earned the right to give her opinion, if anything she's made it harder to be accepted, or rather Capcom has made it that way.

@Mass, you're lucky you didn't have to play Pro with her. The 2 on 2 with Jill & Al was so annoying.

To me, the difference between her and the other "sidekicks" is that they all earned their spot. I remember really disliking Billy, well before I played RE0, as Rebecca was never too interesting either, at least seeing her in RE1, but once I played RE0, I found out that Billy was a great character, and about half way through, when he tells his story, we get a cool flashback to Africa, I really warmed up to him, and he has my respect.

Sheva was forced on us, and we were forced to deal with her, the entire game, it was pathetic. Chris doesn't need a partner, though, if he did, Jill is the choice, obviously she wasn't there at the beginning. Sheva was supposed to guide us around, because apparently going through the mansion, Rockfort, Russia, etc, and countless other BSAA missions without any sort of guide, makes us stupid.

Irrelevant is just one word that really works well with her. She could be taken out, and nobody would notice, and if they did, it would be a positive thing. I really can't think of any other sidekick that when introduced, got such a large role like that, so immediate, and so late in the series, undeserving is what it is. Like I said though, I took it personally when it got to where you were fighting Wesker & Jill. I was hoping for a really badass, amazing mono y mono fight, Chris & Wesker, like the one with Leon & Krauser. Jill got in the way of that a bit, but not as much as Sheva did, especially since she didn't belong there.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:07 pm

sheva = my most hated resident evil character
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:10 pm

JamTyrantH wrote:

Care to explain why?

Even more than Angela?
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Spike991 wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:

Care to explain why?

Even more than Angela?

it made the game less enjoyable imo i mean in resident evil 4 there was some some great parts were it was leon vs everything and i was creepy in parts. there is not 1 part of re5 that is remotely scary, also i didnt like the voice acting just some part made me cringe for example, "this is for our fallen brothers" etc. on angela i didnt really like her but i thought she had more relevance considering her brother was a main part of the film. sheva had no relevance in re5 for me personally.

Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:26 pm

JamTyrantH wrote:
it made the game less enjoyable imo i mean in resident evil 4 there was some some great parts were it was leon vs everything and i was creepy in parts. there is not 1 part of re5 that is remotely scary, also i didnt like the voice acting just some part made me cringe for example, "this is for our fallen brothers" etc. on angela i didnt really like her but i thought she had more relevance considering her brother was a main part of the film. sheva had no relevance in re5 for me personally.

Fair enough.

I think that if this was a test by Capcom, to see if you can do scary with the co-op like we did, especially with numerous lame things, I hated the crappy cover system, as well as the parts where you use a stationary gun turret on a vehicle. Anyway, aside from LIN, it's not a good idea to do it, RE5 was their lab rat, and now they need to stick with what works. The single player experience.

As I've said though, Co-op is great in Mercs, but not the story.

I also agree on some of her dialogue. I thought the actress did a good job bringing the character to life. It sounded real, and genuine, but certain lines, the fallen brothers, "Take this you son of a bitch" before launching a couple of RPG's at Al. Again the word undeserving comes to mind.

She didn't contribute much to the conversation, wasn't that interesting and didn't really have much of a role aside from tagging along the ENTIRE time. So when she says things all passionately like the 'fallen brothers' line, or a "She's tough I'll give her that much" just seemed that much more inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:37 pm

I think she will be like billy cohen and never appear again. except billy had a lot more to him than sheva.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Spike991 wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:

Fair enough.

I think that if this was a test by Capcom, to see if you can do scary with the co-op like we did, especially with numerous lame things, I hated the crappy cover system, as well as the parts where you use a stationary gun turret on a vehicle. Anyway, aside from LIN, it's not a good idea to do it, RE5 was their lab rat, and now they need to stick with what works. The single player experience.

As I've said though, Co-op is great in Mercs, but not the story.

I also agree on some of her dialogue. I thought the actress did a good job bringing the character to life. It sounded real, and genuine, but certain lines, the fallen brothers, "Take this you son of a bitch" before launching a couple of RPG's at Al. Again the word undeserving comes to mind.

She didn't contribute much to the conversation, wasn't that interesting and didn't really have much of a role aside from tagging along the ENTIRE time. So when she says things all passionately like the 'fallen brothers' line, or a "She's tough I'll give her that much" just seemed that much more inappropriate.

yeah your right i mean albert wesker has been around since the beginning then all of a sudden some unknown character appears and gets a slot in defeating him ahhhh it really is annoying if you think about it. it should of been chris to defeat him by himself and i agree that all she was in re5 was a taggalong. about the cover system i didnt like it but in pro it was vital oh and on sheva again i read about her background and i actully enjoyed reading about her how about you ?

Jamesy wrote:
I think she will be like billy cohen and never appear again. except billy had a lot more to him than sheva.

i agree, i enjoyed billy and i wouldnt mind seeing him in a future project.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:51 pm

Nah I think its best if billy does not return cause it would not make much sense. Even barry returning would probably raise some eyebrows becuase he's not a major character.

actually that said i propose the idea of doing a spinoff game where rebbecca runs into billy again?
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Nah I think its best if billy does not return cause it would not make much sense. Even barry returning would probably raise some eyebrows becuase he's not a major character.

actually that said i propose the idea of doing a spinoff game where rebbecca runs into billy again?

that would work and forget about barry returning instead how about him running for president of the usa i mean imagine this ... sir we are under attack from unknown forces .... its ok i have THIS!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Jamesy wrote:

The makers of Degeneration hinted that Becca could be in the next one. If so, Billy could come in perhaps....but as you originally said, he probably shouldn't appear again. A good mystery never hurt anybody.

@JamTyrantH, I cleaned up your double post, I'm sure it was an honest mistake, and we're pretty chill with the rules, but let's not make a habit out of it.Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 pm

It will be interesting to see how rebbecca has aged since 1998 if she returns for RE6.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Jamesy wrote:
It will be interesting to see how rebbecca has aged since 1998 if she returns for RE6.

She was so young looking, so youthful. I can't imagine her without her soft childish voice. She should be a kindergarden teacher, Ms. Chambers.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:01 pm

@spike - sorry about that kinda new on the forum scene lol
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:10 pm

She would be about 31 now woulden't she?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Jamesy wrote:
She would be about 31 now woulden't she?

She was 18 by RE1, which was 1998. So yes, 31.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:20 pm

hopefully here chracter might develop more in RE6?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Jamesy wrote:
hopefully here chracter might develop more in RE6?

Perhaps, if she is there, so far away though.

Jamesy, you never said what it was you liked or disliked about Ms. Alomar?
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 pm

Well I did not hate Alamor but to me she just felt like an unimportant character. Not as annoying as Ashley or Sadler.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well I did not hate Alamor but to me she just felt like an unimportant character. Not as annoying as Ashley or Sadler.

i liked Saddler but Ashley was a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Most would probably agree on Ashley, but Saddler????

I got to hear why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?   What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Your Stance On Sheva Alomar?
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next