HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?

Go down 
+21
RebelliousQueen
00biohazard
Cyberization
weskersbarber
MSR
Mcghie
Limey
DeadFan
McShowtime
Nobudy
White Rock
VoyageTreader08
Teh Black Cat
Spike991
chrisredfielmusculo
37 Narwhals
ChrisRedfieldRE156
RaviorStygian
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
Jamesy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 5:42 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Not to start a war here, but MGS storyline and dialogue cannot be even compared to RE. RE is a B move style game. MGS isn't. Not saying anything else, RE is my favorite game, but common.
It can in terms of depth and complexity.

Ahhhh, I've gotta (briefly) dispute this. RE could only rival MGS if Capcom gave a damn about creating an intricate & continuous ongoing storyline, character development, and portraying challenging, mature themes. Not to put down RE, but I really don't think it comes anywhere close to MGS in terms of being a complex series.

And yeah, I don't really wanna get into this one too much. They're my #1 and #2 favourite game series of all time, arguing about them would be like watching my pets fight and betting on the outcome. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:07 am

Cyberization wrote:
RE could only rival MGS if Capcom gave a damn about[...]character development
I don't really want to argue the matter either but I simply must argue this point. There has been a ton of character development in RE. Maybe not as much as in MGS but a whole lot anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Cyberization wrote:
RE could only rival MGS if Capcom gave a damn about[...]character development
I don't really want to argue the matter either but I simply must argue this point. There has been a ton of character development in RE. Maybe not as much as in MGS but a whole lot anyway.
Hence the comparison to MGS and AC. I'm not saying each IP's plots are equal in all aspects to each other, but in terms of the depth and complexity, they're all perfectly comparable.
Back to top Go down
Wesker's Fanboy
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker's Fanboy

Playstation Network Yonwyn

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 pm

It was the biggest bullshit move in the entire series. I'll never forgive Capcom for doing this. Albert Wesker has been one of the most important and main characters in the entire series and they just off him like this? It was a jerk move to the extreme. I've even heard people say that 'it was time to move on' and every time I hear that, I just get so bloody mad at that. It's like Capcom's turning into an EA.

We really did only hit the tip of the iceberg with Wesker. He was, honestly, one of the most detailed characters. He had so much potential, and it was even building up (I mean, he could have even had his own bloody game), but they just kill him off because they got 'bored' with him.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Wesker's Fanboy wrote:
I mean, he could have even had his own bloody game
Didn't he already kinda have? He narrated UC and even had his own original chapters in it.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:49 pm

Plus, he really doesn't need one. That's like saying Legend of Zelda needs a game where you play as Ganondorf and the game is only about taking down Hyrule. After that then what? Get kille by the hero of time?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 7:00 pm

Wesker's Fanboy wrote:
It was the biggest bullshit move in the entire series. I'll never forgive Capcom for doing this. Albert Wesker has been one of the most important and main characters in the entire series and they just off him like this? It was a jerk move to the extreme. I've even heard people say that 'it was time to move on' and every time I hear that, I just get so bloody mad at that. It's like Capcom's turning into an EA.

We really did only hit the tip of the iceberg with Wesker. He was, honestly, one of the most detailed characters. He had so much potential, and it was even building up (I mean, he could have even had his own bloody game), but they just kill him off because they got 'bored' with him.
Resident Evil is primarily about fighting Bio-Terrorism in order to (as Leon puts it) Scrubbing Viruses off the face of the Earth. Though not confirmed, when it comes to the T-Virus, it seems as if it's off the map as are the Las Plagas, T-Veronica, and G-Viruses. Though the C-Virus is really Veronica and G put together. Wesker just happened to be the one playing a major role for almost every main game's plot up until 5.
Back to top Go down
Wesker's Fanboy
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker's Fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Wesker's Fanboy wrote:
Didn't he already kinda have? He narrated UC and even had his own original chapters in it.

I'm talking about a full game to where you can actually play as him instead of just shoot things on-rail. Not that I'm ungrateful for it, however. I'm really excited to be able to play his chapters in it and see everything from his side.

There's so much deep stuff that Capcom just blew away that could have had so much more meaning.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Wesker's Fanboy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Wesker's Fanboy wrote:

I'm talking about a full game to where you can actually play as him instead of just shoot things on-rail. Not that I'm ungrateful for it, however. I'm really excited to be able to play his chapters in it and see everything from his side.

There's so much deep stuff that Capcom just blew away that could have had so much more meaning.
They might do such a thing, but it probably won't be counted as a main game series. It'll probably be a spin-off type game, but it'll be canon.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 12:44 am

Nobudy wrote:
Wesker's Fanboy wrote:

Resident Evil is primarily about fighting Bio-Terrorism in order to (as Leon puts it) Scrubbing Viruses off the face of the Earth. Though not confirmed, when it comes to the T-Virus, it seems as if it's off the map as are the Las Plagas, T-Veronica, and G-Viruses. Though the C-Virus is really Veronica and G put together. Wesker just happened to be the one playing a major role for almost every main game's plot up until 5.
Guess we have 'The Family' now as the pseudo-Illuminati.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:54 am

Wesker's Fanboy wrote:

Learning of his true character in RE1 up until finally killing him in RE5 wasn't "just offing him", it was a decade-long virtual manhunt. It was about time to put his story arc to bed once and for all. He couldn't live on forever.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Limey wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Wesker's Fanboy wrote:

Guess we have 'The Family' now as the pseudo-Illuminati.
Yup. pretty much. Then there's the possibility of Neo-Umbrella continuing.
Back to top Go down
Wesker's Fanboy
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker's Fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Wesker's Fanboy wrote:

Learning of his true character in RE1 up until finally killing him in RE5 wasn't "just offing him", it was a decade-long virtual manhunt. It was about time to put his story arc to bed once and for all. He couldn't live on forever.

They hardly had him appearing at ALL in the games after RE 1, save for CVX and his little cameos in RE 4. The only game that truly made an attempt to get down into his mind and character was UC and that one didn't even give us his full character. Why don't we just kill off The Joker and never let him return, no matter what, and carry Batman on? You know why they don't? Because it wouldn't be the same and RE will not be the same because of this.

People who say that he should have been killed off by now (or ever) really don't understand how he was a 'villain' and what he stood for. He could have been so much, we could have gotten the next Hannibal Lector (without the people eating, of course) in terms of depth from him, but no. People who think he's 'boring' get to have a say and kill of amazing characters.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Wesker's Fanboy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Wesker's Fanboy wrote:

They hardly had him appearing at ALL in the games after RE 1, save for CVX and his little cameos in RE 4. The only game that truly made an attempt to get down into his mind and character was UC and that one didn't even give us his full character. Why don't we just kill off The Joker and never let him return, no matter what, and carry Batman on? You know why they don't? Because it wouldn't be the same and RE will not be the same because of this.

People who say that he should have been killed off by now (or ever) really don't understand how he was a 'villain' and what he stood for. He could have been so much, we could have gotten the next Hannibal Lector (without the people eating, of course) in terms of depth from him, but no. People who think he's 'boring' get to have a say and kill of amazing characters.
I don't think I've seen a post as uneducated as this one in a long time. Let's go down point by point, shall we?

Did you know Capcom never though of making Resident Evil 2 by the time they finished Resident Evil? The story was pretty conclusive if you think about it, Wesker died, the mansion was destroyed, everyone escaped through the chopper. Then Capcom realized they had a money making machine in their hands when they got the feedback from players and critics alike. People replayed Resident Evil so much that they wanted something new, the lack of Wesker in 2 & 3 is to be expected, because he was stabbed, blown up, and crushed. I'm sure you know this, but honestly, it hasn't crossed your mind when anger posting Wesker's death, hm? You also know the reason they killed Wesker off was because they really thought this was the peak for Resident Evil as a franchise? Resident Evil 5 Producer Jun Takeuchi—who has been with the franchise since it's genesis—fondly smiled in an interview saying "From the graphics, to the gameplay, to the storyline, we think we have reached the pinnacle of Resident Evil games with this title."

Joker is a comic book villain. Wesker is a videogame villain. Both forms of media are wildly different. Joker was made over 50 years before Wesker was, he's way more iconic, recognizable, and important to the culture than Wesker is. The reason Joker would come back over and over and over again are because back then comics came out once a month. Regular adventures would occur. In the video game industry, a game comes out once every two to three years in a franchise. One year if you're Call of Duty and Assassin'a Creed. In the end, you're mixing up apples with oranges. They're still fruit, just like they're still villains, but of two different classes.

People who say he should have been killed don't know what he stood for as a villain? Uhhh… so what did he stand for as a villain? A roadblock for Chris every now and then? A maniac who wanted to destroy the world with worms? What depth is there to explore? As you said before we barely saw him in the games, I do challenge you to enlighten us on the matter, because you seem to be looking at your idol through rose shaded glasses. Yeah, we do it all the time, like how I refused to believe that Resident Evil 6 was bad until I noticed that I was slowly starting to hate myself and ten months of anticipating, waiting, an itch to scratch, and $60 later, I tried to convince myself that it was worth my effort, but it clearly wasn't. I came to terms with it, even though I defended that game from reviews like trying to defend an angry nest of wasps. Get over the fact that Wesker is such a flatter than a pancake regarding depth, had no room to evolve past "idiotic crazy saturday morning cartoon villain."
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:36 am

Albert was only the villain to Chris and Jill, mostly Chris, anyway. That's like one billionth of the characters in the series. To other characters, like Leon who never even had the pleasure of meeting the guy, he was merely a fugitive. He wasn't a global threat until RE5 and even then Chris ended up offing him in the same title.

As for the Joker/Wesker comparison, the difference is that Joker is all up in your face all the time while Albert mostly hid in the shadows. Well, up until 5 (or, alternatively, MvC3) that is.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:27 am

it sucks capcom got rid of wesker he was a badass villian. and he his missed but at least we have his son jake and to me he proves promising.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4