HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?

Go down 
+12
RE Psycho
JamTyrantH
Spike991
Valentine Fan
Vandal
Ghost Leader
doctorstrangesf
Methsia
RaviorStygian
Nobudy
neo_nille
Mass Distraction
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:44 pm

^

Agreed. I've had enough QTEs to last a lifetime
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Valentine Fan wrote:
^

Agreed. I've had enough QTEs to last a lifetime

Come on, they aren't sooo bad, only when half the game is full of em(RE6).

An occasional one would be cool though. The reversals are awesome though. Kinda like the dodging in RE3, but you get to kick some butt when you time it just right. Did I mention gutting enemies with Chris' knife?

After playing RE6, it really makes RE5 pretty dissapionting...I'm not even talking about Sheva "Always In The Way" Alomar, but if you watch the very early RE5 teasers, like the Extended Teaser from 07, it's looks pretty damn intense and scary, and as far as the gameplay goes, Chris was definately able to do little dodging things, like I remember seeing him croutch to avoid a Majini's running attack at him, stuff like that. You can just see how awesome Chris was going to be in RE5, and how awesome and intense it was gonna be, until someone came along and had to ruin it and make you rely on her....Sheva.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:41 am

You know, if it had not been Sheva that you had to rely on, it would've been Barry. Same thing, different character. Can't hold that against her.

Playing so much RE6 has actually made me want to play through RE5 again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:02 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
You know, if it had not been Sheva that you had to rely on, it would've been Barry. Same thing, different character. Can't hold that against her.

Playing so much RE6 has actually made me want to play through RE5 again.
Same here. And since I got my headset yesterday, it'll make me want to play co-op even more.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:58 pm

wasnt sheva only added to the game because people were accusing capcom of being racist?
at least thats what i read.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 pm

JamTyrantH wrote:
wasnt sheva only added to the game because people were accusing capcom of being racist?
No, you read lies. Capcom had Sheva in the game before, they made her a more significant role because they added co-op. You can see some concept art where Chris and Jill have to free a captured Sheva.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Mercy wrote:
JamTyrantH wrote:
No, you read lies. Capcom had Sheva in the game before, they made her a more significant role because they added co-op. You can see some concept art where Chris and Jill have to free a captured Sheva.

fair enough.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 pm

I want it to be a survival horror game and not an action shooter, but since capcom has taken the series in that direction they may make it a shooter.

The creepy atmosphere

The original music soundtrack

New rooms and areas, maybe spend a little more time outside in racoon city

New and more challenging puzzles
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 pm

The RE2 section of TDC was only semi-faithful. Because it had both characters together, Claire appeared alongside Ada, when we all know it's only meant to be Leon and Sherry, although Sherry is only there to lose her pendant. This cross between Claire and Ada doesn't happen in the real RE2 story. Thus a remake must be exactly like the remake of RE (1) and not change anything about the game itself. Just improve on it.

Unfortunately, I can see all remakes being lazy by just copying the now boring gaming style of 4, 5 and 6.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 3:48 pm

It never said that they never met. And remember, Leon was retelling these events to Krauser. And considering he has a Hollywood love for Ada, he wouldn't forget how he met her. Plus, would you ever decide to split up in a zombie indlfested city on your own will? Maybe he was paired with Claire and Sherry for longer. [code]
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:08 pm

OK. So it was presented as a dream, like how the events in Gun Survivor 2 was Claire's dream?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:17 pm

RE Psycho wrote:
I want it to be a survival horror game and not an action shooter, but since capcom has taken the series in that direction they may make it a shooter.

The creepy atmosphere

The original music soundtrack

New rooms and areas, maybe spend a little more time outside in racoon city

New and more challenging puzzles

I would like a creepy horror game too. RE hasn't drifted too far from that. They certainly aren't a shooter by any means. They have plenty of action elements, but aren't a shooter just yet. No way no how. They are getting away from their roots, but are still pretty RE in a lot of ways. Hopefully that doesn't change.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:23 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
I don't want just the same game again with a facelift.

I would like something similar to how the original RE4 was going to be, where it's half fixed camera and half over-the-shoulder.

It was too much like SH, RE has nothing to do with the paranormal activity and the house filled with ghosts of the past, it would have been really outta re style, so good thing they've canceled it, and if that didnt happen we would have never had one of the greatest games in the gaming history, RE 4.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:08 pm

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they made it into a action shooter like 5&6. I like both the styles of the old and newer games. I mean, sure back when I was younger I preferred the survival horror, but I'm not sure if it would keep my interest anymore considering I'm use to more fast-paced, action shooters.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:25 pm

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I would like something similar to how the original RE4 was going to be, where it's half fixed camera and half over-the-shoulder.

It was too much like SH, RE has nothing to do with the paranormal activity and the house filled with ghosts of the past, it would have been really outta re style, so good thing they've canceled it, and if that didnt happen we would have never had one of the greatest games in the gaming history, RE 4.
I'm pretty sure all of the paranormal activity were hallucinations that were caused by Leon's T-virus infection.

I can't explain how he could die from hallucinations, though. Unless of course him dying to the hallucinations meant that the virus beat him.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:53 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

I'm pretty sure all of the paranormal activity were hallucinations that were caused by Leon's T-virus infection.

I can't explain how he could die from hallucinations, though. Unless of course him dying to the hallucinations meant that the virus beat him.

shameless but slick Resident Evil clone - Bobba Fatt on Silent Hill

I love this line, it means that SH (as one of the greatest games in existence) will always be shaded by RE. If RE 3.5 was released the tables would have turned radically. Yeas they could have masked the whole thing with hallucinations, but game style is literally a clone of Silent Hills. But they can release it now just for fans, im pretty sure that it will sell serious amount of copies cs it is very famous.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 8:09 am

My preferences for a RE2make:

• The possibility to switch between fixed camera angles for old-school folks like me and over-the-shoulder view for others. Since they surely wouldn't program two wholly different graphic concepts for the entire game, I guess this would render (pun intended) a pre-rendered environment improbable and lead to fixed camera angles with normal in-game graphics. I could live with it, just as I could live with fixed camera angles and pre-rendered backgounds only.
  • More background information about... anything, really.
  • An added story arch, like the Trevor family story in the REmake.
  • No hyper-active zombies.
  • Crimson heads.
  • I would enjoy tank controls, but since fans of the newer installments would have massive issues with it, I guess we don't need to have that discussion anyway. Same goes for ink ribbons and item boxes.

Nobudy wrote:
They need to make the story the canon version. Granted, Claire A and Leon B is what is considered "canon", there were some gameplay elements that made it seem non-canon in a way. For example, how did the "A scenario" character never see any of the damage that Mr. X caused? What I wished the developers for the first remake did was add the canon ending after unlocking all possible endings.
I'm quite indifferent in that regard. You have to keep a balance between depicting the canon on the one hand and employing game mechanics to keep the concept of different storyline playable on the other hand.
The more canon the better, so if they ironed out some inconsistecies in the original, fine with me. And if they decided to keep it like in the original RE2, I wouldn't care too much either. I acknowledge every RE game I play is automatically non-canon, since I will be bitten at least once...

RaviorStygian wrote:

That's what the story was supposed to be like, if I recall correctly from a very distant past. Leon being infected by a Uroboros-like virus loud and having to battle within his hallucinations. But even so, I agree, it would have been too paranormal. In my original disdain for the new direction RE was taking since RE4 I was quick to declare my love for the would-have-been RE4 beta, but it actually would have been even more un-RE-like. RE is not about paranormal occurences, it's about real world mechanics and a scientific approach to biological weapons.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 2:33 pm

I want RE2 to be ported to the DS like RE1 was. REDS2!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?   Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 2 Remake: What do you want?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2