HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within

Go down 
+21
Mcghie
White Rock
MSR
Known_Hero
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
Crowbar
EQOAnostalgia
00biohazard
PWNERX
Incompetent Barry
Limey
ChrisSherry
will1234562
37 Narwhals
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Vandal
chocotricks
Mass Distraction
SWITCHMYND
Cyberization
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Any extra modes?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Any extra modes?

Difficulty? there a2 when you begin (which are easy and normal, dubbed with different terms just like REmake) and when you beat it you unlock extreme mode, I think that's it
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:05 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
Any extra modes?

Difficulty? there a2 when you begin (which are easy and normal, dubbed with different terms just like REmake) and when you beat it you unlock extreme mode, I think that's it

No, I mean modes outside of the campaign.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:24 pm

Well, I am getting the PS3 version on Wednesday so I'll post my opinions on the game then. Just getting the regular version though, unless the special edition is not much more expensive.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 4:32 pm

In regards to taking enemies out, is it as stressful as Resident Evil 5? Or does it generally have a think-it-out approach? I did notice several hoards in gameplay and I also have seen setting up traps and luring foes through a bottleneck and killing them, but what does it express most?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 1:34 am

Known_Hero wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
Any extra modes?

At least in the season pass there will be. The modes I read about were a seperate campaign for one of the main characters and a mode where you can play as the enemy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Vandal wrote:
In regards to taking enemies out, is it as stressful as Resident Evil 5? Or does it generally have a think-it-out approach? I did notice several hoards in gameplay and I also have seen setting up traps and luring foes through a bottleneck and killing them, but what does it express most?

The worst way to kill enemies, especially when the hoard you, is with ammo. You have to think how to take them out in groups with just one trap or lighting them on fire, or trying to get a critical head shot. So far (I'm in chapter 7, and there are at least 14 according to the achivements) I didn't set the traps by myself, I just avoid the ones I see and lure the enemies to those traps.

There is a strange feeling that I get while playing this game, that everyone here will have, I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but.........it is TOO similar to RE4 in its plot and development, at least for me.

Known_Hero wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
Any extra modes?

No extra modes besides campaign at least at the beginning, maybe I beat the campaign I unlock some extra modes
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:04 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Vandal wrote:

The worst way to kill enemies, especially when the hoard you, is with ammo. You have to think how to take them out in groups with just one trap or lighting them on fire, or trying to get a critical head shot. So far (I'm in chapter 7, and there are at least 14 according to the achivements) I didn't set the traps by myself, I just avoid the ones I see and lure the enemies to those traps.

There is a strange feeling that I get while playing this game, that everyone here will have, I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but.........it is TOO similar to RE4 in its plot and development, at least for me.
Are you trying to rescue the President's Daughter or something? Lol.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Vandal wrote:

Are you trying to rescue the President's Daughter or something? Lol.

Not exactly, but just in case someone wants to know for himself the similarities I will put this in a spoiler tag, although there aren't any spoilers there.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lightning Count
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lightning Count

Playstation Network LightningCamaro

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:29 pm

I am streaming my gameplay live

http://www.twitch.tv/lightningcamaro
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 12:28 am

I would totally watch that if I didn't care about spoiling myself Razz
Back to top Go down
Lightning Count
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lightning Count

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 12:31 am

Yet there you are watching anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 12:36 am

I just came to say hi Razz Do you stream often? I'll follow you in case you'll be streaming other interesting games in the future.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Count
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lightning Count

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 2:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I just came to say hi Razz Do you stream often? I'll follow you in case you'll be streaming other interesting games in the future.

Yep, I've got also Alien Isolation, which I am pleased to say, is proving pretty scary. But for now, it'll be The Evil Within.
Back to top Go down
Lightning Count
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lightning Count

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:27 am

Stream is live, chapter five.

http://www.twitch.tv/lightningcamaro
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Well, I decided to pick this game up today. I'm guessing all new copies of the game come with the "Fighting Chance" pack which consist of the double barrel shotgun, a few bolt pieces(don't know what these go to yet), medical kit and green gel. Anyway, this game does feel like a survival version of RE4. I wonder if Mikami took some of the thrown out ideas from RE4 and used them here.

Oh yeah, you can blow off "zombies" heads with the shotgun. Awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:36 am

Shouldn't these two Evil Within topics be merged? I don't see a need to have two separate ones.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:36 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Shouldn't these two Evil Within topics be merged? I don't see a need to have two separate ones.

I made the other thread to discuss the plot without spoilers for us gamers who are playing the game right and for the people who is trying to decide if they will buy it.

I don't think they should be merged, but if you want to merge them it's ok Smile
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 1:45 pm

I just got mine in the mail(PS3). I'll be back in a while to give my initial views on the game.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 2:34 pm

Spoilers can be tagged, though. I just don't think two active topics for one subject are necessary. It's one thing to start anew if the previous topic has been dead and fallen off page 1, but that isn't the case here. The original TEW topic has always been very active. I'll wait and let Mass and Vandal voice their thoughts on the issue, then go from there.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 8:22 pm

I'm back to give my initial thoughts of the game. The game has very dark, creepy feel to it. It kind of feels like RE4 mixed with a little The Last of Us and a bit of Silent Hill. It starts off very slow but things start to pick up around the third chapter. Finding ammo is like finding a gold mine in this game, it's very scarce so use it wisely. I find myself using melee when I have to or just running and hiding. I wasn't crazy about the upgrade system at first but after a while I like it now. I won't go too much deeper into it, just wanted to give my first thoughts of the game. Overall it's pretty good . I give it an 7.5/10.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:26 pm

RE Psycho wrote:
I'm back to give my initial thoughts of the game. The game has very dark, creepy feel to it. It kind of feels like RE4 mixed with a little The Last of Us and a bit of Silent Hill. It starts off very slow but things start to pick up around the third chapter. Finding ammo is like finding a gold mine in this game, it's very scarce so use it wisely. I find myself using melee when I have to or just running and hiding. I wasn't crazy about the upgrade system at first but after a while I like it now. I won't go too much deeper into it, just wanted to give my first thoughts of the game. Overall it's pretty good . I give it an 7.5/10.

using one match to kill 3 enemies is the best feeling evah , cause the scarce ammo
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spoilers can be tagged, though. I just don't think two active topics for one subject are necessary. It's one thing to start anew if the previous topic has been dead and fallen off page 1, but that isn't the case here. The original TEW topic has always been very active. I'll wait and let Mass and Vandal voice their thoughts on the issue, then go from there.

But isn't the temptation of opening the spoiler too big sometimes???????? Razz

OK, whatever you decide is fine, it isn't a big deal
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: The Evil Within: Resident Evil 1 Homage Comparison (video)   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Hey guys, i'm sure most of you have noticed this but i went ahead and did a comparison of the two shots. I should have used the original directors cut version but i used REmake for purposes of clarity. Check it out!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Lightning Count
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lightning Count

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 2:46 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within   Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shinji Mikami's The Evil Within
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next