HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?

Go down 
+20
SWITCHMYND
MSR
ChickenHeart
Teh Black Cat
Ghost Leader
will1234562
AWDCP
Mass Distraction
DivideByZero
RaviorStygian
Methsia
02viperacr
Known_Hero
Xannidel
37 Narwhals
ThomVD
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Vandal
weskersbarber
Jamesy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:51 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ya, that's true. In any case the only way I see the old style working is another remake.

If by that you mean RE7 not reverting back to fixed angles, and all that jazz. Yes, they wouldn't just make RE7 like RE2. Not going to happen.

That said, didn't RE6 do a good job of throwing back to RE?

I liked that they occasionally used fixed camera angles, and there were plenty of other little tidbits. Didn't the saving icon look like a typewriter?

I know RE6 gets a lot of hate(Mercy), but I found that they did a pretty fine job with the game overall.

Oh, and I do think the Nostalgia does blind us sometimes, but I think most of us are pretty aware of, realistically, what Capcom should be doing with RE, and what we can expect.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:00 am

Resident Evil 6 does do a good job at throwing back to older titles, but it doesn't make it a Resident Evil game. The fixed canera angles come up at the worst times too. Like Ada Chapter 1 when you're in a hurry to escape a sinking ship? I died like 8 times before completeing that. How about when you're running away from something and you can't see what's ahead of you? Bad idea.

Again, you can reference older games, that doesn't make it any more Resident Evil than it should have been.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:28 pm

another question would be is capcom going to being in the original gears of war creater cliff to help with resident evil. http://gamepolitics.com/2012/10/29/cliff-bleszinski-capcom-we-can-fix-resident-evil-6#.US5sJqKsjTo
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 pm

They will most likely want to do it their way and not give the project to a person from a completely different company.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
They will most likely want to do it their way and not give the project to a person from a completely different company.
thats what i thought but sense he quit that company idk capcom may see use in him.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:56 pm

halestride wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
thats what i thought but sense he quit that company idk capcom may see use in him.
Eh... Considering that over 600 people worked on RE6, hiring one man to do the whole planning for the game wouldn't make sense. They wouldn't hire a man and make him sit in the execs' table straight away either.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
halestride wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Eh... Considering that over 600 people worked on RE6, hiring one man to do the whole planning for the game wouldn't make sense. They wouldn't hire a man and make him sit in the execs' table straight away either.
yeah ok true, i think my inner gears of war fan is getting the best of me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:39 pm

halestride wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
halestride wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
yeah ok true, i think my inner gears of war fan is getting the best of me.
As Gears of War was inspired by RE4 it's not really that much of a difference which games you are a fan of Razz
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:56 pm

Not gonna happen. Well, there's the possibility of a side game bringing back the horror, but not a game dealing with the main storyline. I want to see RE0 - RECV remade (not remastered) to act like RE4,5,6,etc. but with less the action. =D
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Why do people keep mentioning Zer0 as a game they want a remake of? That game looks and plays fantastic even by today's standards. I don't really want to see a remake of anything that has been released from PS2/GC/XBox onwards. I'm perfectly fine with the HD versions of CV and RE4.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Why do people keep mentioning Zer0 as a game they want a remake of? That game looks and plays fantastic even by today's standards. I don't really want to see a remake of anything that has been released from PS2/GC/XBox onwards. I'm perfectly fine with the HD versions of CV and RE4.
Well a remake of CV would still be nice. If it was remade in a similar fashion to REmake and 0, it'd look and feel even better. Four is pretty alright, but they could have done better.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Well a remake of CV would still be nice. If it was remade in a similar fashion to REmake and 0, it'd look and feel even better. Four is pretty alright, but they could have done better.
Wait… am I reading this right? Why would anyone want Resident Evil 4 to be redone? It's been ported to nearly every single device that plays games.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Mercy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Wait… am I reading this right? Why would anyone want Resident Evil 4 to be redone? It's been ported to nearly every single device that plays games.

Still waiting on RE4 for super nintendo. But it might come any day now.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:48 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Still waiting on RE4 for super nintendo. But it might come any day now.
Ever since it was released.

But seriously, count it up.

Gamecube, PS2, iOS devices+Lower Res Cell Phones, PC, Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3. That is a lot of ports.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:03 am

Mercy wrote:
Resident Evil 6 does do a good job at throwing back to older titles, but it doesn't make it a Resident Evil game. The fixed canera angles come up at the worst times too.

Isn't that kind of the point?

The camera angles aren't supposed to be the most convienant angles for us gamers to see the situation from. Wasn't that always part of the "horror" aspect in earlier RE games?

In that sense, the camera angles in RE6 are just fine.

And I feel like RE6 has a nice story, mixed with a plethora of great RE characters, some nice monsters, gameplay, etc. plus throwbacks? Sounds like a good RE game to me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:18 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Resident Evil 6 does do a good job at throwing back to older titles, but it doesn't make it a Resident Evil game. The fixed canera angles come up at the worst times too.

Isn't that kind of the point?

The camera angles aren't supposed to be the most convienant angles for us gamers to see the situation from. Wasn't that always part of the "horror" aspect in earlier RE games?

In that sense, the camera angles in RE6 are just fine.

And I feel like RE6 has a nice story, mixed with a plethora of great RE characters, some nice monsters, gameplay, etc. plus throwbacks? Sounds like a good RE game to me.
So the point of those angles is to make the game broken and hard in the sense that it doesn't work as it's supposed to? I'm okay with the angles in the old games but holy hell, there was absolutely no need for sudden camera angle changes in RE6. The only part it didn't hinder the gameplay was the stairs when playing as Chris.

Throwback = okay. Bad game design = not okay.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Mercy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
No you didn't read it right. I didn't say I wanted a remake of 4. I was saying that they could have done better when redoing the game's textures for the ps3. And what I meant to say for CV s that if they'd recreate for the ps3, I was thinking they'd redo the animations and graphics to match REmake's and Zero's since those two games have great textures even by today's standards.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:33 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
So the point of those angles is to make the game broken and hard in the sense that it doesn't work as it's supposed to?

Who's to say it isn't working as it's supposed to?

When I got bitten by a zombie that I couldn't see, when he was right up in my grill, is that broken? Or is that how the game is meant to be? Hearing the zombie moaning, adding to the suspense and horror. Annoying or not, it's a legit throwback to classic RE. I like it.

Mass Distraction Logic = Zip
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:26 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
So the point of those angles is to make the game broken and hard in the sense that it doesn't work as it's supposed to?

Who's to say it isn't working as it's supposed to?
So the sudden camera angle changes in RE6 are supposed to kill the player multiple times? That, right there, is bad game design. Difficulty should not come from broken game mechanics.

I understand it in the older games and I like it there because it's there the whole time. Those games didn't have you play 99% of the game over the shoulder and then suddenly make the camera throw a quick 360 thus making your character run in the complete opposite direction you were originally going.

Like I said, it was okay in the stair parts and other parts where you were not running for your life or trying to sneak around.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:00 am

I don't think a game should have a mix between camera angles. I don't like it at all when a game makes you play 99% of the game one way and then switches it up. To me, when games do this it feels like I am all of a sudden playing a completely different game. It also seems sloppy to me because it makes the game seem a little more disorganized, like the developers didn't know what they were doing in some parts. Even just for parts when you are sneaking around, I still wouldn't like that. Unless the rest of the game was like that.

As for RE6, I personally didn't encounter any trouble playing the game when the camera angles switched around, but I wasn't fond of it either.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 5:24 pm

spawn wrote:
I don't think a game should have a mix between camera angles. I don't like it at all when a game makes you play 99% of the game one way and then switches it up. To me, when games do this it feels like I am all of a sudden playing a completely different game. It also seems sloppy to me because it makes the game seem a little more disorganized, like the developers didn't know what they were doing in some parts. Even just for parts when you are sneaking around, I still wouldn't like that. Unless the rest of the game was like that.

As for RE6, I personally didn't encounter any trouble playing the game when the camera angles switched around, but I wasn't fond of it either.
It's worse when you haven't played the game in a while, and you forgot when the camera would change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?   Would it be unwise for capcom too do this? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Would it be unwise for capcom too do this?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4