HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?

Go down 
+21
RebelliousQueen
00biohazard
Cyberization
weskersbarber
MSR
Mcghie
Limey
DeadFan
McShowtime
Nobudy
White Rock
VoyageTreader08
Teh Black Cat
Spike991
chrisredfielmusculo
37 Narwhals
ChrisRedfieldRE156
RaviorStygian
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
Jamesy
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? Empty
PostSubject: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:04 pm

When I played resident evil 5 4 years ago I was shocked that Wesker was killed off...... Sure Albert Wesker was included in a few re games but overall I think we only hit the tip of the iceberg when learning about his personality and character. If he survived him and chris could have had more battles and Wesker could have teamed up with his son Jake and alex.

Why did capcom decide too kill him? Do u agree that his character was wasted and if anything he was shunned in favour of other characters such as Ada Wong and Leon kennedy. Not too mention the fact that re5 was not a good enough quality game for such an epic character too make his final farewell

I know resident evil is not Wesker but still woulden't it have been cool if him and Chris had one last epic fight in the last ever resident evil game?

Your thoughts on this?

I personally think there should be a petition too cap com too make a re game titled 'Albert Wesker chronicles'
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:39 pm

I think he was at the end of his character arc. There's only so much you can do with a certain character before getting stale. Not too sure Jake would have teamed up with his father either, Jake isn't an evil person. I would rather see them focusing on a new villain, Alex for example, instead of making the storyline any more confusing with all the family ties and whatnot.

On the note of RE5's quality, it's a matter of perspective. I thought it was an awesome game.

There's already enough "Albert Wesker Chronicles" in all the Wesker's Reports.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Well overall Wesker only had a big role in code veronica, re1 and re5. Even in re1 he only made a few appearances here and there.

Leon and Chris in my opinion have gone stale but cap com still keeps bringing them back.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:55 pm

They sure have. Still, it's at least one loose end tied up. Hopefully Chris and Leon will eventually stand back and retire or something.

Albert did also have his own storylines in Umbrella Chronicles and appeared behind the scenes in RE4 and Zer0. Let's not forget about the Reports either.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:16 pm

I think killing Wesker off was a bit hasty though
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:18 pm

I like Wesker and all, but he's been the series' main antagonist and villain since the first game. It was time that his story arc ended so that the current story arc can, in turn, end. That way, Capcom can finish out the rest of the franchise's unresolved issues (Ada Wong, "S", Tricell, the Organization, etc.) so as to make room for a reboot that I, personally, believe isn't that far off.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Like what everyone else is saying, it was about time for him to be taken out. He had an epic death, it was done well, and it was memorable. It also is one of the strongest things if not the strongest thing that makes RE5 relevant to the story. RE5 marked the first major climax of the RE story.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Jamesy wrote:
When I played resident evil 5 4 years ago I was shocked that Wesker was killed off...... Sure Albert Wesker was included in a few re games but overall I think we only hit the tip of the iceberg when learning about his personality and character. If he survived him and chris could have had more battles and Wesker could have teamed up with his son Jake and alex.

Why did capcom decide too kill him? Do u agree that his character was wasted and if anything he was shunned in favour of other characters such as Ada Wong and Leon kennedy. Not too mention the fact that re5 was not a good enough quality game for such an epic character too make his final farewell

I know resident evil is not Wesker but still woulden't it have been cool if him and Chris had one last epic fight in the last ever resident evil game?

Your thoughts on this?

I personally think there should be a petition too cap com too make a re game titled 'Albert Wesker chronicles'

First of teaming up Wesker with Jake is too much like Star Wars. Secondly if u look at things from that perspective then many of RE characters shouldn't have died, especially Wesker, Yes he was an awesome character but he had his own deadline Razz I mean if they kept him till final game what would he do, turn to a good guy like DR Evil??? so killing Wesker in RE 5 was a good idea. But Wesker chronicles really has a chance on realise!!!
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 pm

I don't have a problem with Wesker dying, I just wish Jill or Barry would've done it instead of Sheva.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:06 am

I really want to know what an "Albert Wesker Chronicles" would even entail. He already had his own stories in the Umbrella Chronicles and since the Chronicles games are essentially retellings of past events with added story that would mean they'd have to... uh... remake Umbrella Chronicles and add RE4 and RE5 parts in there?

I would preferably have that Survivor Chronicles instead.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:13 am

i wish chris and jill had killed him,instead of chris and sheva doing it
but still,it was time to let the character go,he had a good run in the series

i just wish they would lay back of chris and leon for a bit,and perhaps bring old characters back
i would like to see barry in the future games
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 am

Wesker chronicles could take place in the 1970s when he first joined umbrella. It could also take place in the 90s when he first joined stars and perhaps there would be a part where he and his love interest meet for the first time.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 am

Jamesy wrote:

RE5 should've had this, instead we had Sheva tagging along, and some ridiculous fight in a volcano.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:06 am

Jamesy wrote:
Wesker chronicles could take place in the 1970s when he first joined umbrella. It could also take place in the 90s when he first joined stars and perhaps there would be a part where he and his love interest meet for the first time.
And... what would you be fighting against exactly?

As far as we know, there was no real outbreak of any kind anywhere before RE1 and Zer0 took place.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:12 pm

I just love how, like, 99% of Jamsey's posts have absolutely no thought behind them. lol!
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Was getting kind of sick of him at the end of 5 to be honest. The only thing I was slightly disappointed about was the fact Sheva had more to do with his death than Jill. In the volcano scene they should have switched your partner to Jill, would have been more epic imo.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Teh Black Cat wrote:
Was getting kind of sick of him at the end of 5 to be honest. The only thing I was slightly disappointed about was the fact Sheva had more to do with his death than Jill. In the volcano scene they should have switched your partner to Jill, would have been more epic imo.
I've read a post somewhere on here before that stated why that would've been kind of a bad idea. I mean think about it. Sheva went through all of that with Chris, and now just because Jill has a history with him, she doesn't get to pull the trigger? It just wouldn't be right.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:46 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Sheva went through all of that with Chris

And what about all Jill went through with Chris and Wesker?

If you're just putting 5 into consideration, fine but throughout the whole series Jill deserved to be with Chris during that final fight imo.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:03 pm

In a recent interview with the developers of RE6 the possibility of bringing back Wesker was brought up, but they scrapped that idea. According to them, Wesker is always brought up when a new RE game is in development.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:39 pm

I don't like the way he died. To many, he was the villain of the saga. If he was gonna die, he should have died in some unique way and killed a lot of the heroes doing it. Mind you, it is Capcom. They just decided he was getting too much attention.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:09 pm

White Rock wrote:
I don't like the way he died. To many, he was the villain of the saga. If he was gonna die, he should have died in some unique way and killed a lot of the heroes doing it. Mind you, it is Capcom. They just decided he was getting too much attention.
Or he milked enough money for profit until he couldn't produce enough.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 am

Teh Black Cat wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

If you're just putting 5 into consideration, fine but throughout the whole series Jill deserved to be with Chris during that final fight imo.
To be fair, Sheva did lose her whole family because of Umbrella. Jill, not so much.

But what I think they should have done was have Sheva help in the volcano fight, then had Jill be the one firing the second RPG in the helicopter.
Back to top Go down
McShowtime
Cerberus
Cerberus
McShowtime

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:42 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Black Cat wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

To be fair, Sheva did lose her whole family because of Umbrella. Jill, not so much.

But what I think they should have done was have Sheva help in the volcano fight, then had Jill be the one firing the second RPG in the helicopter.

Mightiest cockblock for player-two XD
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:58 am

McShowtime wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Black Cat wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

Mightiest cockblock for player-two XD

lol

@GL, It might've been cooler for Jill to take over after her and Chris reunited, or at least have her go with Chris and Sheva. Instead she just passed out til Josh found her. And flirted with her I might add. "There's always room for a pretty lady". Guess Mr. Stone has a thing for unatural blondes.

She could've been more useful and maybe it wouldn't have needed to even go to a stupid volcano for the ending. Then there'd be no need for a last minute chopper rescue there too.
Back to top Go down
DeadFan
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Hi   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:01 am

Jamesy, I agree with you in that Wesker was my favorite character and that I don't think he died well. Also Jake Muller is a crappy replacement. He was just too easy to kill than he deserved and he should've been allowed to kill Chris before he died. No anyway I found something I wanted to put on here but they won't let me because I'm new. It's a petition on tigweb to bring Wesker back. I found it on youtube in the description of a video entitled Albert Wesker come back. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next