Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

shinji mikami's sweet home...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

shinji mikami's sweet home... Empty
PostSubject: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 4:15 am

i dont think there has been a topic about this but i thought there should be as this game was great influence for RE. this was the game shinji made before resident evil. sweet home for the famicom,there was also a film of the same name. check it out.

Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:03 am

This was for Gameboy right?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 am

Ah yes, I couldn't remember the name of this game. All I could remember was that "Home" was in its name. Rumor has it that this is where the name Resident Evil came from. Home = Residence.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Ah yes, I couldn't remember the name of this game. All I could remember was that "Home" was in its name. Rumor has it that this is where the name Resident Evil came from. Home = Residence.
I've always thought it was called Resident Evil for a different reason. From what I understand, resident doesn't just mean home, but it's more the idea of being somewhere, get what I mean. So in all the games "evil" is resident. Very clever title IMO.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:10 am

lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
I've always thought it was called Resident Evil for a different reason. From what I understand, resident doesn't just mean home, but it's more the idea of being somewhere, get what I mean. So in all the games "evil" is resident. Very clever title IMO.

Nah, Resident means staying in one place. The dictionary says "Not migratory". Therefore, the "evil" would only be in one place. And as we've seen, that isn't the case. Plus Sweet Home was based in a house/mansion just like Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:11 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Nah, Resident means staying in one place. The dictionary says "Not migratory". Therefore, the "evil" would only be in one place. And as we've seen, that isn't the case. Plus Sweet Home was based in a house/mansion just like Resident Evil.
I know, what I meant to get across though is that in all the games, evil is resident. It's always there. Just hard to get across by typing.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:13 am

Oh I get it. I dunno, you could be right.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:14 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Oh I get it. I dunno, you could be right.
Has Capcom ever actually explained the English title of the series. The reasons for calling it "Biohazard" in Japan are quite obvious.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:16 am

There is a thread around here somewhere that says that they don't even know why it's called Resident Evil. It's like they got some random dude off the street here and said name this game something...we won't question you.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:20 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
There is a thread around here somewhere that says that they don't even know why it's called Resident Evil. It's like they got some random dude off the street here and said name this game something...we won't question you.
It may have been to make is sound cooler. Weird, I know, but when the first Harry Potter was "ported" to the US, they changed it from it's original title (The Philosopher's Stone) to Sorcerer's Stone, the reason being that they though it sounded cooler. Same with Phillip Pullman's "Northern Lights", got changed to "The Golden Compass".
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:48 am

Ah yes, I remember reading about Sweet Home in a Gameinformer magezine, in fact the entire like two pages were dedicated to RE.Smile It described alot on how Sweet Home inspired RE.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:53 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ah yes, I remember reading about Sweet Home in a Gameinformer magezine, in fact the entire like two pages were dedicated to RE.Smile It described alot on how Sweet Home inspired RE.

Not all brilliant ideas are 100% original. Sweet Home gave birth to one of the greatest game series ever! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:30 am

Yeah I like Sorceror's Stone better. I can't wait for Half Blood Prince to release!
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:32 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Yeah I like Sorceror's Stone better. I can't wait for Half Blood Prince to release!
Same. While the movies aren't nearly as good as the books, they are still enjoyable. And now the effects just keep getting better and the plot is starting to get really exciting.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:38 am

I think the movies are gratuitously excellent! They stick with the book almost verbatim, in most respects, and I love the actors. Ralph Fiennes plays one of the best villains I can think of. He's right there with Wesker!
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:40 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
I think the movies are gratuitously excellent! They stick with the book almost verbatim, in most respects, and I love the actors. Ralph Fiennes plays one of the best villains I can think of. He's right there with Wesker!
I'll agree about the acting. If you want a movie that is close to the book, you should check out Watchmen. One of my favorite movies of all time.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:42 am

it was released for famicom. which is basically a japanese snes i think ( dont quote me on that!)
there was a rumour that was about saying that the name resident evil came from a note which was found in sweet home saying "house of residing evil" refering to the mansion sweet home was set in.
but... mikami basically trashed that rumour in saying that he didnt know why they called it resident evil and he wanted it to stay biohazard but capcom america apparently wanted Resident evil and they got there way.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:50 am

charlieRE2 wrote:
it was released for famicom. which is basically a japanese snes i think ( dont quote me on that!)
there was a rumour that was about saying that the name resident evil came from a note which was found in sweet home saying "house of residing evil" refering to the mansion sweet home was set in.
but... mikami basically trashed that rumour in saying that he didnt know why they called it resident evil and he wanted it to stay biohazard but capcom america apparently wanted Resident evil and they got there way.

Yeah that is what I read too about a document saying 'residing evil' or something like that.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:53 am

It couldn't be called Biohazard here. There was already a band here that had that name copyrighted.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:06 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
It couldn't be called Biohazard here. There was already a band here that had that name copyrighted.
That would make sense.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:44 pm

no that wasnt the reason. the reason had to do with capcom america.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:02 pm

boy this is a golden oldie
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:39 pm

charlieRE2 wrote:
no that wasnt the reason. the reason had to do with capcom america.

You really think a bunch of Americans could convince Shinji Mikami to change the name, simply because it sounded uncool? The Japanese are known for their pride, and as such, they will not tolerate anyone meddling with their creations. Especially not Americans. There were legal issues. Nothing more, nothing less. Here's proof:

http://www.qj.net/What-s-in-a-name-The-Biohazard-Resident-Evil-name-change-revealed/pg/49/aid/130194
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:17 pm

i never said they changed mikamis mind, he had no say in the matter. i have the interview with mikami right in front of me Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 5:57 pm

charlieRE2 wrote:
i never said they changed mikamis mind, he had no say in the matter. i have the interview with mikami right in front of me Smile

Well, either way, it couldn't be named Biohazard in America because of the band of the same name. I'm still waiting for you to prove me wrong. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shinji mikami's sweet home...   shinji mikami's sweet home... Empty

Back to top Go down

shinji mikami's sweet home...
Page 1 of 1