Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?

Go down 
+6
PAULSAMSON
PWNERX
TheSkinniMini1
MSR
Ghost Leader
DampRevil
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? Empty
PostSubject: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Let's say Resident Evil 2 is eventually remade one day, what do you think Resident Evil 3's chance of being remade is? I would like to think that if Capcom were to remake Resident Evil 2, they would also remake Resident Evil 3 and bundle the two games together. I think it would make sense. Both games are so similar, they both take place at the same time, and since both games are short (by today's standards) I think it would be smart of Capcom to bundle the two games together to make a longer experience. I think that it would also be inevitable that people would start to ask Capcom for a Resident Evil 3 remake after Resident Evil 2 was remade, so why not remake both at the same time?

So what's your input on this subject?

About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? Re3_ac11
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySat May 17, 2014 9:07 pm

RE3 is my favorite and, as long as it remains a survival horror game, I'd buy it.

Quote :
they both take place at the same time
No, they don't. The first half of RE3 takes place one day before RE2, while the second half picks up one day after. Jill is unconscious in the clock tower chapel during the events of RE3 after being infected by the G-virus during the battle with Nemesis.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySat May 17, 2014 9:20 pm

I obviously know that they don't take place at the exact same time, but the stories do intersect while Jill's unconscious. Jill, Leon, and Claire are all in Raccoon City at the same time at one point. That's what I was getting at. They take place within a few days of each other, so they're almost happening at the same time in a round-about way.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
RE3 is my favorite and, as long as it remains a survival horror game, I'd buy it.

Quote :
they both take place at the same time
No, they don't. The first half of RE3 takes place one day before RE2, while the second half picks up one day after. Jill is unconscious in the clock tower chapel during the events of RE3 after being infected by the G-virus during the battle with Nemesis.

Why does everybody gotta be so technical with DamRevil?!

Ok, Teh Spike says this; RE2 & RE3 bundled or gtfo.

Now they could come in a box set, each having their own case and instruction manual, or maybe be a single disc with the games as two separate entities, OR they actually make it one full lenght game. You start as Jill on the 28th, then when she takes a nap, you play as Leon/Claire(maybe they mash their scenarios together for one TRUE RE2 story) on the 29th, then once that is finished you take back over with Jill/Carlos on the 1st. Capcom could even add events or scenes or something in between the RE2/RE3 stuff.

I really liked a lot of stuff that the Outbreak series did. Like after you complete the very first scenario in the first game, there's a cutscene showing the army putting up a blockade and quarantining Raccoon. We know from RE3's Files that the city was under marshal law. Just adding more details to the RE2/RE3 REmakes would be cool. Basically like how they did with REmake, adding stuff like Lisa and expanding upon Trevor.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:12 am

Nemesis is falling kind of "short" in that pic don't you think.

Yeah, I think if ReMade, RE2 and RE3 should be bundled together. Not made into one big game but just two separate games bundled together for a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Because the phrase "at the same time" has a defined meaning that doesn't accurately describe RE3's chronology of events?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:45 pm

If RE3 were made more like RE4, literally everything would have to be scarier to the point that Zombies (and cerberi) need headshots, Nemesis would be faster, Hunters would be tougher, and everything else would be bigger.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:54 pm

wait, so are you saying you didn't have enough with the chronicles games?????????
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 1:05 pm

^I take it you don't want to see a ReMake of RE3 Paul? If not I don't blame you. While it would be cool and I'd buy it if done bc I love RE3, I don't think RE3 or RE2 for that matter really need ReMakes. Original RE1 desperately needed one. I don't feel the same about RE2 and RE3.

For me though UC didn't do RE3 any justice.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 1:33 pm

If anything a remake of RE3 would help make the game better this time around. It had the best gameplay, the most impressive visuals, but the thinnest story of all the first three games. With a few more characters and a little more narrative depths, the first RE3 would have truly been a barn burner. It was still very good and replayable, but felt a little too ghoulish at times. There were not enough living characters.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:54 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
^I take it you don't want to see a ReMake of RE3 Paul? If not I don't blame you. While it would be cool and I'd buy it if done bc I love RE3, I don't think RE3 or RE2 for that matter really need ReMakes. Original RE1 desperately needed one. I don't feel the same about RE2 and RE3.

For me though UC didn't do RE3 any justice.

No No, I was being extremely sarcastic. RE2 if my favorite RE game, so I'd really like a remake in re1 fashion.

Uc didn't do justice at all with RE3, especially with Nemesis, DC was a bit better with the cutscenes and soundtrack, but still not good enough
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:06 pm

Teh Spike wrote:

I guess it's kinda my fault for not being specific. I just kinda assumed people would know what I meant when I say "at the same time."

Anyway, it seems like we're all on the same track I guess. Bundling RE2/RE3 together just seems like the most logical choice, but Capcom probably wouldn't think of it that way. They would probably only focus on a Resident Evil 2 remake since that's in the highest demand right now. Then again, they may surprise us.

My worry is that Capcom would start to change things around, similar to what happened with Remake. I know Jun Takeuchi said that if he got the chance to remake Resident Evil 2 he would add a chain-wielding enemy. I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't like that very much. I didn't necessarily mind the changes from Resident Evil 1 to Resident Evil Remake, but it would probably bother me if Capcom made changes to Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 11:10 pm

DampRevil wrote:
I know Jun Takeuchi said that if he got the chance to remake Resident Evil 2 he would add a chain-wielding enemy.
Do you happen to have a link for that? I've kinda stopped wanting remakes of 2 or 3 a while ago because I felt like they were going to do stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 11:41 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
DampRevil wrote:
I know Jun Takeuchi said that if he got the chance to remake Resident Evil 2 he would add a chain-wielding enemy.
Do you happen to have a link for that? I've kinda stopped wanting remakes of 2 or 3 a while ago because I felt like they were going to do stuff like that.
This isn't on topic but I love your Regina avi. So awesome.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptySun May 18, 2014 11:49 pm

If they ever did a remake of 2 and 3 it would have to be in the style of REmake on Gamecube. To this day there hasn't been an RE game that looks as good as that and making 2 and 3 in that style would really make them look polished and more beautiful than any of the newer games in the series....

The only problem is with most of the old school team gone that worked on the originals (Mikami, Kamiya to name a couple) it would not be the same nor would it be handled with the same degree of professionalism as REmake was, and instead would turn out like the average joe behind the shoulder bullshit they can't stop doing with each game... So yes too remakes but with staff that are still in Capcom that actually worked on the older games...and no 600+ people working on it either that was 6's downfall(that and it was just utter crap imo.)
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 3:30 am

I think the best cource of action is to remake RE2 and RE3 into one big game, instead of making two seperate titles and bundling them together. That would also save Capcom some money on production costs.

DXP wrote:
The only problem is with most of the old school team gone that worked on the originals (Mikami, Kamiya to name a couple) it would not be the same nor would it be handled with the same degree of professionalism as REmake was, and instead would turn out like the average joe behind the shoulder bullshit they can't stop doing with each game... So yes too remakes but with staff that are still in Capcom that actually worked on the older games...

There actually was quite a few people working on RE6 who also worked on a lot of older titles, including REmake. I listed them once but I can't be bothered to do it again Razz Too much research.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 3:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the best cource of action is to remake RE2 and RE3 into one big game, instead of making two seperate titles and bundling them together. That would also save Capcom some money on production costs.

DXP wrote:
The only problem is with most of the old school team gone that worked on the originals (Mikami, Kamiya to name a couple) it would not be the same nor would it be handled with the same degree of professionalism as REmake was, and instead would turn out like the average joe behind the shoulder bullshit they can't stop doing with each game... So yes too remakes but with staff that are still in Capcom that actually worked on the older games...

There actually was quite a few people working on RE6 who also worked on a lot of older titles, including REmake. I listed them once but I can't be bothered to do it again :PToo much research.

I had this idea for the movie... it could be separated into parts (no, not like the bad movie fad). For example, you'd start out with RE3 with Jill's trip to the Clock Tower (not THAT Clock Tower). Then it'd cut to Claire's trip through the Police Station to a point, then Leon to a certain point, then Ada, the Leon again for the RE2 segment ending. Then, back to Jill for the overall finale. And if you make it to a certain spot in the sewers at a certain time, you can play the 4th Survivor where you have to get to the roof of the....you get the point. Also, you can play the Ada Campaign if you check a security camera to see Ada's body has disappeared...and go straight to a more accurate version of the RE:UC scenario. An epilogue chapter can have you playing as Claire to investigate Umbrella in Paris.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 4:26 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

DXP wrote:

There actually was quite a few people working on RE6 who also worked on a lot of older titles, including REmake. I listed them once but I can't be bothered to do it again :PToo much research.

I had this idea for the movie... it could be separated into parts (no, not like the bad movie fad). For example, you'd start out with RE3 with Jill's trip to the Clock Tower (not THAT Clock Tower). Then it'd cut to Claire's trip through the Police Station to a point, then Leon to a certain point, then Ada, the Leon again for the RE2 segment ending. Then, back to Jill for the overall finale. And if you make it to a certain spot in the sewers at a certain time, you can play the 4th Survivor where you have to get to the roof of the....you get the point. Also, you can play the Ada Campaign if you check a security camera to see Ada's body has disappeared...and go straight to a more accurate version of the RE:UC scenario. An epilogue chapter can have you playing as Claire to investigate Umbrella in Paris.

At first I thought that sounded way too convoluted and confusing to play but then I thought that if they made it like Revelations it would work. Then again, cutting the game into episodes would make it less appealing as a remake, I think. Plus, having to hunt for the extra scenarios in the actual games sounds really crummy. I would love for a remake to shed more light on the UC/DC extra scenarios, though.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 4:16 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:

I tried to find it, but I couldn't. The interview came out before Resident Evil 5 was released, so it's been about 6 years. If you Google "Resident Evil 2 remake Jun Takeuchi" I'm sure it'll show up somewhere. Basically, he mentioned that Capcom was interested in retelling the events of Resident Evil 2, not so much remaking it. That's when he brought up the idea of creating a chain-wielding enemy that would stalk Leon and Claire around the RPD.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

DXP wrote:

At first I thought that sounded way too convoluted and confusing to play but then I thought that if they made it like Revelations it would work. Then again, cutting the game into episodes would make it less appealing as a remake, I think. Plus, having to hunt for the extra scenarios in the actual games sounds really crummy. I would love for a remake to shed more light on the UC/DC extra scenarios, though.

Their could always be alternate ways to unlock these for play outside of the campaign via the Mercenaries Resurrection mini-game (with Nicholai, Leon, Chris, Ada, Claire, Carlos, Mikhail, Hunk, Wesker, Rebecca and Barry as Mercs) by reaching one of 6 exits within the Raccoon City warzone (think: start at point A, go to B, C, D, E, F, or G). Each will earn points to unlock the scenarios and other goodies like legacy weaponry (Leon's Silver Ghost, Barry's revolver, Richards Shotgun, etc.) or extra costumes. Heck, maybe even explanatory cutscenes involving Chief Irons, the UBCS squads, the 4D Executer movie, Wesker, etc.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:16 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

DXP wrote:

Their could always be alternate ways to unlock these for play outside of the campaign via the Mercenaries Resurrection mini-game (with Nicholai, Leon, Chris, Ada, Claire, Carlos, Mikhail, Hunk, Wesker, Rebecca and Barry as Mercs) by reaching one of 6 exits within the Raccoon City warzone (think: start at point A, go to B, C, D, E, F, or G). Each will earn points to unlock the scenarios and other goodies like legacy weaponry (Leon's Silver Ghost, Barry's revolver, Richards Shotgun, etc.) or extra costumes. Heck, maybe even explanatory cutscenes involving Chief Irons, the UBCS squads, the 4D Executer movie, Wesker, etc.

Most of that sounds good to Teh Spike, but i don't know how keen i am on having to use a points system to unlock the game's extras, like the Outbreak games did. I would never have enough points to unlock all of the cutscenes, the concept art, character skins, BGM and all that jazz, so Teh Spike used a Game Shark, or its equivalent, to unlock all the extras in the Outbreaks.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyTue May 20, 2014 2:29 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

DXP wrote:

That would still break the game flow, being thrown into another character's shoes all of a sudden, playing their part and travelling back in time to continue as whoever you jumped from. They would much better work as just unlockables. And have Tofu mode! The one in Darkside Chronicles wasn't satisfactory enough, don't do that again.

Ah, I definitely would love a reference to 4D Executer and maybe Nicholai's doings in Outbreak.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

DXP wrote:

That would still break the game flow, being thrown into another character's shoes all of a sudden, playing their part and travelling back in time to continue as whoever you jumped from. They would much better work as just unlockables. And have Tofu mode! The one in Darkside Chronicles wasn't satisfactory enough, don't do that again.

Ah, I definitely would love a reference to 4D Executer and maybe Nicholai's doings in Outbreak.

Well, to prevent this break in gameplay, you could always have a transition into a cinematic that would both ease you into their shoes and give you a chance to realize what's going on. For example, with Ada you could start out in Leon's POV, then examine the same camera that you would normally see Ada's "dead" body. But, you'd notice she's gone, and the camera would follow through the screen, through a few rooms, and find Ada making her way into the alley she used to make her way to freedom. Also, for these hidden areas of play, you find em you can play em later. People could always choose to skip and play the scenario later.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyWed May 21, 2014 12:39 am

PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

DXP wrote:

Well, to prevent this break in gameplay, you could always have a transition into a cinematic that would both ease you into their shoes and give you a chance to realize what's going on. For example, with Ada you could start out in Leon's POV, then examine the same camera that you would normally see Ada's "dead" body. But, you'd  notice she's gone, and the camera would follow through the screen, through a few rooms, and find Ada making her way into the alley she used to make her way to freedom. Also, for these hidden areas of play, you find em you can play em later. People could always choose to skip and play the scenario later.

I dunno, that still sounds a bit awkward. They way you explained it is pretty much the same as I imagined it already. I mean, after having been given this extra opportunity and then skipping them would break the flow just as much as having them in the middle of the actual gameplay altogether. I still think they would work best as unlockable scenarios, not as (optional) parts of the main game itself.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:47 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Well, to prevent this break in gameplay, you could always have a transition into a cinematic that would both ease you into their shoes and give you a chance to realize what's going on.

Teh Spike doesn't really care to have the game switching among different characters a bunch. But like its been mentioned, a nice cinematic cutscene could prove useful in transitioning. Think CVX for instance, when you'd switch from Claire to Chris, and vice versa.

I don't particularly want a Tarantino-esque game, even like RER. And no chapters or breaks, just a solid, straight through RE experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?   About a Resident Evil 3 Remake? Empty

Back to top Go down

About a Resident Evil 3 Remake?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next