HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Praise Thread

Go down 
+10
Progenitor
The mastAH!
Mass Distraction
RaviorStygian
chocotricks
will1234562
chrisredfielmusculo
chrisredfield84
Vandal
MSR
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Progenitor wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
\

I actually like it looking more like a dungeon than a Trevor style mansion. We've seen that sort of mansion design plenty of times, RE1, REmake, LIN, CVX, DA, and maybe even RER a little.

A little?! The ship(s?) was made from Trevor's blueprints found from before his death!

I'm not really getting onto you, I just noticed that tidbit of information today and saw a chance to use it Razz

The Queen Zenobia, the Queen Samaramis and the Queen Dido.

Tis true, there is a document that confirms that.

It might also explain why some of Spencer's art from his Mansion in Europe, is seen all over the ships. Neutral

BTW, I was watching Damnation recently, and when it got to the part in your avy, I thought, Progenitor. Razz

I still enjoy Leon and Ada quite a bit in that movie.
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Progenitor wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
\

I actually like it looking more like a dungeon than a Trevor style mansion. We've seen that sort of mansion design plenty of times, RE1, REmake, LIN, CVX, DA, and maybe even RER a little.

A little?! The ship(s?) was made from Trevor's blueprints found from before his death!

I'm not really getting onto you, I just noticed that tidbit of information today and saw a chance to use it Razz

The Queen Zenobia, the Queen Samaramis and the Queen Dido.

Tis true, there is a document that confirms that.

It might also explain why some of Spencer's art from his Mansion in Europe, is seen all over the ships. Neutral

BTW, I was watching Damnation recently, and when it got to the part in your avy, I thought, Progenitor. Razz

I still enjoy Leon and Ada quite a bit in that movie.

Well thank you, I'm honored ^_^

Yeah, I enjoy how they are on different levels (Ada, super spy and high political conspiracy/Leon, dutiful boy scout that always seems to make it out) but still respect each other as equals. They need to hurry up and go diving sometime ><

I was watching a top 5 sad scenes video in another thread and saw the original "Ada hanging over the edge and Leon not letting go scene" from RE2 and really took it to heart more than I remember. The tragic and epic music playing as Ada says "I really wanted to escape with you Leon. Escape from everything...goodbye." Now with how much we know Ada (well...not much) that really has gravity to it. Ada has allegiance to Ada and the job that day. It refueled my low gas gauge of LeonxAda's perpetual flirting/surviving. I feel like I'm rambling now. But I hope she and Leon are absent from the next main game, between-game, and in RE8 we find out what Ada's running from. And I hope she finally gets to escape it all with Leon. (A mirror of the RE2 scene, except right when she's about to let go (also semi-similar to the RE5 Wesker/Sheva/Chris in the plane scene) he catches her and never let's go again.) Sorry...I've had a few drinks and am celebrating RE2's 15th anniversary today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:40 pm

@Progenitor: Have you read the City of the Dead novel? If you haven't, you really should. While not exactly canon with the games it focuses on Ada's thoughts during the ordeal quite a lot. It was some really interesting stuff to read.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Progenitor wrote:
Well thank you, I'm honored ^_^

Yeah, I enjoy how they are on different levels (Ada, super spy and high political conspiracy/Leon, dutiful boy scout that always seems to make it out) but still respect each other as equals. They need to hurry up and go diving sometime ><

I was watching a top 5 sad scenes video in another thread and saw the original "Ada hanging over the edge and Leon not letting go scene" from RE2 and really took it to heart more than I remember. The tragic and epic music playing as Ada says "I really wanted to escape with you Leon. Escape from everything...goodbye." Now with how much we know Ada (well...not much) that really has gravity to it. Ada has allegiance to Ada and the job that day. It refueled my low gas gauge of LeonxAda's perpetual flirting/surviving. I feel like I'm rambling now. But I hope she and Leon are absent from the next main game, between-game, and in RE8 we find out what Ada's running from. And I hope she finally gets to escape it all with Leon. (A mirror of the RE2 scene, except right when she's about to let go (also semi-similar to the RE5 Wesker/Sheva/Chris in the plane scene) he catches her and never let's go again.) Sorry...I've had a few drinks and am celebrating RE2's 15th anniversary today Very Happy

Although the music in that particular death scene for Ada is pretty epic, and tragic, I also really liked the music that played during Ada's death in the LeonB scenario where they have their One Last Kiss(which I think is actually the title of that track), as Ada falling down a bottomless pit is from LeonA.

On a side note, I also really liked the way they showed her "death" in DSC. Seeing Mr. X fall into the lava pit, then Leon at her side. It actually uses a really interesting camera angle for the kiss, in which it does a blurry close up of Ada's face, obviously from Leon's POV. Pretty cool.

I think it's Sakura The Zombie Slayer's avy, that shows Leon and Claire at the beach. Guess Leon wanted to go diving with Claire. Razz

Leon: "Claire!? Do you need CPR?!"
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:01 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
@Progenitor: Have you read the City of the Dead novel? If you haven't, you really should. While not exactly canon with the games it focuses on Ada's thoughts during the ordeal quite a lot. It was some really interesting stuff to read.

It is literally sitting right next to me Smile I've started rereading it recently but haven't gotten terribly deep in it yet. I have all the S.D. Perry books, and read them all but Code Veronica. I hadn't beating Code Veronica yet so I wasn't gonna find out the story through the novelization. Didn't feel right. So I still have that one waiting for me Smile

@Spike Yeah, I really liked that. I think I might start playing DSC right now, cause I just bought the perfect shot and now's as good a time as any Very Happy

Speaking of Claire on a completely off-note, I thought about starting a thread of Claire vs Helena as who is truly the most emotional RE character now? In every category Claire is the superior character, but Helena was so overly emotional I couldn't see straight. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:36 pm

Quote :
@Spike Yeah, I really liked that. I think I might start playing DSC right now, cause I just bought the perfect shot and now's as good a time as any Very Happy

Speaking of Claire on a completely off-note, I thought about starting a thread of Claire vs Helena as who is truly the most emotional RE character now? In every category Claire is the superior character, but Helena was so overly emotional I couldn't see straight. What do you think?

Emotional?

I only recall Claire being a bit of a crybaby when Steve died really.

I'd like to praise Capcom on showing the same cool locations, in several different games.

Playing RPD in Outbreak File#2 is really cool. Seeing the place all REmade. There is a note on a desk in one fo the offices, a sealed letter for "Leon S. Kennedy". Just cool little things like that. Things you'd know if you had previously experienced other RE games.

Raccoon Hospital in The Hive, the underground lab in Below Freezing Point, RPD in Desperate Times, and seeing a different, daylight yet foggy Arklay Mountains Raccoon Forest in Flashback. Not to mention the characters cameos; William(G), Umbrella's Special Forces, UBCS, Nicholai, Marvin, etc.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:05 pm

I think RE has some of the absolute bet co-op. it actually works really nicely.

Now just stop forcing it into the main story mode Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:35 pm

I am with you; I really enjoyed the little easter eggs that they included in Outbreak. The games filled in a lot of off-screen scenarios from the original games nicely.

My favorite thing about the series is the story. As jumbled as it is, I love all of the open ends to it. One of the things I look forward to the most about playing (or replaying) through Resident Evil games is coming across new files to try and answer those lingering questions. Most of my friends think I am obsessed and, well maybe I am. :p
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:33 am

I love how Capcom usually makes RE very balanced with difficulty (bar 6). I guess I am just one of those hardcore nerds/morons who love to get the hardest possible, and Capcom almost never did disappoint.

Arrange in RE1 and Hard on Remake were great (didn't even try Easy, I am sure it sucks ass).
RE2 PC Hard/Nightmare were great too, and 4th Survivor and Extreme Battle lv3 were amazing.
RE3's own Hard difficulty was very well done. Easy sucks donkey scrotum though, but that's just me. The Merc's were challenging, especially with Nicolai.
Pro difficulty on 4 and 5 were great, except that 5 had that one-hit-dying (which is usually a kill right away because your partner is hardly close enough to save you), and that wouldn't be that much of a problem in itself if it wasn't for Sheva who gets killed rather easily. The worst part is when you fight Wesker for the first time, and Sheva is all like: "I'll take care of Jill, you handle Wesker!" and you have to be like "Come on! Follow me!" etc ALL the fucking time because Jill shits in her life and you have to start over.

I am only yet to try Infernal mode for Revelations (oddly enough I didn't go for the highest diff right away, because I always do so), but I didn't have faith that it would be a great game because 6 was such a disappointment, so I just wanted to run through it. I am really glad that I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Praise Thread   Resident Evil Praise Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Praise Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2