Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 1 Remake

Go down 
+21
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
White Rock
Methsia
00biohazard
Mcghie
DXP
Prince of Judah
chocotricks
SWITCHMYND
RE Psycho
Hellraiser
BOBLATHON
nekronuke
iDetonation
Moonknight67
Spike991
Regenerator
NiteKrawler
weskersbarber
Jamesy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:39 pm

I still get scared by them, I always dread the first because you cant avoid it.
I'm one of they people that get freaked out when people chase me so in this when they are nearly as fast as you it freaks me the hell out and gets my adrenaline pumping.
I get that way with the dogs, crows smashing through the windows in RE2 , hunters chasing me, generally anything that's quick enough to chase me creeps me out.
You can image me when I first played "one dangerous zombie " for the REmake.
I panic all the way through that mode, wasn't good Sad
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Mcghie wrote:
I get that way with the dogs, crows smashing through the windows in RE2 , hunters chasing me, generally anything that's quick enough to chase me creeps me out.
You can avoid crows and dogs fairly easily, though. And even if you can't escape the dogs, a single shot from a 9mm pistol will stop them in their tracks when hit, giving you time to pump enough lead into them to kill them. Hunters, I can't recall any game where they appeared before you had a weapon strong enough to deal with them.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
You can avoid crows and dogs fairly easily, though. And even if you can't escape the dogs, a single shot from a 9mm pistol will stop them in their tracks when hit, giving you time to pump enough lead into them to kill them. Hunters, I can't recall any game where they appeared before you had a weapon strong enough to deal with them.

Yeah I know they are easy enough to efficiently defeat and escape, I was meaning when they chase me I get I hate it because I can't stand the freaky feeling of running and knowing that something is behind you but cant turn around or you will be captured.
Yeah dogs are fairly easy to dodge, I used to find them hard to dodge without killing them.
My recent RE2 speedrun I recorded shows a good technique for dodging dogs, I should have it uploaded to YouTube by tomorrow hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:05 am

Mcghie wrote:
I can't stand the freaky feeling of running and knowing that something is behind you but cant turn around or you will be captured.
You haven't played Amnesia, right?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
I can't stand the freaky feeling of running and knowing that something is behind you but cant turn around or you will be captured.
You haven't played Amnesia, right?

I have played Amnesia lol
I a good few times.
I hated getting chased because they damn monsters where about as quick as you and also the panic of closing every door to try and slow them down then quickly throw boxes about the place trying to
build a barrier to hide in a corner was really nerve racking.
I hated the Kaernks the most because all you could hear is *splash * splash * behind you I just to panic run and jump around on everything.
I figured out after a while if you done strafe jumping you get jump further and stay always on the crates.
Man I loved that game even though I got extra freaked out at being chased, just added more to disturbing ambience that they had.
I really can't wait for "A machine for pigs" they promise to make even more scary.
I don't know how they will do it but they have said that it will make you too scared to turn back on your pc, let's just hope they can live up to
such bold claim.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:36 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Methsia wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Prince of Judah wrote:
I HATE crimson heads. They never should have put those ****3uHU#(*$U($&% in the game.
The fuck is wrong with you? Suspect Crimson heads were the greatest addition to an RE game ever and should have become a franchise mainstay.
but the bastards are still fecking scary.
And that's what's great about them. I've played REmake through well over 10 times, but crimson heads still scare the shit out of me every time.
Even with a rocket launcher, they still give me a shiver. It's even worse with Invisible enemy mode...on Chris.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
I thought the Shotguns, Grenade Launcher, and (for obvious reasons) the magnum if it didn't have uncommom ammo locations.
Back to top Go down
MasterOfUnlocking
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
MasterOfUnlocking

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:07 pm

I agree. REmake is by far my favorite RE game - and probably my second favorite game of all time.

None of the other games can compare to REmake in terms of atmosphere and suspense. I also liked its story the best too.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:52 am

Hmmm the only thing that could live up to REmake is the original game that it is remade of imo. Atmosphere wise yeah Capcom killed pre-rendered environments off for behind the shoulder cam and blast the hell out of anything that moves games, those backgrounds are one of the old games many charms because you know a lot of love went into making those backgrounds compared to modeling a wall and shoving a normal/spec map on it to make it 'pretty' nowadays ¬_¬
Back to top Go down
CrimsonElder
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
CrimsonElder

Playstation Network Jimlew316

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:18 am

Pre-rendered backgrounds are the holly grail of survival horror games. I would very much wish for their return but it aint going to happen any to soon if ever.

To sum up Remake in one word I would have to say 'Masterpiece'.

There hadnt been a game like it and there still hasnt. Many games have tried and they have been decent games but that dont capture that feeling of entrapment and atmosphere. This really was Capcoms finest hour and everybody knows what happens once you peak.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm sorry, but I have to bump this old thread again. I seriously feel like talking about REmake. The game is just superb, a masterpiece, a RESIDENT EVIL with capital R and capital E. In REmake for example, I just couldn't believe the bravery of the characters, continuing their investigations into the laberynth, the darkness and the sinister happenings of the mansion. What macabre and twisted experiments had gone on inside that place. Its areas just tell stories of the craziness of the dark and mysterious character that is Spencer, and you just really feel for the characters, because as much fun your having playing the game, you just want to get the FUCK out of the mansion! now that we've gotten so far into the series, far as RE6, it's nice to go back and check out what got us so into this story. And I'd say the peak of thrilling perfection, is this bone chilling game RESIDENT EVIL REMAKE. Anyone else want to talk about the brilliant REmake? (feel like a Jamesy xd)
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 12:24 am

Well said. Still my favorite RE game although I haven't played RE6 yet. The atmosphere, the setting, the puzzles, the graphics. It's just perfect. The jump scares really got me the first time, so I was getting scared of them all the time. It is rare that a remake is better than the original, but in my opinion, REmake nailed it. Masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 3:04 am

ThomVD wrote:
Well said. Still my favorite RE game although I haven't played RE6 yet. The atmosphere, the setting, the puzzles, the graphics. It's just perfect. The jump scares really got me the first time, so I was getting scared of them all the time. It is rare that a remake is better than the original, but in my opinion, REmake nailed it. Masterpiece.

I think REmake done so well because it already had a masterpiece as it's foundations.
Much like music, a remix is usually done a lot better due to the foundation of the original being already amazing.
I'm defiantly going to play REmake tonight, got that craving back Razz
I still find it terrifying and loved everything that was changed from the original such as the zombie not playing dead in the art room but much rather ambushing you when you walk back around the corner (where the hell was he hiding ..... never mind) and the crimson heads ..... god the crimson heads was the first surprise in the game, it made me instantly nearly take a heart attack and turn off my GC and not return to the game until several days afterwards lol.
You can't buy fear like that and that's why the older Resident Evil will always be the pioneers of horror.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:07 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

They're still annoying as shit though, especially those poisonous ones in CVX...seriously...I hate them. Those Hunters can go play in traffic for all I care. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:09 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

They're still annoying as shit though, especially those poisonous ones in CVX...seriously...I hate them. Those Hunters can go play in traffic for all I care. Rolling Eyes
I think they did. Remember the Terragrigia Panic? That didn't end too well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:15 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

I think they did. Remember the Terragrigia Panic? That didn't end too well.

Yeah, Invisible Hunters, they can go Phuck themselves too. JS.

Although that may have been only in the arctic area where you play as Chris with Jessica. Chris with his sleeves rolled up, in the freezing ass arctic, and dumbass Jessica. Who might I mention wasn't even in RE6...

I though when Chris referred to "That BITCH", he was referring to her...it would seem it was Ada instead. Or her Clone...IDK what to think anymore. Things were so much simplier in RE2. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1 Remake   Resident Evil 1 Remake - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 1 Remake
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4