HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?

Go down 
+9
Indiana Jones
charlieRE2
Spike991
weskersbarber
The mastAH!
RedFieldRiot
Regenerator
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:33 pm

i have never once called leon ,leon s kennedy and never will
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Nope. Those two characters is what has made RE so darn good.

I doubt that, there is not a single RE character that could be taken out and would affect the series so dearly, not even your precious Al or Leon.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Wesker is partly what has made RE so successful. If wasn't for his character being in RE5 then the game would have not done so well.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:35 pm

i dont know why everyone loves leon because he isnt even in chris's league
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Wesker is partly what has made RE so successful. If wasn't for his character being in RE5 then the game would have not done so well.

I doubt that just as much, as I was extremely exited for RE5 before we even knew he was in there, with Chris being shown, the location, gameplay, etc, it looked like a pretty great game.Smile And I think it is terrible how some can actually take all of the cool and succesful characters in RE and just say, "screw 'em" because Wesker is cooler and badass, which the badass term is also incorrect...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Wesker in my opinon was what made that game so worthwile for me. A classic character and there will never been anyone like him again.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Wesker in my opinon was what made that game so worthwile for me. A classic character and there will never been anyone like him again.

There will never be anyone like him? I think if anything, Wesker is like so many other villains, especially Wesker by UC & RE5, he seems like such a rip-off of Agent Smith, Neo, Hannibal Lecter, etc, so many other classic characters that are being assimilated into him....pretty dissapointing I think.Sad

There are plenty of other great things in RE, and that is basically just a big "fuck you" to everything else, by just tossing it aside like that...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Jamesy wrote:

And you said I give the word "fan" a bad name? Look in the mirror fanboy!
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:45 pm

I agree Spike there are many other good aspects in RE. Like Chris said in RE5 when fighting Wesker in the Volcano "Do you get all your ideas from comic book villians". Never the less Wesker has a cult like following that will never be matched and no other character in RE will ever have the same impact he did.

Krawler change the record buddy.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:48 pm

I doubt you believe that no other RE character will ever have the impact of Wesker, and I doubt you even want to believe that anyone could, you don't want anyone to match up to him...

He was great, but I think we need to let him go, remember the good times, hakuna matata.Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Wesker just had such a presence though. I mean even when he opened his mouth he just sounds so badass and manpulative. Not enough bad ass villains in RE games.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 2:56 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Wesker just had such a presence though. I mean even when he opened his mouth he just sounds so badass and manpulative. Not enough bad ass villains in RE games.

Why badass? I never though of him being badass, the reason I liked him so much at first was because how he wasn't badass....

He was cool in how he seemed intelligent, sophisticated, cool, malevolent, etc, and somehow "badass" is the term used to describe him nowadays...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:00 pm

I think it was his emotionless persona. A terrible shame they killed him of and alas he had so much more potential.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I agree Spike there are many other good aspects in RE. Like Chris said in RE5 when fighting Wesker in the Volcano "Do you get all your ideas from comic book villians". Never the less Wesker has a cult like following that will never be matched and no other character in RE will ever have the same impact he did.

Krawler change the record buddy.

Leon has a bigger cult following...trust me.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Nope not really NightCrawler
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:06 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I think it was his emotionless persona. A terrible shame they killed him of and alas he had so much more potential.

I think you have the wrong idea on Wesker's character, that whole, He has an "emotionless persona" is exactly the reason he was so screwed up in UC, because someone got it in their head that Wesker was a robot like Schwarzenegger in T2 or something, unfortunately it was someone at Capcom, so they messed up his character...

Look at Wesker in RE0, CVX, and even RE4 to an extent, as well as his appearance in RE1 & REmake, and you could even use both Wesker's Reports as evidence, he was not emotionless, he was definately the exact opposite...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:09 pm

Wesker definitely wasn't emotionless. Even Douglas who seemed to try damn hard to make him that way, failed at it. In UC you can see him have some emotion. Especially when Sergei forced Red Queen's digital hand into locking Wesker out of Umbrella's tech support hotline. I believe smashing the hell out of computer essentially conveys emotion.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:09 pm

Well I for one think that he hardly behaved liked a robot when he was sinking in the lava. Even though he did look like the terminator.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well I for one think that he hardly behaved liked a robot when he was sinking in the lava. Even though he did look like the terminator.

I was talking about UC especially, as they showed emotion in RE5, it just seemed to me like the wrong emotion, at parts anyway, not all of it...

In UC Wesker might have just been a robot, no excuse for how he and Birkin interacted, or how he acted when Sergei was down below URC with him...or numerous other times...

There were a couple of moments, like with the computer, after Segei shut him out, via Red Queen, but otherwise that stupid fake smile at the end, with his monologing, and lest we forget the part where he shoots that large crane type of thing, and swings on it like he's George Of The Jungle...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:19 pm

I am a little tired lets end this debate on this thread okay. I got other threads to nitpick
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am a little tired lets end this debate on this thread okay. I got other threads to nitpick

Tired of debating on your favorite character that has single handedly made the entire series? This is a debate should be as significant as the character in it.Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Okay I am old arlight, I don't always have the energy to go on endless dabates but just for you spike I will say:

ALBERT WESKER IS RESIDENT EVIL: PERIOUD
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Okay I am old arlight, I don't always have the energy to go on endless dabates but just for you spike I will say:

Now we are making some progress.Smile

Now you explain why he is Resident Evil..."PERIOUD"
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Speaking of nitpicking...it is spelled period.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Ah shit knew I would make a spelling error.

I was dissapointed when Albert Wesker died because he was once immortal and seriously they could have thought of a more original idea for his death than rocket launchers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?   Do you think this character needs to a starring role again? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think this character needs to a starring role again?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next