HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion

Go down 
+51
residentleet
VitalSigns
Mullet_Wesker
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
VoyageTreader08
ToCool74
Revenant662
Ssplain
DivideByZero
DampRevil
weskydude
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Shrike
halestride
Sundown31
02viperacr
Valentine Fan
gowett
AWDCP
The mastAH!
Sakura the zombie slayer
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
Minizue
GTMippey
RaviorStygian
MSR
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
gucci13
Progenitor
will1234562
Spike991
Melissa_89
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Teh Black Cat
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfielmusculo
kevdliu
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Venoym
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Vandal
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Vandal wrote:
You know what? An enlightening conversation between a friend of mine made me realize why Resident Evil 6 had a bad story and Resident Evil: Revelations had a good story--by comparison--despite the number of characters in each game.

Revelations had two main characters, Jill and Chris. Then they had a supporting cast, some of which you take command over. In Resident Evil 6, you have 7 main characters all fighting for the spot light, and Capcom explains how the game is a Leon game even though Jake is more important and Chris is more interesting.

There's nothing wrong with a large cast of characters, X-Men does a good job with that, but we know that we have only a few main characters with one main antagonist that everyone works together to bring down. In Resident Evil 6 everyone was sort of bukkaked all over the script.

It was like that Resident Evil 6 is more focusing on Leon, instead of Jake, Chris and any other characters of the series. It also appears that Leon is the main character. While the other is just, you know, supporting. I mean all of them. It's a failing storyline. And it's not good. The script is suck though.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 2:09 pm

RebelliousQueen wrote:
Vandal wrote:
You know what? An enlightening conversation between a friend of mine made me realize why Resident Evil 6 had a bad story and Resident Evil: Revelations had a good story--by comparison--despite the number of characters in each game.

Revelations had two main characters, Jill and Chris. Then they had a supporting cast, some of which you take command over. In Resident Evil 6, you have 7 main characters all fighting for the spot light, and Capcom explains how the game is a Leon game even though Jake is more important and Chris is more interesting.

There's nothing wrong with a large cast of characters, X-Men does a good job with that, but we know that we have only a few main characters with one main antagonist that everyone works together to bring down. In Resident Evil 6 everyone was sort of bukkaked all over the script.

It was like that Resident Evil 6 is more focusing on Leon, instead of Jake, Chris and any other characters of the series. It also appears that Leon is the main character. While the other is just, you know, supporting. I mean all of them. It's a failing storyline. And it's not good. The script is suck though.
After replaying 6, it feels like that. They tried to make Leon more of the hero by making him be the one to tell Chris that Jake and Sherry need rescuing which by extension also stopped HAOS. With all honesty, Chis, Jake, and even Ada felt more like the real heroes.
Back to top Go down
ToCool74
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ToCool74

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm actually hoping that what was said about RE7 going back to its horror roots is true.

Although I'm not to thrilled about the reboot aspect of it, but as long as it is done in the right way I may be able to get on board with it.

I remember seeing someone give a suggestion about if it supposedly went back to the mansion incident and kept all the original characters, but had a different outcome than original series.

Like some of the characters that lived dieing and some of the ones that died lived.

Kinda like what the new Mortal Kombat reboot did.
Back to top Go down
http://gamingforce.us/
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:02 pm

That was my idea. I called it...Resident Evil: Paradox Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
ToCool74
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ToCool74

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:07 pm

PWNERX wrote:

Pretty much what the new mortal kombat reboot did, it went back to the original game but changed so much as the course of the game went on.

Like for RE1 for instance we could have Rebecca and Barry die but have Richard and Forest live.

Something to shake up the original established canon.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:37 pm

ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Pretty much what the new mortal kombat reboot did, it went back to the original game but changed so much as the course of the game went on.

Like for RE1 for instance we could have Rebecca and Barry die but have Richard and Forest live.

NO. BARRY ALWAYS LIVES.
Back to top Go down
ToCool74
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ToCool74

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 pm

PWNERX wrote:
ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

NO. BARRY ALWAYS LIVES.

Then what staple Resident Evil character from the original would you not mind dieing?

Either way some fans would get pissed by this lol, its the same with the new mortal kombat which -SPOILER ALERT- turned Sub Zero into a Cyborg and then went on to kill the majority of the heroes near the end of the game.

Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:44 pm

ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

NO. BARRY ALWAYS LIVES.

Then what staple Resident Evil character from the original would you not mind dieing?

Either way some fans would get pissed by this lol, its the same with the new mortal kombat which -SPOILER ALERT- turned Sub Zero into a Cyborg and then went on to kill the majority of the heroes near the end of the game.

Kung Lao: doesn't listen to Raiden, killed by Shao Kahn.
Liu Kang: doesn't listen to Raiden, killed by accident.
Johnny Cage: doesn't listen to Raiden, lives...

Also, what if Brad died?
Back to top Go down
ToCool74
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ToCool74

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 7:56 pm

PWNERX wrote:
ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

NO. BARRY ALWAYS LIVES.

Also, what if Brad died?

And you forgot that Sub Zero,Smoke,Jax,Nightwolf, and others where pwned/killed by Sindel lol.

But Brad dieing wouldn't do much to shake up the series.

For one he died in RE3 and was a zombie in RE2.

He brought next to nothing to the series really other than saving Jill,Barry,Chris, and Rebecca at the end of Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:16 pm

ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

NO. BARRY ALWAYS LIVES.

Also, what if Brad died?

And you forgot that Sub Zero,Smoke,Jax,Nightwolf, and others where pwned/killed by Sindel lol.

He brought next to nothing to the series really other than saving Jill,Barry,Chris, and Rebecca at the end of Resident Evil.
While he may not have done anything major himself, he's the catalyst for a lot of stuff. What would have happened had he not come back for the team? It was through his actions that we'd get the B.S.A.A or a major blow to Umbrella and a bunch of other stuff.
Back to top Go down
ToCool74
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ToCool74

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Nobudy wrote:
ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
ToCool74 wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

NO. BARRY ALWAYS LIVES.

Also, what if Brad died?

While he may not have done anything major himself, he's the catalyst for a lot of stuff. What would have happened had he not come back for the team? It was through his actions that we'd get the B.S.A.A or a major blow to Umbrella and a bunch of other stuff.

But the point is to have him die in RE1, if that where to happen how would the others have possibly escaped?

And to have him die later would only yield the same result as his death in RE3.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Well, if Brad died before the Cerberus attack, then Joseph could've had a shot at life. Since there are more people, they could easily save either Forest or Kenneth, and since in REmake Richard was attacked by the snake TWICE. Imagine how many alterations there could be? Maybe Richard could be saved and would be able to repair the Radio...but, that wouldn't do much...unless he could build something with a wider range...
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:18 am

ToCool74 wrote:
I'm actually hoping that what was said about RE7 going back to its horror roots is true.

Although I'm not to thrilled about the reboot aspect of it, but as long as it is done in the right way I may be able to get on board with it.

I remember seeing someone give a suggestion about if it supposedly went back to the mansion incident and kept all the original characters, but had a different outcome than original series.

Like some of the characters that lived dieing and some of the ones that died lived.

Kinda like what the new Mortal Kombat reboot did.

Scorpion was/is my character in MK. "Get over here!"

Ima go with PWN, Barry does NOT die! Period.

I xo hope that Capcom goes back to Survival/Horror with RE7. There is an old saying about a man and a horse/donkey that I can't quite remember, but basically it says that if you try to please everyone you'll end up on your ass. The same can be said about RE6. Re6 is pretty awesome and fun on the whole, but it's far from the RE experience we should be getting.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:32 pm

I say, if you're looking for the real Survival Horror experience, look no further than The Evil Within. If you want to see what happens next for Leon as he hogs even more screen time, get Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
ToCool74
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ToCool74

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 7:51 pm

I've seen The Evil Within, while it looks great it doesn't replace Resident Evil for me.

So I would rather have more of that Resident Evil thing, with them bringing back the survival horror which made the series relevant in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 9:00 pm

I think asking Capcom for a survival horror Resident Evil is like asking Halle Berry to do a strip tease for your birthday; hopeful, yet fruitless. Capcom is convinced that they're not the problem, and the fact that they stated that their original fans are too old to play games supports that statement. If this were a break up, their line would be "It's not me, it's you."

All the while, the creator of Resident Evil is in his own studio doing what he does best by making The Evil Within.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Shinji Mikami may be doing what we want to see in the RE series, with this other franchise of his, The Evil Within, which don't get wrong, actually kinda has me interested. It's a cook name, amd I hear good things, I am curious...buttt I love RE. I like the characters, the story, the music, the style, the situations, the gameplay, and everything RE. Evil Within may be even better than some of Capcom's most recent handy work, like RE6((which was still fun sometimes. Ha funny that I can't give it a totally faithful "It's good"), ORC, and straight petty Ports, but Evil Within can never replace RE.

I think i'm gonna put Evil Within on my list of games to get. I was trying to buy GTA5 earlier, but was unable to...I plan to get that kne soon, because I KNOW that game is going to be a fucking blast!
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:41 am

Figures: Someone gets GTAV; complains about it being boring, then plays it 3 days in a row...
ie, I wasn't someone.
Back to top Go down
ToCool74
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ToCool74

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:30 am

Vandal wrote:
I think asking Capcom for a survival horror Resident Evil is like asking Halle Berry to do a strip tease for your birthday; hopeful, yet fruitless.

Actually they have acknowledged that they may go back to Resident Evil's horror roots with RE7.

I tried to post a link to the article but apparently this site does not allow that for new members... Shocked 

So its really is not as hopeless or fruitless as you would think.

The only draw back is that it may end up being a reboot, but still a Resident Evil game.

Capcom are not complete idiots, although RE6 sold well it still fell short of their sales projection, and the mixed reaction it received from fans and critics alike was not lost on them, many have been giving them a lot of shit about Resident Evil not being survival horror anymore, judging by what they said about possibly going back to Resident Evil's horror roots with the next entry seems to suggest that the outcry may have gotten to them.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 7:41 am

I'm familiar with the article, in fact everyone on this forum is, but that's old news. Since then, Capcom has backpedaled from that statement, saying the person who said that is no longer with the company and whatever he said didn't reflect what the company had in store for the series. Plus as I said in my last post which you seemed to omit, Capcom's latest statement on the Resident Evil series was negatively attacking their fans of core survival horror.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130860-Capcom-Our-Resident-Evil-Gamer-Fanbase-Is-Too-Old
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:19 am

Vandal wrote:
I say, if you're looking for the real Survival Horror experience, look no further than The Evil Within.
Not holding my breath on that one.

Silent Hill pretty much does the same thing and you don't have to wait to get them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:12 am

Teh Spike wrote:
Shinji Mikami may be doing what we want to see in the RE series, with this other franchise of his, The Evil Within, which don't get wrong, actually kinda has me interested. It's a cook name, amd I hear good things, I am curious...buttt I love RE. I like the characters, the story, the music, the style, the situations, the gameplay, and everything RE. Evil Within may be even better than some of Capcom's most recent handy work, like RE6((which was still fun sometimes. Ha funny that I can't give it a totally faithful "It's good"), ORC, and straight petty Ports, but Evil Within can never replace RE.

I think i'm gonna put Evil Within on my list of games to get. I was trying to buy GTA5 earlier, but was unable to...I plan to get that kne soon, because I KNOW that game is going to be a fucking blast!
If you can get past the infinite loading screens then yes.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 am

I am not at all against a reboot for RE. I think I would really like a new RE. Survival/Horror fo sho. Maybe a new cast, new location, maybe lots of familiar stuff, like character cameos and all that jazz. Like what if they go back to before Umbrella went under. Some Umbrella, some T-virus, maybe some flippin' Crimson Heads, new faces, Survival and Horror, I think it could work!

@Nobudy, I've encountered some pretty bad loading screens before. Like Outbreak. Omg. And Vice City for Ps2.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:29 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
I am not at all against a reboot for RE. I think I would really like a new RE. Survival/Horror fo sho. Maybe a new cast, new location, maybe lots of familiar stuff, like character cameos and all that jazz. Like what if they go back to before Umbrella went under. Some Umbrella, some T-virus, maybe some flippin' Crimson Heads, new faces, Survival and Horror, I think it could work!

@Nobudy, I've encountered some pretty bad loading screens before. Like Outbreak. Omg. And Vice City for Ps2.

Vice City had some horrible loading screens. Oh man, and Morrowind used to take FOREEEEEVER to load.

If there's a reboot of RE in the future, I hoped it wouldn't differentiate from the core series too much, but still put an interesting spin on several key events. The Mansion incident, for example, but you get to play as one of the scientists during the early stages of development for the T-Virus and S.T.A.R.S come in to extract you (giving you the choice to play as either Chris/Jill/Barry/Rebecca) or the second partner can be one of the scientists test subjects that escaped from their holding cell.

Just spitballing right now, but I wouldn't mind an RE Reboot right now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:44 pm

Teh Spike wrote:

Unfortunately, GTA V's famous infinite loop is true to its word. The only way out of it is to quit the game. I should let you know however that infinite loading only happens when trying to load another save file or repeating a mission while on GTA V update 1.03 or higher. If you disable your internet connection altogether (not just signing off from PSN), you won't have the problem even on 1.03 or higher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion
Page 19 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next