HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?

Go down 
+12
RE Psycho
JamTyrantH
Spike991
Valentine Fan
Vandal
Ghost Leader
doctorstrangesf
Methsia
RaviorStygian
Nobudy
neo_nille
Mass Distraction
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:19 am

Since there has been some talk and random rumouring about remaking RE2, I thought I'd make a thread for stuff that YOU want to see in it. If it ever happens, that is.

Would you like it to play like the latest RE games or would you go back to the fixed camera angles? Would you prefer some added storyline like in REmake or would you like to have a straight remake with no extra story?

How I would like the remake to be handled:
  • Retain the old camera angles like in the first remake.
  • Additional story doesn't really need to be made from ground up as they could implement plot elements from games like Umbrella Chronicles, Operation Raccoon City and Outbreak. I'm not saying it all should be shoved in but just for additional content stuff like that would be nice to have explored.
  • Short extra campaigns like in the original. Have HUNK's scenario and don't forget about Tofu. Maybe even add Ada's scenario, Death's Door, from Umbrella Chronicles, if it's not explored in the main game.
  • I'm not so into minigames that I would feel the need to have one in this. However, if they do have it, add more characters to the Battle Game, one or two is enough.
  • Show some of the epilogues from RE3 as cutscenes. Unlockable or not, that would be neat.
  • I would like the game to be a mix of all the scenarios, making it the real canon. That would work better than remaking all four "main" scenarios in my opinion.

I wouldn't really care if it was downloadable or not, as long as I don't have to order a retail version from Japan again. I'd still prefer an international retail version. Another thing: Hopefully it isn't a Nintendo exclusive again. They could do some neat stuff with the Wii U and 3DS but it wouldn't be fair to those without the consoles.

Also, while I wouldn't mind that much if it was made in the newer style, I do think it's possible to make it just like the first remake. All you need is pretty much the main team behind RE6. Here's why:
  • Eiichiro Sasaki, the lead director of RE6, has previous knowledge on how to make a fixed camera angle game without pre-rendered backgrounds from both Outbreak and Outbreak File#2, both of which he directed.
  • Hiroyuki Kobayashi, the producer of RE6, has come a long way with Resident Evil and other such Capcom titles. He has worked as a programmer for the original Resident Evil AND Resident Evil 2, as a planner for Dino Crisis and as a producer for games like Dino Crisis 2, Code Veronica X, Resident Evil 4 and even the REmake. He also produced both Degeneration and Damnation.
  • Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, the second producer of RE6, worked as a motion capture engineer for REmake.
  • Jiro Taoka, the designer of RE6, is propably the only one in the group who hasn't dealt with the previous titles in the past but I thought he's worth a mention. His previous work as a lead designer and a planner include RE5 and Dead Rising, respectively.

That said, my faith is not completely crushed for a well made RE2 remake. Throw in your two cents.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
neo_nille
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 pm

I agree on your points. it would NOT work with a third person camera like the newer games. However they could make the camera and controlls alot more like in Silent Hill 2. I don´t think the camera needs to be "stuck" like in the first REmake.

And don´t forget the puzzles!!

They need to improve them if the remake gets done. Always thought this part was better in Re1.

Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:10 pm

They need to make the story the canon version. Granted, Claire A and Leon B is what is considered "canon", there were some gameplay elements that made it seem non-canon in a way. For example, how did the "A scenario" character never see any of the damage that Mr. X caused? What I wished the developers for the first remake did was add the canon ending after unlocking all possible endings.
Back to top Go down
neo_nille
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Nobudy wrote:
They need to make the story the canon version. Granted, Claire A and Leon B is what is considered "canon", there were some gameplay elements that made it seem non-canon in a way. For example, how did the "A scenario" character never see any of the damage that Mr. X caused? What I wished the developers for the first remake did was add the canon ending after unlocking all possible endings.

If you actually think about it. Re1 does not make any sense either. Locked doors that requires a key that can only be obtained by solving 23 puzzles, you get the key, open the door....and inside is Barry (???)
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:38 pm

I don't want just the same game again with a facelift.

I would like something similar to how the original RE4 was going to be, where it's half fixed camera and half over-the-shoulder.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:13 am

Nobudy wrote:
That's a good point and I completely forgot about it. What I would like is for the game to be a mix of both, making it the real canon. That would work better than remaking all scenarios in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:43 am

Fixed camera angles, and a bit of Silent Hill 3 camera view thingy- but not so often. Maybe on some areas, makes it scary.

Yeah, I haven't played RE2 yet. But I did like how they change camera view modes in RE: Outbreak File#2
Back to top Go down
doctorstrangesf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
doctorstrangesf

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:45 am

Keep the Capcom executive board as far away from the development team as possible.

Keep the same background music. Nothing has to change in that regard.

Start with "Claire A", "Leon B" as the main game but unlock the opposite campaign like with 2, so you'd complete Claire A and Leon B (obviously they wouldn't be called that, it'd just be Claire and Leon) which unlocks Claire B and Leon A, so you get to play it from the opposite perspective.

Hunk unlockable mode.

Spend a little longer on the Raccoon City streets, maybe showing some parts that were shown in Nemesis.

Make the police station larger, or add in more rooms. In RE2 there's some doors that never open. Open them.

Show the Nemesis' broken window.

Show a better aftermath of the siege that's mentioned in the files. I.E. more dead bodies in some rooms, devastation etc.

Blend the fixed camera angles into the over the shoulder view. So for when you're walking the camera is fixed, but when you press L1/R1 to aim the camera switches to behind the character.

To placate the newer crowd, have Mercenaries mode unlockable from the start which is all 3rd person.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:50 am

doctorstrangesf wrote:
Blend the fixed camera angles into the over the shoulder view. So for when you're walking the camera is fixed, but when you press L1/R1 to aim the camera switches to behind the character.
That would propably be their best option, I think. Just to make the game more uh... accessible, I guess.

Btw. All the mentions of Nemesis in your post made me think that they indeed should add at least a cameo for him. That would also give more credibility to the nightmare Claire has in Survivor 2. Obscure reference, yes, but I love that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
doctorstrangesf wrote:
That would propably be their best option, I think. Just to make the game more uh... accessible, I guess.
HA! Who's the skimmer now?! I already posted that! >:^D

But yeah . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:33 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
doctorstrangesf wrote:
HA! Who's the skimmer now?! I already posted that! >:^D

But yeah . . .
I did read your comment (I read pretty much every post, believe it or not) but what I didn't do was watch the video. I should have, really, because apparently I forgot it did the exact same thing in the Beta version of RE4. *sigh* Serves me right.

I remembered it being more like the camera angle mod for RE4 PC version.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:42 pm

As long as it isn't an action shooter, I'll be good.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
As long as it isn't an action shooter, I'll be good.
I don't think that'll be considered a Resident Evil 2 remake. If you really wanted an action shooter in Raccoon City you may as well get ORC.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Personally, I'm happy with RE2 the way it is.

I see really no need for a remake
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:

I sort of agree. Unlike RE1, RE2 doesn't really have very many glaring flaws and/or is as "outdated" as RE1 was. While RE1 was a fantastic game, of all the games in the series that one needed a remake the most.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

I sort of agree. Unlike RE1, RE2 doesn't really have very many glaring flaws and/or is as "outdated" as RE1 was. While RE1 was a fantastic game, of all the games in the series that one needed a remake the most.

True. But I still love the original RE1 in all of its flawed glory.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:17 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

If we've learned anything from watching Scream 4, it's DON'T fuck with the original! RE1 is a masterpiece ladies and gents.

Not that I didn't love the REmake, Jamesy, so this really pertains to RE2 more than RE1, but you know.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:36 am

Spike991 wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

If we've learned anything from watching Scream 4, it's DON'T fuck with the original! RE1 is a masterpiece ladies and gents.

Remake failed in this area in only one way.

No. Jill. Sandwich. Line.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 5:51 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

Barry did make a quirk about how if he hadn't saved her in time that she would fit nicely into a sandwhich. A Nice little nod to the original line. tongue
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:18 am

things i want to see hmmmm
- crimson heads
- more marvin
- harder puzzles
- darker rooms
- bigger station
- maybe a new enemy

things i dont want to see
- quick time events .... nuff said
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:01 am

I'd like to see the true canon story along with the option to play OTS or static cameras. Yes Claire A/Leon B is regarded as canon, but it still has some non canonish aspects
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:38 am

Nobudy wrote:
I'd like to see the true canon story along with the option to play OTS or static cameras. Yes Claire A/Leon B is regarded as canon, but it still has some non canonish aspects

Pretty sure it's a blend of LeonA/ClaireB and ClaireA/LeonB.

And RE2 better have some QTE's! Those are freakin awesome.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:52 am

Spike991 wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

I better not have to tap a button repeatedly just to grab something...
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:

Barry did make a quirk about how if he hadn't saved her in time that she would fit nicely into a sandwhich. A Nice little nod to the original line. tongue

True. But its not really the same Sad
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next