HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?

Go down 
+21
RebelliousQueen
00biohazard
Cyberization
weskersbarber
MSR
Mcghie
Limey
DeadFan
McShowtime
Nobudy
White Rock
VoyageTreader08
Teh Black Cat
Spike991
chrisredfielmusculo
37 Narwhals
ChrisRedfieldRE156
RaviorStygian
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
Jamesy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:07 am

They won't. Even if the petition was sent it would amount to nothing. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, just saying.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:16 am

DeadFan wrote:
Jamesy, I agree with you in that Wesker was my favorite character and that I don't think he died well. Also Jake Muller is a crappy replacement. He was just too easy to kill than he deserved and he should've been allowed to kill Chris before he died. No anyway I found something I wanted to put on here but they won't let me because I'm new. It's a petition on tigweb to bring Wesker back. I found it on youtube in the description of a video entitled Albert Wesker come back. Check it out.

exqueeze me? a baking powder ? ? ? I get that an awesome character was killed at quite an early and even unreasonable stage, but replacing death of one main character with another . . . Kinda unfair right? as for the petition actually i dont agree with mass, the odds of Weskers comeback are quite high, at least i think so and capcome are quite experienced with bringing the dead back to life.
Back to top Go down
DeadFan
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:26 am

Worth trying, Mass. And sorry, ChrisRedfield, I just think that your favorite character is getting kind of pathetic. I mean he starts off in RE:6 wasted in a bar over his men, he spends his campaign worried about his dead men and then when he finally catches up to Ada he shoots the gun out of her hand and tries to take her in! I mean I know that was his orders, but after what she did! Ball-less! He should've wasted her! Then again I guess he's not the bad guy, but still. Oh well, I guess that's why Wesker was my favorite. He never would've allowed such a slight to go unpunished. I suppose that's why I never really like the heroes.

By the way, I have a few questions about Ada in 6 anyway. First of all, I don't remember her ever really being COMPLETELY bad, when did she decide to destroy the world. Also, I came across a rumor on youtube and resident evil wiki that that's not really her in re6. That it's really Carla Radames. Not saying I believe it didn't really think about it, but still it's interesting seeings how she doesn't look-not trying to be rude-but she just doesn't look well, asian in re6 like she did in 4. And who was it that shot her in the helicopter and why did she say "well played"? I haven't finished RE:6 yet so...
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:52 am

DeadFan wrote:

Worth trying, Mass. And sorry, ChrisRedfield, I just think that your favorite character is getting kind of pathetic. I mean he starts off in RE:6 wasted in a bar over his men, he spends his campaign worried about his dead men and then when he finally catches up to Ada he shoots the gun out of her hand and tries to take her in! I mean I know that was his orders, but after what she did! Ball-less! He should've wasted her! Then again I guess he's not the bad guy, but still. Oh well, I guess that's why Wesker was my favorite. He never would've allowed such a slight to go unpunished. I suppose that's why I never really like the heroes.

By the way, I have a few questions about Ada in 6 anyway. First of all, I don't remember her ever really being COMPLETELY bad, when did she decide to destroy the world. Also, I came across a rumor on youtube and resident evil wiki that that's not really her in re6. That it's really Carla Radames. Not saying I believe it didn't really think about it, but still it's interesting seeings how she doesn't look-not trying to be rude-but she just doesn't look well, asian in re6 like she did in 4. And who was it that shot her in the helicopter and why did she say "well played"? I haven't finished RE:6 yet so...

First of all double posting, try keeping you posts in one, use edit button if you want to add smthign 2 ur post, second that evil chic in RE6 was Carla, Ada Wong is her clone. . . Now It takes a lot of guts to actually follow orders and not to kill the person you want to be dead the most, Chris showed that he can control himself, not let emotions get into his way and do whats right and not what he wants, thats the entire message behind his story, that we must do whats right and good for everyone and not what we want. . . So Chris is not getting pathetic, he simply gets more and more awesome . . .
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:55 am

Story conclusion to the Racoon/Umbrella arc, tis all, and sad as that is, they obviously felt a need for new characters who Wesker might overshadow. Plus, they were evidently thinking Wesker's demise would be 'cool', along with his schemes which were ridiculously comparable to Hitler's conception of a master race.

Anyway, with a certain event in RE6 - contained below in a spoiler - I think Wesker's return is theoretically possible and maybe that was done to facilitate his return.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DeadFan
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:02 pm

I suppose, if that's your thing. I just don't like it. Sorry about the posting I don't usually do forums. But to me, Redfield should be used to people dying by now, I mean the line of work he's in. And he's always losing his men. Besides that Carla is too dangerous to be left alive. Was she in the old games? I never got to play them. I started off at 4. I want to play the old games but lack the consoles. Crying or Very sad I found Re:1 on Wii but the controls suck. RE:4 on the wii was easy but 1 didn't translate.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 1:07 pm

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
as for the petition actually i dont agree with mass, the odds of Weskers comeback are quite high, at least i think so and capcome are quite experienced with bringing the dead back to life.
Capcom already made his death official. He isn't coming back. I would think that would be a stupid plot point, anyway.

Besides, how many petitions have they got during the years? RE2 remake, NxC international release, a new Dino Crisis, a release of RE1.5, a new Street Fighter EX, a new Megaman game, a new Power Stone, Outbreak File#3, pull back DmC... The list goes on. None of these petitions have bore fruit and there's propably a dozen more. Not to mention that all of these petitions have been going on for way longer than this one.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 1:09 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Besides, how many petitions have they got during the years? RE2 remake, NxC international release, a new Dino Crisis, a release of RE1.5, a new Street Fighter EX, a new Megaman game, a new Power Stone, Outbreak File#3, pull back DmC... The list goes on. None of these petitions have bore fruit and there's propably a dozen more.

They get so much petitions for making a RE2 remake sent to them, in fact during the time
I took to write this comment they have probably received enough one lol.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 1:14 pm

@Mcghie: So true Laughing

Oh, and I really need to clear something up.

that evil chic in RE6 was Carla, Ada Wong is her clone
Ada is nobody's clone. Carla has been made to look like Ada through genetic manipulation.

Limey wrote:
Story conclusion to the Racoon/Umbrella arc, tis all, and sad as that is, they obviously felt a need for new characters who Wesker might overshadow. Plus, they were evidently thinking Wesker's demise would be 'cool', along with his schemes which were ridiculously comparable to Hitler's conception of a master race.

Anyway, with a certain event in RE6 - contained below in a spoiler - I think Wesker's return is theoretically possible and maybe that was done to facilitate his return.
Spoiler:
Like I said above, Ada wasn't cloned. Carla got an "extreme makeover" for her to look like Ada. This is all explained in Ada's campaign. So to say, no, Albert could not be cloned.

@DeadFan: No, Carla was not in the previous games.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 4:18 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
@Mcghie: So true Laughing

Oh, and I really need to clear something up.

that evil chic in RE6 was Carla, Ada Wong is her clone
Ada is nobody's clone. Carla has been made to look like Ada through genetic manipulation.

Limey wrote:

Spoiler:
Like I said above, Ada wasn't cloned. Carla got an "extreme makeover" for her to look like Ada. This is all explained in Ada's campaign. So to say, no, Albert could not be cloned.

@DeadFan: No, Carla was not in the previous games.

Yea yea ur right, guess i've missed that part on wiki and havent played for Ada yet, so pardon my ignorance, o embodiment of intelligence Rolling Eyes . . .

Im sure Capcom will find the way of bringing him back, not cs of petitions, but simply cs the game sales will be sky high, only small teaser with wesker in it will make whole RE world to go crazy . . .
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 5:28 pm

Yea yea ur right, guess i've missed that part on wiki and havent played for Ada yet, so pardon my ignorance, o embodiment of intelligence Rolling Eyes . . .

I'm sure Capcom will find the way of bringing him back, not cs of petitions, but simply cs the game sales will be sky high, only small teaser with wesker in it will make whole RE world to go crazy . . .

This is one main reason why shouldn't take what you read as fact unless it is stated within game or otherwise.
It doesn't matter, Capcom had officially stated his death.
Wesker's return could not be tied into the cannon and therefore would be stupid for Capcom to bring him back.
They might be ridiculous now a day's but I don't even think Capcom would stoop that low for cash.
Furthermore Wesker was never a truly fan favourite, it was only after the release of RE5 that there was a huge influx of wesker love.
I would also like to point out that him returning is not a whole reason for a sale increase and tbh it would not effect the sales at all.
A remake of the older resident evil games (especially RE2) would have a HUGE sale turn out.
Capcom know this but does that make them change there mind and instantly go and produce the remake ?
Of coarse it doesn't.

Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:30 pm

Mcghie wrote:
This is one main reason why shouldn't take what you read as fact unless it is stated within game or otherwise.
Wesker's return could not be tied into the cannon and therefore would be stupid for Capcom to bring him back.
They might be ridiculous now a day's but I don't even think Capcom would stoop that low for cash.
Furthermore Wesker was never a truly fan favourite, it was only after the release of RE5 that there was a huge influx of wesker love.
I would also like to point out that him returning is not a whole reason for a sale increase and tbh it would not effect the sales at all.
A remake of the older resident evil games (especially RE2) would have a HUGE sale turn out.
Capcom know this but does that make them change there mind and instantly go and produce the remake ?
Of coarse it doesn't.

Why do people keep asking for an RE2 remake?

I think firstly, it is a bit of a risky move, a chance that Capcom is probably not going to risk. I mean, all of us would surely buy it and love the hell out of it, sure. And RE fans in general mostly, and maybe even a few people that are not such big fans of the series, but I can garauntee that there are a shit ton of people that would not get the game, because it still would not appeal to them. CoD or GoW fans or whatever. It is just a move where Capcom is not so sure if the game will be as lucrative as they would like.

And I get the feeling Capcom is not making RE games nowadays for fun, it is probably more about making a profit, and if the money they get from the game does not match the time and effort and money they put into making it, they more than likely are not going to do it.

On another note, if they did make REmake2, then why not remake RE3? Because it would be the only RE game that does not look fantastic like the other main series RE games. But if they do that, then why not make REmakeCVX too, because then it would be the only RE game in the main series that didn't look amazingly perfect?

But then why not just remake every other game in the series too? Then when the next gen of consoles come out, they can remake their remakes. Rolling Eyes

And if Albert Wesker comes back from the dead again, I am through with video games.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:08 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Of coarse it doesn't.

Why do people keep asking for an RE2 remake?

I think firstly, it is a bit of a risky move, a chance that Capcom is probably not going to risk. I mean, all of us would surely buy it and love the hell out of it, sure. And RE fans in general mostly, and maybe even a few people that are not such big fans of the series, but I can garauntee that there are a shit ton of people that would not get the game, because it still would not appeal to them. CoD or GoW fans or whatever. It is just a move where Capcom is not so sure if the game will be as lucrative as they would like.

And I get the feeling Capcom is not making RE games nowadays for fun, it is probably more about making a profit, and if the money they get from the game does not match the time and effort and money they put into making it, they more than likely are not going to do it.

On another note, if they did make REmake2, then why not remake RE3? Because it would be the only RE game that does not look fantastic like the other main series RE games. But if they do that, then why not make REmakeCVX too, because then it would be the only RE game in the main series that didn't look amazingly perfect?

But then why not just remake every other game in the series too? Then when the next gen of consoles come out, they can remake their remakes. Rolling Eyes

And if Albert Wesker comes back from the dead again, I am through with video games.

A remake of REmake? Lol .
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:23 pm

The closest remake of 2 we'll probably ever get is the DSC. Nothings more
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:31 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Being a big company, that is pretty much the only logical direction to take. In any case, yes, you are absolutely right.

Then again, RE2 is more important to the series than RE3, simply because RE3 was supposed to be a spinoff anyway. OR they could just merge the two into one. That would be pretty awesome.

weskersbarber wrote:
A remake of REmake? Lol .
As crazy as it sounds, some people are asking for this already.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:06 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Then again, RE2 is more important to the series than RE3, simply because RE3 was supposed to be a spinoff anyway. OR they could just merge the two into one. That would be pretty awesome.
That would be pretty awesome if they could pull it off. Have it begin with Jill and play up to the point where she's infected and falls into a coma, take control of Claire or Leon (how to work out the different scenarios would take some thought) and play their adventure, then pick back up with Carlos when Jill awakens and finish out RE3's events.

If Capcom were to do this, I guarantee I'd pre-order uber-expensive collector editions of the next four REs simply as a thank you whether I intended to play them or not.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:16 am

Mcghie wrote:

I'm sure Capcom will find the way of bringing him back, not cs of petitions, but simply cs the game sales will be sky high, only small teaser with wesker in it will make whole RE world to go crazy . . .

Of coarse it doesn't.

The Remake of RE2 will only sell on old school Hor Sur fans, RE 4 generation might not even bother buying them, just as spike says, but return of main character will make the entire gaming world go crazy, i mean couple of seconds in RE6 teaser where Chris had his gun ponted to Leon and they were talking to one another, sold the game even before it was out

@mass: actually i dont think that its crazy, I would love to play RE Remake on MT frameworks 3d gen engine, it would look simply awesome . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 am

@mass: actually i dont think that its crazy, I would love to play RE Remake on MT frameworks 3d gen engine, it would look simply awesome . . .
A remake of a remake for a game that already looks and plays great is just utterly pointless.

@GL: You know, you should give Revelations a chance. Pick it up used when it's on sale or something. I'm sure RE6 is not your kind of thing but RER did a lot of things right. Just to keep your interest up before we get such a pretty remake Razz
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:47 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
A remake of a remake for a game that already looks and plays great is just utterly pointless.

@GL: You know, you should give Revelations a chance. Pick it up used when it's on sale or something. I'm sure RE6 is not your kind of thing but RER did a lot of things right. Just to keep your interest up before we get such a pretty remake Razz

It does look good but compared to say RE 5 its crap, so if they remake re 1 on the newer engine it will look just as RE 5 or 6, so its not pointless for me, cs among all older RE RE1 is my favorite . . . So thats why i would not only love to play it, but would actually prefer re1 to either 2 or 3 remakes . . .
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 4:58 am

The Remake of RE2 will only sell on old school Hor Sur fans, RE 4 generation might not even bother buying them, just as spike says
Raise your hand if you don't give two shits past Sunday what the RE4 generation buys.

*Raises hand*

@Mass
Not likely to happen, unless it's in the bargain bin section of a bargain bin which is, in turn, buried in another bargain bin. As I've said before, RE4 and RE5 have totally soured this gameplay style for me.
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:08 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Something I've always wondered. Obviously we all know that RE3 was technically meant to be a spinoff, but just because it was supposed to be during development, does everyone still see it that way? In addition to a lot of gameplay innovations, personally I always thought it added a good deal to the story. We saw Umbrella finally getting involved in the events of the outbreak through Nicholai, and it wrapped up the Raccoon City storyline in spectacular fashion. If CV was the 3rd numbered game, and RE3 was just called Resident Evil: Nemesis, I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of folks would complain that the end of Raccoon City was dealt with in a spinoff title.

Just a random musing.

Ghost Leader wrote:
That would be pretty awesome if they could pull it off. Have it begin with Jill and play up to the point where she's infected and falls into a coma, take control of Claire or Leon (how to work out the different scenarios would take some thought) and play their adventure, then pick back up with Carlos when Jill awakens and finish out RE3's events.

If Capcom were to do this, I guarantee I'd pre-order uber-expensive collector editions of the next four REs simply as a thank you whether I intended to play them or not.

I've thought this myself on several occasions. A game combining RE2 and 3 in that fashion, with REmake/Zero style graphics, would probably be the best game ever. Not that Capcom are smart or good enough nowadays to pull it off, but it's something to think about....

Mass Distraction wrote:

^ Yeah, that. 10+ years on, REmake is still one of the most visually stunning games I've ever played, and the gameplay is already tuned to perfection. What purpose would a REREmake serve? It's not going to get any better.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:53 am

Cyberization wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Something I've always wondered. Obviously we all know that RE3 was technically meant to be a spinoff, but just because it was supposed to be during development, does everyone still see it that way?
Counter question: Code Veronica and Revelations are spinoffs but does anyone see them that way?

Cyberization wrote:
What purpose would a REREmake serve? It's not going to get any better.
Hurr durr bethur graphex
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:08 am

A remake of REmake you say? The closest we'll probably ever get is UC "Mansion incident". However, the PS3 version looks like sharped "HD" GameCube textures.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:24 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Counter question: Code Veronica and Revelations are spinoffs but does anyone see them that way?
I've always considered CVX to be a main story game in spite of the title's lack of a number (they should have just called it "Resident Evil 4", IMO) because it carries on the main plotline with main characters. I consider a spinoff to be a title with minor characters that looks at main story events from a different point of view (Outbreak), has a completely self-contained story with either main characters or minor characters (Dead Aim, Revelations), is non-canon altogether (ORC), or takes place in the same universe but doesn't reference main story events or characters.

Quote :
Hurr durr bethur graphex
And biggah 'splosions!
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 10:12 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I've always considered CVX to be a main story game in spite of the title's lack of a number (they should have just called it "Resident Evil 4", IMO) because it carries on the main plotline with main characters. I consider a spinoff to be a title with minor characters that looks at main story events from a different point of view (Outbreak), has a completely self-contained story with either main characters or minor characters (Dead Aim, Revelations), is non-canon altogether (ORC), or takes place in the same universe but doesn't reference main story events or characters.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I was gonna say. CVX should just have been called Resident Evil 4: Code Veronica, I feel like both it and Nemesis are pretty integral to the overall storyline.

I've heard a few people talk about Revelations as a spin-off (similar to what Ghost Leader said), but I can't comment on it, as I haven't played it yet. I'm waiting on the console release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?   Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reason behind capcom getting rid of wesker?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next